1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

My Little Pony: Found items and bargain thread.

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Ben1138, 14 July 2012.

Tags:
  1. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

2. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

3. GatewaytoGlimmer

Bizarrely enough the Amazon listing is from a1 toys themselves :p

4. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

Huh how strange. I also noticed that they have the Guardian of harmony Celestia statute for a tenner.

5. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Lots in Home Bargains, much of which they've had for a while but there were a few new things:

Spa-themed Large Story Packs:

[​IMG]

EqG mid-sized Class Sets:

[​IMG]

They had this Dashie one with instruments and also the Sci-Twi set with all her sciencey stuff.

There were a couple of sticker activity books for about 79p too, and a Rarity and Twilight Play-Doh set that I forget the price of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bexy164 and GatewaytoGlimmer like this.
  6. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Please excuse the double post!

Home Bargains Merry Hill have more things in - the Tempest Sky Skiff set for £3.99, Twilight with the Canterlot spa carry case thing for £6.99, also the Play-Doh set with Twilight and Rarity moulds that I couldn't remember the price of is £4.99.

Loganberry likes this.
  7. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Thank you so much for this one! I happened to be at Merry Hill today for boring (ie non-pony :p) reasons, but after your heads-up I popped into Home Bargains. There was one Sky Skiff left in the pony corner! I did let a family with couple of kids with unicorn shirts go in front of me, but they didn't show any interest in that set, so I grabbed it. £3.99 is an amazing bargain for something that's £21 in Argos!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. GatewaytoGlimmer

I might go to Home Bargains next week to see if I can get it. Not that many down south though :p

9. GatewaytoGlimmer

So I ended up at Home Bargains today! (in Hounslow in West London) I got the Spa pony pack that @DerpyWhooves posted earlier and I'm happy I got them for £6. Also saw the massive Wonderbolt pack in there for £20 which I was thinking of getting for Soarin' and Spitfire and I'll go for it next month if they still have it. Wanted the Tempest Sky Skiff set as well, but they didn't have it :(

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. Loganberry

Poundland in Kidderminster has the Cheese Sandwich Guardians of Harmony tank set for a fiver. Considering how often you see this in discount shops compared with almost any other GoH set, it really looks like Hasbro miscalculated on how well they'd sell!

11. GatewaytoGlimmer

With Toy R Us stores set to be closing in the next couple of days, they're not just selling off the toys and games, they're selling off everything. This includes MLP related displays. For example the one in Croydon has a small cardboard sign for £5 and a larger cardboard box for £20! I assume this is similar with other stores that haven't closed already. If you want a unique piece of pony merch, head down to TRU to say a final goodbye.

12. Osakadragon

Osakadragon Recognised Pony

In smyths I saw (I think) series 9 fashems for £3.49 and mashems mashmallow for £4.99, is there any way to tell what you get for both as I would like luna, nightmare and celestia.

13. mlpbronypony

mlpbronypony Honorary Pony

I got my 2 things for £10 and the big box thing for £30. Each store is doing stuff differently. Some stores won’t even sell the pony stuff as it’s copyright (so some one on fb told me)

14. GatewaytoGlimmer

Hmm, very intriguing. As you imply I guess it depends on different locations. For reference I got mine from the store in Croydon and they obviously had no issue! And considering they're going out of business, I'd be surprised if the copyright excuse was real.

15. mlpbronypony

Last Thursday I got mine the day after I enquired about it when they rang me to say they were closing in 8 days.
    Agreed

This is what I got.

[​IMG]

16. GatewaytoGlimmer

I got the exact same poster :D I thought about buying the smaller board on the bottom but decided to leave it for someone else. I bought the big poster for £15 for comparison.

17. mlpbronypony

They offered both to me for £10!

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  18. Loganberry

As far as I know, no. There's certainly no obvious way like the blind bag codes. The only way to be certain is to buy them already opened, and as we all know eBay sellers sometimes ask silly prices for MLP stuff.

19. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Forbidden Planet in Cambridge has the GoH Discord and Chrysalis figure for £6.99 each.

20. Osakadragon

Osakadragon Recognised Pony

[​IMG]

TheDashingJack likes this.