1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

New Argos catalogue

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Tamsin, 21 July 2012.

1. Tamsin

Tamsin Gotta work for change x

I nipped out to pick up the new Argos cat today, well I was excited to see a whole page of mlp , and they had the backpack towards the back. But what annoyed me is I saw they had the flower fillies set in there so I went in to buy it and all that kept coming down was the cmc set, I was really annoyed and definitely said my piece.
    But for all interested they also had wedding playset, cadence, talking baby spike, wedding flower fillies (eventually they will be in stock apparently) and the wedding ponies ( 2 for £15)

:) just thought I'd let you all know

They also have the vehicles and train still

Little Emerald likes this.
  2. HappyGoLuckyPone

HappyGoLuckyPone Shocked and appalled!

3. Kim

Kim Collargogglebirdhorse

We saw the backpack in Argos yesterday at the weekly brony meet, said item has been out for a while in other stores however (I saw it in a shoe shop about a month ago).

4. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Oh, I'll be taking a look there then. I've been looking for a backpack for a while now.

Also, what's the flower fillies set?

5. RainbowBandit

RainbowBandit Resident Fangirl

Flower fillies set is the CMC in their wedding flower girl outfits I think

6. StarlightComet

StarlightComet Honorary Pony

The Argos staff said they get different waves of sets under the Forever Friends banner, previously that was Royal Castle Friends and School Pals. The next wave will be the Wedding Fillies (dunno if there will be a 2nd set too). They all come under the same code and its random what you'll get depending on their stock and they said it's not possible to ask them to order in a specific set. :rolleyes:

This is the Wedding Fillies set:
    http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/...?R=10319A82-5056-900B-102D-A839F36CDEBB:en_US

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oh also I think they are selling off the single packs of Travelling / Suitcase Mane 6 with Animal Friend brushables in some places because they want to replace them with the Bridle Friends sets.
    http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony-2/en_US/search/_/Ntt-bridle friends?Ntk=All&Ntx=mode matchallpartial

7. Little Emerald

Hah, I remember seeing that Rainbow Dash dress in a local costume shop before. There was a Pinkie Pie on at the time, too.

8. Kim

Kim Collargogglebirdhorse

Item 15 has the same description as item 14. Editing fail.

Tamsin likes this.
  9. StarlightComet

Yep Argos is pretty fail it seems. I've never used them before except in trying to find that 1 School Pals set. On the Argos website under the same code they had the image of School Pals but the description of Royal Castle Friends (when you go in store there is a chance of either, but at the least they could picture both on the site and write descriptions of both and say "One at random when ordered"). Now they have the same School Pals image but with the Wedding Fillies set description. But if you order now online or go in store then you may still get the older stock (Royal Castle Friends or School Pals).
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9083925/Trail/searchtext>MY+LITTLE+PONY.htm

It's the same for other stuff like the Bridle Friends, Train Set carriages etc. They're all under the same code and which character you get is random, you may also have a chance of getting old stock of previous sets under the same code.

They'd make more money just having separate codes for each individual item...

10. EmilythePegasister

EmilythePegasister Recognised Pony

There's also an argos exclusive duvet cover :)

11. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

What does the duvet cover look like? Is it a bit different from the one that's available on Amazon and Play.com?

12. EmilythePegasister

EmilythePegasister Recognised Pony

Yeah, it says Magical friends and has Rainbow, Twilight and Pinkie.
    Rainbow Dash is on the pillow and judging by the photo it looks reversible

13. Little Emerald

Very tempted...

14. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

oh ill have to have a read though next time im near an argos

15. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

That duvet cover sounds very tempting indeed. Still not sure about the wedding ones but I need the CMC brushables so it's probably worth picking up the flower fillies set.

16. Jade spiral

Jade spiral New Pony

I picked up the duvet cover and pillow case today - its gorgeous! Very bright and cheery :D and and duvet cover is reversible (the other side is a pink colour with hearts and other shapes and pictures of dash/twilight/pinkie's faces).

17. Tamsin

Tamsin Gotta work for change x

Hmmm probably cost £2.50 to send , it's not a heavy set & they're £14.99 in Argos

StarlightComet likes this.
  18. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Too much want. Payday Thursday. Must buy ponies.

So Spike says things like 'Can I have a kiss?' Well at least he isn't saying 'I'm a Princess, are you a Princess too?'

19. StarlightComet

Great thanks :) I'm going to try 1 more Argos tomorrow and if they just have another Royal Castle Friends set I may take you up on that!

20. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Eyup! Went down to the local Argos today. Almost all of it is out of stock already!