1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

New MLP Movie announced for 2021 (release: US 24/9, UK 15/10)

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Danishbrony2011, 15 February 2019.

1. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Release dates, INCLUDING UK, have been announced!

Info via Equestria Daily. Dates given are:

USA: 24th September 2021
    Netherlands: 13th October 2021
    UK: 15th October 2021
    Turkey: 22nd October 2021

The three-week gap between US and UK releases is a real shame -- that's longer than the equivalent gap for the 2017 film -- but at least we know how long we have to wait now. :)

3. Loganberry

Some news from Hasbro, via the Festival of Licensing trade event in the US. Mildly spoilery in the sense that it hints at the direction of G5, but more immediately it confirms that we are still looking at September 2021 for the film's release despite you-know-what world event.

Next up, the world of Equestria is expanding to introduce a new generation of ponies to a new generation of fans. With more humor, heart, and music than ever before, Hasbro hopes that audiences will be swept away by the new cast of ponies and the incredible adventure that awaits them. Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again when the all-new, computer-animated theatrical feature hits theaters everywhere in September 2021.

Mane25, Blissful690 and Oilyvalves like this.
  4. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Well, it's all the right signals at least.

I'm particularly intrigued by the phrase "the world of Equestria is expanding", which suggests we may not be looking at the hard continuity reboot some people were speculating about. Might we be looking at new characters in a world that at least doesn't rule out the possibility of it still being Equestria?

Loganberry likes this.
  5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

All bets are off at this point as everything that was leaked went out of the window. We're going in blind :)

Loganberry and Blissful690 like this.
  6. Kim

Kim Collargogglebirdhorse

I've heard folks say more recently that G5 has been "confirmed" to have a different main cast (contrary to those leaks from what feels like seven lifetimes ago). Is that actually confirmed, or just presumed?

7. Loganberry

I don't think anything much has been officially confirmed beyond that G5 is happening, coming in September 2021, and using CGI for the movie but Toon Boom Harmony for the following show. I'm not sure whether any of the VAs themselves have commented. They'd doubtless not be able to say yes before Hasbro gave the go-ahead, but I imagine they could say no if they knew they weren't involved.

8. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

I think that's based on:

the phrase "a new generation of ponies" in the synopsis.

9. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

10. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

It's a promising mystery!
    I'd like this to be genuine G5 because it's very encouraging in my opinion. My interpretation is that it's an older pony telling a younger pony (father and daughter perhaps?) about the Mane Six. Whether it's set in the Equestria we know or an AU where the Mane Six are a legend or fictional characters (perhaps that older pony is a Brony...:D) it's a nice nod to G4 and raises some interesting possibilities. It's also a rather sweet little sequence and has a lot of G4 feel to it at first glance. If G5 can capture some of that G4 atmosphere and pay tribute to its predecessor then I will be happy to watch it, so if this is the real deal it shows promise!