1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

New Series of Robot Wars commissioned by BBC Two

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by nerdowl, 13 January 2016.

1. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Still not got rid of flippers or the pit so still meh to the show.

2. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

I do.

3. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Soon, series 10 will start.:)

Oilyvalves likes this.
  4. abrony-mouse

abrony-mouse (not) Flawless

and now for the audience's viewing pleasure we wil cover everything in fog so nobody can see anything :p

10 robot rumble will favour rugged bots I'm thinking. should be fun

5. cool110

cool110 ⏏⋈♻✇✐

So, they're getting the area to destroy itself rather than waiting for Carbide to do it.

Robshi likes this.
  6. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

uhm... fog of doom is pointless and wastes time more then anything

them counting to show daras and angelas reactions to the fight annoyed me as this is robot wars not 2 people watch robot wars

the new format way to mch favours the robots that get though the first round

and the fact this new format forces battereted machienes to play for scaps shows they have solved nothing but chaused more issues down the line

the fight were amazing but wait to I get home I have a cair and I need to beet it over the head of the bbc

7. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I really liked the new series so far; 'Fog of War' not withstanding. The fights were pretty good, and the production team seem to have really sharpened up their camera work. Dara and Angela I find quite fun as presenters, and Jonathan is as excitable as ever. Big respect to the Donald Thump guy, he played his part very well.

8. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Well for the first time since series 2 Behemoth has past its heat and by beating the former champ for the first time. Also I like the new format, a lot better than the battle royal. And to finish this off, flying floor spike.

9. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

That was an exciting start to the new series. I actually like the new format since it means we don't have a rematch for the heat final. I'm unsure about the Fog of War, I'm doubtful it will do much.

Also I did find the Donald Thump guy rather funny. :p

10. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Wooow! What a final episode!

No spoiler thoughts right now - just seriously go watch it if you haven’t already!

11. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I thought it was a tremendous final. Will be giving it another watch in the next few days I think.

12. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

The grand final was awesome.

13. abrony-mouse

abrony-mouse (not) Flawless

woo robots :D great final and heat! robot melee thing workedish except for fog
    for final though they keep on underscoring damage. carbide clear winner for me if you take that intoo account and they were able to keep their weapon going through the whole fight

14. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

That was an amazing episode of Robot Wars, probably one of the most exciting ever.

There were so many robots in the pit at the end of the 10 robot rumble! I've never seen it so full. The Fog of War proved to be a bit of a nuisance in that fight for spectating purposes. I do wonder if that feature will just be abandoned, particularly as it seems to favour spinners.

Nuts 2 pulled the shock of the tournament. I was amazed to see it beat both Behemoth and Carbide. A shame it couldn't pull off the same feat twice.

I was a little surprised to see Eruption win the event. Carbide did do more damage, but I was happy to see Eruption get the win. They did really well to survive and it was a very close battle. A great way to end the series.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  15. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Zenfox likes this.
  16. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

17. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Well 20 years ago we saw the first eposide of Robot Wars where we saw Nemesis burn, Roadblock gave Killertron a piggyback and for the next 20 years we saw many great robots and fights.

Zenfox, Robshi and Oilyvalves like this.