1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other OC in the Zombie Apocalypse! (The Reboot!)

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sharpster25, 11 December 2017.

1. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Doctor Rosaline was going over various patient's clipboards, checking everything was alright and making sure nothing needed to be done that could be done in that moment; when she hear a panicked yelp from the other side of the infirmary, surprisingly it didn't wake the other patients as most were out cold or under a medically induced sleep.

"Dusk!" The frightened voice came from Nightwing's bunk.

Rose turned and saw her patient rigid and upright, before slowly relaxing slightly and laying back down, where Rose could only just pick up the sound of crying.. 'Zat poor gurl...' She thought as she walked over and grabbed and cold wet flannel from a nearby bowl of cold water, ringing it out before she walked over to Nightwing's bunk, seemingly unnoticed.

"Miss Nightving~?" She spoke with a softer than normal tone as she sat on the end of her bunk and placed a comforting hoof on her side.

To which Nightwing suddenly yelped again, her breathing picking up pace again as she back up to the edge of her bunk, her eyes suddenly looking up to the sudden intruder. "Gah! Get away!"

"shh, shh, shh~" Rose comforted as she retracted, letting her patient realise there was no threat. "It's okay Miss Nightving, you're safe now."

"S-sorry Doc..."
    Nightwing relaxed a little once again as she, curled up even more, almost hugging her bed covers as her tears returned from the fright.

"You're body temperature is very high, my dear... here." She placed the flannel onto Nightwing's forehead as she rubbed her side, attempting to sooth her. "I heard zat you lost a member of your team, and zat you're team are close, like family. You have my condolences Miss." She gave a reassuring smile, though sadness could be seen through her gaze. "If you need to talk about it i'm here for you, my dear, and everysing vill stay between us if you vish."

#61 Mista Squishy, 16 January 2018
    Last edited: 20 January 2018
  2. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

“Th.... thank you d.... doctor” Nightwing stuttered as she took a few deep breaths, “yeah, those guys are my family, the only one I have left” She looked around, as if someone could be listening, “but, me and ….Dusk were ….quite a bit more than that, we kept it a secret from everyone, even the rest of the squad, if it got out, well, you probably know the regulations”

“You'd have both been tried by court-martial and then discharged?” a voice came from the doorway to the infirmary, Nightwings head snapped round and saw Apple Corps leaning on the doorframe, with a knowing smile, “before you panic ma'am, I know, always have” she walked up to the bunk, “who do you think covered for Dusk on the nights she snuck off to your quarters?”

3. Mista Squishy

Rose giggled to herself, "Oh if i had vun penny for every mischievous tale i heard, i'd have been a rich mare long ago." She smiled and looked down to Nightwing. "vell, on ze bright side Miss... you've still got ze rest of your loving family, some are not fortunate enough for such sings." Her smile looked genuine and caring, but a small glint in her eye showed the pain she felt in saying so.

She turned to Corps, "I sink she may be vell enough to discharge now, i'll just run a few check up tests zen you can have her." Rose turned to a nearby table, grabbing a blood pressure machine and strapping it to Nightwing's remaining front leg, waiting a moment to get a reading, "Das ist gut..." The Doctor said as she took it off and took out the temperature tool before placing it in the opening of her ear to get a reading. "your temperature is high Fräulein, but i can send you off vith a cold press pack to help lower ze fever." She smiled reassuringly, that glint of sadness still present. "Consider yourself the last discharged patient on my shift, Miss Nightving."

#63 Mista Squishy, 16 January 2018
    Last edited: 16 January 2018
  4. Sharpster25

Nightwing caught the look in Doctor Tenderhearts eyes, it was only for a moment, but hidden behind the smile Nightwing saw pain behind her eyes. She quietly let Tenderheart run her last few tests while trying to think of something to say.

When the doctor had finished, Nightwing finally spoke up as she got off the bed, having to, yet again, adjust her stance to account for her missing prosthetic. “Dr Tenderheart, do you know what happened ….to your family? And Friends?”

5. Mista Squishy

Rose's smile shattered, revealing the true expression underneath, of sadness and regret, now that somepony brought it up. "No..." she sighed looking out the nearby large glass stained window of the castle's interior. "I haven't seen a single familiar face since i got here, besides ze Captain, but only because I've been his Doctor for many years."

She sat down into the bunk once Nightwing stood, and looked back to her, "It never leaves my soughts, vere zey might be... If i could have saved zem... Zey are most likely dead now." Rose looked down at the floor, her breath becoming slightly shaky, "It vould break me to go outside and see ze tvisted faces of zose i love confronting me, vanting me dead." She looked back to Nightwing again, "I vant to see if i can find zem, but at ze same time... i fear vat i might find instead of zem."

6. Sharpster25

Nightwing saw something snap in the Doctors eyes just before it spread to her face, 'Oh great, don't get emotional girl, cant cry in front of Apple Corps' she thought steeling herself as Tenderheart spoke. But as she went on Nightwings resolve started to crack and fresh tears started to form in the corners of her eyes, 'damn it girl' she thought.

Without thinking beyond her inner monologue, she drew the Doctor into the best hug she could do with her one foreleg, “I....I'm so sorry” she whispered, before the Doctor started crying into her neck, she couldn't stop herself then, she quickly followed suit and her crying joined the doctors. Through her tears Nightwing saw Apple Corps struggling to remain composed, the tears on her cheeks giving her away, “Get in here you big softie, that's an order” She snivelled between her crying.

Apple immediately threw her forelegs round the already crying pair and joined in, “I'm.... sorry Ma'am.... I miss her as well”

7. Mista Squishy

The group's tear filled hugs lasted for a fair while. When eventually the group found themselves now within Nightwing's chambers; sharing what was left of her stash of apple reserve and lamenting over many, many, many bottled up and hurt feelings from their past.

"-An' she said... 'You're a lil' short for a Luna guard!' uuuugh huuuh huuuuuuh!" a now-drunk and emotionally exposed Slate cried as the now four ponies sat on the floor, with throw pillows under-flank and a bottle each within their grasp.

"Zat is so sad Slate! HIC ...Just because you are smol doesn't mean you are any- HIC ...-less of a stallion." Rose leaned over patting the small stallion's head drunkenly.

"Sniff... At least you guys Sniff -understand." Slate replied, wiping away his snotty nose with his hoof.

8. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Loud static could be heard coming from the Radio Base Station, however no pony is on duty to field the call. The white noise stays mostly contained within the concrete and metal walls of the underground base accompanied by the occasional pops and hiss. Perhaps a Guard passing by catches ear of it, perhaps not. Only Roseate, and Princess Luna have a key to the Station. There is a backup key to the Tower locked in the Captian's Office in the Lunar War Room if anypony were able to get to it. Soon, the static breaks enough for a fuzzy voice to be heard. The voice is of a desperate stallion.

"Please, answer. Hello? Signal incoming, please answer me. Rose! Are you there? Please answer. I haven't got much time. Rose, please answer! Please..."

9. Sharpster25

“ …..wait, w.... wait wait, I got a.....nother one, dis ones funny” Nightwing stumbled over her words before taking along drink from her bottle, “The first ….time Dusk ….heh …..tried sneaking in here, she got lost.... ended up in Night Orbs room …..” she broke into a fit of drunken giggles, before managing to continue, “she..... was half way into his ….bed before she noticed him sleeping, yous should have ….heh, seen her face when she arrived here..... red as a tomato” she burst out laughing, joined by the others.

“Haha..... Then wha.... happened?” Apple slurred.

“Thatssss ….private” Nightwing said, cheeks turning crimson as she quickly finished her bottle. She absent mindedly rolled the empty bottle around in front of her, “Dat was.... only a couple months after ah losht my leg ….speaking of which.... wheres my pros.... prseti.....pres..... fake leg, Apple?” somehow only just noticing it was still missing.

“Ah, um, errrrr.....” Apple stuttered, “Ah can't remember.....” she shrugged.

“Ugh!” Nightwing fell back on her pillow “Silents gonna be soooooo …..annoyed, Hah!” she laughed, “So, whosa next?” she asked.

10. Mista Squishy

"I vish.... vish i could share somesing... HIC ... about my romances..." Her expression turns to a drunken but mild sadness as she looks to the floor, "But HIC -... i've never had any partners... not even a- HIC ...kiss, I vas such a verkaholic visout the time, and now zis mess HIC... Zese rotters have taken any chance of zat happening now, Zose Schweinehunde." She let out a big sigh as she finished.

"Hey now... I-I.... uhh, I think yous got plen'y of tam to find people 'ere." Corps pats Rose on the shoulder as she reassured her, before suddenly planting a kiss on the drunken Doctor's lips.

The Doctor let out an Eep, taken by surprise, her pearly white face turned a deep shade of pinkish red, matching her mane almost, her body froze in place, not knowing how to respond as the others burst out laughing.

"Haha! Th-that's-...." Apple snickered, "Ador-... uh.. Ado... um, cute haha."

Slate was on the floor laughing his flank off before shortly passing out and snoring, while nightwing watched giggling to herself,

"Now you can't say you've never had a kiss before eh Doc?"
    Nightwing chuckled before downing the rest of her drink.

And so the night lasted not much longer for those ponies as one by one they drifted off, loosing consciousness and entering Luna's domain... the world of dreams and wonder. The one true escape in the present for those not plagued by nightmares and tragic dreams. Rose Laid there, twisting and turning in her sleep, distressed and panicked as she had one such dream.

There she stood, alone, cold and in the dark, damp alleyways of Canterlot's long rotted and decaying streets. Whispering sounds of wind and distant groans creeping into her fluffed ears and chilling her spine as the poor mare looked about scared and confused and unsure. "v-vere am I?" Her heart raced in her throat as she began to become more scared, the creeping wind growing in volume. She white and pink mare darted to the end of an alleyway, finding only the choice of more alleys to traverse, she began running, the sounds of groans and gurgling now growing and gaining on her, turn after turn after turn she made no progress to escaping... the long maze-like alleys slowly seemed to grow tighter and smaller around her as the sounds of death and torment were almost upon her delicate form.

"Geh weg!"
    She screamed as she ran, now feeling the breath of horror bearing down on her neck as she ran. "Nein!! Geh Weg!!" She screamed once more as it felt mere inches from her.... before suddenly it stopped... silence, and she was now running through the wide cobbled streets of her home district on Canterlot, the sun shinning low at the end of he street, like a calming sunset as her pace slowed, breathing no longer panting, taking in her surroundings. "Zuhause? I-I'm home?" she asked herself even more confused then before and still shaken.

She began walking towards her house, at the end of the street two silhouettes formed in the distance facing away from her, she barely made them out to be her parents, "Mama? Papa!?" She picked up the pace again, running and tearing up with relief and joy as she closed the gap... only, she wasn't closing the gap it was like she was running on the spot. She looked down watching the pavement move past her as she ran, she was running... but was the street growing? Confused Rose's heart-rate began to rise again fearing this strange happening.

The clouds above grew darker and larger, almost filling the sky as the sunset behind her parent's slowly lowered further, in a flash of lightening the city was suddenly back to it's rotted and decayed state, the groans and wispy winds now all around her. her hairs stood on end as she pushed to run faster but to no avail. Slowly she saw the undead crawling out from the alleys either side of her parents as they stood still... unaware, and silent. The dead now creeping slowly to them,teeth bared and groans growing more feral. "NEIN!!! MAMA!!! PAPA!!!" She pushed herself as hard as she could, wanting to get between them somehow, to warn them, but nothing seemed to work.

The sun slowly set as the zonies got closer and closer to her parents, before there was just darkness.

Rose Sprung awake, dripping in sweat, blood drained from her face, her skin cold to the touch and eyes bloodshot and wide open in panic. "Nein! Mutter! Vater! hinter dir! Geh weg von ihnen!" She yelled, her breathing sporadic and insanely fast as she began to sob, shaken and frightened like never before as the morning sun shone through the window, warming the top of the poor mare's head.

#70 Mista Squishy, 17 January 2018
    Last edited: 17 January 2018
  11. Sharpster25

Nightwing quickly found herself back in Twilight Estate, in the same room as before “Great” she circled round again “I know you're not Dusk, so who.... whatever you are come out and give me your worst” she said, sure of herself this time.

“So sure of our-self now then?” Dusks voice came out of nowhere and everywhere at once before the undead vision of her walked out of the shadows, “How can you be sure? I look like her don't I?”

“She would never talk like this, I know the pony I love, and you're NOT HER!” Nightwings voice rose to a shout as she spoke.

“Ooooh, so angry, who knows?” the undead copy of Dusk started circling round Nightwing, “Maybe I am her, back to taunt you from the grave? Maybe i'm your conscience? Here to tell you you did the wrong thing? Or maybe I'm just here because you're subconscious is trying so desperately to convince you I'm not gone? That you didn't let me die?” She ….it stopped in front of Nightwing “I can tell you one thing, You'll be seeing me again, real soon The Dusk copy cracked a smile and waved, almost looking just like the real thing ….almost, before Nightwings vision faded to black.

She awoke to the sound of shouting and crying.... and a killer headache. “Ugh, wha...?” she muttered before springing upright, still on the pillow she'd been sat on the night before. A crying Rose already in the forelegs for Apple Corps.

“Mama.... Papa....., es tut mir leid” She heard Tenderheart mutter between sobs into Apples neck.

“There there, it's ok, you're safe here” Apple Corps whispered, stroking Roses mane to comfort her. All while Slate stayed asleep through the whole noise, still on his back snoring away, his hind leg twitching.

12. Mista Squishy

Rose slowly but surely calmed down, her heart-rate returning to normal and cold sweat subsiding as she cried into Apple Corps' now-damp arms.

With shaky breaths she whimpered, "I-It felt so real... i could see zem... s-so clearly" She closed her eyes and hugged Corps tighter, tears still strolling down her cheeks. "I.... I couldn't get zere in time... I tried so, so hard."

"shh... It was just a dream, Rose" Corps responded softly as she gently rocked side to side subtly.

"s-stay a little longer, I don't vant to be left alone just yet." Rose spoke up after a few minutes, having reduced her sobbing to just a sniffle.

"Sure thing, We don't have an assignment for a while anyway, right Boss?" Corps smiled reassuringly and looked towards Nightwing.

13. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

In the still dead of night, Staff Sargent Roger L. Tango sits in a dark, quiet room and lets out a heavy sigh. He has no idea what time it is, but if he had to guess, maybe about one in the morning. Lily, a small unicorn filly, lays next to him fast asleep. She silently snoozes as Tango tries to remain quiet in order to keep Lily from waking. Tango removes the battery from his repeater. It was running low, and he didn't want to risk wasting anymore of it than he already has. The house he's been taking residence in, has no way of charging it. Still, getting a hold of the radio mare, Roseate, was a top priority for him.

"Damnit, Rose. Why didn't you pick up?" he whispers to himself, looking at the repeater as its little red light slowly shuts off.

Also a top priority, was the safety of this young filly he'd met. It was now more than obvious to him, that this filly has been subject to multiple forms of abuse by her mother, Trisha, likely for years. Tango has observed Lily being shown egregious forms of neglect, such as being locked up in her room for days on end with little food or water. He's also seen Lily take an awful lot of mental, emotional, and physical abuse from her mother. Much to his chagrin, Tango even has been forced by Trisha to "punish" Lily a small handful of times. Such as forcing her to dunk her hooves in boiling hot water, or slamming and pinning her tiny frame against the walls of hallway. Lily doesn't even seem to notice the abuse, she has grown completely numb to it.

Tango has shown Lily a lighter side of his personality when outside of the guidance of her mother, which is more often than not. Lily has shown herself to be quite the bright young lady. She shows an excellent memory and communication skills as well, which is remarkable for a filly who has so little experience socially interacting with others. She is also extremely shy, and has a very poor self-esteem, which is normal for a foal undergoing so much abuse. As for Tango, he felt a moral obligation to the young filly, but as time wore on, Tango as grown quite attached to Lily. Leaving this place without her now is just plain unacceptable.

"Hey, Tango."
    Tango hears the filly whispering, he turns his head to see the small yellow unicorn, lifting her head up to him.

"Lily, did I wake you?"

"No, I can't stay asleep. I have something I wanna show you, d'ya wanna see?"
    Tango slowly nods, although he has no idea what Lily could be on about. She scurries over to her dresser, and pulls out a small, blue, velvet bag. She dumps the contents of the bag onto the floor. Marbles. They shone and glinted bright in the moonlight that came through the window. "These were a gift from my daddy a long time ago. I dunno what they are, but they're really pretty." Tango stares down at the pile of marbles, not wanting to touch them, for they seem to be the only this of any value Lily has. "Mom doesn't know I have them. Promise you won't tell her."

"Only if you promise not to tell your mom about my radio." If Trisha found out that Tango had contact with someone from the outside, it could be disastrous. He doesn't know if she's capable of killing Lily, but he wouldn't put it past her.

"Okay." Lily slowly nods. She curls up around her marbles, floating up one with her magic. "I really like the colors on some of these. They're a lot prettier than the ugly gray the walls in this house are painted in. When we first moved here, the walls in this room were already pink. It's not even a pretty pink." It was the same pink as her coat, more or less, but the paint on the walls was chipped and sun-beaten. It lacked character or vividness to it. Tango couldn't help but realize that this is how Lily must see herself. "I like this one the most, I've never seen a color like this anywhere else. It's like a blue that looks like a green, but Mom says that's stupid."

"Aquamarine."

"Huh?"

"That's the name of that color, Aquamarine."

"I like it, it's really pretty." Lily calmly looks at all of her marbles. "You don't happen to know what these things are, do you Tango?"

"They're marbles. I used to play with them a bit when I was a young colt."

"Play with them?"

"Yeah, what you do first is put them in a pile kind of like this, and you..." Tango's voice drifts off as he sees Lily's ears droop, a disappointed look comes over her face. "What's the matter?"

"They're just toys. I thought they were, like, money or something." Tango tries his best to hold in chuckle, knowing Trisha might hear him.

"Money is just slips of paper. It's really only worth something because somepony says it does. So, you can put as much value on these marbles as you want, it doesn't matter what they're actually worth."

"Never really thought of it that way." A warm smile comes over Tangos face as Lily quickly changes her tone. Her eyes grow wide with fear. She floats all of her marbles into her bag and stuffs them back into the her drawer. She then looks back at Tango frightened. "Mom's coming!" She almost seemed to have a sixth sense to this. Tango stuffs his repeater under his blanket. Both ponies curl up and pretend to be asleep.

"I hate knowing you exist, Lily." Trisha swings open the door to Lily's room, insults being her usual hello. Lily doesn't flinch. "GET UP, IDIOT! I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE!" Lily slowly rises to her feet, the light coming from the hallway almost blinding her. "I hate it when you wake me up in the middle of the night with all of your moving around, forcing me to come upstairs and deal with you! I get tired of looking at your ugly face all the time!"

"Maybe I wouldn't be so ugly if I were aquamarine."

"What did you say?!"

"...Nothing."

"No, you said something. What was it?"

"Maybe I wouldn't be so ugly if my coat was aquamarine. It's blue and green put together." Tango hears a loud slamming noise hit the wall behind him. He hears a short shriek from Lily there afterward. He has no idea what Trisha's done to Lily, and he doesn't dare look.

"WHO'S BEEN FILLING YOUR HEAD WITH THIS CRAP?!"

"No one!"

"That's a load of bull. Somepony's stuffing your head with stupid, and I keep having to beat it out of you! When he wakes up tomorrow morning, I'm gonna need to have a long talk with your military brat friend over there. In the meantime, you're coming with me!"

"NO, MOM! PLEASE, NO! PLEASE!"
    The door slams behind as the frightened shrieks of a terrified young filly drifts down the hallway and into Trisha's bedroom. Lily's screams of terror were nowhere near as loud as the thunderous sounds that came after. It almost sounded like a whip being cracked, or maybe wooden planks being split in two. Tango doesn't want the think about what's happening to Lily right now, her cries of pain are all he needs to hear. Surprisingly Lily does not sob, Lily doesn't feel pain anymore, only the suffering of not knowing when it will end. This is the third night in a row Trisha has done this. Tango stares at the floor in front of him, bewildered. He mutters to himself.

"This place is a living nightmare."

#73 Rare80, 17 January 2018
    Last edited: 17 January 2018
  14. Sharpster25

Nightwing rubbed her forehead, trying to do something for her pounding head ….and push her latest nightmare out of her thoughts. '….still here ….my love' she heard in the back of her head, She almost fell back back off her pillow “Gah, what?”

“I said; We don't have an assignment for a while do we?” Apple repeated.

“Oh yeah, um, no, no we don't” she rubbed the back of her neck, “the garrison takes care of the watch duties, all we can really do is wait for orders right now”

Suddenly Slate snorted a few times and woke up, “ugh, what a night” he muttered sitting up and stifling a yawn, “so, who's up?” he said gazing round the room, his eyes falling on Rose and Apple Corps, “Well” he smiled “The lovebirds are still in each others hooves I see”

“Love ….birds?” Apple looked around in confusion before looking down at Rose, who had turned quite a shade of pink, and giggled slightly while meeting Apples gaze.

“You forgot? Heh, you two kissed, it was very cute if I do say so, which I do” Slate said with a smile.

Apples face turned a deep shade of red “Dear sweet Luna” she muttered covering her face with her hoof, looking back down at Rose, still snuggling her, a spark flashed across her eyes, “Well, in for a Cent, in for a Bit” She muttered standing up and offering the Doctor a hoof “Miss Tenderheart, would you care to join me for a morning coffee ....or tea, or, um, ah ….whatever you, um, drink?”

"Vhy, Miss Corps mein mädchen, I vould love to” She sniffed, wiping away the last remnants of her tears before taking Corps hoof in her own.

“Ok, good , um, well, I'll see you guys later” she said looking to both Nightwing and Slate, before her and rose walked out together.

Slate turned to Nightwing, “They're totally gonna hit it off aren't they ma'am?” he said with a smile.

“I sure hope so private, we could do with some good news right now” She looked at Slate and smiled back, “Come on, I could do with some breakfast and a big mug of tea myself, if there's any left”

15. Mista Squishy

"Danke." Rose smiled as Corps held the door for her, closing it behind her, leaving Slate and Nightwing alone.

Rose let out a long relieved sigh as she composed herself and pushed back the feelings the nightmare gave her, before turning to corps, "So Miss Corps, H-how is your head? are you hung over at all?"

"uh, yeah, my head is thumping a bit." Corps responded, still blushing slightly from her nerves.

"Vell i've got somesing to help headaches," Rose took Corps' hoof and walked the the end of the hall where Rose's own quarters were and opened the door, "you of of ze soft drink Horn Brew, ya?"

"oh uh, yeah, i used to love that as a filly, it's delicious." She responded, surprised as to the seemingly random question.

"Vell..." Rose walked in with Corps and to the bedside, Corps' hoof was starting to get a bit sweaty just as she let go, and knelt down, pulling out a old large hard suitcase covered in dust, which was kicked up as she popped the locks and flipped it open. "Zese have a medical pain relief drug known as quinine, vich alvays helps me vis hangovers, It's used as flavouring, Here." She smiled and handed Corps a bottle.

Corps looked at the label of the bottle, "Thanks, i never thought to read the label, would of known sooner, heh." She popped the cap and took a swig, "Mmm... just as tasty as i remember." She smiled as the headache slowly subsided over time, "Uh, do you need some miss?" She asked offering the bottle back.

"Now more zen ever." She smiled as she took the bottle back, also giving a good swig, before closing, putting it back into the suitcase and putting it all away. "You know i've got ze perfect place for morning tea," Rose looked to the window for a moment, seeing the bright sunrise sky and dew on the window, "especially vis zis veather."

Taking Corps' hoof once more the two made their way to the Canterlot Castle's Royal Gardens, taking a seat by a nearby beautiful flowerbed. Where they sat awkwardly for a moment.

"So uh, W-what made you become a Doctor... Doc?" Corps looked over to Rose who was a few inches small, almost a foot smaller.

"Oh, Vell from a young age i've alvays had a strong compassion and Empathy for everyone, and i vanted everyone to be happy and healthy, so i took up my studies to become a doctor in the local University. Not much else to tell, what about you Miss Corps?" She looked up and smiled, resting a hoof on the bench between them.

"Um, well... my family were all farmers, but i had no interest in doing so, which made me a black sheep i guess." Corps met Rose's gaze and continued, "I guess i had similar interests to you, so i joined the Nightguard as a field medic once they trained me, I figured there aren't enough Medics in the thick of it." She shrugged and looked at the flowerbed in front of them both, leaning back slightly and laying a hoof on the bench to her side, only to be met by Rose's hoof, making Corps instantly blush red.

Rose picked up on this and giggled quietly before scooting over a little and resting her head on Corps' shoulder, "It's very peaceful here vouldn't you agree?" She asked as the mare looked across the same flowerbed.

"Uhh... y-yeah," Corps took a few quiet but deep breaths, 'C'mon, pull it together girl, think of something nice to say!' She swallowed and quickly responded, "Even better with you here, Rose." Corps barely managed without tripping up as she blushed brighter. 'Whoa! good job Corps... good to see you're still as subtle as ever... you feather-brain.' She scolded herself in her thoughts.

Rose Blushed slightly in response, "You too... liebchen" Her expression grew redder as she finished. Rose nudged a little closer and closed her eyes as she took in the moment.

'I have no idea what that meant... but i hope it was good.' Corps though to herself before she timidly wrapped her hoof around Rose with a nervous gulp.

"You must be very close with your sqvad?" Rose spoke after a few minutes of them both sitting there in silent embrace.

"Y-yeah... they're more like family then my own blood."
    Corps responded.

"Vell I better make a good impression on your family zen..." Rose said, teasingly. Causing Corps to blush and stutter.

"Y-yeah... heh... i-i guess so."

16. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

The next morning, Tango awoke finding Lily curled up next to him once again. He breathed a sigh of relief. He left her room and went towards the bathroom. He checked himself in the mirror, he looked like hot garbage. His eyes were red and tired, his long mane was dry and fell in bunches to his shoulders. He had a bad taste in his mouth, and probably has a bad case of morning breath. He groaned as his back ached. He then turned around and left the bathroom, marching down the stairs to find Trisha sitting in the living room, reading a book and smoking a cigarette. Her eyes darted to meet his, relieved to see that is was Tango making all that noise and not her daughter. She goes back to reading her book, and Tango lumbers into the kitchen. He prepares one of his prepacked lunches for breakfast. It doesn't look like Trisha will be cooking this morning.

"She's not awake yet, isn't she?"

"No, of course not. I think after last night, she's been staying asleep a lot better." Tango reinforces the lie that Trisha's abuse was a good thing. When Tango is able to convince her that her abuse is getting the behavior she wants from Lily, she's more likely to stop. Trisha is an easy mare to lie to, fortunately. Plus, she monitors Lily so little, that she doesn't seem to have a clear idea what her daughter's behavior is like.

"So you heard that, huh?"

"Hard not to."
    Tango finishes his breakfast quickly.

"I need to talk to you. Lily's been mouthing off to me a lot lately, and last night was the worst. She's beginning to think she's smart now. She's never acted like this before."

"Perhaps that's just what's to be expected from a growing filly."

"Maybe,... but I have a feeling you've been a bad influence on her. We made the agreement when I brought you in that I would house you if you help me discipline her, but I think you've done just the opposite."

"She's been more quiet than normal, right? I'll remind you that I was asleep when she talked back to you last night. I wasn't supervising her." Trisha finishes her cigarette, and takes a sip of her morning coffee. This conversation was making Tango uncomfortable. Then again, talking to Trisha always made him uncomfortable. "If you don't like my way of dealing with her, then I don't have any problem with leaving. I was planning on doing that soon anyway."

"Oh really, where are you going?"

"Vanhoover. I've stayed here for a week now, and I'm thankful for you taking me in. However, I need to get moving again. My progress can't continue to stall."

"Fine. If you're going to leave, then I want you gone by the end of today."

"Consider it done."

17. Sharpster25

Nightwing quickly found herself sat in the mess hall, surrounded by the early morning hustle and bustle of civilians and guardsponys getting their breakfast before they took the first morning watch. A mug of tea and a plate of hay fries sat in front of her 'Ugh, hay ….again' she thought, it was never her favourite, but was apparently one of the few things they still had plenty of in the castle. Without thinking about it to much she gulped down the lukewarm tea, ignoring the lack of sugar and milk, both of which had run out weeks ago.

Digging into her breakfast, she tried to push her growing worry of her latest dream from her mind 'What did that ….thing mean, I'll see it again, real soon?' no sooner had she thought about it another voice appeared in her head ….Dusks voice, 'Exactly what I said my love, even awake you're not safe from me'

“Ugh, get out of my head” she muttered, resting her head on the table.

'Id be careful about talking out loud love, don't want ponies to think you're going mad ….who am I kidding? You're hearing voices of a dead pony ….Isn't that the first sign of madness?' The voice sounded almost like it was teasing her.

“Stop calling me love, You're not Dusk” she said out loud again, drawing a few looks from other ponies.

It took on a more smug tone, as if sensing she was getting annoyed 'And there's the second sign of madness ….answering back, I'd be careful …..love'.

“Stop calling ME THAT!” Nightwing shouted as she sprung to her hooves and stomped out of the hall, followed by almost everyone in the hall silently staring at her as she left.

18. Mista Squishy

"Ahem, Doctor Flare?" A relatively seasoned looking Luna Guard called to the pony sat behind a small desk in one of the various re-purposed guest chamber rooms within the castle.

"Hm?" A white youthful stallion with bright green hair looked up and towards the Guard. "Come in." He responded, not expecting a visit.

The Guard's pony stepped in and closed the door before approaching the desk "I'm here to inform you of a potential... case... you might be able to assist. It might be nothing but better safe then sorry in such trying times."

"Oh? about yourself or another?" Flare responded with a professional tone and attitude.

"No, not me Sir, I believe the name is Nightwing... Lieutenant Nightwing, i've seen her acting frustrated and talking or even yelling to... well, nopony." He said, trying not to step on any hooves on unfamiliar topic. "I've also heard the same sightings from a few other ponies, Don't suppose you could look into it, Doc?"

"Hm... i see, we have had a couple of survivors have mental break downs and develop split personalities or even schizophrenia." He sighed before taking his reading glasses off. "I'll look into it though, let's just hope it's nothing eh?" He finished with a feigned smile.

Rose and Corps Gradually finished their isolated time together in what seemed like a small untouched window into life before the outbreak, and what felt like an entire afternoon was merely a couple of hours as they headed back to their various duties and shattered lives.

Rosaline headed back into the Medical hall and into her makeshift corner office to put on her uniform and prepare herself for another day of probable casualties and ailments.

'Vell... zat vill keep me going strong for at least anozer veek.' She sighed with a cheery smile before making her way back to the medical hall with a new-found spring in her step, tending to the various patients.

19. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"Dr. Tenderheart..." Nurse Marie lightly jogged up to the doctor as she enters the infirmary. "One of the few patients remaining from last night, Corporal Roseate Light, is awake now. She's still dehydrated, so Nurse Shortheart and I put her on 880ml of saline. To the surprise of nopony, she awoke in a pretty sour mood, saying things to the effect of 'Let me out of here. I'm perfectly fine. I need to get back to my tower. I have a job to do.'... you know how she is." Nurse Marie look over her shoulder with a worried look at the the now much calmer Roseate, and takes in a huge sigh. Roseate lays on the hospital bed reading silently to herself, wrapped in a thick pink blanket to balance out the cold saline being pumped into her blood at the moment.

"I was able to calm her down and convince her to stay in the infirmary once I reminded her of her 12 hour suspension. I've also relayed the message to Captain Dark Fire to have that meeting with her and Nightwing here, for the sake of her health. She did eat this morning, and the sugar levels in her blood have gone down. I take it that she hasn't been listening to our advice from last time, to begin eating on a more regular basis, and laying off the sugar and coffee. I've deduced that must've been her most likely cause of losing consciousness in the first place, the sudden intake of sugar after not eating in such a long period of time must've put her body into shock. She's blatantly ignoring her basic needs, and putting her body through more stress than it can handle. If her habits don't improve, she'll wind up killing herself one way or another."

Nurse Marie turns back around locking eyes with the doctor, a sincere look of empathy painted thickly on her face. "I understand she's not the most pleasant mare in the Guard to be around, but nopony should be doing this to themselves. You're kindest and most sensible one out of all of us. Please, try and talk some sense into her."

#79 Rare80, 21 January 2018
    Last edited: 25 January 2018
  20. Sharpster25

Apple Corps left the Canterlot castle garden with a smile on her face and a feeling of giddy happiness, she hadn't felt this good in quite a while. 'Hope I made a good first impression' she thought as she found herself wondering the castle grounds aimlessly. She didn't know when, or even if, they'd be sent back out into the field, especially after what happened.

After a while she found herself on the wall staring out over the city, almost looking peaceful in the mid-morning sun ….almost, a grim reminder of the state of Equestria. 'For all we know, we're the last of the living in Equestria' her thoughts turned grim. They'd had no contact from any other cities, not even from beyond Equestria, even the Crystal Empire was silent 'doesn't anypony know what's happening here?'

Her brooding thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of a familiar white pegasus, “Corporal Snow, hows your morning?” she said turning to face the Corporal and saluting.

“At ease Corps, boring mostly” she lent on the battlements and looked over the city “Just being sat here waiting for orders, its already driving me up the wall, anyway” she looked up at Corps with a knowing smile, “I heard you had a nice morning with our resident doctor?”

“I, erm, er ….how did you....?” Corps's face turned red as she stumbled over her words

Snow laughed “Hah, calm down Corps, the castle gardens aren't exactly 'private' are they?” she winked at the embarrassed looking pony “as far as I'm concerned, you go get her girl, we could do with something good going on these days”

Corps's mind eased , “Thank you Corporal”

“Any time Corps, now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find Slate, make sure he hasn't accidentally set fire to the Princesses mane or something, see you around” she left with a smile.

Apple Corps spent a few more minutes alone looking over the city, before her stomach growled reminding her she hadn't actually eaten since yesterday, 'breakfast time' she thought quickly making her way to the mess hall, where upon entering she almost walked into a distraught looking Nightwing leaving a silent hall, everypony inside staring at her. Without pausing, she pulled the Lieutenant aside, “Ma'am, what's wrong?” she asked checking her over, Nightwings eyes were pinpricks with the left one almost constantly twitching.

“N ….Nothing Miss Corps, I'm fine” she muttered trying to give a reassuring smile, but just ending up looking slightly crazy, “now I need to go do …..something” she tried pulling away but Corps held her firm.

“Ma'am you're not fine. What Is Wrong? she said, her voice taking a stern tone.

“I....I.... Corps, help me” she muttered looking at the floor, “Its Dusk, she's in my head.... talking to me.... taunting me, I can't make it stop”

“You're ….hearing Dusk?” Corps muttered, worry showing in her voice.

“Yes she was in my nightmares since we got back to the castle, but since I woke up this morning she's been taunting me..... Corps I cant stand it, get her out of my head …..please” Nightwings voice broke and she hugged Corps.

“I'll do what I can, this is beyond me though, I'm not trained for mental health” she pulled Nightwing to her hooves, “Luckily we have somepony who is” she took Nightwings hoof and set off through the castle.