1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  3. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A few users have been reporting problems receiving emails from us. Please read this for more info.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other OC in the Zombie Apocalypse! (The Reboot!)

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sharpster25, 11 December 2017.

1. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

"Vell for vun Nurse Marie; her suspension vill last until she is in good health, zat vill take a few days at ze least... And vat does Miss Nightving have to do vis her condition?" She asked with a raised brow of both confusion and curiosity, "Have you been drinking on ze job again?"

Before the Nurse could respond panicked and loud choking coughs coming from a nearby bunk drew Tenderheart's attention, to which she rushed over.

"Mr Night Orb!" She exclaimed in both surprise and worry as she helped remove the breathing tube causing the irritation in his throat. "By Luna's beard you had me vorried."

After a few more coughs The Captain responded, "Ugh... where are the others? are they-" He managed before being interrupted by more coughs.

"Zey are fine, sanks to you. You pushed yourself far too much out zer, Orb"
    She reassured with a concerned look on her face. "how are you feeling anyvay?"

"Agonising... Ugh..." The Captain gripped his head in pain, "And starving..." His stomach proceeded to growl with feral desire.

"I'll get you some food and somesing to drink, you've been without proper food or water for almost two days."

"Thanks, Doc." He laid back down resting his head against the pillow as his coughing calmed.

"Marie, handle Miss Light, i'll ask the cook to prepare her meal now." She ordered before making her way to the mess hall and grabbing a hay and cabbage sandwich with some buttered bread and a mug of water.

"Ah... Miss Rose... how's ya been girl?" A gruff and elderly voice called to the doctor.

"Oh Mr Gristle, I vas just about to call for you. zat patient's meal i asked you to be ready for, could you make zat please, she's avake now." She smiled, "-Oh... and i'm alright, how about yourself?" She quickly added, trying not to be rude.

"Ya need to slow dan, girl." He chuckled, "Yer gunna overwerk yerself to thuh poin' of exhaustion if ya keep on like ya are." He smiled, "and i'm fine thank ya, i'll bring over the meal in about 10 minutes, Name's Miss Light right?"

"Ja, sank you Mr Gristle, ta ta." She waved as she headed back to the Captain, setting down his food and drink.

2. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Grim faced, Apple Corps half lead, half dragged Nightwing through the twisting maze of corridors inside the castle. She didn't want to admit it, even to herself but by the looks of the Lieutenant having got this bad this quickly she'd probably get suspended from duty on medical grounds, 'That'd leave us down to 8' she thought worryingly.

After a while of getting lost several times Corps found where she was looking for, forgetting to knock beforehand she opened the door and let herself and Nightwing in, “Doctor Flare” she said to the pony sat behind a desk in the centre of the room, “Apologies for the interruption but, its my commanding officer Lieutenant Nightwing, she needs help....” Flare raised a hoof to stop her.

“I'm already aware, Miss?”

“Apple Corps, doctor”

“Miss Corps, like I said i'm aware of the situation, but since you've bought Miss Nightwing here” he stood up from behind his desk “I might as well look into it now”

Corps breathed a sigh of relief before turning to Nightwing, who was being uncharacteristically quiet, she looked into her eyes and saw none of the confidence of her CO, instead seeing fear and regret, “Ma'am?” she waved a hoof in front of Nightwings face, she didn't respond at all. “I'll leave her with you, help her Doctor, we need her” She left the room and closed the door behind her.

3. Mista Squishy

Flare looked Nightwing up and down with a look of empathy, seeing her caught like a deer in the headlights. "Miss Nightwing, please take a seat." He gestured towards a large fur couch with a leather armchair sat next to it. "I know you're unnerved and worried, but i assure you i never overlook any of my patients, i care and try my best for each and every one of them."

Flare cautiously but calmly made his way towards the armchair, looking back to miss Nightwing, giving a reassuring smile, "You're in good hooves, Miss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose Placed the Captains meal onto a tray as he sat up, adjusting himself.

"You need to stop doing zis Orb." Rose's face dropped to a truly worried and concerned face as she placed the tray on his lap.

"I don't know what you're referring to..."
    Th Captain held a poker face, not looking at the doctor at all.

"You know very vell vat i'm talking about, you're overdoing it, you'll get yourself killed vun of zese days." There was an awkward silence as Orb took a bite of his sandwich.

He finally let out a sign as the Doctor sat there still watching him, "I'm sick of all this death... i've lived through hellscapes that these young pups wouldn't be able to imagine, only now we're all in this rot-hole, I don't want anymore of these kids losing their lives on the orders of higher ups too selfish and lily-livered to go out themselves... and if it kills me to save a few more lives, so be it."

"I know..." Rose replied her face filled with empathy, "But you can only do so much Orb, and ve all need you here, and alive... ve can't save everyvun." The Doctor looked down to the ground, swallowing the painful memories of the patients she failed, only letting one tear escape. "Ve are stronger togezer... remember zat." Rosaline stood before making her way to her office to pull herself together.

4. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Ms. Rose Light lays in her hospital bed, staring up at the ceiling. Nurse Marie came in through the infirmary double doors, trotting up to Rose's bed the nurse uses her magic to float a note onto her bedside. Rose sits up in attention, using a pillow to support her neck. "So, what's the word on me leaving this dump?"

The nurse rolls her eyes at Rose's negativity, and sighs deeply to herself. "You are not leaving any time soon, Ms. Light. The doctor says she wants to keep you in the infirmary for at least a couple of days..."

"A COUPLE OF DAYS?!"

"Please Ms. Light, calm down."

"I'm dehydrated, not dying! I've taken 1600ml of saline this morning, so I should be fine. The doctor's rationale is completely stupid! She's not fit to look after a small box of gerbils, much less a room full of sick ponies! I'm staying until my suspension ends in three hours and not a minute more!"

"The doctor says she needs to keep you on a meal plan for the next several days. She knows as well as I do that once you leave you'll just go back and lock yourself in that basement again."

"The BASEMENT is my Base Station! It's not some pitiful dungeon, it's where I work!" The nurse refuses to answer back, her muzzle scrunches up and she holds in her anger. She doesn't want to argue with Rose, and she didn't take it lightly that she was talking down about her closet girlfriend. Rose turns her attention to the note she was given. She opens and reads it silently to herself. "The meeting between Nightwing and I has been postponed indefinitely." Rose states bluntly spilling it's contents. "Since there's nothing stopping me now, I'll be leaving as soon as my suspension terminates, with or without your consent."

The two of them stop their argument just long enough to for a jolly-looking old stallion to deliver her lunch to her. He sets the tray on in front of the disgruntled radio mare. She looks at the gooey, pink, floppy substance stares back at her. She opts to play with it first, touch a hoof firmly to it as the substance wobble and dances on her plate. A confused look flashes on her face.

"The heck is THAT?!"

"THAT, Ms. Light, is Jell-O. It will help put back some more fluids in your system", Nurse Marie replied. "It might help replenish your plasma a bit as well."

#84 Rare80, 3 February 2018
    Last edited: 6 February 2018
  5. Sharpster25

Nightwing snapped back into reality as the doctor talked to her, and she sat slowly into the chair that he gestured towards. She did her best to focus on what he was saying, something to keep her broken mind anchored in reality and drown out Dusks voice which had devolved into an almost constant rambling in her head, she could barely understand what it was saying any more.

“Thank you ….Doctor, I....” she paused and took a breath, “I lost a member of my squad yesterday ….and the mare I loved ….but ….she's still ….talking to me” her voice started raising and getting faster “Doctor I can still hear her she's in my head I can't take itgetheroutpleasei'mgoingmadshewontstop!” she almost shouted as she tumbled off the chair clutching her head as a massive headache suddenly started, the voice in her head raising to a shout along with her as she fell out of reality and back into a nightmare.

6. Mista Squishy

"Woah there!" Flare quickly got off his chair and knelt over Nightwing, placing a gentle hoof in her shoulder, "Miss Nightwing," He spoke with a clear, loud but reassuring tone, "I want you to focus on my voice... forget everything else, let your mind go blank... and just listen to my voice... focus on my voice, alright?" The Doctor gradually kept talking with a clear yet soft tone for a few moments as Nightwing slowly ceased to tremble, her hooves eased their grasp on her head, and her pained breathing calmed.

"That's it Miss Nightwing, you're doing great... now when you feel ready, i want you to do something." His voice slowly lessened back to a normal indoor volume.

Nightwing didn't speak, too scared and in shock, but slowly nodded her head, still looking to the ground and focusing on Dr. Flare's voice.

"Okay... Now once you feel up to it, i want you to sit up onto the sofa, and look to the other side of the room... But, i want you to focus completely on the bookcases on the opposite side of the room... and i want you to count them aloud, slowly and calmly. Let nothing else distract you, and forget everything happening around you... All that matters are how many books are on those bookshelves, alright?" Flare, gradually stroked her back, calming her until she began to move, which he slowly stood and stepped to one side, giving the bookcases full view of her.

7. Sharpster25

Nightwing did her best, focusing on Flares voice, trying to somehow shove the voice in her head away as she stared at his mouth, hanging onto every word, using them as a lifeline to drag herself out of her waking nightmare and back to reality. As he spoke her headache started to calmed down and the voice in her head quietened down somewhat, she took several deep breaths as she stared at the bookshelf and started counting, “One ….two ….three ….”

The voice of Dusk surged into her head again, 'That's not gonna work? Can you hear me now? Your minds breaking, I need to talk to you, face to face'

Nightwing faltered slightly before shoving the voice harder away, figuring it was trying a new trick “....F...four ….five ….s ....”

'Please' the voice piped up 'This is important, I'm not joking this time'

“S....shut up” she muttered before continuing, “Six ….seven ….eight.....” she felt her mind start to slip again, the bookcase slipping out of focus, even her own voice started sounding distant nine ….ten ….eleven …. before:

“welcome back”

“Gah” Nightwings eyes shot open and she jumped to her hooves, finding herself.... nowhere, all she could see was white as far as she could see, as if she'd jumped into a blank canvas, even looking down, she felt she was stood on something solid, but either it was invisible or just the same featureless white as everything else. “Where am I?” she said as she spun on the spot, trying to make some kind of sense.

“I suppose you could call it ….the back of your mind I think” the voice came out of everywhere at once before the 'Not-Dusk' popped into existence out of nowhere in front of Nightwing, this time not looking like an undead, instead looking surprisingly normal.

“So ….why am I here? Am I out cold in the real world?”

“No ….i don't know, maybe? Time passes slowly here in the corner of your mind, what would feel like hours here passes in a few seconds out there” Not-Dusk gestured to the sky in general.

“You didn't answer my question ….and why are you now talking to me normally? Instead of trying to drive me, you know, mad? And why do I feel normal in here?”

“Woah, one question at a time” She seemed to take a breath, “Your minds almost completely shattered, I'm only just managing to keep this part together. Anyway, when your mind first broke, I suppose your subconscious made me, to somehow try and keep you sane. So basically, I've figured out that if your mind breaks completely, you're not gonna come back from that, and I'm gonna disappear from here forever, its not like I can move out of your mind. And in my time here, remember short time out there long time in here? I've been here for what feels like weeks. Anyway I've had plenty of time to think and I've decided; I don't want to disappear, I've been trying to talk to you for days in here, but I guess you could no longer understand me out there?”

Nightwing shook her head, “No, all I remember is mindless rambling in my head”

“Yeah I thought so, neither of us may like it, but we're stuck with each other, so, you need to wake up and get yourself right in the head”

Dusk and the surrounding whiteness started to fade away with the bookcase coming back into focus “twelve ….thir....teen?” she paused and looked around, now back in Doctor Flares office, “Its quiet” she muttered, not quite remembering what just happened.

8. Mista Squishy

As Nightwing began to count Flare headed off to the side back to his desk, pulling out a quill and parchment as he kept an eye on the mare.

"you're doing good... keep focusing." He reassured as he hovered the quill above the parchment, not touching pen to paper yet.

Flare bit down lightly on his lip and furrowed his brow in thought as he watched Nightwing struggle slightly, but overall from his perspective hold it together.

"It's quiet" Nightwing said, slightly confused, ceasing her counting.

"Are you certain?"
    Flare tilted his head, raising an eyebrow as he observed her. She responded with a nod.

"Hm... alright, just sit there for a moment in silence, think freely, don't concentrate on anything and tell me if you hear her again." He asked as he lent back into his desk chair curiously watching her, He'd never seen a case like this before, she had signs of someone delusional but seemed at the same time perfectly sane. "perhaps it's... magically influenced..." He mumbled stroking his 5'o'clock shadow across his chin as he tried to wrap his mind around it all.

Several minutes passed and Nightwing seemed just as confused and as normal as a simple lost mare, no longer showing any signs of mental instability, albeit a small headache she occasionally rubbed in an attempt to soothe it. Nightwing looked over and shrugged.

"Hmmm... curious," He placed his quill to the side and walked back over, taking a seat, "alright, let's try something." He gestured for Nightwing to get comfortable on the sofa as he shifted in his seat. "Now... how about you go through and tell me when this all started, try and stick as close to details as you can, it's alright if you can't, but just try." He asked ending with an almost parental smile of comfort.

9. Sharpster25

Nightwing sat on the sofa and absent-mindedly rubbed her hoof over the stump of her leg, her prosthetic still missing. “Well ….Doc, I …. I lost my marefriend, Dusk ….yesterday …. oh Luna it feels so much longer than that” she paused doing her best to keep composed “She was bitten, I.... had to watch her.... throw herself out of a window” she sniffed and wiped her eyes.

“I'm sorry for your loss Miss Nightwing” Flare said “Please, continue if you can”

“Well, that night she was in my dreams ….or nightmares, taunting me, blaming me for her death, she seemed so real” she took several deep breaths “I woke up this morning, the nightmare didn't stop, she woke up with me, as if another pony is in my head, with the voice of my deceased partner, still taunting me. But, she just stopped out of the blue just now, its quiet, I can think straight” and as if on cue it piped up in her head again, bringing with it a fresh throbbing headache.

'Don't mention I'm here, don't say anything, no indication you can hear me' the voice said out of nowhere 'you've forgotten our previous talk yes? No matter, just know that I need you to stay sane as much as you do. Trust me, I don't like having to rely on you to keep myself alive, now don't you blow it or I'll make sure you become a babbling wreak in the loony bin, damned the consequences, good? Good.'

“Miss Nightwing? Are you ok? Is there anything else?”

Her head snapped up, “Ah, erm, no Doctor, like I said, my heads quiet now, as if someone just flipped a switch” she said giving a slightly unconvincing smile to the Doctor.

10. Mista Squishy

"Mhm..." Flare lent back in his chair, stroking stubble once more, "Well, if you're sure you're telling me everything, that's good." He looked her over for a moment. The Doctor got the sense something was missing, that she was potentially hiding something. He had been a psychologist for many years now after all, but didn't want to push her in case of triggering another episode.

"Just so you know, i will do my best to make sure you're back to normality. Grief can be a hard thing, but i don't believe it's necessarily your body or mind at fault." He said, looking her over once again, double checking on her body language.

"W-what do you mean?" She looked to Flare with both curiosity and confusion... but also a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"I've had one other case where a powerful magic user had used a lingering spell on one of my patients, now i don't believe it's the same for you, but you show signs of surprising normalcy and higher functions alongside this torment you've been having." He scratched his beard again before continuing, "And the zony outbreak is an abnormality of magical power, magical influences we've never seen before, at least us mortal ponies."

Balefire looked over to the small statuette of the princess sister's in decorative and elegant poses, each holding their respective sphere of power, the sun and the moon. "I may have to talk to the Captains and arrange a meeting with Luna, until then i'll write you some minor pain relief pills for that headache and regular checkups with me to see your progress and get down to the bottom of this, i can't recommend any sort of drugs that i normally prescribe as you don't seem to be detached from your mental state like the patients i normally treat, but with any hope you won't need them." With that the Doctor got up and walked to his desk, picking up the quill and jotting down roughly and more specifically what he said, including an hour checkup tomorrow then every other day going forward until further notice.

11. Sharpster25

“Thank you doctor” Nightwing said, opening the door, “hope you figure something out soon, I have a squad to lead” she quickly exited and closed the door behind her, wanting to be alone asap, to question her unwanted guest.

“So” she muttered, starting to walk, “Why the sudden change of heart?”

'Sudden for you, I've been stuck here for weeks on my end' the voice paused, as if thinking 'you really don't remember that I dragged you in here to talk do you?'

“No”

'Typical' Nightwing could almost hear the voice rolling its eyes, 'well, I can give you a proper recap later now we're alone, as for the 'Change of Heart' as you call it, first thing I remember is ….a sensation of falling, along with a feeling of immense anger and hate, and suddenly bang, I'm here still with those feelings towards everything. But as times gone on, they've eased up I guess? Don't know why, I still hate that I'm stuck in here, but I don't feel any uncontrollable hate aimed at you really any more'

Nightwing stopped dead “One sec .....you said falling?”

'Yeah, why? That important?'

“Dusk ….the real Dusk, she was infected and died from falling out of a window.....”

'…..You're not suggesting..... but.... I don't remember anything before that ….I can't actually BE her ….can I?'

“I don't know, but if the first thing you remember is Dusks last moments.... ” she started walking again, “maybe you're a fragment of her mind? An imprint or shadow of her? But if that's the case, how'd you end up in there?”

“Heck if I know that, might as well leave it to that doctor to figure something out. Anyhow, probably wont get any answers for a while, I'll leave you too it' the voice went quiet.

12. Mista Squishy

Tenderheart was sat in her desk chair. Her back towards the door as she lifted a tissue off of her desk using her magic, and wiping the damp teary pearlecence off her cheeks with a sniffle.

She hastily took a deep breath and tried to compose herself when she heard a a slow creak from her office's door, followed by a strong but patient knock. Rose turned to see the Captain standing in the doorway, all suited up and with a look of empathy on his face.

"I am sorry Captain, come in, don't mind me." Rose said with a slight chuckle, the redness in her face betraying her.

"Sorry to disturb you lass, just wanted to go through the right channels for discharging." He said with a smile, "...also someone was on their way to deliver a prescription to you, figured it'd be better for an old friend to catch you in this state than a stranger." He chuckled as he placed the document on her desk.

"Sank you for ze concern," She smiled back, this time genuine. "I'll discharge you but i vant you to stay in ze castle for a few days, just vant to make sure you aren't in any further danger, i know you're a busy stallion." She spoke, pulling the paper towards her about to read it.

"Cheers Doc." Orb turned and walked to the door and looking back, "Take care of yourself though, you're the only doctor we have, so try not to over do it." He gave a friendly smile before closing the door and making his way to his office, where Timmy quickly welcomed him home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a new hours Rose came back out and towards the Medical bay, a box of pills in he possession, hovering close with her magic as she made her way to Radar and nurse Marie. "Miss Light, You'll be discharged vunce Marie has gone srough ze appropriate heath checks." She nodded to Marie who went to gather her various medical instruments for the tests, "But..." She looked back to Radar with a stern and irritated look, "-you vill be considered off duty for a veek, you may feel free to linger in your stingy basement hugging zose electronics you love so much, but Marie vill be coming by regularly to check you are sticking to your diet plan." She looked to Marie who nodded in understanding, then looked back to Radar who was about to speak, "IF," Rose interjected, "you do not follow zese plans and put your health in jeopardy a sird time, you vill be restrained to ze medical vard, permanently removed from duty, and i vill make sure you von't see zat lovely basement of yours again, as i vill have reason to believe it is infact your addiction to zat little hole in ze ground causing zis carelessness." She paused, "Understood?" Rosaline stood firmly with a scolding parental look on her face.

13. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"I'm sorry, did Luna die last night and make you Princess?" A bitter Roseate looks back at Dr. Tenderheart, the deeply irate Corporal wanted to shove the incompetent doctor to the ground. However, Nurse Marie was removing a needle from her vein, and bandaging her up. "Whether or not I can return to work is not within your authority to give. My suspension is over, and I wish to return and continue my duties as soon as possible. I have a very important job, and please, don't give me that crap about Dark Fire or someone else extending my suspension any further. I'm not buying it. Ever since Princess Celestia left the castle, The Night Guard seems to think they're in charge of everything, and I'm growing tired of blatant favoritism that's been constantly applied to them."

"You, on the other hoof, aren't trained as a Royal Guard Medic. You have no authority to hand down such a punishment. The truth is, if you weren't Night Orb's pet for all those years, you wouldn't even be here. That's favoritism." Roseate, now fully bandaged, gets up from her hospital bed and begins collecting her belongings. "You work, maybe, eight to ten hours a day? Yet everypony huddles around you. 'Oh, don't overwork yourself Dr. Tenderheart! We're worried about you, Dr. Tenderheart!"
    Roseate spits at the ground in disgust. "Pathetic. My shifts often go 24, 48, or 72 hours long. I go days without sleep, because that's what my job demands of me. However, I don't get a small crowd of pouty-faced ponies following me around, worried about my every move. Heck, I could die in my Base Station tonight and no one would notice. That's favoritism."

"Or what about Lt. Nightwing's colleague that got killed last night? A horrible tragedy, yes, but you and other have been coddling her ever since she's gotten back to the castle. However, when news of Sgt. Thunderstuck's death came in a few week ago, the only friend I had left in this castle, what did I get? Nothing. Nopony visited me at the Base Station. I was given no shoulder to cry on. I wanted time to grieve too, but no. I had to work though it, like I work through everything else -- on my own. That's favoritism too." By now Rose was putting on her black fleece jacket, and was beginning to head out of the chamber doors. She was beginning to deeply loathe Dr. Tenderheart, wanting to get as far away from her as possible. "I'm going back to work, and could give a damn about whether or not you object to it. I'd rather spend all night in that "dingy basement", because it sure beats being forced to put up with you morons all the time." Suddenly, an angry Rose bolts out the door, shoulders hunched forward and her chin in her chest.
    [​IMG]
    "You're not leaving, are you?" Tango looks down at Lily kneeling down to her level after he opened the door to her room. Tears were filling up in the wells of her eyes, scared that her friend seemed to be leaving her. Tango takes a deep breath, pausing, and throwing his hooves around the shoulders of the poor filly.

"Yes, but not without you. Your mother thinks your safe here, but she's wrong. None of us are. The only safe place in Canterlot is Canterlot Castle. Your mother is coming with us too." Tango hugs Lily and then quickly begins collecting his things. "As much as I don't want to bring her, she's a civilian, and deserves protection from the undead as much as anypony does. But, I promise, they'll lock her up in a place where she won't be able to hurt you anymore. Understand?" Lily slowly nods her head, still looking a bit saddened.

"You don't expect her to just go willingly with us, do you?"

"No. I'll tie her up and drag her to Canterlot Castle if I have to..."
    Tango though was cut short by a noise coming from downstairs. Then he heard a voice, Trisha's. She calling out loudly for Lily. The confused Lily stares at Tango, nearly frozen in place. The startled filly whispers to herself.

"Mother never calls me down on her own. Never."
    Tango nods his head in the generic direction of the stairs, telling Lily that she'd better not keep her mother waiting. Lily sighs and she timidly leaves her room, and descends down the staircase.

14. Sharpster25

Now her mind was somewhat calmed, except for the moderate throbbing headache, Nightwing decided to pay a visit to Silent, 'maybe he's got my leg in working order' she wondered as she emerged from the castles main entrance stepping out into the early afternoon sun.

'How do you manage being a tripod?' Dusk said out of nowhere.

'I thought you said you'd leave me to it?' Nightwing replied in her head as she crossed the castle grounds towards the barracks.

'Hey its boring in here, I got nothing to do now except talk, so talk I shall. Anyway, my question?'

Nightwing entered the barracks and headed towards Silents room, 'Eh, you get used to it, anyway pipe down a minute, I don't need two people talking to me at once' she pushed open the door to Silents room “Hey Silent, you in?” she said before spotting him hunched over his workbench working on something.

“Ah nightwin', good timin', i've just finished” he said with a smile as he spun round holding up her leg, now back in one piece, and seeing her lack of a 4th leg his face fell “Where's me spare leg I gave ya?” he held up a hoof, “Daan't even answer, i'm behind on me ovver projects after this anyway, just sit daahhhn over there and let me get this attached” he said pointing towards a chair in the corner.

Soon as she sat he started working on attaching her leg again, then Dusk pipped up again 'I like this guy ….you think he's into disembodied voices?' she asked in an attempt at a joke, to which Nightwing stifled a laugh.

“Summit funny?” Silent said pausing and looking up.

“Um, no you just …..tickled me is all” she stammered out.

“....ok” He dismissed her and made a final few adjustments, “Ok, try it aahht”.

Nightwing stood up and walked round the room a few times sighing contently at the familiar feeling of her old leg, “Feels good as new, thanks Silent” she smiled at him.

“Nah problem, na, remember your maintenance this time, and please try ter keep it in wahn piece” he ushered her quickly out of his room “Nice ter clock ya again and everythin', but i'm very busy, so much ter do, i'll clock ya later ok? bye then” before closing the door behind Nightwing.

15. Mista Squishy

"Vhat an egotistically delusional mare... Vhere she got all zat misinformation i know not" Rose cocked a brow, then looked to Nurse Marie, "Looks like you've got your verk cut out for you, Marie." She said with a worried expression.

"I think i'll keep chatter to a minimum, for both our sakes." Marie responded.

"Yes, Zat vould be best, I vish you all ze luck i can offer." Rose gave her a reassuring look. "Now... i've got to find a certain mare for her prescription." She looked about to find Nightwing, the mare in question, walking through the medical ward.

"Ah, Miss Nighving!" She called, grasping her attention. "I have your prescription from Dr. Balefire Flare." She continued as she approached, the small bag floating alongside her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Captain Night Orb made his way through the castle halls, checking up on various posts and areas of interest, carefully taking in and scanning each place for abnormalities or kinks in defences before he headed back into his office and sat, filing out the appropriate paperwork.

The old worn down Stallion let out a sigh as he finished his paperwork and reports. "Moral is so low, Timmy" He looked down to the foot of his chair where his peaceful timberwolf slumbered, "It's never been this low buddy... what do i do..." He got up and walked towards the one large window within the library. The setting sun shone through like streaks of gold, lighting up where he stood, bathed in light. "almost night..."

The Captain scratched his beard before pacing around the room, mumbling ideas and solutions, when his eyes laid rest upon a small picture he had placed on a nearby cabinet. The picture was old and dusty from the lack of housekeeping, but captured the image of Night Orb and a handful of other guards in an old fashioned but ceremonial garb, alongside Princess Luna and Celestia. This was back when Night Orb hadn't lost his horn. The group were posed for a picture in the ballroom, with Gala decor and guests mingling in the background.

The seasoned Stallion instinctively gripped his amulet with his forehoof and smiled, still gazing at the picture, "heh... My first Gala... even if i was on duty." A warm smile grew across his face as he recalled the fond memories. Night Orb thought for a moment, "hm... that's an idea... yeah..." He darted back to his desk with new found vigour, scrambling various sheets, checking when everypony would be free and within the castle grounds. "Tomorrow looks like the best day for at least a month, it's short notice but it'll have to do."

The Captain got up and headed out of his chair and pulled the comms orb from his small saddlebag to his side, "time to spread the word..." Night Orb concentrated for a moment, the orb's colour shifting from blue, to green, to red and back to blue. "Alright, all calibrated... stealth mode is off, confirmation override successful... here we go." He adjusted his posture and cleared his throat before activating the orb,

"This is Captain Night Orb of the Royal Luna Guard, This message is to all off-duty personnel. Tomorrow at midnight in the Main hall we shall be holding a Midnight Lunar Ball, all are welcome. There will be rotary shifts on the perimeter so that everypony has a chance to enjoy the event, those who are currently on duty will be first in shift, the rest of you will be second and third shifts, split equally. The Music will be calm and mellow, so as not to provoke an attack from the undead, but in the event of an attack, you all know the drill. Spread the news to all personnel, civi' or not, this event is for all. Get to it ponies!"

16. Sharpster25

“Thank you Doctor” Nightwing said taking the bag out of the air.

“Before you go Miss Nightving, zere is one other zing” Roses voice fell a little, “On zee recommendazion of Doctor Flare, I haffe to zusbend you from duty until he zinks you're vell enough, I am zorry miss Nightving”

Nightwings face fell, “....If that's what he thinks is best, I won't argue, thank you anyway Doctor, I'll let you get back to work” Meds in hoof she turned about and left the medical wing.

'Cheer up, you've now got some free time at least' Dusk spoke up.

'Its not me I'm worried about, what if my guys get sent out before I'm reinstated? I won't be able to go with them' she answered in her head.

-----------------------------------------

Apple Corps was bored, still not having any orders and with the added worrying about Nightwing, she'd managed to somehow spend the entire afternoon pacing along the walls.

As she watched from atop the wall, the sun started to set and she caught herself thinking about Doctor Tenderheart, 'wonder when she gets off work?' she thought to herself, her cheeks turning a soft shade of pink as she smiled, 'ah what the heck, can't hurt to go say hello at least'.

With that she left the walls, quickly crossed the grounds and entered the castle through the main entrance. A few minutes later she found herself entering the Medical wing, a quick scan of the room and she spotted Rosaline facing the other way, she started towards her before stopping as she heard something in her saddlebags, stopping to root around inside them she pulled out her communications orb. Without any input from her it lit up in her hoof and the voice of Night Orb rang out from it, drawing the attention of everyone in the room:

"This is Captain Night Orb of the Royal Luna Guard, This message is to all off-duty personnel. Tomorrow at midnight in the Main hall we shall be holding a Midnight Lunar Ball, all are welcome. There will be rotary shifts on the perimeter so that everypony has a chance to enjoy the event, those who are currently on duty will be first in shift, the rest of you will be second and third shifts, split equally. The Music will be calm and mellow, so as not to provoke an attack from the undead, but in the event of an attack, you all know the drill. Spread the news to all personnel, civi' or not, this event is for all. Get to it ponies!"

The orb dimmed and after a few seconds the general murmur of excited voices started over the noise of the medical staff working, as she replaced the orb in her bag she looked up at locked eyes with Rosaline, she gulped nervously as she walked up to her, “Hey again, ay guess y'all heard that ….there?” Corps coughed and turned red as she realised she'd let her southern drawl show in her voice, “Well” she quickly continued, doing her best to disguise it again, “Since that's now happenin', ay ….erm, I was wonderin' ….would you like ta go to it with me?” she was staring at the floor, face bright red by the time she finished speaking.

17. Mista Squishy

A warm smile grew on Rose's face as she noticed corps had come to pay her a visit, her cheeks turned slightly red as Miss Corps approached her.

"...would you like ta go it with me?"

Rosaline's face reddened further hearing Corps' proposal, "I-I vould love to... zough... I uhh, I've never danced before." Tenderheart looked to the floor with embarrassment as she rubbed one forehoof with the other. "so... you'll have to show me." She giggled nervously.

Doctor tenderheart looked to the wall where one of the few functioning clocks in the castle hung. "i finish my shift in an hour, liebchen, if you'd like to spend some time teaching me tonight... I for vun vouldn't vant to embarrass ourselves infront of all zose people, heheh" She smiled anxiously as she pictured several embarrassing scenarios of the next day's dance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Night Orb was barking orders to some privates in the mess hall as they moved tables and chairs, "Push them all to the sides! we need a nice large space in the center of the hall, got a lotta ponies to fit in here tomorrow, step to it!" Orb sat down clutching the bandaged wound under his armour, still a bit too weak to be physically active once more.

"That's it, make sure they're still usable, people are going to need somewhere to sit after all!" The ponies responded with the usual "Sir, yes, Sir!" as they carried out the various orders and tasks, slowly turning the mess hall into a somewhat functional ball room like it once was, albeit a not so pretty ballroom anymore.

'We're almost there... better go check the roster and see who can perform, if we have anyone to perform that is.' Orb thought to himself before standing up again, "Carry on, when i get back i expect this room to be fully ready for the ball!... ugh and wipe that mess off the floor, Woolsworth!" He pointed towards a smudged sandwich that'd been squished into the floor. "stop eating on duty, ya pig!" he sighed and headed back into his office to review the various documents for all the recorded survivors.

18. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Lily gingerly descends down the staircase as quickly spots her mother, sitting in her recliner, facing away from her, smoking a cigarette. Tango follows behind her and watches at a safe distance. He watches like a hawk over Trisha, in anticipation of her doing something harmful to her daughter yet again. He makes sure that he is still high enough of the staircase, so that Trisha can't spot him. He displays a cold and solemn scowl at the mare who was torturing her child.

"You know you're absolutely bucking useless, right?", Trisha blurts out between puffs of her cigarette, plumes of smoke floating up towards the ceiling.

"Yes." Lily answers timidly, slowly putting her chin into her chest. She does a good job of hiding it, but Lily seems to feel the blows of the constant emotional and verbal abuse. The filly's tone is flat and dull. Every urge to display the slightest hint of emotion was beaten out of her long ago.

"Well, today's you're lucky day!" Trisha's tone now was disturbing. Her voice now rose and fell, and had an almost eerie sound of cheerfulness. She sounded like a cartoon version of herself. This was not the Trisha that Tango had become accustomed too. He didn't know what to make of this, and by the looks of things, neither did Lily. "Wanna know why? It's because today, I've finally found a perfect use for you! You'll no longer be my sad, pathetic, poor excuse of daughter anymore. You'll finally have a purpose." Lily takes a few steps backwards, utterly terrified. The filly's eyes grew wide, not liking her mother's sudden optimism. Tango didn't trust it either. Trisha took another drag off her cigarette. "It's the perfect purpose. It's the one thing you were always meant to be. All this time I thought you were useless, and I was wrong. Y'see, something happened to me a few days ago. I started to change. At first I tried to fight it, but the more I changed, the more I learned to like it. I slowly began to realize that this is what I wanted. Now that brings us to this moment." Trisha slowly spun around in her chair, and revealed a pair of bright red, vacant eyes. "My daughter, today you'll become mommy's first meal."

Trisha lunged at Lily. The filly was in shock, and couldn't move. She was soon tackled by her mother, and she began delivering heavy blows to Lily. Tango rushes down the stairs. He flicked his knife open and was able to jam his knife deep into the stem of Trisha's neck. She lets go of her daughter and she falls onto the living room carpet. Trish lets out a loud, gargling scream. "So, you wanna be a hero? Do ya, military brat?" Tango gets on his hind legs and lands several jabs on Trisha, but she doesn't back down. Trisha still has Tango's knife driven into her neck, so he resorts to using his hooves to fight her. Lily opens her eyes and begins to scurry away.

"Get upstairs!" Tango calls to Lily instructing her to safety.

"NO!" Lily defiantly shouts back, shaking her head. "No, I won't leave you!"

"LILY, GET UPSTAIRS!" Lily get halfway up the staircase and refuses to move. Tango doesn't have time to argue with her now. Trisha headbutts a distracted Tango, and was able to send him to the ground. Trisha gets on top of him and begins wailing on him. Tango is trying his best not to get any of Trisha's blood in his mouth or open wounds. It was now in close quarters with Trisha did he notice the foul, rotting smell coming off of her body. Eventually. he was able to reach behind her and he began twisting the knife that was already lodged in her neck. Trisha let out an ugly yelp, and jumped off of him. Tango quickly retreated and grabbed a small, wooden end table using his magic. Trisha attempts to bum rush him again. This time, Tango swings the table and lands a crushing blow to the head of Trisha, punctuated by a sickening crack. She hits the floor with a thud. Tango jumped at the chance and he quickly beheaded the mare.

He had no time to waste now. He quickly ran upstairs to collect his things. With all the racket, the was a only a short window of time now for the both of of them to leave safely. When he returned downstairs, he found Lily sitting right in front of the dead carcass of her mother. He got closer to see tears fill up in the wells of her eyes. He was at a loss of words. The filly began to silently sob to herself, but then came a sudden outburst.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!" Lily then began to viciously stomp on her mother's corpse with her forehooves unleashing an uninterrupted chorus of "I HATE YOU's" the whole time. This went on for several minutes. She trampled on her mother's body until she broke her bones and her hooves were covered in a thick layer of her blood. Tango lets Lily have this little moment, as years of emotions overflowed from the long suffering filly. He sat down beside her as she began to lose adrenaline. Tears pour from her face as Tango puts a hoof around her shoulder. He half-whispers a simple phrase.

"It's all over."

He rubs the filly's back as she slowly gets up. "We need to leave. We need to get out of here as soon as possible." Lily nods and she clings to him. They exit out of the back, and move towards greater Canterlot. As the two of them walk away they notice smoke, and then fire. Lily's old house likely catching flame from one of Trisha's cigarettes. Lily can't help but look back at her old home as it burns to the ground behind her. Suddenly, the filly gasps. Her eyes grow wide. She then lets out a frightening cry.

"NO! MY MARBLES!"
    Tango quickly shuffles through his backpack, pulling out a small velvet bag. Lily, who had already started crying, had to take a moment o collect herself as relief come over her. She pants loudly trying to calm herself down.

"Lily, there's no way I'd forget."

19. Sharpster25

Corps face turned even redder, if that was possible, but she managed to look up at Rose's face again “Heh, that's ok, I've, ah, never danced before either” she rubbed the back of her neck nervously, “so I guess I'll see you in an hour and we can go find somewhere to practice?”

“Zat sounds vonderful my liebchen“ Rose replied with a smile.

Corps smiled back, and in a moment of boldness most unlike her in this situation, quickly removed her helmet and snatched a peck on Roses cheek before scampering away giggling like a school filly.

------------------

Finding herself having nothing to do Nightwing resigned herself to her room for the afternoon, after removing her armour and hanging it up on the stand in the corner of her room she noted the lack of a helmet and cringed a little remembering how she lashed out at Corporal Roseate. As she flopped onto her bed she made another mental note to, at least try to, apologise to the Corporal the next time she saw her.

It wasn't long before her eyes drifted closed as she nodded off and she found herself, once again, sat in the same featureless white expanse as before.

“Is this gonna happen every time I sleep now?” she asked out loud.

Dusks voice came out of nowhere, “no idea ….wait, hold on, this feels different”

“What is it?” She asked out loud again, “where are you?”

“Ok ….um, so, you're not dreaming of your room are you?”

“….no.... why?” Nightwing said, concern creeping into her voice.

“thought not, this feels.... different.... especially this mechanical leg of yours, very odd”

“.....y....you're not.....” Nightwings mouth dropped open in shock.

“I think..... yes I am, mind if I take.... um, you for a test run?”

“Absolutely not!” She shouted, jumping to her hooves “you get out of my body this instant!”

“Yeah ….that wasn't a request, talk to you later” Dusks voice took on an almost smug tone as she spoke, after that no amount of shouting from Nightwing got any response.

#99 Sharpster25, 16 February 2018
    Last edited: 25 February 2018
  20. Mista Squishy

Rosaline's face grew red as she froze in place, surprised and caught off guard by Corps's sudden move. She stood there with an uncontrollable smile on her face as she blushed, watching Corps leave.

A couple of nurses got Rose's attention with their giggling as they watched from afar. Rose's face grew even redder if that were possible and her eyes widened in embarrasment as she turned and hastily headed back to work, avoiding eye contact from anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flare had made his way towards the upper floors of Canterlot Castle, after talking with Captain Dark Fire with his enquiry to talk to the Princess. He was redirected towards the Royal Canterlot Archives in search of someone who held more detailed knowledge on mysterious magics and effects that haunt or alter the mind.

This part of the Castle was higher up than most, ponies even before the outbreak would only occupy and travel through floors above and below this, almost as if people avoided it for an unspoken reason.

'The Royal Archives? I've never heard of that before, was it some secret higher up only knowledge before the outbreak?' Flare's memories echoed in his head as he looked around curious but cautious at the sight of built up dust and neglect from what seemed like years on the floor Dark Fire instructed him to go to.

'No...' The recent memory of his discussion kept going through his head as he closed in on two ancient colossal... wooden timber doors... no other doors in the castle were made of wood, Flare found this very strange, cocking a brow. '...Not really... well, you'll understand why it's so unknown once you get there... trust me.'

Flare squinted as he approached the door, which was held shut with two large beams of timber laid in two giant iron hooks that held them against the door. The door made a loud creaking noise echoing around the empty, soundless and massive hallway as the timbers rose up slowly before slamming down with a booming thud parallel to either side of the door. The Sound of the impact shook Flare's body and his head pounded from the volume and looked over after wincing to see the dust around these timbers was undisturbed, as if nothing happened. This drove Flare to be even more confused to which he didn't have much time to ponder on as the doors began to creak open slowly.

"Hello?" Flare called out as the doors parted revealing a dimly lit immense library filled with piles of book and 50ft high bookcases filled with books, some chained and closed, with intricate markings across the wood and others no more than a crudely made bookcase for functionality, giving the entire room a time capsule collection feel. some books seemed to have sand and ash across them, as if they'd come from the dragon lands or the southern equestrian deserts. Tomes and scrolls and charts and tablets a plenty fill and crowd this vast room with lost knowledge and information. 'Well if there was one book in the world that'd help me with this mystery... this looks like the place alright.' Flare thought to himself, glancing behind him.

"That... my boy would depend on what you seek." A Figure draped in a faded gradient purple robe and cloak spoke, sat in an armchair facing off to the side with a hovering tome in front of the individual, as the pony in question didn't take his eyes off the tome and kept reading, gradually turning pages.

"Wha-! how... who... where, but huh?" Flare was taken by surprise. Where moments ago Balefire Flare saw just piles of books and scrolls, a side-table, chair and elderly looking pony had just appeared before him, as if there the whole time. "Wait... i... i didn't say that aloud."

A sly smirk grew across the old man's face as he kept reading, still not facing Flare. "you were guided to me for council and direction on mind altering magics, no?" He continued before Flare could answer. "what sort of expert would i be if i could not utilise such magics." He cocked an eyebrow as he continued reading his book.

'Makes sense i suppose... hm... but what am i thinking now though eh?' Flare thought to himself as he scowled at the elderly pony awaiting his reply.

"It only works when you aren't expecting it or are guarding your thoughts, my boy." He spoke, flipping a page in the book. "A Naive mind is a malleable mind."

"then how do you know i was thinking that just then?" Flare cocked a brow with a smirk of his own.

"Do you know how many ponies have come here and done the same? it gets old after a while." He replied but his voice came from a different location, taking Flare by surprise. The Mysterious old pony was now to the right, lent on a nearby table as he used his magic to pour various liquids and fiddle with ingredients, powders and glass vials. "heheh... says the old pony" He giggled to himself.

"How di-" Flare tried to speak before being interrupted

"Illusions my dear colt, illusions." the old fellow interjected.

Flare's eyes narrowed as he grew more cautious than curious, "Wh-"

"I am Phantasmal Mirage, the Wise... but most call me 'Trick', I've grown to like it over the years." For the first time, the pony known as Trick, turned to face Flare and looked him in the eye. "And you are?"

"Don't you know already?" Flare smirked.

"Only those with a screw loose walk into a baffling room with only thoughts of their own name swimming around their noggin', silly stallion." Trick rolled his eyes.

"Good point... well... i'm Balefire Flare, leading psychologist and therapist for Canterlot and Ponyville, not that it means anything anymore."
    He shrugged in response.

"yes yes, sad times and what not. But what is it that brings you here, tell me why you seek such old powerful knowledge." Trick Hurried him along.

"How do you know what i seek is powerful?" Flare asks, slightly worried.

Trick sighs and face hoofs gently "Does this look like a local school library? hm? now stop wasting an old man's time with silly questions and get to it."

"right, sorry." Flare gathers his thoughts for a moment, "The recent outbreak has caused an unusual effect on one of my patients who claims to be hearing a dead companion in her mind but shows no signs of mental illness or any classic crazy symptoms. It's similar to one patient i had before who was affected by a lingering illusion spell who saw hallucinations of their parents randomly during the day, but again showed no sign of mental instability. I was hoping to find out what this issue is, whether it's magical and if i can cure it somehow."

Trick Stroked his beard as he thought, "Well it's magical that is for certain, your instincts are well founded, as for the cause i know not... especially if it was caused by some undead interaction." He paused mumbling to himself and stroking his goatee more.

"I will help you." He suddenly spoke from behind Flare now, to which Flare swung around to see him there again, this time with a pair of old glasses and more ruffled unkempt hair. "This is unknown knowledge to me and as the Archive keeper it is my duty to gather and contain highly powerful and unknown knowledge, tomes and research for safe keeping. Besides, your aims seem true and just, like that of a good individual."

"Can you stop... that, please." Flare sighed, rubbing his chest as he took a few breaths recovering from his sudden fright.

"My apologies, a frail old man has to protect himself some way or another, better safe than sorry eh?" He laughed a wheezy chuckled that ended in a light cough. "Well... take a seat and tell me more of this patient of yours and her claims. the more the better." He gestured towards a second armchair that wasn't there before, sat next to the Chair with Trick's illusion, which quickly dissipated into a puff of arcane smoke as the seemingly real Trick sat in it's place.