1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other OC in the Zombie Apocalypse!

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Pub Crawler, 17 September 2013.

1. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

One uneventful flight later Silent landed lightly in front of the guard house, it was a bit bigger than he expected, quite imposing really. He slowly walked in through the wrecked front gate and found himself in a small courtyard, it was a single U shaped building going around the courtyard with the entrance gate behind him, it looked like the town guard had made their last stand here, a hastily constructed barricade protected a doorway opposite the gate. The courtyard was littered with the bodies of the undead, most of which had arrow shafts and spears stuck in them.

Carefully, just in case any of the zonies weren't as dead as they looked, he made his way over to the barricade, it looked like it had been made in a huge rush, he saw tables, chairs, bedframes and countless other stuff. Hopping over it he saw the bodies of the town guard, their golden armour dented and splattered with blood, and several Luna guard as well, 'strange' he thought 'don't see many luna guard outside of Canterlot', there were even more zony bodies scattered amongst them. 'They put up a good fight' he thought as he slowly opened what seemed like the main entrance, and promptly ducked as a crossbow bolt sailed over his head,

“Gah, what the... !?” he looked back inside and saw at the end of a corridor leading straight ahead, was a lone Luna guard hastily trying to load another bolt into a crossbow.

“Wait, I'm not one of them!” he shouted down the corridor, the guard stopped loading her weapon and looked at him, 'Hmm, a mare' he thought, looking over her he noticed a few things, her eyes had slit pupils and her ears had long tufts of fur on the outer edge.

Suddenly she opened a pair of bat like wings and flew down the corridor at him, without any time to think Silent closed his eyes and braced for the impact ...which never came, instead he felt a pair of hooves wrap round his neck and heard crying, opening his eyes he saw she had him in a tight hug and was openly sobbing into his neck.

“You...someone found...me...thank you...” she sobbed.

Silent was dumbstruck for a moment, so he did the only thing he could think of, “Hey, hey don't worry” he said retuning the hug “I'm here”, for a few minutes he let her cry on him, she was a bat pony, her wings proved that, she had the typical dark grey coat of the bat pony race and her wings were dark purple. Her Luna guard armour was pretty beat up, covered in dents and scratches.

“Hey” he said gently pushing her away, she sat down in front of him, her face tear stained, Silent sat as well, “What's your name?” he asked.

“N..Nightwing” she answered “125th Luna guard bat pony regiment, Ponyville detachment” she sniffed and wiped her eyes.

“Ok, just your name would have been fine, I'm Silent Waters”

“I...I assume you didn't come here just to find me?” she asked, her eyes watering up again.

“No, but I'm happy I did” he said with a smile “I actually came here for the armoury and medical room, If you have one”

“Oh, sure” her eyes started to overflow again.

“whoa, wait, did you think I'd just leave you here on your own, no way” he stopped for a sec “I mean, you're welcome to come with me, I'm staying with a … friend, we have a safe-house in town”

Silent barely had time to think before he was glomped in another hug.

“Thankyothankyouthankyou, I've been here on my own for months” she let him out of the hug and stood up “I'll show you to the armoury, there's not much left, but you're welcome to take what you need”

Silent got up and followed her, 'I wonder what Dusk will have to say about this?' he thought.

2. AntlaPip

AntlaPip A Puzzled Pony

Skidding to a halt Puzzle stared the Pony in front of her, “eh eh uh...” she spluttered and focused on the writing on the pad he held up in front of her, Hello I’m Ursa, she read thinking to herself “Now I swear Zombies can’t write...”. Having not seen a taking pony in ages her initial feelings of mistrust evaporated straight away. A constant wringing in her ears caused her to cock her head and tap tapped them with her hooves causing a dribble of water to drip out from them. “Ohh” she said to herself “I guess I might have had a smidge of water blocking my ears...” Puzzle snickered . “Um, Hello my name is Puzzle P.I. Pieces but you can call me Puzzle for short” she blurted out of common courtesy “I’m sorry I mistook you for one of, well them....

Remembering what she said earlier Puzzle jabbered “Oh golly gosh! I don’t really eat ponies! I just thought that maybe you were one of them pony eaters so I was being clever and tried to trick you so that you thought as was one of them too, but you aren't so that was silly, anyway it’s not like you would try to kill anyone right? That’s what I thought!” she finished quite out of breath. “Phewee” she sighed “all that talking has left me a tad bit light headed” tapping her head as she giggled, not wanted to make her new potential friend worry. “So... uh where are you headed?”

3. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

Wandering into the kitchen, he began poking through cupboards whilst Eiro started doing something to her bow. Crawler was't sure where to go from here, he'd been so focused on finding the mysterious survivor over yonder that he hadn't really considered what to do when they met up.

We stick to the plan, the quest! To every watering hole in the land!
    But what about what she wants? She might be looking for family, friends. At the very least, doing something more worthwhile than going to every bar in Equestria!
    More worthwhile? Sacrilege!

Peeking out the door, he could see her binding some blades to her weapon. Clever, additional melee damage without loss of space. Ah, there's the beauty. At the back of one cupboard, hidden behind piping was a half full bottle of scotch. Older than he cared to admit to, it was delicious. It'd been stashed there to avoid being drunk by mistake, Crawler only took it out at special occasions. This day seemed to meet the criteria.

"Hey, I've got a fine drop from Vanhoover if you want..." He trailed off, seeing her sleeping. Moving softly, he fetched a single glass, poured a generous measure and replaced the container. After a moments thought, he dug around in a draw. I know I left round here somewhere. After a minute, he found what he'd been looking for. As quietly as he could, he walked back into living room. By Eiro's bow, he paused and placed the arrow he'd retrieved in the firing notch. It was only a novelty one, with a plunger instead of an arrow head, but it was the thought that counts. Maybe she could fix it up.

Placing his glass down, Crawler lifted one of the blankets off his bed and laid it lightly over his guest. He wanted to drag the wardrobe back in front of the window, but that might wake Eiro... He compromised by drawing the heavy curtains. Grabbing a book, he settled down in a chair and began reading. Every now and then he sipped at the glass by his side, savoring the flavors.

Today was a good day.

4. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Tango took a couple of deep breaths as the put the radio back in the saddlebag. He weighed the pros and cons of staying in Ponyville in his head 'Well, what could I possibly accomplish by heading to Vanhoover as planned? Like, the Royal Guard lady said, I was extremely fortunate to make it out of Baltimare, and to Ponyville alive. I'd be pressing my luck, if I continued. Even if I left, I'd risk infecting everypony else at home too. Staying here means I'm safe, but can I really stay here safely in Ponyville forever? Is it wise to put my faith in some ponies nopony's heard from in weeks? Is there really a cure in the works?'

Tango's thoughts were stopped short by the sound of his stomach growling. He hadn't eaten anything all day. Considering the circumstances, it'd look like he'd have to sacrifice one of his Military Meals for today. He shuffled through his saddlebag and pulled out a brown bag. The label on it was so worn, he couldn't read it. He also pulled out a paper and tin foil plate and set the food of top of it. Using the sun, the plate heated up, he bag shook and was starting to cook it's contents. He also got out some cherries he saved from yesterday morning.

He began to munch on the cherries, and the bag started making a popping noise. POP! POP! POP! The bag bounced along on top of the plate. "Popcorn." Tango muttered to himself. After the bag was done cooking, he took the cherries and popcorn to the edge of the roof and sat down. Popcorn and cherries was hardly a three course meal, but it was better than starving. Tango enjoyed his food as his back hooves dangled over the edge of the roof. Sundown was quickly approaching, and he still had so much left to do. He'd still hadn't found the water valve, and he had something planned for the remains of Thunderstuck. His thought refocused on his journey as a whole. 'I wonder what's to become of me' he asked himself.

#84 Rare80, 12 October 2013
    Last edited: 12 October 2013
  5. Bearpaw

Bearpaw Habitual Pony

A little taken back by the sudden outburst of speech it took a moment for Ursa to take in all she had said.
    " Your not one of them that's cause enough for me to be happy" He placed the pad back in his saddle bag.
    "Its ok still a bit shocked myself finding a survivor. I arrived here to stock up on a few supplies before heading back out to the Everfree forest. Umm listen Puzzle was it ? if you want we can find a safe corner. Are you hurt at all ? your more than welcome to some of the food I got. Though the only real appetizing thing I have is some apple sauce. Either way might be best if we laid low that was quite a crash you had there.
    He cast his gaze around ensuring nothing was creeping up on them both. Also looked over the empty houses all down the street most looked like they could be hastily blockaded for a short time. So long as there was only a few of those things they could possible be safe.
    "Pick a house your choice will make sure none of them uglies get withing a whisker of ya while you rest up ok And then you can tell us why your about here too"
    He smiled again in this dark time it seemed he had found a friend even though only just met he felt the urge to protect her come what may,

6. AntlaPip

AntlaPip A Puzzled Pony

“The Everfree forest?!” Puzzle gasped “don’t tell me you live there!” she paused for a second “That is so cool! Isn’t there like lots of beasties and things! It must be scary!” she shuddered melodramatically. She’d forgotten about the pain from her fall, and her fall from grace (from drinking what may have been sewage) she must have has some sort of adrenaline boost, but now all that took its toll. Puzzle winced stretching her wings “okay, I may be a tincey wincey bit hurt” making a small gesture by pinching with one of her wings, even finding that painful. “Oh don’t worry, I have my own foo-” she said pointing to her bags, wait where were her saddlebags “Eee! I left my saddlebags by the river on the outskirts of Ponyville” she said close to tears “But, I didn’t really have much besides crunchy sandwiches and water...” then, she came to the realisation “ARGH I didn't need to drink that pooey water and get sick!” she blurted out, “Ah I said that outloud...” she thought covering her mouth.

“Anyway!” Puzzle said, quickly changing the subject of the conversation “you’re right, we need to go somewhere, what about that house there?” she pointed towards a two story house which seemed in fairly good condition beside the odd broken window and smashed pots, she deliberately chose this one since it seemed to be fairly clean blood wise. She began limping towards it, walking had become much more painful after her fall, if only she hadn’t been so brash. Puzzle continued as she heard the hoofsteps of Ursa following her to the house.

7. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Dusk thought hard his next move, he wanted to avoid the centre of town for a while, at least until things had died down a bit. He hoped that that cream coated mare was alright. Giving a warning like that wasn't something he'd typically do, but after what happened to Lilac...
    He shook his head, trying to loosen those thoughts, it didn't work.
    'Best to ignore it.' He thought as walked.
    Dusk passed High School choosing to stick to the roads rather than risk entering the tree line that surrounded the school.

He decided to keep his mind busy and focus on the strange things he saw at the town hall. The windows that had broken from the outside in and the guards that had been fallen or pushed from the roof.
    'To me that indicates some sort of unrest, and not a undead one.'
    The thought of something like that troubled him, Ponyville was always a peaceful place. Dusk liked that, it's why he always accepted jobs away from Ponyville, that way work never followed him home.

Dusk looked to the sky, the scattered clouds had a pink and purple hue, it was going to get dark soon.
    "Looks like finding whoever fired that firework will have to wait till tomorrow." He said irritably, attempting to pick up the pace.
    'I hate working blind. If only I had even a few of my contacts....' He stopped that thought.
    "The cream pony! She might know something."
    Adding that onto his to do list, right under 'fix my saddle' and 'sleep', he continued his trot.
    'That makes for three survivors, discounting myself and Raging Water. Unless she set off the firework...'
    He stopped dead, in the distance he could make out the shell of Sugarcube corner. It looked like it had been gutted of all valuables and burned, it's once cheery exterior looked a gruesome charred black. It wasn't that that caused him to stop, in front of the ruined bakery stood three zonies, two earth ponys and a unicorn. They were staring straight at him, red eyes penetrating him. He braced himself to run, the guildhall was only a short distance away, and even with his injuries he should be able to out pace them.
    The two earth ponies began to rush him, the unicorn seemingly holding back.
    'Are they using tactics?' Thought Dusk as he ducked older the first zonies lunge and dived left to avoid a swiping hoof from the second. It was then he noticed the unicorn wasn't holding back, it was stuck or rather impaled on what had once been Sugarcube Corners mailbox.
    Seeing this he took his chance and galloped toward the burned out building, already extending his hook to give him some height advantage. That was when his injured leg buckled under him. By chance that was the moment the unicorn fired a bolt of ice where Dusks head would have been which struck the head of one of the earth zonies behind him. It's head now encased in ice, the zony toppled over, not dead but out of the way for now. The second had recovered from its previous lunge and was making its way slowly toward the now sprawled Dusk.
    He scrabbled to his feet and noticed one of the tins of food had fallen out of his saddle bag in the confusion.
    'Better than nothing.' He thought as he scooped it with his hook.
    From the glow of its horn Dusk could see the unicorn was about to launch another spell. He took a chance and ran forward, jumping in the air tin can in hand. He pierced the can on the horn of the unicorn as he fell and rolled when he hit the ground. He looked back to see boiling rice pudding fall out of the can and dribble down the Zony's face, he swore it looked angry.
    Dusk couldn't help but crack a smile as he ran, toward home.

He waited in the back room of Sofa and Quills. He had easily lost the other zony in the back alleys and had seemingly avoided the notice of any others.
    'The unicorn had been impaled.' He thought as he sat. 'If that's not Zina's handy work, I don't know what is.'
    Dusk laughed at this thought.
    "It seems that Zina's alive, well and, from the looks of it, extremely angry."

#87 Fridge, 12 October 2013
    Last edited: 12 October 2013
  8. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

By the time he finished eating, darkness as slowly swallowing up Equestria. Tango went thought his saddlebag again and he pulled out the khaki vest that he swiped from the cadaver earlier. He used his magic to rip a large chunk of the vest, and tie it around his right forehoof. He collected his saddlebag and it's all of his things, and then took the rope he had tied to the chimney, wrapping it around the same hoof. He then jumped over the edge of the house and started dissenting. Down, down down, he went. Kicking his backhoofs gently on the side of the house, until he reached the ground.

The streets were bare. There was no Zeta in sight. 'The idiot who sent off that flare yesterday...' Tango thought. 'He must've attracted every Zeta in Equestria. Well, if it's anything any living Equestrians are good for in this situation,... It's bait.' Then Tango looked over to the beheaded remains of Thunderstuck. Thunderstuck was Equestrian. Plus, a Royal Guard Officer. A Zeta no less, and he tried to help him! Maybe moving forward, he'd have to put old prejudices aside and work together with somepony. Then he remembered the last time he did that, he ran around in Hayseed Swamps with a group of nit-wits for two months. If it weren't for them, he'd probably wouldn't have accidentally infected himself, and he'd be home right now sitting in front of the TV eating a nice grilled cheese sandwich!

"I don't know what to think anymore!" Tango said loudly in a fit of rage. He stomped around the house and entered the back door. Jumped on the counter and got in the dumbwaiter and yanked the rope slowly pulling himself upward until he reached the second floor. It was pitch black out now, and Tango was glad to be safe. As the night continued on, Tango's mind began to wander. 'Do Equestrians really believe that their rulers raise the sun and moon everyday?' In school he learned that there was no way this was true. But, a story his great-grandma told him ringed in his head: The Machiza (Mah-chee-zah) Story of the Motherbird.

Since the Machiza tribe was largely made up of earth-ponies, they relied on a mythological creature called the Motherbird for the raising of the sun, and moon, also rain, and the changing of the seasons. The story goes that long ago there was a large bird. She was hundreds of feet long and had a one thousand feet wingspan. One day she laid an egg. The egg hatched, but the chick died shortly after birth. Devastated, the bird swirled around the eggshell, creating a dust-storm turning the eggshell hard like rock. Soon, the Machiza ponies made a settlement of a cliff inside the rock. The bird was first angry sending sandstorms, lightning, and even blotting out the sun. So, the Machiza ponies started to give offerings of pottery, jewels, crafts, cloth, incense, crops, and other valuable things. They even performed song and dance routines to try to quell the bird's anger.

The bird was touched. So touched the she allowed the ponies to stay, and she delivered this message: "For as long as you occupy this land and continue to bring me offerings of fine linen, sweet candles, shining jewels, and you continue to sing sweet song and cheerful dance; I will bring this land and your tribe great prosperity. I will give rain, sunlight, and wind to cool the hottest of days. You shall become a great nation. You shall call me 'Mother', and you shall be my children." From that day on the covenant with the Motherbird was set, and for thousands and thousands of years the Machiza ponies had great prosperity. The Motherbird protected them from sandstorms and drought, and the tribe continued their celebrations and offerings.

Then, a few hundred years ago, foreigners from the East came. They were filled with greed, and their hearts full of lust. To the east they had plenty of lush, fertile lands all to themselves; but this was not enough. They desired more, and they attempted to settle lands that belong to a rival tribe to the west. To acquire these lands, they provoked the rival tribe to go to war with they mighty Machiza; and the two tribes nearly wiped each-other out. When the two tribes were too few in number to fight back, the settlers seized the lands for themselves. They forced the Machiza to move back Eastward, thus, breaking the promise with the Motherbird. The land that the Machiza used to live is now a barren desert wasteland; prone to sandstorms, dust-devils, and very hot unforgiving days.

Many say that the Motherbird never existed, and she was just nothing more than superstition and folklore. Just another fairy tale a primitive culture used to explain why nature does things. They didn't use science... blah, blah, blah. When, his great-great-grandma was still alive she once told him that she had once seen the Motherbird when she was a little foal, and that was why she was blessed with such a long life. Tango himself has seen the cliff where the city of Anazuni used to be, and it does look like a broken eggshell. The lake under it, that used to supply the Machiza with water is now gone. And, the most startling fact of all, it hasn't rained there since the Machiza moved out. NOT. ONE. DROP!

Tango slowly paced over to the window. He placed his hoof on the air duct screen, shut his eyes and bowed his head. 'Motherbird, if you really do exist; and you're out there... one of your children is crying out to you. Protect me like you once protected my ancestors.' Tango then changed into his white shirt, and he took off his headband. He placed the two eagle feathers neatly on the windowsill. He got into bed, and quickly fell asleep.

#88 Rare80, 13 October 2013
    Last edited: 9 April 2014
  9. Fridge

He rummaged in his saddle bags looking for something to eat, his stomach had been growling for a while now. After a few moments he found one of the candy bars he had picked up earlier and pulled it out.
    "Blueberry, huh" He said after reading the label.

Dusk sat munching in silence, as he ate his thoughts drifted toward those he had lost. He sighed and walked over to the only window in the room, putting his hooves up on the sill and resting his weight.
    'Would the Equestria even need a organisation like Amethyst after this? Assuming we all survive, that is.'
    Amethyst had been more than just a flophouse for thieves, they had provided protection services to the elite, security systems, acted as Royal spies and a covert operations network. If the Princesses or the elite weren't around what would be the point?
    "You can't safeguard a nation that doesn't exist." He muttered to himself.
    His eyes were drawn to the sky.
    "So after the hunt for Zina, what next?"
    Dusk didn't like the idea of just living in Ponyville, attempting to scrounge a living and barely survive. He also wanted to know more of what happened in the town hall, something felt wrong.
    "I'll have to ask Silent if he's seen anything that might give a clue."
    Feeling frustrated Dusk walked away from the window and flopped back on one of the sofas in the back room.
    'I need to come up with a long term plan.'

#89 Fridge, 13 October 2013
    Last edited: 13 October 2013
  10. Bearpaw

Bearpaw Habitual Pony

"Dont worry we can look for your saddle bag later if you like" He called after her as he trotted on to catch up.
    "I do kind of live out in the Everfree I guess. Well now anyway seems safer out there even with the dangers. As long as you respect it you can get on ok. Just got to make yourself unappetizing and you get left alone" He chuckled at his own joke ok was a poor one but heck he wasn't a comedian.

Upon reaching the domicile Ursa quietly entered the doorway. Hurriedly he went from room to room checking for the undead. The house itself seemed long abandoned and gutted of useful items. At least there was a silver lining in the fact the rear of the house seemed to have been securely boarded. After the quick sweep and happy there where no obvious signs of Zonys, he turned his attention to securing the house. The front door was smashed but there was enough furniture left to make it relatively secure. The shadows are getting long nights creeping up fast he mused. He laid down his saddle bags and took out the edible if a little bitter mushrooms the jar of apple sauce and flask of spring water. He also took out a small pouch of herbs if nothing else they might help settle her stomach he though to himself.
    "Puzzle help yourself to this if you want. There is some herbs there take some and chew em. They dont taste nice in the slightest but might help you feel a little better. Im just going to try and board up the door way. There was a fireplace upstairs if you want to get a fire going. Never know the smoke might draw some other lucky survivor our way."

Ursa set about quickly using the small hammer and what little nails he could pry from the remnants of the furniture to hammer a makeshift blockade over the open door. It didn't take him long however he wasn't overly happy it would hold but not for long against more than one a few. He took one of the last two jars of sticky sap he had left and poured some of the contents along the floor inside of the doors front back and a little at the base of the stairs. If nothing else would slow down any intruders well ground based ones.
    "Puzzle I've placed a sticky traps at the doors window and the bottom of the stairs just be careful ok it really gunks you up if you get it on ya."
    He hoped shed tried some of the herbs and that she was feeling a little safer now maybe a little talking might help him too feel a bit happier. It was rare for him but he was feeling the need to talk to actually have someone else there. Being lonely before was by choice different when it was all you could have.
    "So why you here looking for somepony, sorry shouldn't be nosy just if you need any help. well two heads are better than one as they say and well always good to have a Pegasus eye view of things." He scratched the back of his neck with his hoof uncomfortably he was never that good at small talk. But Puzzle seemed nice and if nothing else looking after till she found whatever or who ever she was here for.

11. Sharpster25

Silent followed Nightwing to the end of the corridor where she stopped outside a heavy iron door,

“Here it is” she looked back at him with a smile “like I said, take what you like” she opened the door and stepped inside, he followed her in and looked around, weapon racks lined the walls and several armour stands took the centre of the room, most of the weapons were missing and there might have been enough armour left on the stands to make one set.

“There isn't much left is there?” He asked

Nightwing hung her head “M...Most of its outside in the courtyard” he eyes started watering,

'Oh Luna' Silent thought “Hey, hey its ok, you're alive and I'm here now” he pulled her into another hug “and I'll do my best to keep it that way”

She sniffed and wiped her eyes “Thank you” she muttered.

“Ok, now I hate to change the subject like this, but we're going to need weapons” he said walking back over to the few weapons he could see. He found a short sword that looked like it was designed for pegasus use, it was extremely light so it wouldn't weigh down a pony, he drew it from the scabbard and gave it a few test swings, satisfied he sheathed it and set it aside.

Looking around again he found a couple of crossbows, he put them with his sword,

“Hey Nightwing, where are the crossbow bolts?” he asked

She looked around “they should be in the ammunition locker over there” she answered pointing towards a tall cupboard.

“Thanks” he said, he pulled the door open and took a look inside, he took a small quiver from inside and filled it with all the bolts he could find, '19 bolts' he thought 'that'll do for now'. He put the quiver with the rest of his claimed weapons.

'now, how to carry them' he thought, he looked up and saw Nightwing hooking a second crossbow onto her belt. “hey, do you have a spare belt?”

“Umm, I think so let me check” she answered looking around.

“Thanks” he picked up one of his crossbows and looked it over, it was a simple design, easy to maintain, “hmm, actually” he held it up to his bracer, “yes, that might work, just need to find a way to make it shorter, hmm, and maybe some sort of folding mechanism for the arms, yes I could do that, I'll ask Dusk if there’s somewhere in the hall I can work”

“who are you talking too?”

He looked up, Nightwing was sat next to him, belt in hoof, “myself, just a habit I've picked up, before I came to Ponyville I hadn't seen anypony for about 3 months, being on your own for that long does things to a pony”. Silent took the belt and strapped it on, he then hung the sword on it, making sure it was within easy reach, then he hung the quiver and one of the crossbows on the other side, he stowed the last crossbow in his saddlebags.

“ok, umm, what else did you come here for?”

“Medical supplies, like bandages and such, and do you have a, umm, a cafeteria or something?”

“No problem, we have a medical room, and, we do have a mess hall, but ...” her face turned slightly pink, “I've kind of eaten everything”

Silent smiled “Ah, no worries, there’s other places we can find food, all I really expected from here was some weapons”

“Ok, if you're done here I’ll show you to the medical room” she started for the door,

“wait, aren't you taking anything else? All you've got is your crossbows”

She looked at her hooves “I've never been much good at using swords and stuff”

'Not what I'd expect from a soldier' Silent thought, he looked at his bracer's. “Can you at least throw a punch?”

“I suppose so, but what good would that do?” she said looking confused.

He looked at his bracer's again 'Hmm, I can make do with one for now', “Here” he took off one of his bracer's “put this on”.

“Erm, ok?” She slipped it on over her hoof “how does this help?”

“point it away from you and flick your hoof” He instructed.

“Erm, ok” she said again, she did what he said and jumped a bit in shock as the blade sprung out, “whoa” she smiled.

“Flick your hoof again to retract it” He said “you might find its a bit loose, If I get the chance I'll make one that fits you properly”

“Wow, umm thank you” she said “I'll show you to the medical room then”

Silent smiled as he followed her, he'd only meet Nightwing today, yet he already felt protective of her, in fact she strongly reminded him of somepony. After a few minutes she opened the door to the medical room.

“Here, I'm not sure how much is left, but take what you need”

“Thanks” He said “I only really need it at the moment for this” he pointed to his bandaged leg,

Nightwing gasped “what happened?”

“One of them unicorn things hit me with a spell” he said rooting through a cupboard “don't worry, it doesn't hurt much, just a bit tender”

She visibly relaxed “I'm glad”.

After about 15 minutes Silent had restocked his first aid kit, “ready to go?” he asked,

“yes, I can't wait to get out of here” she suddenly stiffened “wait, just remembered something, be right back” she dashed off leaving Silent looking a little confused, a few minutes later she returned carrying something in her mouth, she laid it in front of him “I can't forget this”

“what is it?” he asked

“I'm not sure really, all I was told is its some kind of powerful magical artefact, I'm not sure how it works though”

“what’s it doing here in Ponyville then?”

“I don’t know, one of the search party’s we sent out after those things took over the town bought it back, they said they found it in a cottage on the outskirts of town, near the everfree forest”

“Strange” he said as he examined it, it was a beautifully made golden necklace, with a flawless looking pink gem in the centre caved into the shape of a butterfly, he could almost feel the magical power it contained.

“Could you keep it in your saddlebags?” she asked “I dont trust myself with it”

“Erm, sure” he picked it up and stowed it in his saddlebags, “ready to go now?”

She smiled and nodded “Thank you, your one of the kindest ponies I've meet, even from before all this happened”

“Hey” he wrapped a hoof over her shoulders, “I wasn't just gonna leave you here was I, now lets go”

A few minutes later they were back outside, Silent looked up to see the sky was turning pink, “What?” he looked shocked “did this really take an entire day? Ugh, well cant help that, we'd better head back to the safehouse” he unfurled his wings “coming?”

She unfurled her own bat wings “lead the way”

He leapt into the sky and with a few beats of his wings he turned towards the north end of town, looking behind him he saw Nightwing keeping pace with him. After about 10 minutes Silent landed on the roof of the building opposite the Quills and Sofas shop, Nightwing landed a bit behind him.

“I assume we're here?” she asked

“Shhh, its best to be cautious” silent whispered, “we'll just wait for a few minutes here, keep an eye out for any movement” after a few minutes and seeing nothing he decided it was safe enough, “ok, keep close and keep quiet” he glided down onto the street, Nightwing right on his tail, and keeping an eye out he entered the shop hiding the guildhall.

Dusk wasn't in the front of the shop, 'He's probably in the back or upstairs' he thought, he pushed open the door to the back room and saw Dusk sitting on one of the sofas.

“Hey” Silent looked him over “what happened to you? You look a bit worse for wear”, he turned to Nightwing who had just walked in behind him “anyway, Nightwing meet Dusk” he turned back to Dusk who's expression had severely darkened, 'Well buck, what now?' He thought.

12. Pub Crawler

"And that lines me up for the black." Crawler smiled happily, leaning over the felt and looking down his cue. Black Gold, scowled at his remaing yellow ball and took a long mouthful from his glass. Around them sat ponies enjoying their Saturday night, music rang out from the jukebox, rugby on the orb and pints flowed over the bar counter. In the corner, Light Weight rolled over in his chair and let out a drunken snore. A group of mares tabled opposite him laughed friendily.

Ramming the cue home, the white cannoned across the table, slamming into the black. "And it's...bugger." He sighed as the black hit the edge of the pocket, rolling back towards the centre. "Clean it up Gold, I'm just off to see a alicorn about a dog." Walking away, he staggered slightly, that seventh round was starting to work its magic. Pushing the door open, he hoped that the smell of beer would linger in his nostrils long enough to cover the unpleasant smell coming from the lavatory.

Suitably relieved, he returned to the lounge area. "Fish a few bits from Weight's pocket, he owes us..." Crawler's voice trailed off. The pub was completely empty. Looking around, he saw that everyponies glass had vanished as well. The jukebox was still running an Alice Hoofer record, but the orb was just showing static. He laughed, strolling towards the open garden doors. "That's a good one. Who's..." He stopped talking competely this time. The garden was deserted, and not one hoofprint said anypony had been out there this evening. More over, the street beyond should have bustling with night life. It was silent as the moon.

Feeling a little uneasy, he went back in. Ah, there was figure at the end of the bar. Trotting up to him, Crawler recognised the thin face of Short Change, the owner, and his once employer. He just stood there behind the counter, idly cleaning a glass. As he got closer, he saw a long cut running down the stallion's side, an ugly red line. "That's one heck of a birth mark, who'd you wind up this time?"

Short Change turned to face him slowly, staring blankly as if just noticing where he was. Funny, never knew he had red eyes. New lenses? Time seemed to slow as Change leapted over the bar. Before he knew what was happening, he'd been knocked to the floor, crying out in pain as he was bitten in the shoulder. A muffled cry of triumph vibrated through his torso. By the sisters! He could feel all 40 odd teeth tearing through him, any minute now they would come together.

Crawler woke with a start, a cold sweat running down his back. Looking about, he saw the candle burning low and Eiro still napping. When had he drifted off? Stretching, he got up and peeked out the curtains. It was getting dark already. He'd have to move the wardobe now, no way he spending the night with that window unblocked. But first he went to the kitchen. Ten minutes later he had two plates of aldente hay with a little tinned spinach on the side knocked up. Filling a water jug, he added some powered orange juice and stirred vigoursly.

Laying the feast out in the living room, he tried to levitate the warbode into place. As he feared, hunger had sapped some strength from him. One corner sagged and scraped the floor boards. Eiro rolled over and looked about sleepily.

"Sorry about that sleepy head. Got some dinner made if you're hungry..." He gestured to the plates. Sitting down himself, he continued. "So I meant to ask, what brings you to this formerly one horse town?"

#92 Pub Crawler, 16 October 2013
    Last edited: 18 October 2013
  13. Fridge

Dusk looking past Silent at this 'Nightwing'.
    'A batpony. Great, just great. How long until this one tries to kill me I wonder?'
    "I expect he told you about somewhere safe to stay?" He rose from the sofa, his eyes boring holes into hers.
    "Fine. But understand this, I don't like or trust you nor any of your kind. I wouldn't wish the death you'd receive out there on anyone."
    Dusk looked to Silent.
    "This time it's her head that gets covered, I don't want her to have any idea of how to get in."
    Taking off his cloak Dusk threw it at Nightwing's face.
    "Use this."
    He strode outside to the location of the entrance.
    "Silent, this time I'll only ask you to cover your eyes. You've proven I can trust you at least a little.... Even if you do bring home strays." He shot a baleful glance at Nightwing, her head covered with his cloak.
    Dusk pushed in the sequence and once the door was open shouted a warning to Raging Water.
    "Knowing him he'll be glad to see the damned creature." Dusk muttered as they descended.

14. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

stirring from her sleep she looked about seeing Crawler moving a wardrobe infront of the window before focusing on the questions rubbing her eyes she st up yawning slightly, before hearing her stomach rubble slightly answering the first question and also causing her to blush in embarrassment 'no hiding that it seems' she thought to herself before thinking about how to answer the second "well i live in this town" she started before looking to the floor "and i guess i just want to help anypony i can" she finished looking to her bow spotting the novelty arrow by it made her smile a little.

15. AntlaPip

AntlaPip A Puzzled Pony

As they approached the house Puzzle let Ursa slip past her and through the door, she stood in the doorway for a while watching the stallion creep through the home, knowing that she was clumsy enough to announce to any of the undead that may be lurking in the building that they were there. Puzzle took seeing Ursa look pleased as the go ahead for her to come inside. After being offered the herbs Puzzle chirped “Thanks, I’m sure they’re not that bad” as she swooped a handful up with her hoof and shoved them in her mouth, “Bleuuurgh these are gross” she thought to herself sticking out her tongue as the stallion had his back to her in an attempt to shake some of the leaves out of her mouth. As he turned back to talk to her she stuffed her tongue back into her mouth “okie dokie you do your thing, I’ll go and get this here fire going!” she said, “c’mon Puzzle you can be useful!”.

Puzzle trotted up the stairs to face the mammoth task at hand “okay, maybe this won’t be as easy as I thought” she glanced around and noticed that there were no matches by the fireplace, there was some old charred coal and a poker lying in the large fireplace, nothing else. Puzzle cocked her head as she heard Ursa explain how he had booby trapped the house “Alrighty, I’ll keep an eye out” she called down the stairs. Puzzle plonked on the floor feeling slightly light headed “so fire” she whispered “I know you don’t wanna play ball, but I’m here to convince you otherwise!” Puzzle got to her hooves and walked over to one of the windows that faced a dead tree. She opened the window and reached out grabbing a few leaves from its branches, she then proceeded to sprinkle the dead foliage into the fireplace. “Now that the fire trap is baited, all I have to do is wait” Puzzle ran to the opposite end of the room and huddled in a corner. “C’mon fire!” she thought to herself “It’s only a matter of time till you are seduced into setting alight my almighty bed of leaves!”

After waiting five minutes Puzzle solemnly trotted down the stairs to break the news to Ursa, oh he would be so devastated! She gulped as Ursa began to ask about why she was even in Ponyville “Well, um I’m not really looking for anyone here, in fact I was hoping to head to Canterlot but accidentally ran into Ponyville” she stammered “But, I don’t really want to go there anymore, since I’m guessing it’ll be just like here, I’ve kinda been a bit of a shut in since the outbreak so I didn’t really know what to expect when I left my home”. That’s right, what was she going to do now, all she had really thought about doing was going to Canterlot, if anything she really wanted to head to Fillydelphia since that’s where he family would be, well might be, well they might not even be ponies anymore. Puzzle sniffed, “by the way, the fire won’t work, I tried my best but the fire won’t come, I gave it leaves and was super duper really quite so I didn’t scare it away, but it still didn’t come” she blurted out "if I was a unicorn I could just do the zappity zoop, but I'm not, so no one will see the fire, and I don't know what to dooo"

16. Bearpaw

Bearpaw Habitual Pony

Ursa looked a little puzzled at her statement about the fire.
    " Hmm wouldn't come eh hehe it can be fussy sometimes. Here I think I have hmm "
    His voice trailed off as he stuck his nose in to his saddle bag.
    " Ahah here we go a little something to encourage her to show up. Just strike this little piece of steel against against the flint point it at the leaves, like this".
    He pulled the steel down sharply and a huge flash of sparks flared from its surface, before sputtering out on to the cold floor. He smiled and handed it over to Puzzle.
    "There you go Puzzle give it a go and see if that gets the fire going. "
    He sank back a moment feeling tired the long day had finally started to tug at his muscles sapping his strength. However someone needed to keep watch.
    "Hey Puzzle If you need to rest feel free, heck if you need anything just say will try and do for you. "
    He carefully trotted up the stairs after little rummaging around he found a few blankets and pillows he left them in the room for Puzzle. He headed over to the open window and looked out over the street in the far distance he could see moment of a lone Zony shuffling about. He settled back watching for anything that might cause concern.

17. Fridge

As soon as they entered the hall Dusk removed his cloak from Nightwings head and separated from the pair, leaving Raging Water to take care of them.
    Crossing the hall he entered the last door on the left side of the room, this lead into Craftworks workshop.
    In the centre of the room stood the workbench, Dusk had seen his dad spend many an hour here. He trotted to the table, took off his saddle and lay it on the table.
    'Now what?' He thought looking around the room.
    In the left corner of the room was the forge, many of the tools that the guild used were designed and created here. In the past the work would have been given to a trusted blacksmith but after some recent events with the guild it was considered too risky. Beside the forge was a empty rack for finished items and the materials cupboard.
    A desk with papers scattered across it caught Dusks eye. He walked to it and began to scan the paperwork. 'Perhaps I can find the design.' He thought as he scanned the desk. Nothing caught his eye, he looked up at the wall, it too had a few designs for various tools, there were little notes in the margins that Dusk squinted to read. He looked away, his eyes hurting, and noticed something new.
    "Since when was dad into alchemy?" He said to himself as he walked to the corner desk.
    There was all manner of glassware that Dusk couldn't hope to identify, he looked at the desk and saw a draw marked 'reagents'. Being curious he opened it to find it full of dried plants each bundled up with string that's had a tag on it. Sighing disappointedly he closed the draw.
    "I don't think I'm going to be able to repair the saddle." He said sadly.
    He started to walk out of the room passing the tool cupboard and a large chalkboard when he stopped. Drawn on the chalkboard, amongst all the calculations and drawings he didn't understand, was a rough map. He studied it for a while, it looked like part of Canterlot. He spotted a small note written next to it, that wasn't his dad's writing.
    "Oh, by the Two..." He hit his head lightly with his hoof.

A few minutes later Dusk entered the main hall, walked to a table near the fire and sat.
    "We need to talk." He said looking at Silent and Nightwing.

#97 Fridge, 19 October 2013
    Last edited: 19 October 2013
  18. Pub Crawler

Spearing a piece of spinnach, Crawler lifted it a little stiffly to his mouth and chewed slowly. Normally if he'd been this hungry, the meal, the plate and a large chunk of the table would be slidding down his gullet by now. But in company, manners came to the fore. Sipping the juice, his face struggled to stay composed. Like the rehydrated milk he had left, the instant orange was awfull stuff. A chemically fruity smell wafted from the glass.

"Where abouts did you live? Can't say I remember seeing you, but then, with everythings that's been going on lately, I daresay we've both had more important things to think about." Leaning back in his chair, Crawler waved at the vast map up on the wall. "That's what I've been doing this last half year. When everything fell apart, I fell back on what I knew. So I decided to visit every pub in the land and have a drink there. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I thought I was one of the only ones left. Even if they did find a cure, what place would I fill in the new world?"

The low burning candle spluttered, little flecks of wax falling onto the tabletop. Pulling a fresh one out of a box, He lit it off the dying breath of the old one and continued. "I was planning to journey out Baltimare way when I spotted unusaul movement in town. Your good self. I might still go, but..." He paused to chew. "Then theres the rumours. I heard word before things got really bad that the Crystal Empire was safe. Something about that cursed frozen area around it. They said that zonies couldn't cross it, just got stuck in the snow till they froze solid...I don't know, what do you think?"

19. Fridge

"We need a plan, I'm not content to scrounge a life here. Also something bothers me about Ponyville. Something's off, and I don't mean the deaders. Then there's also our new 'friend' here..." Dusk shot a cold glance at Nightwing.
    "I've noticed some strange things while I've been out. Have you noticed that the buildings in the south of town are in near perfect condition? Externally at least. And I saw the bodies of guards that were untouched by the Zonies around the town hall. Something's off."
    Dusk leaned his forelegs on the table, and touched his chin with his hooves.
    "With that in mind I'm thinking we should search for whoever set off that firework, perhaps they may know something of what happened around here. Once we know that perhaps we can come up with some kind of plan."
    He looked to Nightwing.
    "As for you..." Dusk said as he stood up.
    "As I said earlier I don't trust you. But I would never be forgiven if I left you out there. As such, you can stay here. Put a foot wrong though and I will feed you to the deaders myself. Your kind has already cost me dearly."
    He looked back at Silent his expression softening.
    "I've been thinking perhaps I should extend some trust to you. You're welcome here, and are welcome to make use of whatever you find here."

20. Sharpster25

Keeping to his name, Silent had kept quiet until now, he knew he'd probably overstepped his bounds as a guest here by bringing Nightwing back, but he hadn't expected Dusk to treat her so ...coldly, he'd ask Dusk about that later.

“I agree that we need a plan, but I've still got my own reason for being here, and that’s personal” he sighed “but, once I've seen to that...” He shrugged.

Nightwing spoke up “Those guards you saw, they were probably one of the search and rescue teams we sent out from the guard house” she paused “Not many of them came back, then we got overrun a few days after that” she hung her head.

“Ok” he turned back to Dusk “and yes, now that you mention it, I did notice the buildings” Silent rooted through his bags and bought out the necklace Nightwing gave him “as for any other weird stuff, this was at the guard house” he laid it out on the table, the pink butterfly gem glowed slightly in the dim light of the hall “what do you make of it?” he asked.