1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other OC in the Zombie Apocalypse!

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Pub Crawler, 17 September 2013.

1. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Dusk looked at the gem, it was beautiful, the kind of thing that Dusk would have made a personal request to steal. He reached to pick it up and noticed the closer his hoof was to it the dimmer the gems glow became.
    "I have no idea, there's likely something in the library about it." He said pulling his hoof back and bringing his head in for a closer look. "It looks valuable though, and the workmanship is strange."
    He brought his head up to look at Silent.
    "I'm assuming that she wasn't who you were after then?" Dusk asked, waving a hoof toward Nightwing.
    'Great a stray for nothing' He thought.
    "In that case I'll look for our mystery pyro, while you do your thing." He said, as he started to walk toward the kitchen.
    Dusk paused and looked around to Silent.
    "But if you need a hoof let me know. Later I'll show you the entry pattern. Now excuse me, but I'm hungry."

He entered the kitchen to see Raging Water working over the stove.
    'Thank Celestia for that, I hate cooking.'
    Raging Waters back was turned to him, and he hadn't noticed Dusk come in. Dusk sniffed then air, it had a sharp tinge to it and a hint of mushroom. Dusk crept behind him and looked over his shoulder. It was now that he could hear the buffalo humming, Dusk didn't recognise the tune though. He looked at the sizzling pan.
    'Fried mushrooms huh?' He thought as he twisted his hoof to extend his lockpick.
    He tapped Raging Water on the left shoulder and darted right as the buffalo turned, spiking a mushroom with his lockpick as he passed. He quickly gripped the mushroom between his teeth, retracted the lockpick and extended the hook. Raging Water, looking confused, was turning right. Dusk jumped and hooked onto an exposed rafter above and swung himself out of sight. The buffalo looked left again and shrugged, Dusk tittered to himself and positioned himself to steal another.

#101 Fridge, 24 October 2013
    Last edited: 24 October 2013
  2. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

"the crystal empire" Eiro thought as she mumbled to herself 'it certainly made a bit of sense why it would be safe' she thought knowing from experience how cold those icy plains can be but the thought of sitting in one place like that bothered her "i dont know, i mean that weather certainly makes for some tricky traveling even more so for the zonies, but if they adapted to the temperatures" she said wandering if she was just worrying over the unlikely before looking to the floor letting out a sigh "maybe im just over reacting" she finished.

3. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

"Over reacting, is something I don't think exists anymore." Crawler said softly. "It would be at least a month's journey to get there, with the last week freezing our horseshoes off. I'd like to say that perhaps we could get one of the trains running again, but even if we could, I imagine we'd be stopping every half mile to clear the tracks. You make a good point about the zonies, wouldn't fancy tackling one up to my fetlocks in thick snow."

Plate cleared, he took it out to the kitchen. A quick gargle of water removed the lingering taste of orange. Returning to the comfy chair, Crawler idly thumbed through his book, trying to find where he'd been before falling asleep. "I'd like to go into the town tomorrow, see about restocking some supplies. And from there, maybe take a trip to another city..." He spoke quietly, more to himself. The idea of keeping all his thoughts in his skull had faded over the solitary months, it would take sometime before he fully restored it.

As he considered the next move, something occurred to him. Reaching for his saddlebag, he fished out a yellowing envelope. "Eiro," He gulped, suddenly wishing he'd gotten a full glass of water. He hated asking things of other ponies, and this was especially hard. "I want to ask a favor of you. I know that we've only meet today, but this is important, at least to me."

The envelope bore the words "To whom find this" on one side, and a cracked wax seal on the other. Crawler fished out the parchment within and set it on the table. It was a letter of some kind, with a small photograph clipped to it. A smiling eggshell white stallion looked up at them.

"I found this in Applewood. The house was deserted, but had some good eats in it. I want to ask, that even if we go our separate ways after today, if you ever find me as, one of them...Then please, put me out of that misery, and if I haven't managed to, deliver this." A lump had formed in his throat. Without another word, he went back into the other room and put the kettle on.

By the gently flickering candlelight, hoof written words could be read.

"To whoever finds this.

We may never have meet, and I doubt you know me. My name is Silver Spirit, a would be actor. I left my home in Horseshoe Bay as soon as I could afford the fare out to Applewood. And in these dark hours, I regret that more than ever. I thought I was the greatest gift film would ever receive, and that my family were holding me back. While I did get a few small parts, and made enough bits to stay alive, they were largely right.

This town has fallen under Discord's curse, and even as I write this, I can hear the dead walking outside. I am going to try and get back home, but leave this record in case I fail. Whoever you are, I ask that you deliver it in my stead. In the bay, there is a white cottage with a dark green roof. Look for Sea Calmer.

Mother, I am sorry for the sadness I caused you, fighting with dad. To dad, I still don't believe that a life on the water was the right path for me, but then seeking my fame on the big screen wasn't the right path either. And to little Foam Surge, I am sorry I didn't get to see you grow up. I'm sure you bloomed into a beautiful mare and made somepony feel very special.

Know that I love you all very much, and hope to tell you all this in person. Failing that, I hope that you can forgive my follies and give a nights shelter to whomever brings this to you.

Till we meet again.

Silver Spirit."

4. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

As Dusk left the two of them and entered the kitchen Silent placed the necklace back in his saddlebags.

He turned to Nightwing “Well, that went better than expected” he said with a slight smile.

She looked downtrodden “What'd he mean that my kind has cost him dearly?”

“I don’t know for sure, but I have an idea, I'll ask him about it later” He stood up “Now what do you say I show you around?”

Nightwing smiled a little “Yes please” she looked around “What is this place anyway?”

“Not sure, I think Dusk called it the 'Amethyst Headquarters', I'll have to ask him about that as well”

Silent then gave her his tour of the hall ...which only lasted about 2 minutes considering he'd only seen a few of the rooms himself and knew next to nothing about it, instead he spent the time telling her what he thought about the place, and the other two occupants.

“..and that about sums up what I think this place is” he said closing the door to the dorm room.

“You think this is some kind of thieves ...guild?” she asked,

“From what I've seen it makes the most sense” He turned towards a door to his right, in the corner “now, lets see what’s behind here” He walked over to it, Nightwing in tow, and opened it.

'Wait, is this, it can't be, It is!' “A workshop! *Squee*” he clamped his hooves over his mouth 'oh Luna, did I really make that noise?' he thought, he turned to see Nightwing giggling at him.

“Excited are we?” she asked trying to stifle her giggling,

“Ah ...yeah, um anyway” he took a look around, there was a forge in the left corner, with what seemed like a weapons rack next to it and next to that a cupboard, he opened it, 'wow, plenty of crafting materials' he thought as he closed it. Turning round he saw a saddle on a workbench in the centre of the room, “this is Dusks saddle” he said picking it up “what in luna's name did he do it?” It was in pretty bad shape.

“Are you talking to yourself again?”

“Ah yes, sorry, what do you make of this?” he said as he held it up.

“Its a saddle, and ...it has wings?”

“yes, looks like he wrecked it though” he put it back down and spread the 'wings' out, stepping back to look it over, he said “I can probably fix this, though the design is ...complex, having the original plans for it would help” he looked around and saw a desk in the corner, 'They've probably got them there' he thought. With that he pulled off his bracer and the crossbow he'd hung on his belt and laid them on the workbench, looking up he noted the state of Nightwings armour, “If you're going to keep wearing your armour at least let me fix it up, its almost falling off”

“Erm ...ok if you're sure, thanks” she took off her helmet and gave her head a quick shake, her dark purple mane fell, rather nicely, over one side of her face. Silent caught himself staring and quickly looked away.

'No, bad Silent' He thought as he tried to distract himself looking over Dusks saddle, a few minutes later Nightwing placed her armour next to the workbench.

“Are you sure you can do all this?” She asked looking over everything.

“I think so” Silent said as he took off his hoodie, saddlebags and belt and stowed them in the corner. “Now I hope you don’t mind but I work better ...on my own” he said, suddenly feeling a bit awkward.

“Ah um, no …no that’s ok, I'll wait outside” And with that she opened the door and left Silent alone.

“Ugh” He muttered, he took his tool kit out of his saddlebags and laid it out on the bench, looking over it all he smiled, he'd missed this.

5. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

The sound of river water gently lapping at the shoreline was still highly audible from the hussle-and-bustle of the normal city sound that fill the air on a thick humid summer night. Seagulls were cawing in the distance and a foghorn on a ship basted loudly, but not loud enough to startle any passerby. Ship bells rang out with a rhythmic 'ting-ting! ting-ting!' and some pony yelled out "Ship leaving port!". The sun was creeping down over the towering high rises in the distance. Right now, they looked almost like one single black endless structure, a mass that outlined the city's skyline. If buildings could talk, these ones would say: 'Seperate, yet united'. As the the sun continued to set, the sky was filled with pinks, oranges, and blues. The scene as a whole was a majestic display of nature and hoofwork that collided to make one breathtaking scene. To outsiders, this was a treat to the eye that held nearly indescribable beauty. To those living in Riversdale, it was merely called 'Home".

Tango sat on a park bench at Riverside Park facing the river. It was an unusually calm day in Riversdale, the wind was barely enough to put a wrinkle in Tango's uniform. Nearby Lakeshore is tagged by ponies as "The Windy City". But it's Riversdale, not Lakeshore that has the highest annual wind speeds in the whole country. Tonight however, the air was nearly still which made the day all the more enjoyable.

The peaceful scene was halted suddenly by the sound of a familiar voice from behind him. "Whachadoin'?" his friend Risky blurted loudly into his ear. Risky walked around the park bench with his trademark grin on his face. "There's someone I haven't seen in a while! You also managed to stay in one piece!" Risky took a quick glance down at Tango's titanium leg. "Well, all the pieces you left with anyway!" Tango can put up with Risky's teasing today, it had been so long since he'd seen him that the remark didn't resonate like it should have. "So... uh... Peg-leg, how's the feel?"

"I'm feeling fine." Tango answered back. "And, you're your usual bubbly-self today!" Risky joined Tango on the bench. Watching the ships roll in and out as the sun went down.

"The others said they'd be here soon, they're all hyped up about seeing you. We all thought you were a goner."

"I'd rather not talk about that now, I just want to have a normal night with the gang."

"Sure thing, Champ!" Risky patted his hoof on Tango's back.

A few minutes later he heard a car approach, hooves hitting the concrete floor. A lazy "Hey there, you..." came from behind him. He turned to see his best friend Maria walk up to him and sit next to him. Maria nodded at him, which meant 'Hello.' in Maria-language. Tango nodded back and then continued to watch the river.

Soon, there was the sound of talking and laughter. Tango almost jumped at the feel of an embrace from behind. "TANGO!!!" a female voice cried out. "YOU'RE ALIVE! We were all sooooo worried!" The voice was Mimi's. The kind-hearted ball of energy had tears in her eyes as she held him. Also, Romero appeard before him he gave him a brohoof, but then Romero brought him in for a hug. The embrace was longer than expected, and before Tango knew it, he was in the middle of a group hug.

"We all missed ya." Maria said, showing some rare affection.

The hug ended and things returned to a bit like normal. "Well, the gangs all here!" Risky said enthusiastically.

"Wait a minute, where's Jamaal?" Tango asked, thinking of the wise-cracking half-zebra.

"He went down south to visit family, you know how it goes." Romero answered.

"Oh yeah, that's right..." Mimi followed.

"I was wondering why it was so quiet!" Risky said, cracking another joke.

After a long pause Tango put his head down and spoke. "That's okay. I'd rather talk to him alone anyway. I have a lot of making up to do. There was so many words I shouldn't have said, things I shouldn't have done."

"Let's try not to think about that now. You're here, and that's all that matters." Risky said, putting his arm around him. "Hey, I heard on the streets that Freddy's Truck is gonna be early tonight! Risky once again flashing a big smile as he spoke. Freddy's Truck. Tango thought. The mere mention of the words made his mouth water. The smell of it alone was bliss. The combination of spicy ingredients, expert culinary skills, a deep fat fryer, and a whole lot of grease made his food irresistible. You know you shouldn't eat it, but can't help yourself. The food nearly possessing you until all that remained was an empty plate, an empty wallet, and a full stomach.

A few minutes later there she was, in all her glory. Parked in a vacant parking lot just a few feet away. A small tin roof popped out of the side and the metal shutter opened revealing an ordering window. Freddy stuck his head out of the window and waived. The gang went up to met him. The gang let Tango cut in line. Well, all except Maria. Freddy told Tango. "Anything you order is on the house tonight." Tango stood puzzled for a while, unsure of what to get. It's been so long. He eventually settled on a medium bean and rice burrito.

In a few minutes there it was, dripping in fat, lovably fried. Food so bad, it's good. The aroma alone was to kill for. You know you shouldn't eat it, it epitomized the phrase 'junk food'. But, if you got into a resistance battle with Freddy's food, you'll always lose. The burrito itself was also a little bigger that he expected. "This is a medium?" Tango asked. Freddy responded with a smile and a wink.

Tango walked slowly back to the bench, starting at the greasy behemoth before him. "What's wrong..." Risky asked. "not hungry?"

"Oh, I'm hungry, more hungry than I've ever been in my whole life. The problem is that I've been living off of small portions for so long, that eating something this big so soon will give me a stomachache."

"Don't worry about it." Romero chimed in. "If you can't finish it, I will."

It didn't take long for the scent of Freddy's Truck to attact everypony in the area, and the once calm park was packed with all kinds of ponies. That really didn't matter to Tango. He was with his friends and that's all that counts.

"You ain't touched your burrito, yet." Risky interrupted before popping a spicy baked potato wedge In his mouth. "Eat it, or I will!"

"EAT IT! EAT IT! EAT IT!" Maria chanted, and soon the whole group joined in. Tango used his magic to lift the greasy morsel up to his mouth. The closed his eyes to take a bite. When he opened his eyes, he saw a very unwelcoming sight.

It was a dimly lit roof. The sound of a lone Zeta groaning outside made him fully aware of where he really was. He was not in Riverside Park by the docks in Riversdale, surrounded my friends. He was on a bed, stuck in a safe house in Ponyville, by himself. Lying on his back limbs strewn about. He reflected hard on his dream.

"I'm so alone."

#105 Rare80, 8 November 2013
    Last edited: 12 November 2013
  6. Fridge

There was a loud crash behind Dusk as he bolted out of the kitchen closely followed by an annoyed looking buffalo. He was giggled with glee as hopped onto a table and jumped from one to another as the buffalo moved to intercept him.
    "Stay still you little thief!"
    "Mar oo chruhy?" Said Dusk, a mushroom still hanging from his mouth.
    Raging Water stopped and looked confused.
    "What?"
    Dusk swallowed the mushroom messily.
    "I said 'Are you crazy?' Because there is no way I'm staying still for you." With that Dusk jumped up and used his hook to lever himself onto the rafters above.
    Raging Water let out a irritated snort.
    "You're fortunate I like you." He said stomping off back to the kitchen.
    Dusk watched him leave from the safety of the rafters.
    "I know." He said quietly.

7. Sharpster25

Silent had just managed to get the casing off the back of his bracer when a crash from the hall surprised him enough to lose his grip on the bracer and sent it off the edge of the workbench, it hit the floor with a smash, sending much of the blades inner mechanism scattering across the floor.

“Oh for the love of...” he threw down his tools and stormed towards the hall, almost hitting Nightwing with the door as he barged through, “What in the name of Luna was that, I'm trying to work here!” He said angrily.

8. AntlaPip

AntlaPip A Puzzled Pony

“Woooaah!” Puzzle’s eyes lit up as she saw a shower of sparks cascade to the floor, taking the ‘flint and steel’ in her mouth and ran up the stairs like a giddy filly and called “Thank you!” before saying to herself “this is going to be soooo awesome!” Walking through the doorway Puzzle eyed up the fireplace, a glint of excitement in her eyes. Sticking out her tongue in concentration she dropped her newly gained fire rocks into her hooves and crouched by the fireplace, after a few frantic strikes of flint on steel she a few sparks had showered into the fireplace. Flames quickly engulfed the dried leaves, crackling and licking the sides of the hearth, Puzzle jumped back grinning “Holey moley, I think I’ve got a chance at being crowned the Princess of fire at this rate!”

She poked her head out of the door of the room “You should see this thing” she cooed to Ursa “It’s amazing!” She yawned “I could do with a bit of shut eye...” but looking down the stairs she paused, seeing the weary stallion stagger around “okay, I could do with a bit of shut eye, but I think he needs it”. Seeing the pillows and blankets he had left in the, newly named, fire room she grabbed one pillow under each of her wings and a blanket in her mouth, leaving one blanket for her. As gracefully as she could, Puzzle waddled down the stairs with difficulty sneaking up behind Ursa she plopped the blanket on his head and shuffled around to face him. “Leave everything to me! I can keep watch, you just go at catch yourself forty winks” she said with a wink, “heh heh, I winked whilst saying wink” she smirked. Not waiting for a reply she trotted back up the stairs grabbing the left over blanket and put it over her head like a hooded cloak, and gazed out of the window looking over what seemed to be a town square.

9. Fridge

Dusk looked down from the rafter at the angry looking pegasus with an amused grin on his face.
    "Oh, hai!" He said, giggling. "Rage and I were just.... Playing. Yes, I'm to call it playing."
    He dropped down from the beam, landing on the floor silently. Looking up he noticed where Silent had appeared from.
    "I see you found the old mans workshop." He paused a moment a feeling of sadness passing over him. "Be careful in there, for all I know it might be all I have of him."
    With that said Dusk walked away passing the slightly stunned looking Nightwing, his mood darkened.
    "I want to ask you something, what do you know of Nox?"

10. Bearpaw

Bearpaw Habitual Pony

"Hehehe well thank you puzzle but i should " he yawned loudly he hadnt realised how fatigued he'd become.
    The warmth of the fire slowly filtered down the stairs. "Hey you done real good with that fire glad to have you along with fire making skills like *yawns again* that". He lay back he didn't want to sleep he wanted to stay awake to watch out for Puzzle but he was dozing now. He called out up the stairs one last time "If your hungry or need anything my saddle bags up there help yourself, just don't open the yellow or blue pots ok". As his eyelids closed a million things ran through his mind. Would the smoke from the chimney attracked wanted attention or worse unwanted. Was that scratching outside ? Possibly mice. His last thought was of protecting Puzzle at least she could flick through the journal on his saddle bag if board. He pulled his stick close as he drifted off he was certain he could hear movment outside or maybe just his imagination working overtime. Dam he thought I hate towns.

11. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

watching pub crawler leave the room she thought over his last statement "lets hope it never comes to that" she mumbled to herself before looking at the letter on the table, reaching for it she moved it over looking at the picture attached, she missed seeing ponies smile happily each day living their lives how they felt happy not out of fear, she looked at the photo for a few moments before turning her attention to what was on the letter.

--
    "To whoever finds this.

We may never have meet, and I doubt you know me. My name is Silver Spirit, a would be actor. I left my home in Horseshoe Bay as soon as I could afford the fare out to Applewood. And in these dark hours, I regret that more than ever. I thought I was the greatest gift film would ever receive, and that my family were holding me back. While I did get a few small parts, and made enough bits to stay alive, they were largely right.

--

'Horseshoe Bay and Applewood' she thought to herself, 'thats quite the distance, his family must have been worried sick'

--
    This town has fallen under Discord's curse, and even as I write this, I can hear the dead walking outside. I am going to try and get back home, but leave this record in case I fail. Whoever you are, I ask that you deliver it in my stead. In the bay, there is a white cottage with a dark green roof. Look for Sea Calmer.
    --

"Discord's curse?" Eiro said to herself not knowing exactly what to make of that, before finishing reading the letter

--
    Mother, I am sorry for the sadness I caused you, fighting with dad. To dad, I still don't believe that a life on the water was the right path for me, but then seeking my fame on the big screen wasn't the right path either. And to little Foam Surge, I am sorry I didn't get to see you grow up. I'm sure you bloomed into a beautiful mare and made somepony feel very special.

Know that I love you all very much, and hope to tell you all this in person. Failing that, I hope that you can forgive my follies and give a nights shelter to whomever brings this to you.

Till we meet again.

Silver Spirit."

--

as she finished reading the letter she felt a few tears fall from her eyes thinking about her own family, she hadn't seen them since they moved from Equestria years ago, she remember all the times she had to foal sit her brothers and sister all the trouble they caused the constant squabbles they had over meaningless little things, though she was glad they were safe.

clipping the photo back onto the letter and placing it back on the table she thought about what to do next, she looked towards the room that Pub Crawler went through before, she could tell something seemed to be on his mind before he left the room, pondering his idea to head to another town is more or less what she has been doing since this whole mess started not wanting to die or let anypony else die she made her decision "safety in numbers" she said to herself before laying back on the floor.

12. Apex

Apex New Pony

Ponyville library was a quiet place, not very well fortified but quiet none the less. Apex parted the curtains a crack with his useless horn and peered out, below him on the streets a shabby conga line of trotting dead dragged themselves along, he shut the curtains and huffed, his wings flapped twice then settled, a nervous tick he had developed over time. His rations were depleted and the water had dried up in the basement, the piped leading to the pond must be clogged. Apex paced the second floor, thinking hard about his options, he hadn't seen a living pony in months and yet, still the Zoniess would often head to one particular place in the town, as thought hunting someone. Apex climbed to the balcony and peered out of his telescope, the previous tenant of the library, twilight sparkle had been forced out when a horde of zonies broke in, he hadn't heard of her or anyone else since he had shut himself away in there, no one even tried to get in. "I need to get out of this town!" Apex shivered as he spun the telescope towards the dirt road leading out of town, no luck, the zonies were swarming that area as he thought, another strange tendency of the zonies, they were growing smarter, but not smart enough, they left the train station clear and the fasted rout to it was straight through town, past sugar cube corner. he would follow the tracks to the only remaining undead free zone, Canterlot, his mentor Luna was sure to be there, if she was still alive. of course the logical option was to fly there, but the Pegasus Zonies were faster than any other, and Apex had one injured wing, so the train tracks were his only hope. Gathering a few things into his side bags he glanced around, the main door was sealed with wood and a huge pile of book, Apex packed the only food he had left along with some water, two ink pots, a quill and some parchment; his fiction writing was his only stress outlet in this world, he packed some other essentials and put on his best vest, he combed his main and strapped on the side bags, he would have to glide to the town hall and make his way to the train station, but first to make sure the zonies were focussed on something else aside from the fresh meat.

Apex eyed the road and made sure the rout was as it should be, assessing the numbers and composition of the horde, he picked up hit telescope and flipped the cap, on the over side was a mirror, if he could draw just one undead with the reflection the rest would follow. pointing the disk of light into the street, the zonie closest to it screeched and stumbled towards it, the rest followed like flies to manure, Apex lead them a few streets away before jumping onto the railing and diving off. Apex was a Pegasus, granted a Pegasus with a horn but that was just a genetic mutation, he couldn't really use magic, but his wings made up for it with their impressive strength and span, yet for all the feathers on them he couldn't just shake off the strained left wing, and so he best Apex could do was flap twice before he landed, galloping towards the train station, the Zonies were quick to notice the noise and within minutes a full horde was on his tail. The train was lying tipped off the tracks when Apex arrived, a few straggling Zonies glanced over but were too busy chomping on day old corpses to be bothered chasing him, Apex leapt onto the tracks and glanced back the horde was a good 100 feet away, but closing fast so Apex wasted no time in bolting down the tracks, he looked back to see the horde tumble off onto the tracks and pile there, stopped in its own confusion they forgot what it was they were after and went about wandering the station, Apex grinned, he was tempted to shout a witty retort at them but he it his tongue and returned his attention to the path ahead of him, he needed o find other survivors and soon, no one made it in this world alone any more, not for very long at least.

13. AntlaPip

AntlaPip A Puzzled Pony

Puzzle nudged the window slightly ajar with her muzzle and rested her chin on the windowsill, taking a moment to appreciate the fresh air. She used the constant cold breeze to keep herself awake, every now and then getting a shiver down her spine. A few uglies were stumbling around outside, she focused on one, a small purple unicorn filly, come to think of it, it didn't seem right calling them uglies when they all used to be normal ponies, and it would be ruse to call other ponies ugly. The filly ambled around, looking as though it were lost, letting out a high pitched groan every now and then. Puzzle sighed, sitting up straight so she could see more clearly. The filly had started walking with more purpose now, heading towards the window of one of the houses. “I wonder what she’s doing” Puzzle mumbled, “wait a minute” She paused “that’s the window to this house!”

“Oh no oh no oh no” Puzzle rambled, trotting on the spot. Looking out of the door and down the stairs she could see the filly scratching at the window. She saw the filly begin to turn her head and Puzzle quickly pulled her head from around the door and landed in a heap in the fire room. “What do I do!” she snuck a glance down noticing that Ursa had indeed fallen asleep. “Oh horse apples!” the filly had managed to nudge the window slightly open and had begun scrambling up the wall in an attempt to get her head through. Puzzle took a deep breath “It’s time” she whispered “to be the hero you were always meant to be!” she dashed to the window of the fire room and grabbed her blanked between her teeth and darted out of the room and to the top of the stairs. Puzzle crouched, and slid down the stairs in a strange fashion, like a snake that had had one too many drinks.

When she got behind the chair Ursa was resting the filly was precariously balancing in and out of the window, leaning forward it toppled into the room. Puzzle gulped, and jumped up knocking a coffee table over with one of her hooves, wincing she held her blanked over her head, and threw in over the filly, she was a bit too much of a wimp to do anything else. The thing screeched as Puzzle tied the corners of the blanket, avoiding its gnashing teeth. As it's strugles slowed Puzzle instinctively stroked where she thought its head would be, and for some reason it stopped it’s screaming, as though it had given upon escaping. Slumping to the ground, exhausted, she crossed her legs over her stomach, squeezing as the horrid gurgling had started again. She turned around, noticing that Ursa had been awoken by the noise, c’mon it would be hard to not be awake by now, giggling nervously Puzzle said “Um... good thing I kept watch”.

14. Sharpster25

“Who me?” Nightwing asked pointing to herself “erm, nothing” she said.

Silent, still rather annoyed at the fact he had to add 'fix blade mechanism' to his list of work, trotted over to Dusk “I'm not going to ask what that was all about” he said pointing a hoof at the kitchen “but thanks to that, the blades mechanism on one of my bracers is possibly beyond repair” he said, his voice raising as he spoke, he paused for a second trying to calm himself “and no, I've never heard of this 'Nox' either” he said keeping his voice in check, “should I know anything?”.

15. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

Crawler lent on the counter, one hoof gently rubbing his temple. He felt vaguely ill, and knew what was coming. Whilst talking to Eiro, he'd mostly been blindly rushing forwards, trying to get his words out before his adrenaline high burnt out. It was amusing in a way. The years he'd worked in bar had been easy, you smiled, took the order and gave the right change. It was foal school level acting, he could handle that. But more complex interactions, ones involving emotions, having to trust a complete stranger....it was mentally draining.

So, what now?
    She seems happy enough with my plan, we'll go into town and see where we head from there.
    Are you going to tell her?
    I have nothing to say.

A laugh rattled round his skull.
    Is that so? What about May Fare? Or Top Tickles or the others? I'm sure they have much to say.
    I did everything I could for them.
    He sagged a little lower against the worktop. I have nothing to say about it.
    I'm sure you don't.

"It wasn't my fault." Crawler whispered to himself, before glancing round nervously. To his relief, Eiro was still in the other room. He hoped she hadn't heard him, or learnt how to read minds. Pulling out a bottle, he flicked the cap off with a practiced flick and glugged hungrily. A mouthful later, he stopped, the burning sensation in his throat getting unbearably. Before the outbreak, he'd gotten herbal treatments that made things easier to deal with. Now though, the snide voice that lurked in the back of his brain collecting harsh words had free rein, unless he prescribed something for it himself.

As he turned to the doorway, Crawler's eye was caught by the thin line of red peeking through a crack in the curtains. Parting them as little as he could, he looked outside. The sun was low in the sky, inky blue fighting a losing battle against fiery gold. At a guess, it was maybe 4am. Had they really been up that long?

Putting on a happy face, he trotted back through. "It's getting late, or early, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm thinking of getting some shut eye for a few hours. After that, I'm going to head into town, you're welcome to stay here if you don't want to come." A glow came off his horn, as the chair cushions moved themselves into a near pile next to the mare. "Take it from me, that floor isn't as comfy as it looks." He said, laying down on the bed.

Several hours later, Crawler heaved himself out bed, most unwillingly. He perked up as his hooves touched the cold floor, and came back to full consciousness after necking a mug of black coffee. "Kettle's boiled," He called into the living room. "Tea, coffee, or just back to sleep for you?"

16. Fridge

Dusk turned his head to face Silent.
    "I'd be very surprised if you had, but her..." He said fixing Nightwing with a glare.
    After a moment he dropped his head and sighed.
    "Fine, let's pretend you have no idea."
    He lifted his head and cleared his throat.
    "Nox is the name of a organisation made up entirely of those abominations." He said pointing a fore hoof at Nightwing.
    "Amethyst and Nox have been, let's say, at odds, for many years. Nox wants what Amethyst has and have no trouble in killing..." He turned his head, looking at his scars and said with a softer voice. "Or maiming anypony that stands in their way."
    He shook his head vigorously as if trying to dislodge a thought and continued, his voice raising as he spoke.
    "Anyway, so far every one of those things I've encountered is either a member or knows of them and from my experience not one can be trusted."
    The last part of that had been shouted, the beginnings of tears had formed in Dusks eyes. He wiped them away quickly and walked to the training hall, shutting the door behind him.

The door slammed shut. Dusk took a deep breath and fell to onto his haunches. That had been difficult for him, all he wanted to do was attack that batpony and give it just a taste of his pain and anger.
    He spent some time to collect himself, he hadn't just come in here to be away from Nightwing. Dusk wanted to use the downtime to practise a little, it had been a while since he had last trained and some of his skills were starting to show the consequences.

17. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Tango slowly opened his eyes. Awaiting him was his bedroom, and a hint of light coming from the window told him it was sunrise. Appearantly, he'd fallen asleep at some point last night. Whatever sleep he'd gotten the night before wasn't very good. He was cottonmouthed, and stiff all over. He struggled to get out of bed and make his way to the bathroom. He took a long hard look at himself in the mirror. His eyes had dark circles under them. His hair was a tangled mess. He tried shaking his head and running his hooves through it to no avail. The gave himself a big frown, because for once during this entire ordeal, he looked exactly how he felt.

His scampered back into the bedroom, and noticed a lot of noise coming from outside. When he looked outside, he noticed that the Zeta count out there had increased by a fair margin. A frustrated Tango pounded his hoof on the windowsill. Tango's mind began to race. What's bringing them all here? I'm well hidden! What could they possibly want from this area of town? Wait a minute... There must be other ponies nearby, live ones. Likely the idiots who lit off the flare two days ago. "NO! NO! NOOO!" Tango paced around the bedroom and let out a few more expletives before returning to the window. More ponies meant more trouble as far as Tango was concerned, and avoiding trouble has been Tango's number one priority since Tango arrived in Equestria.

Tango grabbed his saddlebag and ran back into the bathroom. He gave himself a mean glare in the mirror. After a few moments, he abruptly struck his own face with his forehoof in a desperate attempt to wake himself up. He also clipped his messy hair back up, and covered it with his beret. He also put his military jacket back on. He may feel terrible now, but he wasn't going to let everypony else see that. He had a long list of things to get done today. Be sure wasn't going to let anypony else get in his way. He gave his reflection one last angry snort before walking back into the bedroom, and soon began lowering himself in the dumbwaiter.

#117 Rare80, 19 November 2013
    Last edited: 19 November 2013
  18. Bearpaw

Bearpaw Habitual Pony

Fully awake mouth slightly agape Ursa watched as Puzzle was finishing up bagging the Zony.
    "Puzzle you .. you saved me" His voice stammered shaken as the realization of what had just happened. Quickly he got to his feet seeing Puzzle slump down seemingly in pain. Grabbing the tied up filly he dragged it out to the back of the house quickly. It let out a moan or two and struggled but the knot held fast. Finally he pushed it in to a small closet slamming the door closed and jamming a chair under the handle for good measure. He raced back to Puzzle concern sweeping over him.
    "Puzzle are you hurt did it bite you? hey my little Hero you ok whats hurting you?" He gently placed a hoof on her shoulder concern written deeply in to his features now. " Im so so sorry I thought that window was secure and I let you down we could have been eaten"
    He cursed himself under his breath for his stupidity. The sudden rude awakening had also perked up his senses again. Outside he could already hear away in the distance carried by the soft breeze the sounds of moaning of others attracted by the fillys loud crys earlier. He looked down on Puzzle hoping she could be moved he would carry her if needed but they had to move and soon.

#118 Bearpaw, 19 November 2013
  19. Fridge

The hook released from the horizontal pole it was attached to with a thunk and Dusk landed silently on the beam below.
    Exhaling deeply and let himself relax a little, he had been training most the night and the fatigue was starting to catch up to him. He allowed himself time to recover he surveyed the room.
    It was easily the tallest room in the guildhall and had been designed to allow multiple occupants to train in different disciplines.
    The ground floor was more specialised for combat, attached on the wall to the left of the doorway in was a single large weapon rack. All the weapons in the rack were made of wood and while not deadly could still leave a bruise. There was a single battered looking combat dummy, it's head was missing.
    To the back of the room lay three archery targets and another dummy, this one was riddled with various sized dents... But then so was the wall behind it.
    'My aims getting better.' He thought happily.
    Dusk looked at the headless combat dummy and smiled, he had taken great pride in getting Zina annoyed enough to do that.
    He brought his eyes back up to the level he was on, this area wasn't a floor as such but a series of beams that were suspended by chains from the ceiling.
    These beams created a crisscross pattern a few metres above the ground floor. A few pillars on the ground floor acted as temporary anchors, allowing those using the beams to lock them in place. A mechanism to the right of the door below allowed the beams to be raised, lowed and repositioned for different training needs. A few beams and poles stuck out of the walls at odd angles and heights to allow the practising of mantling.
    Above him were ropes and hoops hung from the ceiling. There was many a time he would watch as the few pegasi in Amethyst practised their high-speed rolls and turns.
    Dusk sighed, he'd always been envious of them. But he took solace in the fact that no one could match his acrobatic or stealth skills.

He yawned and stretched, tiredness was catching up with him. He looked to the door of the practise hall.
    "Do I really want to go back out there?" He muttered to himself. He didn't really want to have to face Silent or the thing again... Not yet anyway.
    Deciding against it he lay down on the beam and closed his eyes. It wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep but he's had worse, especially recently.

#119 Fridge, 19 November 2013
  20. Sharpster25

Silent stood there in shock as Dusk slammed the door behind him, he hadn't expected that, he'd taken Dusk to be the calm, level headed type, that outburst had caught him off guard. He heard crying from behind him, he turned and saw Nightwing curled up on the floor, tears rolling down her face, 'great' he thought. He sat down next to her and drew her into a hug which she eagerly accepted.

“H...he called me an ... abomination” she muttered through sobbing breaths.

Silent was at a loss, he couldn't think straight “I'm sorry” he whispered, Nightwing hugged him tighter and he continued whispering apologizes.

After a while she'd quieted down, Silent looked down and noticed she'd cried herself to sleep, he stifled a yawn, just noticing how how tired he was, he closed his eyes and a few minutes later he was asleep.