1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other OC in the Zombie Apocalypse!

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Pub Crawler, 17 September 2013.

1. Kawen

Kawen Mirror the Masked Filly

I watch her as she leaves, keeping an eye on her until she reaches the forest. I quickly lock all of the doors and recheck the windows, cleaning the blood on the the walls with a wet cloth. I work quickly and unlock a door quietly.. Although the told me to wait for her I need to show her I can be responsible. With fire in my eyes I wrap her body in an already bloodied bit of white fabric and roll her to her side, biting down on the clean side of cloth and heaving her to the door and opening it up. I tred silently, my green hooves hitting the grass with a hollow sound. I check my surroundings as my body begins to ache, I spot a zonie stumbling around stupidly next to the clothing store dubbed "Mirror Craft." I suck in air and pull the body out further away from the shop quicker, making a bit more noise. I back into something and my heart jumps into my throat.
    The tall tree of the evergreen forest waves it's branches in the wind as I drop the body behind it, storing it deep into the brambles and bushes. I gallop toward the door at break neck speed, mud kicking up at my hooves. The zonie notice me and lets out a deep crackling sound from it's mouth as I feel run into the side of the door, my nose starts bleeding. I scramble up and lock the door, quickly bolting and locking it as my nose throbs. I smile, "I did it.." I quickly bandange my nose and start cleaning up the blood, whining in pain.

2. StarCraft

StarCraft I do the art stuff

I keep close to the ground, passing a bush or two as the Timburwolf sent leaves my nostrils. A short cluck splints into the background, a Cockatrice?! What if there was really a Cockatrice here? I now felt determined to hurry more; my hooves clash into the ground, making wet splats as I advance into the forest. My feet skid but they do not cause me to trip, a crack begins into a crevice with vines protruding outward but that wasn't the thing that caught my eye. My eyes were set onto a combination of leaves and other plants of sizes from large to small, one as big as a colts head! Or even a fillies hoof. But the most important part they all looked so amazing. A stench filled the air with plumes of gas being released...They were poisonous...I inhaled some of it at a non-harmful level, it smelled sweet but the way it made my lungs reflex made my stomach turn.
    I step back, my braid flipping backward as I place one hoof in front of another at Wonder Bolt-Speed. I had been scared...They weren't words I'd wanted to listen to. I look into the overhead branches...What exactly was I looking for, the morning was wearing away at the seconds, not to imagine Mirror...Oh Celestia I hope she's okay.

3. Kawen

I sigh and look into the mirror, checking out my nose, bandages laying on the floor. It looks better already, I must have not broken it. I look into the drawer and pull out conseller, dabbing it on softly. my skin seems to cringe and try to escape as the pain shoots through my nose at my touch. I tred downstairs again and wash the cloth, rubbing the floor and walls where the body was and the blood that streamed onto the floor when I hit it. I smile as the house finally looks clean again. I trot upstairs and fix our beds. In a wave of exhausion I flop into the bed, my stomach growling loudly.

4. AntlaPip

AntlaPip A Puzzled Pony

Puzzle thought using the word specimen to describe a filly seemed a tad bit harsh but whatever, right now she was happy that he had even agreed to let her examine the pony. Seeing his dopy grin Puzzle couldn’t help but smirk “Okidokey, sounds like a plan” she rubbed her hooves together in delight “and I trust that you’ll do a super duper distraction”. Puzzle couldn’t help but feel excited, trotting over to the cupboard in which the filly had inhabited. Puzzle looked through a crack in the door to see a bright pair of eyes, that were dancing about, glancing in all manner of places at once. One of the filly's eyes was bright red, whilst the other was off white and on the brink of being pink. She turned to look at Ursa “should I bung her up with this stuff then?” she said, nodding her head in the direction of the rope and the jar of sticky stuff.

#144 AntlaPip, 4 December 2013
    Last edited: 4 December 2013
  5. StarCraft

I stumble around for a while; Feeling dizzy but only slightly, my vision blurred in and out a squawk of the Cockatrice followed into the background. My vision goes back into hold. I was right next to an arrangement of all different berries, some were distinctively poison but some were clearly healthy enough for even athlete mares and colt but with entwining with thorns...I pick and peck at them, closing my eyes tight, my body tensed, picking up the bright reds and dark blues, they seemed healthy enough, small beads gleamed off of them lightly as I placed them back into my bags, I hadn't filled even one of them yet but they were a considerable pattern of quite many of berries.
    A rattle before a peck was hard against the died in ground; It had to have been near here.
    "Please don't go over here, not here, not here..." in a flurry of emotion I pick up a large branch and stick it into my bag for extra measure, the livid stench of timberwolves. My vision heads out once more, I stumble lightly back, waiting to gain sight again.

6. Kawen

My eyes flutter open and I check the sun from a slit in the window, the sky is a shade of orange, I pause and think "Starcraft is still out there.." I say softly and slide off the bed, my hoofs clap on the wooden flooring and I unlock the door when I finally arrive downstairs. I look outside sleepily and pout, getting onto my belly and waiting for her. "Come on, Starry.."

7. StarCraft

((GET INSIDE!))

8. Kawen

((I DO WHAT I WANT))

9. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

to Kawen and StarCraft could you try to put out of character posts in this thread please it will help the thread look cleaner, http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/ooc-oc-in-the-zombie-apocalypse.10588/
    also you really dont need to post so often its not like skype role play where you attention is required each and every moment, it would help the flow of the role play if you take it easy a little bit, we have already had confusion about what respective time scales we were going with in the past with people getting a little ahead of everyone else.

Kawen likes this.
  10. StarCraft

I sway forward, my feet not thinking of anything else as I drag myself forward. My eyes seemed to fail me every time I got closer, or seemed to have gotten closer...I needed to see her.
    "Mia mah" I say, dizzy and fumbling. Slowly the shop fades in. I smile to myself as if my prayers had been answered... I was safe, wasn't I? I was! I was! I weakly smack a hoof into the door and then the side of my body, my legs were getting more numb and I just couldn't open the door, my common sense was almost lost.
    ((Apologies.))

11. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

When Tango arrived at the safehouse, there was not hide, nor hair, of anypony. That included Zeta. I don't get it. This place it supposed to be flooded with Zeta. The only explanation is that there are a lot more than just a few live bodies here in Ponyville. There had to be a dozen survivors, if not more. Likely, they were in groups, their scent dragging hundreds of Zeta behind them without knowing it. Tango looked behind him. There are probably some a few hundred feet behind me now. I better get to safety quickly. Sorry, Thunderstuck.

Thunderstuck's remains lay limp a few feet in front of him. His body was trampled by the Zeta that had come by last night. You deserve better than this, but I just haven't got the time. Tango eyes becoming misty as he walked up to the lifeless pegasus. Tango untied the rope from around his waist. He then got out the sky blue, gold, and white fabrics and wrapped his body in it. The Equestian national colors bringing a little life back to his tattered remains.

"I'm so sorry..." Tango had originally wanted to try and make an Equestrian flag out of the fabric, but he knew he had to bury the body now. If he didn't, it would be crushed or carried away leaving little to nothing left. I hope you understand... Tango went through his saddlebag and got out his utility shovel and dug a shallow grave. At the exact spot were he died, as was Cavallian tradition when a soldier died fighting, and he assumed was Equestrian tradition as well. He placed Thunderstuck's body in it. Then, there was a long moment of silence, nothing could be heard except a slight breeze rustling the trees, and blowing debris.

Tango then continued to recite what he could remember of the Equestrian Pledge Of Allegance.

"Blessed bodies of the heavens,
    Sun and Moon of greatest light.
    Bathe us in you warm embraces,
    shield us with you peerliess might.
    Help us to stand firm as mountains,
    doing right and shunning wrong.
    May we find our strength in friendship,
    unite out herd as one group strong!

Kindness save our herd from sorrow.
    Laughter lift us through the day.
    Honesty shall purge our anger.
    Generous we'll be in our ways.
    Loyal to... something?"

Tango struggled to continue. Trying hard to recall a pledge that's not his own. Tango skipped that part and continued from where he could remember.

In brotherhood we stand together.
    In sisterhood may we find grace.
    The Sun and Moon shall ever guide our...
    never ending pony race.

He wanted to sing the Equestrian national anthem too, but he couldn't remember how it went. So, he hummed the Cavallian one instead. Tears slowly rolling down his cheeks as he stood there, eyes closed. The melody was slow and sweet. Tango was unsure how Thunderstuck would have liked to have a foriegn anthem sung at what essentially is his funeral, but circumstance left him little choice. When he was done, he covered the hole with dirt. Then he hot-glued some wooden planks together and stuck it into the ground by the gravesite. He also got out a black marker and wrote on the wood:

Here lies: Thunderstruck.
    Equestrian Royal Guard Officer.
    Leader with grace and humility.
    A true stallion among colts.

He found a Royal Guard helmet lying around, he didn't know if it once belonged to Thunderstruck or not, but it didn't need to be. Back home, it was customary to make the helmet and firearm as part of the memorial when a soldier died in battle. He didn't know if they did anything similar here, but the gesture alone would be nice. Tango took he helmet and placed it on top of what was now Thunderstuck's gravemarker, the text still being completely visible. He propped it up using another plank of wood, then hot glued it into place.

With that, Tango breathed a deep sigh and turned back towards the safehouse. As he looked up, by fortune alone, he spotted the house's water valve. He switched it on, and he hurried to collect his saddlebag along with the unused fabric and wood. He then scurried back inside.

#151 Rare80, 5 December 2013
    Last edited: 5 December 2013
  12. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Dusk galloped, his cape flew behind him and the planks rattled under him with each hoofstep. As he ran his eyes rapidly scanned the rooftops searching for walkways ahead.
    In the streets below him he could see a few scattered zonies, sluggishly searching for another meal. He knew that one or two had noticed the rattling of the walkways, but he was moving too quick for them to be of any danger to him.
    He stopped to get his bearings, there weren't many places to get weapons in Ponyville. Strictly speaking there weren't any places to get weapons, but there was a hardware store and a sports store. The items in both of those could easily be repurposed.
    Finding the route he needed, he began to run once again.

Panting, Dusk looked down from his vantage point at the store below. On the opposite side of the street from him were the charred remains of the hardware store.
    'Bang goes that theory.' He thought.
    He sat on his haunches and allowed himself to rest, he rummaged in his saddle bag until he found a chocolate bar and began to eat it.
    'Well that only leaves the sports store.' He thought, as he chewed.
    There was a noise below him as a single undead unicorn stallion lurched slowly into the street. Its once green mane was encrusted with filth, it's coat was a similar story but this time in brown.
    Dusk flattened himself as best as he could to the roof, and watched it carefully. From the way it was moving it looked like one of its forelegs was broken. It stopped in the street, swaying slightly almost as if listening. Not wanting it to see him Dusk started to creep back from the roofs edge and out of the ghouls possible sight.
    A shadow passed over him followed by a screech that made his teeth grind.
    Dusk stood up quickly and looked around just in time to see a ex-pegasus swooping down towards him. He ducked down as the pegasus flew over him, it's hooves running lightly along his cloak as it just missed its mark.
    As it swung around to make another pass, he stood up again. A blue bolt of light hit the edge of the roof, Dusk looked down to the street below and saw that the unicorn's horn was aglow.
    "Uh-oh."
    With a loud crack the unicorn sent out a lightning bolt which hit the interior of the building below. Dusk breathed a sigh of relief and quickly scanned the sky for the pegasus. He spotted the pegasus, this time it was diving directly at him at great speed. Dusk risked a quick look back at the unicorn it's horn once again glowing.
    He began to count.
    "5."
    A quick look back at the unicorn below him.
    "4."
    Dusk fixed his gaze on the incoming pegasus, his green eyes meeting it's blood red ones.
    "3."
    He braced himself, hearing the tell tale sign of magic behind him.
    "2."
    At the very last second he jumped down toward the street. He felt a searing heat pass over his head followed by a loud boom. A shockwave threw him off balance causing him to land on his back. His earlier training kicking in allowing him to roll and mitigate the damage. The pegasus was still falling but now blackened and smoking toward the unicorn. With a dull thump the pegasus hit the unicorn sending it careening into the ruined hardware store.
    Dusk smirked as he got up shakily.
    "Lucky me." He said, feeling anything but.
    The charred pegasus moved its forelegs pathetically, trying to right itself on back legs that no longer worked. It let out another screech as Dusk approached it.
    He looked around, further down the street he could see a few zonies moving his way, attracted by all the noise.
    "For Luna's sake! Why can't I catch a damned break!" He shouted feeling rage building inside him.
    In a quick motion he brought his hoof down on the scorched pegasus's head. And then again, and again, and again. It had stopped moving after the initial blow, it's skull made fragile from its crash landing. Dusk carried on stomping on it, screaming as he let all his pent up anger out and turned the pegasus's remains to paste.

#152 Fridge, 5 December 2013
    Last edited: 9 December 2013
  13. Kawen

I spend the whole night watching the swaying branches and the darkening sky. I listen out for the zonie at the other side of the shop but when the moon hits it's highest peak it seems that it got distracted. Or, at least, I hope. I know I probably shouldn't be afraid of others in this town and maybe I wouldn't but how are you supposed to trust anypony? The only pony I will trust is big sis. Starry has been with me ever since I can remember and even our parents couldn't be trusted. Big sister was the one who saved me from them, saved me from everypony, every scary thing in canterlot- in my life, I feel peace. I don't even mind that there are dead ponies walking around and looking to kill us. All I care about is that Mirror Mask and Star Craft are the best team you could ever hope for.
    But am I even worthy of it? She's the one that does everything, that protects us, feeds us. And what do I do? Clean up after her. I place my hooves against my head, maybe I wasn't thinking straight because I was so sleepy but going out and looking for her seemed to be a pressing thought. I should probably go out, even for a bit? But no, she'd told me not to and she was always right, she told me I'd get hurt if I left and my nose was still throbbing in proof. I stand up and shake my head, walking away from the door as I think harder. Star Craft shouldn't be here, looking after me, she should be in Cloudsdale, up with all the pegasus' like her, she's old enough and she's been practicing with her wings since she first flew us here- she's really good. I can't help thinking it'd be safer for her up there but everytime I bring it up she says the same thing "If I go, who's going to look after you?" I can't help but want to stop being here so she can be safe.
    I feel the rumbling of hooves as the pony's silhollette get gradually closer. I gasp, rushing toward the counter and grabbing a dagger between my teeth. I wait in the shadowed kitchen, lit only by the soft and cool moonlight which seems to get darker as I strain my eyes to see the stumbling figure that bursts through the door.

"Who's there?" I ask stupidly, my knees trembling as I walk forward, trying to keep calm. The pony stumbles forward, it's eyes blurred as it heads further into the shop. I close the door and lock it, furrowing my eyebrows. I'm not letting Starry get hurt, she's not coming in here until this thing is dead. I breath calmly and tighten my teeth against the blade, turning the hilt with my tongue so it points out. I rush forward and stick the knife into the side of her fat belly and blood spills out from her, dripping onto the ground, only.. it's not as thick as blood.. and it's more purple than red. I see the saddle bag rip open further and berries falls down onto the floor. I laugh "Starry! You're back!"

14. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

at first Eiro noticed that Pub Crawler seemed a little weary she didnt know what he was thinking after seeing the filly, though she felt relieved when he pulled them both into a hug rather than question her.
    "she has a few bruises but thats about it" Eiro said "she fell into the basement through a grate ceiling" she finished looking down noticing the filly had cried herself to sleep, Eiro smiled seeing the filly sleep softly.
    "i think its time we get moving dont you?" Eiro said "im sure we wont be safe here much longer" wrapping fillies blanket tightly around her neck and the filly like a small cradle so she could use both her hooves.

15. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

"Agreed, lets hoof it." After a quick check out the window, he left the shop, Eiro following closely behind. Moving stealthily, they made their way down the street. Looking round, Crawler suddenly realised why the road seemed so familiar. A small smile slipped onto his face.

"Hey Eiro, the Whineychester is less than 2 minutes from here. Think I might pop in for a quick one while its quiet."

Nearing the intersection, Crawler's nostrils flared. The sweaty meat smell was getting stronger. He put out a leg to stop Eiro. "Wait." He whispered.

Sticking to the nearest building, he slunk up to the end of the wall. Crawler pulled out his knife and slowly edged it round the corner. Angling the blade, he watched the reflection. Right. Withdrawing the knife again, he moved very slowly back to his companion. His face probably said enough. "We can't go that way, lots."

Heading back towards the shop, he let Eiro go ahead, walking backwards himself. If they could get just a few junctions away, they might be able to sneak round. Maybe if they went via *clink*. Ah buck. In watching the road, he hadn't seen the lump of brick. Crawler stopped stock still as masonry bounced across the road. Tense seconds passed.

A blood chilling scream rang out, echoing off the surrounding houses. The first of them came charging round.

"RUN!" Crawler shouted, somewhat unnecessarily. Great, just go and aggro every Z in town! Focusing his magic, a red cylinder floated out of his pack and up to his horn. Sparking the fuse, Crawler flung it over his shoulder. 4,3,2 and.... The firecracker went off with a loud crack, chancing a peek back he could see the front of the herd stumbling, a few green sparks still floating around. That should give us a few seconds.

16. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

By the time Tango used the dumbwaiter to get up to the second floor of the safehouse, he could hear the groans of several Zeta outside. Figures. Whatever was left of Tango's sent was leading the Zeta down the street towards the safehouse, but no further. Soon, they would clump around the block making the road nearly unpassable until his scent wore off, or something (or somepony) else distracted them.

Tango looked out the window as the Zeta continued to clutter up the street, about a dozen of them now. Suddenly, he heard a loud popping noise from outside. What was that? The sound reminded Tango of a gunshot. Tango's eyes darted around, but he didn't find a source. Perhaps it was another flare. Tango's theory was backed up by the sight of a smal plume of smoke rising up from one of the rooftops. Whatever it was, it was close, and it for sure came from another living pony.

I guess there's no better time than now to use that other colored fabric.
    The Cavallian colors of teal, purple, and black. Tango had originally decided to glue them together to make a Cavallian flag, then hang the flag outside the window. If any living Equestrian passerby saw it, they could make their decision based on that. Equestrians usually had very negative opinions of Cavalla. So, they'd be more inclined to leave Tango alone. I don't have time to tend to needy clingy hoofs right now. Tango thought back to the group he left Baltimare with. What a mess they were. Heaven knows I don't need that. Tango shook his head.

Tango didn't have time to make a flag, so he'd have to make do with what he had for now. He removed the wood and screening from the window, then opened it. He took the raw fabric and flung half of it out the window. This left a large black, purple, and teal silk stripe running down the side of the building. He shut the window, securing the silk fabric. Then he glued the wood and screen back into place. That'll work for now. Tomorrow I'll make the flag. With that, Tango relaxed on his bed. The Zeta continued to stumble about outside.

17. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

It was then Silent realised that he didn't actually know where his first destination was, he didn't even know what part of town it was in, “ugh” he muttered as he facehoofed. He stopped to think for a moment “hmm, the town hall might have some maps of the town which would be a good start” nodding to himself he turned towards the town hall and just as he started towards it he heard the unmistakable sound of “...fireworks?” he quickly stopped and looked towards the direction it had come from, sure enough a small cloud of smoke was rising from a close by street, “Ok mystery fireworks pony, time to see who you are”

He made a beeline for the cloud as quick as he could, when he got there he ducked under the now disappearing cloud and landed in the street. Looking around he saw a horde of zonies just turning a corner at the end of the street as if chasing something, “Well” he said as he galloped after them “Got yourself in a bit of trouble ain't you, mister firework pony”. Reaching the end of the street he turned and continued after the growing horde, their collective groaning and the sound of their hooves of the cobbled streets probably attracting every zony this side of town.

Thinking quickly he took to the air and overtook the horde, keeping low across the rooftops, looking down he caught sight of the hordes target, or targets in this case, a light blue stallion unicorn, a dark grey mare and, “ah buck, a filly” that changed things, he was getting them out of this.

He dived towards them and, without breaking pace, landed alongside the blue stallion, who jumped slightly in shock, “Introductions later!” Silent shouted over the zonies “Follow me, I can get you out of this! Just keep up!” without waiting for a reply he pulled ahead and set a course for the Guild Hall, 'I hope Dusk is in a good mood' Silent thought, worrying what the thief would think about this.

18. StarCraft

I cough slightly, staring up to the grey filly. I smile to assure her and nod my head.
    "Yes, yes, I'm back..." I pause for a moment to allow my head to stop spinning.
    "Eat as much as you wish... I'm going to sleep" I drop my smile but do not speak any more noticing an edge of dried in blood to the side of her nose; I shouldn't mention it, now is no time to be angry. The body from earlier was gone but it seemed a new one had arrived.
    "Please just...close the door, we don't want any more mistakes; next time please, please lock the door" it sounded like and option but it really wasn't, it was a life or death situation. Slowly, I get up from my fallen position and let the berries fall from my bags, all but the branch, still stuck inside but I would have preferred Mirror eat nothing from that branch, I'd still not figured out which one was which and it would be just as easy to eat a poison berry from it. I trot from side to side as if I were sleepy but I was not. Crashing into the side of the stairs before correcting myself I mutter something I wasn't so sure I even said but I'm sure it were me it would have been a cuss word.

19. Kawen

I shake as she trots away and up the stairs, stricken in fear. It's like she was angry at me but more... disappointed.. tired of me. I sigh and shuffle my hooves to the berries, leaning down and pulling the berries into my mouth. My belly soon stop grumbling and I sigh in satifaction. I wait at the bottom of the stairs for a while until my eyes droop and I have to heave myself up the stairs. When I get upstairs I hazily climb into Star Craft's bed, snuggling up in it's covers and falling asleep instantly.

The bird tweet outside as I open my eyes and tumble from the bed. I make my routine way to the window and pull open the curtain to see the boarded up windows beneath. My heart wrenched and, filled with anger, I slam my back legs against them forcefully, I feel a jolt of pain and bare my teeth, kicking my hooves against the wood until I hear a snap. I bring my legs slowly down and look out of the cracked window towards the ruin of canterlot and tears fill my eyes and overflow. I gallop downstairs on my glitching legs and slide down the last few, ending up on my rump and wailing loudly, heaving myself up again on my front legs and dragging myself arong the ground, turning over to sign to say to oncoming zonies "Hello, we're OPEN."

20. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Panting heavily from his exertion, Dusk looked up at the mass of lurching bodies ahead of him. He was lucky they hadn't got to him already, something seemed to have momentarily taken their attention.
    It was a chance he couldn't afford to miss. Darting left into the building upon which he had once been stood. He followed the smouldering path through the interior that the unicorns earlier bolt of lightning had cut. There was a hole in the back wall that lead to the alleyways, seeing this Dusk quickly climbed through.
    The alley was clear of zonies but he knew that wouldn't last, the horde wouldn't give up chasing its quarry so easily. He looked up searching for a way to return to the relative safety of the rooftops.
    Dusk extended the hook in his toolkit and jumped toward a now exposed and slightly charred wooden beam. The hook gained purchase allowing Dusk to bring his free foreleg up and pull himself to a crouched position on top of the beam, it shifted slightly under his weight with a loud crack.
    'This isn't going to hold me long.' He thought, his eyes searching for more routes.
    Above him on the building opposite he saw a circular window it's glass still intact, he looked for an alternative but found none, save going back the way he came.
    The sound of groans came from the building below as the front of the horde entered, going back wasn't an option anymore.
    He leapt for the window, his the leg with his hook extended in front of him. The glass shattered upon its impact and the hook caught on the windows inside edge.
    Grunting with effort he pulled himself up. What little remained of the glass pane that was embedded in the frame, cut his leg slightly. Not wanting to make any more sound he gritted his teeth and took the pain.
    Breathing heavily he landed on his back in what seemed to be an attic. Dusk rolled over onto his stomach, being careful not to get cut again by the glass that now littered the floor, and stood up.
    Looking down at his leg, he saw a little stream of blood running from his wound mixing with the congealed muck that was left of the zony he had stomped.
    "Better clean that, last thing I need is a infection." He said as he slipped off his saddlebags and looked for his canteen.
    Finding it he took off the cap and carefully as he could he poured a little onto the wound. Sadly mouths are not really designed for such dexterous activity and he dropped it causing most of the water to spill before he secured the cap in place. He put it back into his saddlebag and looked around the room searching for something that he could use as a bandage.
    The room was dark, dusty and full of junk, the now broken window provided a little light illuminating the rooms contents.
    It was mostly filled with old brass rimmed travel trunks in various sizes and colours, a few hat boxes and oval standing mirror. Dusk looked at himself in the mirror and gasped.
    He looked horrid, the congealed mess of the pegasus covered his fore hooves and a small splatter had gone across his face diagonally going between his eyes. His coat was coarse and singed, parts of it had what looked like soot on it. He turned away not wanting to see what he had become, was this what his future looked like?
    Returning to searching after a few minutes Dusk found what he sought. At the back of the room stood a maniquine in a white dress, Dusk approached it, to him it looked like a gala dress.
    "Too much lace for my liking." He said.
    He bit onto the dress and ripped a length of its material which he then used it to cover his wound. Walking toward his saddlebags he stopped to adjust the makeshift bandage to be more comfortable and then put the saddlebags back on.
    Dusk used the hook to clear away the remaining glass in the frame and poked his head out of the window. The could see several zonies wandering around the alley, including the unicorn that had previously been taking shots at him. It looked even more worse for wear now. It's trip into the wreckage of the hardware store and earned it a length of wood piercing it's neck.
    "Really?" Muttered Dusk under his breath.
    It seemed that none of the zonies knew exactly where he was, but knew he wasn't far. None had looked up that was for certain. He resumed his search for a way out and was rewarded, from here he could easily reach the roof he had been on previously.
    Dusk climbing through the window and jumped landing on the roof with little effort. He quickly began to make his escape as quickly and silently as he could.

It had taken nearly a hour for him to get past the horde, not due to distance but because Dusk wanted to make sure he wasn't followed by it. Silence and carefully timed moves had been key... Actually it had been kind of fun, reminding him of sneaking by patrolling guards in the past.
    'One more thing I'm not likely to experience again.' He sighed deeply at that thought.
    He walked along the roof tops looking at the streets below, they seemed empty, well empty compared to what he had just got past.
    It was then he spotted something strange. On the opposite side of the street stood a building, that was normal, what wasn't was the fabrics that hung from the window.
    "Strange. I don't remember seeing that when I last past."
    Dusk stopped looking at this oddity.
    "Purple, black and teal. Not sure what the significance of that is but..."
    Keeping his eye out for zony activity, he made his down to street level and crossed to the building. Thankfully his earlier display still had their attention elsewhere.
    The wind shifted carrying with it the scent of decay, Dusk wrinkled his snout in disgust.
    "Nice." He said to himself sarcastically.
    Weary that the smell was usually followed by a zony he opted to return to higher ground and see if he can find a way in from there. He took a run up and began using his hook to grapple up the buildings exterior to the roof.

#160 Fridge, 10 December 2013
    Last edited: 10 December 2013