1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Off-Record Visit

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Silvarrn, 1 August 2012.

1. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

The mood was quaint and the breeze was light in the town of Ponyville, It wasn't uncommon for unusual sightings to be seen around town, so the arrival of a cream coloured pegasus did little to surprise anyone.
    "It's been awhile since I've had a little 'me' time." He muttered to himself as he happily trotted down the streets of the lively little town. He reached the centre of town and had a look around, there were a few stands selling food and groups of ponies chatting together. Silvarrn had an issue, he had no idea what this town had to offer, he just recalled the name and general location from a book he read as a child, It was a miracle he could find the place. Slightly lost and with little idea of places to check out he sat down near a stand and just observed his surroundings.
    "Maybe I should of done some research on this place first" He chuckled to himself, and went back to pony watching.

2. O.D.E.

O.D.E. Maths Student

A map! Why, oh why, had he not thought of acquiring a map before? This place was deceptively complex; Ord was certain that he'd walked past that cake shop at least four times. He'd managed to find his way, once again, to the town centre. Checking the position of the sun, he decided that it was lunch time, and he needed a break, and why was he justifying getting something to eat? 'You're a silly pony,' he thought to himself. He looked around for something tasty and, more importantly, cheap, and spotted a stand selling all sorts of carrots. Trotting up to said stand, Ord mused on just how many sorts of carrots there could possibly be. He pulled out a single bit, and bought a single carrot, which he proceeded to munch.

"Right, lesson learnt, directions must be sought." He turned to the owner of the carrot stall, but she seemed to busy with another customer who wanted decidedly more carrots than Ord did. He turned his head to the right and found himself looking at a cream coloured pegasus. "Hello, morning! Or, is it the afternoon? Sorry, I'm a tad disorientated. Don't suppose you could give me some directions, could you?"

3. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

Safeguard had wandered down from the train station with his bags clattering as he kept up a brisk trot. He knew exactly where he was going and headed straight to the market close to the center. ''Morning!'' he all but shouted to the salesamare of a stall ''Could I please have a kilo of carrots?'' as if he wasn't already burdened by the weight of the bag over his shoulders and the two saddle bags fit to burst. Paying for his purchase he held the bag between his teeth and trotted over to the sit just beside the joke shop across the road from the market tents.
    Throwing the bags down the unicorn huffed and arched his back like a cat stretching before flopping down and leaning against his bags.
    Ripping the bag open with his teeth he shuffled about the bag and pulled out a carrot, smiling and nodding to the odd pony to pass him. A pair caught his attention, a cream pegasus and a red earth pony ''You two look lost.'' he shouted over with his heavily accented voice. He meant nothing mean from the comment and offered the pair a friendly smile ''Need help?''

4. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

It took a few seconds for Silvarrn to notice the Red stallion looming to his left, it was that same moment the question he'd been asked struck him. He had little idea of what this pony was looking for but didn't want to seem rude. He stumbled around trying to think of something to respond to when he heard another voice approaching him "You too look lost" it shouted as they approached him and the stallion, he smiled and said "Need help?" Silvarrn breathed a sigh of relief to himself.

"Yeah, my friend here is looking for somewhere but we can't remember what the place is called, don't suppose you could give us a hand?" He white lied to the arriving unicorn, Silvarrn knew nothing of this stallion, no where he wanted to go, but it was better he found where he wanted to go and he could tag along and find somewhere to eat. Carrots and Apples didn't exactly appeal to him right now.

5. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

Day Dream landed in the town square of Ponyville, being careful, unlike other times. "Now, where did they say the Library was again?" He murmured to himself as he began to walk forward, but was quickly lost in the depths of his mind... again.

6. O.D.E.

O.D.E. Maths Student

Ord blinked. Friend? "That's nice." He pushed his glasses back up his nose with his hoof and regained his composture. "Yes, I understand there's a library somewhere here, but this place is severly lacking in signs." He paused in consideration for just a moment before extending a hoof towards the cream coloured pegasus. "Ordinary Differential Equation, shortened to Ord, on behalf on the Royal Canterlot University, at your service. And yours, of course," he added to the heavily-laden unicorn, "but if I give both hooves I'll fall over."

7. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Silvarrn chuckled to himself, a bumped his hoof lightly against the Stallion
    "Ord? Makes sense, I thought all you Canterlot Folk preferred full names. Still, nice bunch, some of the students can be a bit fan-ish." He replied, looking around as he finished off his sentence, He stood up next to the stallion "Well, I haven't got anything much better to do." Silvarrn began "Take us to the Library!" He exclaimed with glee, he noticed a small crowd of ponies staring at him due to his outburst, this wasn't good. One single day with no troubles and the silly pegasus that he is decides to make himself stand out like a sore hoof. "With, much haste. If possible. This attention isn't good for me." He muttered to the Unicorn.

8. Derpmuffin

Day Dream shook his head, regaining focus on his situation. "The Library..." He reminded himself. Seeing a tree off in the distance used as a building, he decided to head towards it due to it's unique nature.

9. Antadurunnu

Safeguard hadn't actually moved towards the pair, rather he shouted across the the road while munching a carrot. After that he took time to throw his saddle bags and bag over his shoulders. He turned his head so he could here them with his good ear as he wandered over at the same time ord mentioned Canterlot.
    ''Ah Canterlot, my sister lives there. Lovely place. I'm Safeguard'' the unicorn eventually annonaced. "I have some things to do but they can wait"
    Turning his head around he spotted the crowd then rose an eyebrow at Silvarrn. Shrugging he hiked the bag across his shoulders into a better place and trotted off. "Follow ponies."

10. O.D.E.

O.D.E. Maths Student

Ord set about following Safeguard with his new pegasus friend. "Thank ye kindly." While trotting, he turned to Silvarnn and asked, "Why would one be worrying about attention? You don't seem the shy type to me." He glanced around, and did find it odd the way that ponies seemed to look twice at them. Did he have something on his coat?

11. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Silvarrn grinned to Ord as the group proceeded to move off towards the library, he opened his mouth to explain why, but halted as realisation hit him. This was a day off for him, no need to talk about his job or what he did, and explaining he was a wonderbolt wasn't achieving those goals; In the event h was overheard, he didn't want to have his new found friends swarmed because of him.
    "I've just got one of those faces, Y'know? where people mistake you for someone REALLY popular." He responded, and followed Safeguard, trotting to the Library.

The town itself was nice, he remarked personally, quiet and humble; The place seemed like a nice quaint location to settle down in. Rather different to the story he heard of rampaging dragons from some of his friends "How'd this place get so popular?" he asked their guide "I mean, Canterlot's only there, why not live in the city?"

12. Derpmuffin

Day Dream bumped into multiple ponies on the way, thinking of what the inside of a tree looked like... maybe a load of sap surrounded the building? Maybe bark jutted out to an fro? He wondered as he continued.

13. Antadurunnu

Kept a relatively steady pace so that the pair could keep up with him, not that they could loose him with his bags clanking and clattering all the time. Now and then he tilted his head so that his good ear faced the rough direction of whoever was speaking. ''Very popular yes. Elements of harmony live here!'' he stated ''Ponyville is like a demon rabbit, looks innocent and boring but very far from the truth.'' Strange way of putting it but it did the trick.
    ''If your looking for something to do there's no end of things.'' he nodded as he carried on.

Turning around a corner they finally reached the library and Safeguard stopped just before the large tree. Sliding the large bag off his shoulders and rummaging through it's contents. ''One moment...ah ha'' Pulling out a parcel he sent it on the ground so that he could grab his bag and pick it up again. Once loaded again he picked the parcel up in his mouth and continued towards the tree.

14. O.D.E.

O.D.E. Maths Student

Ord looked around, trying to puzzle out their destination. There was a rather ornate tree directly in their path, but that couldn't possibly be the library. Trees couldn't be buildings; that would be silly. He couldn't see any other buildings that would qualify as a library though, and they were getting ever closer to the odd tree. Curiosity got the better of him, after all, they couldn't possibly be going near this tree and he would likely forget where it was when they passed it, and he had to ask about it. "What's with the tree? I swear I can see windows on that thing."

15. Antadurunnu

Safeguard turned back to Ord and took the parcel out of his mouth ''This is the library.'' he smiled then carried on towards the door. Headbutting the door open he poked his head in ''Hello?'' he called out and was greeted a few moments later by a small purple and green dragon. ''Ah wonderful, I have parcel for Miss Sparkle and the pony with me wanted to know where this was.'' he lifted a hoof to Ord then handed Spike the parcel. Sliding his bags off his back and shoulders he sat down by the wall close to the door to catch his breath.

16. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Silvarrn poked his head into the library. It, wasn't exactly what he was expecting. Libraries to him were huge buildings that had stood the test of time to hold musty old tomes about past events and a newspaper section on who did what. On second thoughts, this tree fit his picture of a library perfectly. He wasn't one for books but the idea of hiding in a library reading fiction books series actually suited him fine. All it needed now was a good book. He spread his wings and flapped till he was level with the highest bookcase in the Fiction section
    "Any suggestion of a good book series a pegasus could get into?" he asked those around him, tiling his head awkwardly to read the spines of the books lined up in front of him.

17. Derpmuffin

Daydream arrived at the library, seeing some ponies walk in. He didn't get a good look at them, but they looked different. He walked towards the tree.

18. Antadurunnu

Safeguard sat by the door and quietly chatted to Spike, every time the unicorn came to visit it was to personally deliver the latest book in the series. He glanced up to Silvarrn ''My sister writes books in Canterlot about my travels and adventures, slightly more adult then the Daring Do books but those are purely fictitious.'' When ever ponies compared his sisters writings to that of the Daring Do series it left a slightly bitter taste in his mouth.
    A few books were pulled from the bookcases in front of the Pegasus by a purple hued magic ''Ah Miss Sparkle, Good morning!'' Safeguard stood and bowed to her as she entered. Unless he was needed he'd make idle chat with the pretty purple mare before him, relations, friends, the weather, everything and anything.

19. Derpmuffin

Daydream entered through the door. He slipped past the others, looking in awe at the books.

20. O.D.E.

O.D.E. Maths Student

Ord drank in the sight of so many books in one place. Every library he had ever been into had always given him the same warmth. Here was a place of knowledge, where the wisdom of ponies from all over the world was readily available to all those who wish to learn. Oh, be quiet Ord, he thought to himself. You're here for a reason! "Sorry to interupt the two of you," he said to Safeguard and the purple mare, "I have a bit of business with the librarian. Any idea where I'd find him?" Although he wasn't actually required to do any work until next Tuesday, he thought it would be a good idea to introduce himself to those he'd be talking to regularly.