1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Question Official BUCK 2013 Feedback thread!

Discussion in 'Archived BUCK Discussion' started by SlightlyEccentric, 26 August 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey hey hey!

Sadly, BUCK Con has shut it's doors for another year. Now we want to hear all your thoughts on the con for example; did you enjoy it? How did it compare to last year? What would you change? What would you like to see again?

We're open to all suggestions and constructive criticism so fire away below!

Lots of love,

Ruth Chadwick
    Co-Vice Chairman & Publicity Manager
    BUCK 2013

2. SerBlack

SerBlack Pony

I'll put it very simply: I absolutely loved it!!

It was my very first con of any kind, and I'm already planning a return trip next year. From what I saw of the con staff they were working tirelessly, and I think it showed. I thought the con was really well organised, and I had a great time no matter what I went to. One little thing: Cupcake decorating needed a greater supply of icing!

I know, not exactly constructive so much as plain gushing, but I really did enjoy it that much. :p

3. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I hated it

coming to an end :(

Awesome stuff, it was really good fun, but please provide a mirror pool next time :p

Not sure there's anything I'd really change. Rooms like Barborilli(sp?) tended to fill up, but there's nothing you can really do about that.

4. Blueflow

Blueflow UK's Largest MLP Vendor

I'll PM you things on skypu des

SlightlyEccentric likes this.
  5. starry

starry New Pony

hey had really good fun at buck but to come home and get robbed saddened my weekend :(

6. Lannick Manuel

Lannick Manuel Well-Known Pony

I'll go straight to it.

People says that a good event is an event that gave you blues and melancoly when it's over because you come back to the dull and mourning reality.

I say no! a good event is an event where you feel better, grown up, relaxed and smarter when you come back home. When you feel happy afterward.

And BUCKcon is one of these events!

Best Con Ever!

sleazyrum, starry and Cloudane like this.
  7. ecmc1093

ecmc1093 floof

wayup
    it was reet good m8

Little Emerald likes this.
  8. Kyon

Kyon Scooter kleptomaniac

Had an absolutely fantastic time. Everything about the con was wonderful :D

Had great feedback on my cosplay, I was the dipper going around so I was amazed at how much attention I got considering the cosplay wasn't even pony related :rolleyes: Got about 50 or so people talking to me about it, including Tombstone, half of Acoustic Brony, and Glaze! (Who I also got to sign my hat!) :D

For next year I believe having more space would be good, the auditorium was fantastic but some of the siderooms were a bit cramped. Especially for the smash bros tournament. Travelling was long too and I hope we could have a con in London so it's easier to get to, the place was fantastic though.

Overall the con was tremendous, one of the best conventions I've ever been to and I hope to come again next time :D

9. Leigh Roberts

Leigh Roberts New Pony

Panels were awesome, even if something's didn't go to plan, I hardly noticed, the staff were on the ball!
    SSC was...well we broke the door so nuff said on that XD
    Activities were so fun! Got me into pony pathfinder ^3^
    And, of course, everyone had such enthusiasm, it really brought everything together...even if that bloody fluffy unicorn song won't leave my head, nor the word 'fun.'XD
    It was an amazing experience that I will never forget!

So long story short.. OMG THAT WAS THE BEST BUCKING CON EVER HGDSIDFHTGEUFZHAFGZ!!!1!1111

10. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Oh wow. *hugs*

11. snitch567

snitch567 Habitual Pony

loved it but i think i would change the cue waiting book said the times things started not everything started at the right time :/

12. starry

starry New Pony

we will be ok nothing broken but one missing piece glad it want pony related though

13. xwdude

xwdude New Pony

opening day lines NEEDED signs for which was which
    just a piece of A4 sticky-taped to the door with 20% on one and standard on the other. would have saved some early queue switching hassle, also prevent staff mixing the queues up for which goes in first

but aside from that, just some niggly things like not having a list of things at the auction would have been nice for me and a few guys i spoke with is all. nothing super major to change from me

been trying to think of which nice things i could put up and there are just too many, super well done, loved everything i attended

ohh i hope pony pathfinder comes back !
    but really the layout of the space (if that makes sense) just keeps it feeling small and intimate and like i can chat with anyone (which i pretty much did :), many new freindos ) and at the same time all the different levels are functional and, good planning basically

#13 xwdude, 26 August 2013
    Last edited: 26 August 2013
  14. QueenGusty

QueenGusty Celestia is my puppet..

I loved it! My first BUCK, before I've only ever been to the more staid Ponycon so it was definitely wilder than what I was used to!

Great to see some G1 representing from various congoers, simply cannot fault the staff at all, everyone I spoke to was lovely and helpful.

The venue I loved, shame about the size of some of the rooms, the art workshop in particular was in a small room which felt kind of cramped. But it was a brilliant venue in any event.

I can't think of much more else to say except a big THANK YOU!!! to all the chairs and staff for a fabby weekend.

Me and a Skaro representative will be back next year no doubt!

Carrie/The Dalek Lady

15. Greetings

Greetings Greetings

All the Funs in the world!
    And a meme that will hopefully soon be dead.
    Whats not to like.
    Although when will you be putting out the video footage of BUCK?

Urban Meadows likes this.
  16. Somnias

Somnias Merri Ol' Soul

The con was fantastic, an unmissable experience.

Great organisation from what I could see, a lot more to do than last year so the staff obviously took last year's improvements on board which is just great to hear. So I know that what might not have worked or things that can be improved will be, and BUCK 2014 will be even better.

Slightly irked that I seemed to be the only vendor not listed at the back of the con book which did cause some confusion to those approaching my stall. Still, it was a great experience to vend there and to have BUCK as the first place to do so makes it that bit more special. :)

Ultimately, thanks for everything. You nailed it this year, and I know I can expect plenty more good things to come.

17. Jack Dodson

Jack Dodson Well-Known Pony

i absolutely loved this year and cant wait to come for a hat-tick time !!

18. el immagrente

el immagrente Recognised Pony

I had a great time (For reference, I was Sonic), Even though I spent the majority of the time chilling with the people I knew, chatting and the like.
    Taking part in the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tournament was the most intense time I have ever experienced whilst playing any Sonic game (For all those who took part, I say, Good Game)
    The part where I played Super Smash Brothers Brawl was awesome, I used Sonic, and was the one who ran around and constantly did Sonic taunts. (I swear, I'm not obsessed with Sonic)
    I'm hoping to find plenty of photos that I managed to get into, even though none of them were directly of me.
    I thought the NatGeo bloke was pretty cool,and I managed to make it into a few shots of the filming.
    I'm hoping that next year BUCK will be able to put a larger emphasis on the games section, it was really fun, and being able to play against other con attendants is really cool.
    I will definitely do everything in my power to come back next year.
    It's a really good thing the lack of sleep on Saturday night didn't hit me until after BUCK.
    And finally, I learned a very important lesson, never eat at Taco Bell, the food there is not fit for human consumption, seriously, the food seemed nice at first (Except the nacho cheese, which was, for all intents and purposes, plastic), but the next morning, I learnt that it does substantial damage to you in the form of a fair bit of pain.

19. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Overall: absolutely amazing! This was my first con of any description and it blew me away. :D

Starting with the few criticisms:

- I accept that delays are sometimes unavoidable, but info could have been better for the two long ones on the Saturday (queue and Lunar Eclipse). The LE one was the worse of the two, as there was a full hour's unexplained delay, which also meant a slightly unsatisfactory rushed ending to Acoustic Brony's set when we bumped up against the cut-off time.

- Also, someone told me that GalaCon has big cooling fans. This would definitely be a good idea in places -- the auditorium was fine, but the gallery karaoke area in particular was almost unbearably hot at times.

My only other downers were things that were personal opinion or regret (it was a shame not to have Dusty Old Books: Redux, for example) so now it's on to the positives, of which there are many more!

+ I just mentioned My Little Karaoke... in spite of the heat, this was an awesome feature, and I really want this back in 2014! The mass singalong was a fantastic way of getting shy attendees to relax and have fun -- at least, it worked for me, and an awful lot of other people I talked to.

+ The auditorium was an amazing venue. I've seen people on twitter sounding absolutely amazed when they comment on photos of the MLP:FiM Q&A Panel. I was a little unsure a while back whether it was really worth having such a posh venue. Well... it was.

+ Back to the Lunar Eclipse: the music festival setup, with simultaneous performances you could move between, was an excellent idea and worked very well. Without that, I'd never have found myself jumping around (well, a little) at a Tombstone performance. (Me! :eek:)

+ An obvious one, but the wonderful atmosphere of happiness, friendship and lack of cynicism. We were all there unashamedly enjoying being happy, and there's a huge amount to be said for just having... fun! (Repeat 100000 times!)

+ Even when things went wrong, there was something to enjoy. During the LE delay, someone (maybe Coastie; can't remember) pointed out the somehow deeply amusing sight of a bored-looking King Sombra reading a book. :p

+ The conbook: I don't know how good conbooks usually are, but this one was very good: clear and informative, not too cluttered, a touch of humour and occasional references without going over the top... it helped a lot.

+ The food! I'd got the impression that Bridgewater Hall food would be absurdly expensive. Actually, this was reasonable, and tasted okay as well. I did buy most outside (yay for a city-centre location) but even so.

+ The unofficial, improvised stuff. If you didn't have something you wanted (in my case someone singing "So Many Wonders") you just did it yourself. In such a creative fandom, I guess that's hardly surprising!

I could go on and mention the awesome vendors etc, but this is long enough already. Basically: a few niggles, but all in all it was wonderful. And if my health co-operates and it's in the same place next year, I'll be back for sure. :D

#19 Loganberry, 26 August 2013
    Last edited: 26 August 2013
    Little Emerald, Odyzak, Eliki and 2 others like this.
  20. DJ Zingiber

My one complaint is that the TLE was messed up, but that couldn't be helped, due to lack of tech guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.