1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Question Official BUCK 2013 Feedback thread!

Discussion in 'Archived BUCK Discussion' started by SlightlyEccentric, 26 August 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaac702

Isaac702 Active Pony

Err I don't think so. From what I was told the pages beside each item represented the highest bid of the item.
    It simply wasn't a blind auction at all.

I will likely type up some feedback tomorrow. Short answer though is buck was awesome and I can't wait to see what will be done for BUCK 2014.

SlightlyEccentric likes this.
  2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I thought they were teasing about the dropped trophy at first. That sucks :(

3. dash77

dash77 Pony

As many people have already said: the vendors area was far too small, especially in the corners. Also, it seemed that a few events (and door openings) were significantly delayed which wasn't great, but overall the event seemed well organised, and the BUCK team very professional.

There are so many good points that I'm not going to list them all - with the exception of a special note to say that the karaoke was brilliant! Apologies to all the people I deafened with my tone deaf attempts at singing, but I loved it :D Hope it runs again next time round - and it would be nice to have it available all day.

Thanks to the BUCK team for the awesome event, and to all the awesome people who attended and BUCK 2013 one of the best weekends ever!

4. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

It wasn't? That's what the guy said at the end of the auction slot... I didn't go up to the table because I didn't like the idea of putting large sums of money down for a lucky dip. Bleh.

Oh well.

5. LilithImmaculate

LilithImmaculate Blindbag champion!

I can't do anything about the cupcake, but have this :) 1233465_10153204293330305_45429348_n.jpg

Rexicus and BonBon like this.
  6. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Well-Known Pony

I'm not sure about the VIP guests like Michelle Creber. but i'm pretty sure non of the other guests were paid in anyway.

7. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

It wasn't even a Rainbow Dash blind bag! Told y'all the auditorium video wasn't very clear! :p

That looks awesome, though. Great job!

Rexicus and LilithImmaculate like this.
  8. alexatkin

alexatkin Recognised Pony

I wonder if they would consider buying another and posting it to you? It did seem a bit unfair.

LilithImmaculate likes this.
  9. Coastie

Coastie Aerospace Pony.

Yeah I thought he was joking too......I think they should have done something to try and make up for it (e.g. get a replacement trophy and mail it)

10. BT_Blueshift

BT_Blueshift Lives for the night

Wasn't happy about the prices of drinks at Manchester Central. The prices in Bridgewater Hall were about standard convention/festival price (just under £4 for a pint, still very high, but not unexpected) - but some of the prices at SSC were ridiculous. A friend of mine got charged £9 for a double whisky and coke. Two bottles of Heineken set me back £7. I would assume this is out of BUCK's control, as venues tend to set the prices at events like this. But that's my only real gripe and if anything can be done about it for next year, I'd be very appreciative <3

11. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

I thought that, too... I know accidents happen and all but I think she deserves some recognition for her efforts. :)

Loganberry and LilithImmaculate like this.
  12. Grandiose

Grandiose Active Pony

Gigi D' Agostino - The Riddle

Little Emerald and pixelmane like this.
  13. LilithImmaculate

Haha.. if only. I don't really mind, really. I don't want to make a fuss. *squeak*

14. Cavatina

Cavatina Made with 101% snuggles!

:3

15. Coastie

Coastie Aerospace Pony.

It's not about you making a fuss, it's about what's fair :cool:

Thanks for that too!

16. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Well, that seems to have solved all the problems for 2014: the entire auditorium is used for karaoke for two days, with the rest of the hall being for vendors. Sorted. :p

17. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I have the original Nik Kershaw version of that song on my music list (I added it years ago when I was sort of depressed-lite and looking for happy songs)

Reallly didn't expect to see it randomly pop up at a brony convention! Amazing stuff though, that little vid was pretty much straight out of my head, it was surreal

We do! :)
    *Iron Will mode*
    Drop my friend's trophy, get an arrow to your-knee

18. LilithImmaculate

Well... I did get to take snowstorm home, at least. When i told my family about the dropped trophy they were a bit astounded about the lack of replacement, too.

19. Frozenpyro71

Frozenpyro71 Clay pony wizard!

Well I for one, had a fantastic time. As my first major pony event it was certainly one I will never forget. Two whole days of pony madness and awesomeness.

As far as any feedback I can give goes:

Entry on the first day needed some kind of signs to mark out the early entry line.
    The 'artists corner' was just that, a corner. I know that space is at a premium but it would be nice to see more seating for folks who like to draw.
    The charity auction was amazing but I felt it ran on a bit too long. It was a real shame to have to miss the last group of items off the live auction. (I'm glad my Britannia statue raised such a crazy amount.)
    The panels that I attended (artists, MLP Q+A, Ask Britannia, electronic music) were all nearly flawless as far as I could see. Congrats to all involved for a stella job.
    The vendors area was nicely set out with a wide range of swag to buy.
    The artists events were very fun especially the blind bag paint. Looking forward to more like this next year.
    The staffing was absolutly fantastic. Really helpfull and seemed to keep everything running smoothly.

I'm so looking forward to next year

20. Japer Caper

Japer Caper New Pony

This was my first convention, and I have to say, despite its flaws, BUCK was an absolutely fantastic convention that I'm very much looking forward to coming back to.
    A couple of things that might have been better would have been opening the doors at the right time, making the vendor area a bit bigger, and not letting the 20% cooler ticket holders in, in their entirety, first - as it meant they could sweep the merch stalls before anybody else could. However, as this is a thinly-veiled minor gripe for not being able to get a hold of the plushies I wanted (one day, Scoots, fillies Twi and Dash, one day), I can say that this convention was nevertheless brilliant - from the staff not minding too much about our antics, to the remarkable charity of those who attended, to the people I met whilst there. Same time next year? Absolutely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.