1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Official clip show episodes: "Friendship is Forever"

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 25 April 2020.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

The first one of these ("A-Dressing Memories") has aired in Australia and will presumably be coming to other countries soon. They are made by DHX (Wildbrain now) and not Boulder, and consist of clips from the show but linked by original segments. According to Big Jim Miller, there will be six of them and they were made at the same time the last S9 episodes were made.

Discuss away! :)

Danishbrony2011 and Oilyvalves like this.
  2. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I didn't know about these in advance, so their appearance was quite a surprise to me! It definitely feels strange to get new FiM content now, even if they were produced at the same time as the end of S9. Mentally I'd come to terms with the show ending, so I don't feel the need to hype these up or avoid spoilers on them, for example (although I'll use the normal practice on here!).

Non-spoilery thoughts on the first one (A-Dressing Memories). I enjoyed it for what it was. Until I watched, all I knew was that it'd be a 'clip show'. Admittedly didn't appreciate what that meant. It seems obvious in hindsight :rolleyes:. But as Logan says above, there's at least some original stuff in there. They at least make these worth a watch. And I can't complain about the other clips shown; some of them I hadn't seen in years.

So basically, don't go in expecting anything particularly special or groundbreaking. I expect the other 5 will follow similar tack, but we'll have to see. :)

3. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I've watched the first two of these, and really enjoyed both of them. :)

Lots of classic Rarity moments in this one. I also love the fact that Rarity had actually finished Twi's coronation dress and was actually making a backup dress. :p

I wish Rarity and Twilight had gotten at least a couple more episodes together during the main show's run, but this was nice too. :)

This one featured Pinkie, so there was all sorts of silliness, both in the clips and the new content. :p

I actually started laughing so hard at Pinkie's crazy face when she woke Twilight up that I had to pause the video for a couple minutes. :p

You can tell creating the book means a lot to both Starlight and Spike. (Though I'm sure Spike will appreciate being able to look back at those memories too.)

It's hardly a surprise they included at least a couple of Pinkie's songs throughout the series. I teared up a bit and, well, smiled, when "Smile" came up though. I'm really happy they included it. :)

Robshi, Oilyvalves and Blissful690 like this.
  4. Bridle Timeout

And we're halfway there.

This was a gentle episode, which was a nice fit for Fluttershy.

I can't believe they didn't show the clip where she talked down that big dragon in "Dragonshy", though. Even after all these years, I still think that's one of her best moments. :)

And, yes, I love that face Starlight made, hence the new icon. :p

Robshi and Blissful690 like this.
  5. Bridle Timeout

Only seen screenshots so far...

Is it just me, or does Dash look really adorable as a spa pony? :p

[​IMG]

Also, I think the TwiDash shippers are gonna go crazy for this one. :p
    [​IMG]

Blissful690 likes this.
  6. Bridle Timeout

Actually watched "Deep Tissue Memories" and it's my favourite one of these so far. :)

The clips they showed for Rainbow were good and appropriate to show different aspects of her personality. (Personally, I would have added something from "Testing Testing 1 2 3" or "Top Bolt" as well, though.)

The "glue story" in this was particularly good though. Rainbow tried to pretend she was in the spa for a "deep tissue sports massage", just like she did when Rarity and AJ "caught" her there. But AJ and Rarity told Twilight about it. :p Twi pointed out that that it's okay for "sporty" ponies to like the "frou-frou" stuff too. :)

I liked the bit where Rainbow snuck into the pool thingy while Twi was relaxing and scared her. Got a bit of snarkiness from Twi too, but nothing too harsh. :p

Twi wandering off to be alone for a bit and get her massage led to one of the cutest and sweetest scenes ever though. :)

Twilight: I love Rainbow Dash, but sometimes she can be a little much.

Excellent compilation of clips of when Rainbow tried (and failed) to get rid of her "Rainbow Crash" nickname, and her various pranks. :p

Twilight: It's pretty hard not to love a loyal friend like that.
    Rainbow: *crying*
    Twilight: Are you okay?
    Rainbow: I-I'm fine... but I love you too! ...I'm sorry, Twilight, but once we started reminiscing, I guess I just didn't want to stop!
    Twilight: We have had some pretty great times together.

Nice addition of the scene where Rainbow is teaching Twilight how to fly, and the ending of "2, 4, 6, Greaaat". :)

I like to think it's Rainbow's influence that caused us to see Twi being a cute little showoff a couple of times once she got better at flying. :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've always really liked episodes that feature Twi and Rainbow and explore their friendship, and this is no exception. :)

Robshi and Blissful690 like this.