1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Discussion OOC - Adventures of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sharpster25, 15 July 2015.

1. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

At the moment, this is where to 'reserve' as such, you characters position on the Airship Phoenix.

It'll operate on a first come first serve basis.

Positions available:
    Sharpster25 - Silent Waters Pilot/Captain - mans the helm of the ship, the top authority of the ship.
    Comet - Comet Navigator - plots the course of the ship, and operates the radio.
    Untitled_dot_V - Wolf Rayet + Betje 1st Engineer - keeps the engines running and the balloon inflated.
    Heartless Angel - Marr Weapons Maintainer/2nd engineer - Maintains the ships armaments. assists 1st engineer with engines and balloon repair and maintenance when required.
    George Booth - Aniseed 'Ani' Alembic Doctor/Apothecary - Keeps the crew in good health and tends to any wounded.
    NPC - Nightwing Military 'adviser' - on board to make sure this hired ragtag crew does what they're told, when they're told.

And if we have alot of interest: now in case of any late signups:
    10 x crewmates - mans the guns, keeps the ship clean, you know, the general crew-ponies.
    (these'll be npc's if they're not taken)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we have the crew ready this'll be for general questions and such.

#1 Sharpster25, 15 July 2015
    Last edited: 20 August 2015
    Sohfiiea likes this.
  2. Sohfiiea

Sohfiiea Active Pony

Reserving my position as a Navigator for the Phoenix. ;)

3. Sharpster25

Welcome to the crew :)

Sohfiiea likes this.
  4. Vianessa

Vianessa Something terrible’s happened, no idea what it is

dammit, engineer was already taken. May Wolf Rayet (and his "second-in-command" Betje (A dog) reserve captain?

5. Sharpster25

Of course :)

6. Sharpster25

Hey Untitled_Dot_V, I've thought about it (and read Wolf Rayets backstory, very nicly written btw), do you still want Engineer for him, I think it'd suit him better than my OC.

7. Vianessa

If you want, then sure :D
    Thanks, whenever someone reads one of my RP bios, they always think it's too long and in too much detail :confused:

8. Sohfiiea

Sohfiiea Active Pony

Well, I thought Silent would be a great Captain. Can't wait to see this play out. :3

9. Sharpster25

Same (Already commissioned a pic of him as he'll look in the rp).

Well, since i'm not really artistic I don't have a picture of our airship, but I have put together a very simple floorplan of sorts:
    [​IMG]

Sohfiiea likes this.
  10. Sharpster25

Also, since we seem to not have as much interest as i was expecting, I think we could start up the rp soon.
    I'm pretty sure some ponies aboard will know enough first-aid to keep any injured stable until we get them to an actual doctor.
    And i think a weaponsmith is actually unnecessary, since the armory will be stocked with replacements in case a weapon breaks.
    Also, I have a perfect OC to be the Military 'advisor' npc.

So i think I'll start writing the opening post, though just in case of any late signups we'll stay docked for now, where you ask? Wait and see.

Sohfiiea likes this.
  11. Sharpster25

Opening post done, lets start some roleplay. :)

Also yes, Silent speaks with a very pronounced cockney accent, being from Trottingham and all that.

12. Vianessa

...And that's something i'm going to start putting in bios... they're voice

also: how long is the ship?

#12 Vianessa, 20 July 2015
    Last edited: 20 July 2015
  13. Sharpster25

Well, after some simple maths including the size the bunks would be, the hull is about 85ft long and 18ft wide at its widest point (25ft including the exterior of the engines)

Taking that into account, my guess of the balloon itself is about 120ft long and about 30ft wide.

Ah, the hull is also copper-plated on the more important parts, around the engine room and fuel tanks, and the inside of the armoury.
    And the balloon is actually made up of many 'slices' sewn together, so if a shot punctures it, only a small section of the balloon will get depressurized.

#13 Sharpster25, 20 July 2015
    Last edited: 20 July 2015
  14. Sharpster25

Also, in case anyone was wondering who this Platinum Snow is:
    [​IMG]
    Silent Waters 'First Mate' of the airship Phoenix, usually works as the lookout in the crows nest built into the top of the balloon.

And:
    [​IMG]
    Ordered by her superiors to act as an adviser for the captain of the phoenix on military matters and tactics, very much against her will, she simply doesn't want to be there among non-military ponies.

15. Sohfiiea

Sohfiiea Active Pony

I'm genuinely confused as to why the RP has come to a halt for a few days. Especially considering all members have been active TODAY.

16. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

why is Marr not an engineer

dammit

I was too late

17. Sharpster25

I think it's just the style of this sort of RP it can speed up to the point where everyone posts several entries a day, on the other end of the scale it can slow down to the point where nothing happens for a week, it varies. (everyone has rl stuff that can draw tham away from rp for a bit)

Not so! a second engineer will be useful, we have two engines and a balloon that all need to be kept running, one engineer can't be everywhere at once.

Couple more things, few updates on the floor-plan, an air pump to actually keep the balloon inflated, it sits inside a small room on the top deck connected to both the balloon and the deck. Also the number of bunks the ship has.
    [​IMG]

And one more thing:
    [​IMG]

18. Aethelberdia

Whoa.
    Silent's cutie mark is a bomb.
    SILENT DID THE BLITZKRIEG, GUYS

19. Sharpster25

*raises eyebrow* ....Erm, looks more like a screwdriver and a crafting tool to me. XD

[​IMG]

20. Aethelberdia

It's the handle that does it, and all the other bits are covered on the other picture.