1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Discussion OOC - Equestrian Questers adventures.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Mista Squishy, 30 December 2017.

1. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

The OOC chat thread for
    "The Fun and Perilous Adventures of Equestira... and beyond."

Current Cast:
    Mista Squishy - Stringwing Songbird
    Sarpster25 - Kamari Kiama
    abrony-mouse - Brine
    ~~~~~~​

#1 Mista Squishy, 30 December 2017
    Last edited: 7 February 2018
  2. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Love the introduction in the main rp section and the idea as a whole.
    Time to make a new OC methinks, I get to combine making a DnD character with ponies, fun. :D

3. Mista Squishy

thanks! ^-^ i look forward to what you come up with :3

4. Recurrent Trotting

heh totally misssed this. Liking the concept too and will make an OC for it. Since it's action oriented I'm thinking of filling gaps in the lineup and in league of legends / Pillars of Equestria terms both Kamari and Stringwing are supports so it would make sense for me to make a burly fighter they can support to bring down the villains. I've already got a concept based loosely off of Brian Blessed :p I'm thinking he could literally be a bear in this universe and in another RP I've got polar bears going on (and it being winter and all) so that would work. Would it be a problem that the canon bears can't talk? If not then he could happily be one of those random storm creature things from the movie? Either way he's gonna be big and fighty :3

5. Sharpster25

A bear with Brian Blessed voice sounds amazing :D
    Sadly, we do usually have to stick with the shows canon with the characters we make for RPing, and yeah, canon bears can't talk.
    But when in doubt, ask Blaze, he might make an exception to get more life pumped into the rp section.

Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  6. Mista Squishy

could always be a beer bellied Brian Blessed minotaur? x3

7. Recurrent Trotting

Have pm'd Blaze :3 hooves crossed but if not then minotaur could work as a fighter character for sure

8. Sharpster25

True, either would work for the character, looking forward to seeing what you can do with him, really liked the character app as well.

9. Recurrent Trotting

Blaze is happy with my bear :3

Kay so now how to introduce him into the RP... I like the dynamic in the main Equestrian Questers thread but despite what I said before if I'm being realistic I'm wary of a 3 way RP as I would probably slow you two down (have to admit I'm not the most regular RP poster (atm once a week if I'm lucky)). Maybe if I get into rhythm a three pony show could work in the future though. So what I propose is a spin off thread where Mr Bear and one of your OCs go on a short mission somewhere (could be the same OC as used in the main Questers thread - ie rp occurs after/before the events in that thread). What do you think?

10. Mista Squishy

well we haven't posted here in what feels like more than a week x3

but it doesn't matter too much, if you want our OCs to know each other in this RP just say how you'd like them to. I don't feel there's a need to make another RP just to introduce a character imo. :)

Plus we're not bothered about waiting on others, quality over quantity after all. besides, we'll have the Zony RP to keep us occupied if things slow down here occasionally.

11. Recurrent Trotting

it does make things easier if we're all in one thread. I'll try to make a sizeable post for him there then. I'll post up some thoughts here about how you think it should go and will post Brine to the thread when we're all happy :3

12. Mista Squishy

well so far it's up to you, do you want brine to know us both? one of us? if so which one? and what idea do you have for it?

13. Sharpster25

I'm sure we'll both love whatever you come up with to introduce Brine. Maybe he's already friends with one or both of our characters, crosses paths with them in Canterlot and volunteers to come along purely for the thrill of the adventure? Or maybe these Archaeologists that have hired us two through the guild also hired Brine privately beforehand? So many options :D

Speaking in DnD terms, with him introduced we'll have quite a well rounded party, Brine as the Tank/Dps, Songbird as the Bard/Rogue and Kamari as the Alchemist/Healer. (All we'd really need to make it absolutely perfect would be a 4th person as a Unicorn Mage XD )

14. Mista Squishy

that's actually a really good one. that didn't even cross my mind o:

15. Recurrent Trotting

hey again - sorry about the delay. Have an idea for my intro but is it ok to have brine talk to the guildmaster guy in his set up? (not sure if he's your OC - pretty sure it would be ok but just thought I'd check)

16. Mista Squishy

yeah that's fine, we're pretty much only using 1 OC each, the rest are NPCs (saves complications and juggling characters during combat scenarios etc. plus it keeps a slight DnD feel.)

just remember the Guildmaster is a grumpy ol' sod. :p

17. Recurrent Trotting

woo! finally managed to write up a post for Brine :3 next one shouldn't be quite so long or take so long hopefully. looking forward to how you two get on with him :p

18. Sharpster25

Nothing wrong with a long post, really enjoyed reading it :D

19. Mista Squishy

i like your consistency and writing skills :3 t'was a perfect introductory post.

20. Sharpster25

Since this is a d&d style adventure RP, i suppose we need some kind of DM? Or just start throwing ideas around here about whats generally gonna happen.