1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Discussion OOC - OC in the zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Pub Crawler, 22 September 2013.

1. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

I'm so sorry I'd sort of dropped out of existence from here for weeks, I've been pretty much bedridden for about a month now.
    I'm just fed up now, fed up of feeling like I've run a marathon after just walking to the kitchen and back for a drink. -_-

2. Recurrent Trotting

really sorry to hear that Sharpster :( hope you're on the road to recovery.

the ponies/bears/griffs and such will celebrate your return :3
    [​IMG]

3. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

We are *NOT* gathered here today, for the passing of our beloved thread, OC in the zombie apocolypse, which slowly died in it's slumber. We give out thoughts and prayers to our beloved thread on it's passing, Amen.

4. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Ok, now i'm actually feeling ok-ish, and now actually know everything myself, time to explain where i've been the past month. I tend to ramble so bear with me.
    Turns out I never had the flu or glandular fever, I was actually suffering from a complication of my diabetes called diabetic ketoacidosis. Basically my body wasn't getting enough insulin and so was breaking down my fat stores to keep itself running, a byproduct of this is an acidic poisonous substance called ketones being released into my blood which was, in turn, attacking my nervous system. That was happening for 5 weeks when a few days of it is enough to put you at high risk of coma.

Luckily they caught it at a random checkup at my doctors about a week ago and i got sent straight to hospital, with a blood pressure reading so low i should have been unconscious and a ketone level so high the test they use for it couldn't measure any higher.
    Three litres of saline and one night in hospital later; no more ketones and a much better blood pressure, so i get sent home.

I'm not without even more problems now though, 5 weeks is enough to do some ....significant permanent damage to my nervous system, permanent pain and aching in my legs and a digestive system that no longer works properly.
    But.... I'm alive, which surprised my doctor and nurses at hospital.

Recurrent Trotting and Rare80 like this.
  5. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Glad to hear you’re feeling better.

6. Recurrent Trotting

glad that you're better - really sorry about the other stuff :(