1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Overwatch [PC, Xbox One, PS4]

Discussion in 'Games' started by vaska00762, 16 May 2016.

1. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

I've never really found Mei to be that good at harassment. Maybe its just the way I play but you need speed and Mei isn't that quick. Admittedly Junkrat isn't quick either but that concussion mine makes a lot of difference.

2. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

JUNKRAT! PRIMED AND READY!!!

can you guess who my favourite is? >.>

Lydiasaurus likes this.
  3. Laurence Hammond

Laurence Hammond I play to win!

D.Va?

Lydiasaurus likes this.
  4. Lydiasaurus

Lydiasaurus The Girl With The Most Cake

My favourites are D.Va, Tracer and Zarya :) It's a great game but I'm disappointed by the lack of a single player mode (maybe Blizzard are working on one) it's really fun to play and once I get to level 25 I can't wait to do competitive play. And once I get enough coins I'm definitely getting the punk Tracer skin and goth Zarya <3

5. Alteran

Alteran Horse Noises

What's your Battletag? If you don't mind me asking...

6. Lydiasaurus

Lydiasaurus

7. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

Unlikely, Overwatch is yet another game in the world of multiplay-only titles that have come out in recent months. Star Wars Battlefront, Rainbow Six: Siege, Overwatch, Battlefield 1 (to be released) and a few others have all been in the realm of multiplayer games which have dumped the single-player in favour of a more, better developed multiplayer. While games like Rainbow Six: Siege and Star Wars Battlefront were lacking in multiplayer content to start off with, they have since added it, but at a trickle rate. This has become known as Early AAAccess, that is, AAA games with more core content promised later.

Now, I seriously doubt Blizzard are working on any kind of singleplayer content at all, since that would take them away from the thing they are interested in developing, more microtransactions multiplayer content, i.e. maps and heroes. Many games used to have effectively tacked on singleplayer for the sake of singleplayer. But developers, and publishers are starting to realise that tacked on singleplayer takes away resources from developing multiplayer, and also takes time, especially if at the end of the day, a poor singleplayer may end up reducing a critic's score.

Lydiasaurus likes this.
  8. Alteran

Alteran Horse Noises

I'd need that #number on the end of your Battletag if I am to add you. It's a discriminator they give you to tell you apart from other people called "Lydiasaurus".

9. Lydiasaurus

Oh that's my PSN username sorry, my Battletag is Lydiasaurus#2756

Alteran likes this.
  10. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

been getting relatively decent as zarya lately she has been a hero ive wanted to learn since day 1 as ive always had to learn to be tank roles because it seems most are to afraid to be shot at, or they just want the attack heroes to boost K/D.

11. Hampshire Brony

Hampshire Brony Shaun of the dead

I find that Mei, with support, is good for harassment.

It's great when you have 4 or 5 enemies frozen in a blizzard.
    Less great when they all unfreeze and eliminate you, and your teammates haven't made use of this opportunity to take out most of the enemy team.

My current bug bear is people who keep calling for healing, and running away from you or hiding behind cover so your guardian angel stops working. Or you damage boost them and they run away from battle. Seriously. 95% of the time. Grr.

12. Alteran

Alteran Horse Noises

An organised team will make the effort to maintain Line-of-Sight with Mercy - they're more likely to get heals that way, and it helps Mercy to escape danger if there is any. I've seen Mercy players on competitive call out for "LoS" to their team to remind them.

13. Hampshire Brony

"Organised Team"?

Think I've seen that once.
    Been against it a few times I think.

Alteran likes this.
  14. Hampshire Brony

Ok, really not feeling competitive mode too much.
    Each loss seems to be dropping me 50 and each win gaining 20.

If you're on a team of idiots, you get penalised.
    If you realise you're on a team of idiots and want to cut your losses, you get penalised.

Urgh.

I did however get the skin I was after - got a legendary gold drop.

15. Alteran

Alteran Horse Noises

If your team loses, but your overall performance was good, you won't drop much at all. When the game starts, it estimates your odds of winning. If the game favoured the enemy team but your team won, your rank will increase significantly. If your team loses, your rank won't drop as much because they were expected to win anyway.

It also takes your own performance into account. If you get four gold medals, but your team still lost, you shouldn't drop more than 20 points or so.

16. Vianessa

Vianessa Something terrible’s happened, no idea what it is

I still feel like this is unfair, I think it should account for your performance against everyone on the match, not just your team.

17. Hampshire Brony

I usually get gold healing.
    Other medals, not so much.

Had some fun in quickplay. After that, we were in overtime to capture the point. We've got two dead on it and one critical. I swoop down onto the point, bring back the two dead and get shot and killed for my trouble.
    As the killcam ends, it shows the round is over. The victory screen would have been shown during the killcam time.
    Suicide mission to save the others to complete the goal, because as Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

18. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

i agree completely i cant think of how many times i lost a game with 4 golds and preceded to loose more competitive rank than what i gain from a win with roughly the same score, it feels like a really flawed system especially when people of far higher ranks sneak into your match making pool.

19. Lydiasaurus

I did a fan art :3

14680517_1721301424861827_8271366021344598366_n.jpg

5L0TH likes this.
  20. Hampshire Brony

[​IMG]

Not a dwarf.

Lydiasaurus likes this.