1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Photography

Discussion in 'Technology & Internets' started by PinkieBry, 12 July 2013.

1. Ursa

Ursa A Bear in pony suit >.>

Thank you for your input. looking at the pump pictures I can see what you mean. As well as with the Lick of paint photo. ( though was a bit of a throw away shot ) I do think it's an occasional failing of mine to be a bit lax on framing a shot. Always working on it though :)

2. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

So I do photography as a bit of a hobby. Here are some of my photos. I apologise for the low quality, all of these were taken on my phone, I have yet to scour my camera for worthy pictures. Also I know they probably aren't very good, but I thought maybe I could contribute
    _20141114_150217.JPG IMG_20150212_133148628.jpg IMG_20150216_110727.jpg IMG_20150615_203420686.jpg IMG_20150615_204106450.jpg IMG_20150627_142403745_HDR.jpg IMG_20150811_134609629.jpg IMG_20150811_134621930.jpg

Loganberry, Ursa and CrikeyoRilley like this.
  3. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

I'm liking the down bottle ones, interesting idea, might give that a go due to usually having an abundance of bottles in hand or around. Stick with it and snap away. A main reason I got this LG phone was so I can snap more when needed, camera phones are ace, keep it up.

Bexy164 likes this.
  4. Bexy164

Yeah, the down the bottle ones are some of my favourites actually . I just think they always look really nice

5. Ursa

Aye you have some really interesting shots some real nice work.

6. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'll be boring and join the people saying the bottle pics are really striking. Always a fantastic advantage for a photographer, that, being able to spot an interesting new angle on something. :) And though it's a bit more of a standard shot, I also like the tree photo at the start. Colourful leaves are always fun to snap.

Bexy164 likes this.
  7. Bexy164

Yeah, I didn't have time to properly play around with the angle on the tree one. I was walking out of school and just thought it was so pretty I had to grab a photo. So I grabbed one as I was walking by and it turned out better than I thought it would

8. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

9. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

10. Ursa

[​IMG]
    Took this while visiting my friends farm. (that place provides an endless supply of dopey dog and horse humour) however upon closer inspection I found I'd caught my hand in the reflection. It still makes for an odd photo.
    [​IMG]
    Daawww look he thinks he's people :p

#110 Ursa, 11 September 2015
    Last edited: 11 September 2015
    Bexy164 likes this.
  11. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Something I might have observed among photographers I've come across is they tend to use telephoto lenses almost always when they're too far away from the subject and want to bring it closer. This is fine, this is part of their job as telephoto lenses, but I found use for them outside of that while looking up techniques like the Brenizer effect.

See, as you extend the focal length, you'll get far less depth of field depending on where your subject and focus is, which means you can get very nice subject separation in your shots sometimes moreso than you would with a 'standard' lens wide open.
    All of this brings me to these next photos. See, I was bored earlier so I just sat outside on the patio for a bit with the biggest lens I have, the 55-250mm IS STM (kit lens, if you're wondering) and just snapped some photos of stuff.

[​IMG]IMG_5014_DxO by KazoBrit, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_5016_DxO by KazoBrit, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_5027_DxO by KazoBrit, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_5030_DxO by KazoBrit, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_5033_DxO by KazoBrit, on Flickr

Even though these were shot at f5.6 to f8.0, they have an incredibly shallow depth of field thanks to the focal length and subject distance, which was usually around a meter or so in front of the lens.

MontyM, Loganberry and Bexy164 like this.
  12. ecmc1093

ecmc1093 floof

Some stuff from when I went to the British Wildlife Centre

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last one is my personal favourite.

13. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Some of my favourites from my recent trip to Italy.

CrikeyoRilley, Loganberry and Bexy164 like this.
  14. CrikeyoRilley

I do love a bit of Bokeh! Some good photos there.

15. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

So who's been out taking photos of the Super Moon tonight? I've just finished and some of the shots are just... Amazing.

16. CrikeyoRilley

Me me me, but I have no confidence in my 55-210 any more. i'll look at the results later on after a snooze. It was very pretty though.

17. electrokitty

Hmm, I seem to have had a bit of a problem with my camera. It's eaten the SD card. I've got all the photos off via USB cable however the card seems to be firmly jammed in there (and also the write protection switch seems to have been enabled). Don't suppose anyone has had a similar issue before/advice on how to remove it without disassembling the whole Camera?

If worse comes to worse I can probably disassemble the camera and put it back together, I have done so with a similar model before to repair a broken mode selection switch but it was a pain to do so. I suppose it could also be time for a new Camera as I've had this one nearly 4 years now and it would be nice to get a proper DSLR or maybe just something with a better sensor and manual focusing.

18. CrikeyoRilley

Not seen that fault before, apart from being carful that's all really advice wise. Does it usually push click and come out? Maybe some long nose pliers to see if the catch hasn't caught the card and it can be gently pulled back out?

19. CrikeyoRilley

Got a few a few good ones, if I'd have known (or looked in advance) that the sky was going to be as clear as it was id of got out of time to a hill where there was no light pollution. I was a twinkle in my parents eye when the last one was here and it looks like i'll be 49 when the next comes around... But the camera I have know will probably be inbuilt into my eyes through some prosthetic body mod of the future!

Going to Poland on Friday, so will be around snapping looking for some inspiration.

DSC02731.jpg DSC02736.jpg DSC02738.jpg DSC02744.jpg

Bexy164 likes this.
  20. electrokitty

Yep, that's the one. When I first noticed the problem it pushed out a little way but wouldn't come any further and after pushing it back in again to save the photos and try wiggling it about to get whatever's jammed dislodged it no longer even clicks in to pop out at all. The slot is quite flush and there's not really any way I could get anything else in there to pull it out in the current situation.

Slightly unfortunate but I think my only option now is to disassemble the whole camera as I don't really want to damage it with brute force trying to pull the card out.