1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Play Music Issues

Discussion in 'Community Suggestions' started by Bexy164, 3 February 2016.

1. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

Sometimes, on my Android phone, when I am using Google play music to listen to things, if I try to use the forum through my web browser on my phone, chrome, it cuts out for no reason and I have to go back to play music to get it to play again. I just thought this was an issue with raising
    Bexy

2. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

That might be a quirk with some budget android phones. If you're using something like a Moto E or Moto G, the system will often not like RAM hogging apps like Play Music or Chrome and will sometimes close one of the apps in order to make sure the RAM isn't overfilled.
    I would suggest either using a different browser (Firefox and Opera are both good alternatives) or take a look at which apps are taking over RAM in the settings and closing them.

3. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

Ah, I use a Moto G. I'll just live with it if it's the phones thing. I can do that

4. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

Yeah, until very recently, I had a Moto G and really, of you tried multitasking with it playing music from Play Music and had another app open, the thing would just hate that and slow to a snail's pace. It often also struggled with the Tumblr app often crashing. Really, I'd just call it a quirk with the Moto G.

5. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Yes, this does sound like it's an issue with the phone rather than the forum. When running low on RAM Android will try and close or swap anything not currently open to free it up. I'm surprised it would prioritise chrome over playing music though as music is a fairly light task and chrome can use quite a bit, especially on complex websites such as this. Be sure to close anything else you're not using as well at the time and see if the issue persists.

Does this issue occur with google play music and other memory intensive apps (or other similarly complex webpages with chrome)? It might be worth checking your RAM usage, you should be able to do this by going to settings>applications>running. If the usage is high, it's probably a safe bet that it's the cause of the problems. You could try what @vaska00762 has suggested and use another browser, I used to use Opera Mobile on an old phone which was very good at being resource-light but I've not used it for many years so can't comment on how useful it is today.

Of course, failing all of that you could also try tapatalk which is supported by the forum, that will almost certainly be a lot lighter on RAM than having chrome render the whole page (although won't look as pretty).

Bexy164 likes this.