1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Arlo, 2 March 2012.

?

Favourite Generation?

1. Generation 1

53 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. Generation 2

38 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Generation 3

37 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. Generation 4

21 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Generation 5

13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

nice to see pokken is getting new pokemon, id personally love to see absol make an appearance.

Thorn likes this.
  2. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

More evolutions. Less than a week until the special demo comes out:

Robshi likes this.
  3. Cendaquenta

Oooooooooh. :eek:

Multi-Attack is an amazing move. Shame the Pokémon doesn't interest me.
    Jangmo-o's evolutions look great, was planning to train me up one of those anyway so I'm really glad it doesn't turn into something disappointing.
    Steenee's very cute. I don't like Tsareena at all though, it follows the trend of, for lack of a more appropriate word, "sexy" Pokémon designs which I find rather disturbing.
    Alolan Grimer and Muk are appealing in their absolute garishness. Seem to be based on oil spills... huh...

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Those are some intriguing new Pokemon. I love the look of Jangmo-o. I may be very tempted to train one up when I pick up a copy of the game. Alolan Grimer and Muk look rather interesting too. That dual typing is very cool since the dark type covers up a few of its weaknesses.

I just hope we actually have some surprises left when the games actually come out! These trailers are showing off everything. :eek:

5. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

My Jangmo-o will be better than yours. ;0

Robshi likes this.
  6. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Heh, why am I not surprised that you're eager to train one too? You do love your fighting types don't ya? ;)

7. Cendaquenta

Do game demos cost anything? I've never played one before so I'm not sure how they work.
    Also, can you catch Pokémon in the demo or do you only get Ash-Greninja? And if you can catch others, can you transfer them to the main game too?

8. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

The demo is free and I think Ash-Greninja comes with it, also you can transfer him to the full game when it comes out.

9. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

ASOR Demo was free so this should be to.

10. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Demo is out everyone.

11. Thorn

Demo is out and... I can't play it yet since there's not enough free space on my 3DS. Good excuse as ever to buy a new Micro SD card I guess.

12. Cendaquenta

Well, the demo was fun! Interestingly it seems like you have to come back to it again and again for more content - there's a girl who's going to introduce you to somebody in 5 days, a guy whose Pikachu's birthday is in 12 days, a "shady deal" going down on the marina in (I think) 18 days, and a girl who wants moral support to get on a boat in 20-something days.

13. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Going to download the demo in a bit

14. Cendaquenta

Apparently the full Pokédex has been leaked, new Pokémon and new Alola forms. Proves once and for all that the starter evolutions are in fact real, so that's egg on my face. I don't want to give myself ALL the spoilers, but I wish there was a list or video or something that just gave the Alola forms and their typings without showing what they look like, I'm really curious.

15. Thorn

The final evolutions were leaked a while ago, even though they were unconfirmed. Aside from one of the new Alola Forms, that's the only information I know from the leak (and I only know it merely because I was curious). And I'm keeping it that way until I play the game, or Nintendo reveals something in an official trailer.

Really is weird to think WHY Game Freak had the entire Pokedex in the Demo of all things. Perhaps it's to do with transferring Ash-Greninja to the main game, but surely it would save on memory to download if they had kept it limited to the Pokemon you see. I dunno, I'm not a programmer. In any case, if you guys want to talk leaks in this thread from now on, please use spoiler tags.

16. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

the thing i find most stupid is that they know how poorly people received emboar in B/W and they go and pretty much make the same pokemon again, its unfortunate but Litten had such potential and they threw it away, kinda think the series needs a new team of pokemon designers with some fresh idea's.

17. Cendaquenta

Oh come now, Litten's evolution is magnitudes less ugly than Emboar. :p I mean, if it was on four legs, more like the mid-stage, it'd actually be cool. But the fire starters do have this seeming tendency to turn out... unfortunate.

18. Thorn

Ouch, my feelings:

Robshi, Cendaquenta and sean retro like this.
  19. Thorn

No leaks are stopping the Pokemon company.
    (To those who chose Litten, my condolences)

20. Cendaquenta

[Was about to post that myself.]

... Welp.

Decidueye looks good, although I can see the name tripping a lot of people up. I like the pun though.
    Incineroar - yeah, nigh everybody already hates it, I don't see that changing. It looks even more goofy in-game than in the images we'd seen so far.
    Primarina is gorgeous. Rowlet's definitely the starter for me, but if I'd still been undecided, I'd've been picking Popplio in a millisecond.

The Tapu are cool, I suppose. I don't know, somehow I just can't get very interested in them. I like that there's a Poni Island. :p And its Tapu shares a colour scheme with Luna!

Cosmog - adorable.
    Alolan Persian... less adorable, but I feel quite bad for it after seeing so much talk about how "ugly" it is. C'mon, it's not that bad. It's actually kind of funny how the Alolan Meowth line reverses the dynamic of the Kanto Meowth line - Kanto Meowth is funny-looking but its evolution is pretty, whereas Alola Meowth is pretty and its evolution is the funny-looking one.

The League not being built yet is weird. So is it going to be built during the game's story, or are we going to have to wait for "Pokémon Eclipse" or somesuch to get a League? Being able to battle with characters from previous games - neat, although I can't get as excited about it as somebody who's played all the games right from the start could. Seeing grown-up Red and Blue is certainly very cool though.