1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Arlo, 2 March 2012.

?

Favourite Generation?

1. Generation 1

53 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. Generation 2

38 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Generation 3

37 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. Generation 4

21 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Generation 5

13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

OHKO hasn't always been the case with Z-Moves as I found out in its early stages but I'm set to clear the league as soon as possible. I'm 8 hours in yet to leave the first island. It's the pacing of the recent games I'm stuck with and I could have already achieved a lot from the earlier gens in that time.

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yeah you lose like the first 2 hours to the who the next day, the door bell rings loop.

3. Cendaquenta

Speaking of, Kukui has terrible manners, just waltzes in before you even get to the door. :p

4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I know right, he is family so its slightly less bad lol still not sure what he actually does proffeser wise lol

5. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

i actually only had 4 pokemon for most of the game, it wasnt untill i actually caught lunala that i got my 5th.

6. Cendaquenta

Just started on the postgame Ultra Beast missions and it's confusing already. Ran all around the volcano park and Diglett's Tunnel, scary music everywhere but no actual UB-01... what do you have to do?

7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Are you using repel? If you do they won't appear, I made that in mistake in diglett tunnel.
    They should just appear where wild pokes normally do.

#4787 Wonderbolt, 6 December 2016
    Last edited: 6 December 2016
  8. Cendaquenta

... That'd explain it. Thanks much.

Wonderbolt likes this.
  9. Corduroy Road

@Cuttleshock, there's nothing quite like catching a (hopefully) permanent addition to the team with a premier ball and finding out its stats are perfect on the first go.

10. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

Oh, I haven't been on this thread forever for spoiler-avoidance purposes, so thanks for thinking of me! Yeah, I encountered my first ever non-chained Shiny in my run through Sun and caught her in a Premier Ball; her Nature is pretty lame but I don't care much.

Anyway, still very early in the game (33 hours and just completed the third trial...) so I'll continue staying away from here until further notice.

11. Corduroy Road

Ah, but... the 3DS I'm playing it from has seen better years and an unexpected knock can shut down the handheld. I got to be more careful while multitasking and get my 2 levels back from the Pokedude I'm training.

12. Cendaquenta

Is the Haina Desert supposed to be really, um, trippy or is my game going on the fritz? It seems to have areas that endlessly repeat - you go into the next area and it's just the same one over again, and at the start, there's an item behind a wall of rocks to the left of you that you have to go right to access. :confused:

13. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

you could say its a maze, there is a route you have to follow otherwise you do just loop.

Cendaquenta likes this.
  14. Cuttleshock

I've reverted to playing Shuffle again. There're gonna be Gen 7 updates! I was ecstatic when I heard.

I can't wait to get out of Alola. If nothing else about the games, I really, really dislike the region.

15. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

You mean you stopped playing Shuffle at one point? I can't quit!

What don't you like about Alola? I'm rather enjoying it so far, although I'm still currently on the third island.

16. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I have to say I didn't like how small Alola felt, you never really felt like you were on a long journey.

Cuttleshock and Geoff_the_Melon like this.
  17. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

Personally, I'm rather fond of Alola. I certainly love its Pokemon

18. Cuttleshock

Haha, not at all! I just dropped down to using 10-15 Hearts a day instead of 25-30 while I was busy in Sun.
    Partly what Wonderbolt said, definitely. It thoroughly lacks intrigue in paths to take - Akala probably does the best job, and otherwise, the islands feel awfully linear.

I also dislike the lack of enclosed spaces. Sick by now of seeing the coast so much of the time. Generally tired of the Hawai'ian feel, partly because we just had a sunny region in Hoenn last time.

I miss trees and passageway dungeons. I miss trainers inside dungeons. Diglett's Tunnel (EDIT: and Victory Road, for the latter) is basically the only example of the latter two, and Lush Jungle is so small that it doesn't do it for my tree quota. I'm sick of palm trees.

Possibly the most objectively, what is with towns?? There are a mere seven of them, discounting two technicalities on Ula'Ula. This is part of what makes the region so tiny and feel so empty. Also, there's only one that exits in more than two Routes, Heahea. A statistic from Bulbapedia that I love: in Lumiose City, there are 416 people. In all populated areas of Alola put together, there are 392.

#4798 Cuttleshock, 25 January 2017
    Last edited: 26 January 2017
    Kemaiku and Geoff_the_Melon like this.
  19. Cuttleshock

Hey, Pokémon Shuffle! Because that's the only relevant game right now.

I've been extremely extravagant recently, kinda in celebration of the new updates. Caught a mass of Pokémon to bring my present total to 739, but I'm presently totally broke.

I'm currently trying to grind through Mission Cards and, like, wow... Yveltal's mission on Card 9 is probably the hardest one in the game. 'Clear 40 black clouds' requires over 70 seconds, comfortably, but that's all you have without spending Jewels. Gotta look into Yveltal Special Stages in future, though they probably won't come for a while now.

Bexa164 likes this.
  20. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Well, we just had some big Pokemon news:

For me the exciting news is Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I'm hoping these are proper sequels like in the fifth generation. I really loved the Sun and Moon games and getting a sequel to them will be really cool.

It's also sweet that we can play the original Gold and Silver again on the 3DS. It will make it easier for those who missed the gen 4 remakes to go and play them again. I can't believe how expensive copies of Heart Gold and Soul Silver are going for these days, they're worth more now than when they were first released! :eek: