1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Arlo, 2 March 2012.

?

Favourite Generation?

1. Generation 1

52 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Generation 2

37 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Generation 3

37 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Generation 4

21 vote(s)
    13.1%
  5. Generation 5

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Geoff_the_Melon

Geoff_the_Melon Mr. Melon, Bazillionaire

Hm. Still not a fan of the Alola region but I may have to get this game anyway.

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Still not really a fan of the ultra beast thing tbh

3. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Looking at the latest UB, I'm now convinced that you need to be a hopeless acid casualty to work at Game Freak ....

Good to see Guzma's coming back, though.

4. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

What's with the moustache twirling? XD

Still going with the abundance of legendaries and the contrived 'Formes' thing, I see. Never been a fan of it - traditional evolutions are good enough for me.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  5. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

I hunger for battle.

6. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Rainbow Rocket, though?!

OK, so it makes sense in terms of the role Necrozma evidently plays but I can't help thinking "Prepare for trouble and make it fabulous!" - I really hope we get the chance to battle Jessie and James, though, especially as it would appear that baddies from previous gens will be appearing.

Bexy164 and Cendaquenta like this.
  7. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock grr...

I'm just frantically trying to piece together how this can work consistently with the story of past games... it doesn't look likely, so it may be that we'll have to chalk this down as non-canon or something. Loads doesn't make sense about it, most of all the fact that most team leaders (Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Lysandre) have a specific goal and don't just want, like, money and stuff.

8. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Half expected James to be running it with that name... oh, Irregular beat me to the punchline.
    (That would be cool though.)

Lot of interesting stuff in that trailer. I do hope the Ultra Wormholes with legendaries won't give the player as much of a runaround as their ORAS counterparts, though.

9. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yeah I am guessing its another meh post game story thing or a battle frontier type thing rather than a proper part of the story.

10. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock grr...

Definitely post-game, with a Level 65 Mewtwo like that. But compared to the last few post-games, it's looking like USUM will be pretty strong, so I'm actually quite happy with it happening after the League.

11. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I dunno as long its a story based post game (rather than a battle frontier with competitive rules) and its longer than just an hour or twos playtime running after looker am happy.
    Still think GSC\HGSS had the best post game which has never been beaten yet.

12. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

They have a thing for rainbows lately huh? Anyone seen the movie?
    Saw it yesterday with the local PoGo peeps and enjoyed it. It's about rainbows and friendship so I can only imagine what other successful series they're inspired by ;)

It's one of these "alternate timeline" kind of deals like the new Star Trek movies and weird seeing Ash take a different path somewhat, but I've come to accept that parallel universe reboots are A Thing nowadays and that's how I get around the issue of them otherwise undoing established canon.

13. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Does anyone remember Detective Pikachu?

Stop eating my money Nintendo.

Thorn, TheDashingJack and Robshi like this.
  14. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

While this thread's being resurrected, there's also this. Anyone else have the Switch version of Pokken? It might be a case of too little too late to some, but I'm happy the Switch is letting this game breathe some new life. And being to play as my favourite Pokemon of all time? Yes please! (Well, Squirtle is technically my favourite, but still)

15. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

I already have Pokken on Wii U, but considering the Switch version has a much better roster and a better resolution I'm considering selling my current copy.

16. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock grr...

Nah, I've got Pokkén on Wii U and it's not adequately my kind of game to warrant double-dipping. The DLC actually does nothing for me, because £13.50 for two fighters?? Stings.

17. Osakadragon

Osakadragon Recognised Pony

I'm so happy that this got localises, as with the announcement of the movie I was thinking "hey why release the movie without the game" and thankfully it happened.