1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponies invading your day

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Keated, 11 January 2013.

1. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Once again Tara Strong surprises me with a voice credit. This time I was watching the Studio Ghibli anime film Spirited Away and she voices the baby of all things. :eek:

2. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

2:29-3:00 "The steam train along that line, which was also a single carriage, was known as a 'jinny' or a 'jenny', as in the female donkey, not the girls' name. The nickname seems to have transferred over to The District after after the Hammersmith and Chiswick Line closed. Transport historian J.E. Connor says the service was also known as 'The Pony', which I've not seen referenced anywhere else, but I would guess that the electric train was seen as being faster than the old steam train."

Guess which colourful equines he showed on the screen when he mentioned "The Pony". :p

3. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Haha now that's what were missing, any TOC's want to introduce a new flagship service (preferably diagrammed by HST) and call it 'The Pony'? I could picture The Pony roaring down the main line at 125mph, so much better than the boring train names they seem to give now.

janglehooves likes this.
  4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I actually saw a news article today where psychologists said that kids should enjoy the summer instead of being focused on catching up in education, and the photo featured two girls playing. One of them was wearing a Rainbow Dash T-shirt. Kinda cool to see ponies invading the news indirectly.

Loganberry and Blissful690 like this.
  5. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

janglehooves and Oilyvalves like this.
  6. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I hadn't heard the name Verity in ages, so my brain just autocorrects to Rarity...

7. Blissful690

Blissful690 Insert image of Starlight Glimmer here

I'm sure most, if not all of us are gonna have ponies invading our day for the next few weeks because of this, especially if we're out and about:
    [​IMG] I'm sure this is the first time anything My Little Pony related has been advertised on a bus. The Friendship Bus advertisting the 2017 movie doesn't count since it wasn't a public service bus.

Robshi likes this.
  8. Cendaquenta

My mother is watching a Netflix show called "Maid" and showed me a clip. One of the episodes is actually called "Ponies" and features the main character's young daughter receiving a large bag of secondhand pony toys as a gift. Most are either off-brand or I think G3 ponies but I definitely spotted a couple of Rainbow Dashes and a Shining Armour. :D

Robshi likes this.
  9. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've had a pony invade my day and not realised it until much later. I've been hooked to Coldplay's new song Coloratura, listening to it loads of times. I then finished my rewatch of Season 5 only to see the episode introducing Countess Coloratura, or Rara as Applejack calls her. It was quite the realisation that I was amazed by. How did I forget about that character!?

janglehooves and Blissful690 like this.
  10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time a couple of days ago and I recognised the voice of Shining Armour as Chiaki. I was surprised at how many other pony voice actors were in that film though. Shannon Chan-Kent, Brian Drummond, Nicole Oliver and Tabitha St Germain all had voice credits too!

11. Blissful690

Well, that comes as no surprise, seeing as it was dubbed by Ocean Productions.

12. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

In Worcester on Saturday, I passed by one of those shops that sells discount toys and suchlike. On the table outside was a battery-powered doll doing twirls and so on to the accompaniment of tinny music from an internal speaker.

The song playing? "Babs Seed." o_O

Robshi and Blissful690 like this.
  13. Blissful690

Sounds like one of those Chinese bootlegs.

Loganberry likes this.
  14. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Only medium sneaky!

So, I’m watching an episode of The X-Files, a really old one ‘Born Again’ from the first season, would have been filmed around 1994.

One of the characters is played by a very young Andrea Libman (she’s playing a creepy little girl whose psychokinetic)
    EEBEC73B-4467-4129-8D60-51263689134E.jpeg

CuldeeFell and Loganberry like this.
  15. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Reading Amazon reviews of a book called Factfulness, and near the bottom of the list of press reviews was this gem:

"Bestselling books about statistics are as rare as unicorns. One that gets to No.1 is as rare as a lunar unicorn."

I mean, there is only the one Princess Luna!

16. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Only medium sneaky!

Another day, another pony actor in the X-Files. This time Matt Hill (Soarin’) was in a season 2 episode called Fresh Bones.

Loganberry and Bridle Timeout like this.