1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponies invading your day

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Keated, 11 January 2013.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

You're not colour-blind, are you?

2. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Maybe Lyra on t' green one.

3. Cuttleshock

Yes... is it really so hard to see it? From left to right, they almost perfectly match the colour scheme of Pinkie Pie, Lyra, and Princess Cadance.

4. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Well I am a bit, but I didn't think I was that bad...

5. PegaSyptic Gypsy

PegaSyptic Gypsy Animated Equine Enthusiast

Going to McDonald's... Need I say more XD
    Also when ever I'm in the dining room, they have different fruit stuff each day... Apples... Everywhere.
    And my library is enormous, I keep thinking, wow, twilight would love this.
    And then there's the fact that we have hands, and I'm like, Lyra be jelly.

6. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

There's an area called Brabourne Gardens or something in Preston Grange.
    When I used to deliver papers I always passed and area called Ewen Court. (Guess why it reminds me.)
    I always wonder about what could be an MLP game or even put them in other games (if there's a custom characters option I'm online looking for MLP customs. I'm looking at you, Soul Calibur V).

7. The Hindmost

The Hindmost I believe in Cranky Cool

At work we have a role that shifts between people called 'Batch Upgrade Coordinator' or BUC for short. As I'm the BUC at the moment, I couldn't stop myself from marking on my time-sheet that I spent several hours last week Bucking.

8. Fireseeker

Fireseeker (George E) Destroyer of Marshmallow

Pony-mode activated when:
    - Anyone says "cooler"
    - I hear an "Aww yeah!" of any kind
    - I see a Skoda Octavia
    - I see anything apple related
    - I watch any type of cartoon

Dash likes this.
  9. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

Dunno if this would be them invading my day, seeing as that pretty much happens wenever I get my laptop out (Which is covered with, among other stickers, MLP stickers, as well as a changng cycle of MLP wallpapers), but I did have a very cool encounter at uni a while back.

Among my group of friends at uni, there is one guy, who on first glnce seems like your standard rough London teen. But he is much more intelligent than he looks, often drawing our entire clique into fairly intense, but altogether good-natured debates about all sorts of stuff like pilosophy, religion, and so forth. Then one day, I catch him eyeballing the front of my laptop, and I fear the worst.

"Those are from that My Little Pony thing, right?" he says with a grin. I nod nervously. And what does he say next?"

He grins from ear to ear and says "F***in' awesome man, those ponies are hardcore!"

I think there was a dent in the table from how hard my jaw dropped. Turns out he babysits his niece sometimes, and she watches the show, so he watches it with her too. And you know what? He thinks it's a great show! He thought the animation was nice, the characters were really fleshed out, and the morals it had were great for kids. He also thinks the fandom itself is awesome too, being so creative and so dedicated to what they love. It doesn't sound like he's a brony, but he's certainly pro-brony, and it sure was one hell of an ice-breaker between us.

10. Twily

Twily Active Pony

I was doing a maths exam and every pony song under the sun was stuck in my head XD My brain liked to put Babs Seed on repeat a lot :3

11. Cuttleshock

Quite often when I'm doing a big exam, my brain puts a catchy song on loop and I work to the rhythm of the music. Those are not infrequently from MLP.

12. Twily

Twily Active Pony

For the 2nd maths paper there was a question on the mean weight of apples and my finger slipped and now Applebloom is on my GCSE paper XD D'ya think they'll give me extra marks for a pony drawing?

Hironolind likes this.
  13. CJJ

CJJ Evenin' All

If they have any sense they will give you extra marks
    (especially since your drawing the best pony's sister :p)
    (yes them's is fightin' words:D)

#93 CJJ, 4 March 2013
    Last edited: 4 March 2013
  14. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

I'm so glad it's not just me! :D

Luna Loon likes this.
  15. Dash

Dash Well played Fluttershy, well played.

I set the text colours on my work software last week to aquamarine and gold, so now I'm reminded of Lyra all day. :D

Keated likes this.
  16. Ganelon

Ganelon Active Pony

I'm not sure if this is really on topic, but a few weeks ago I was in HMV changing the iPad backgrounds to the BUCK logo (as you do).
    I'm always on the lookout, especially around the time school gets out, because there are some pretty geeky schools where I'm at and as we all know, 87% of bronies are geeks. So, anyway, I was whistling Winter Wrap Up pretty loudly as I walked around trying to find a Foo Fighters album. Then I looked up an one of the cashiers was staring at me, like in disbelief. I wasn't buying anything, and I had to leave to catch my bus, so I gave him a grin and made a "brohoof" sign in the air, which was tentatively returned. I didn't know what to do; I couldn't just walk up to a working cashier (it was a busy day in that HMV) so I just walked out to catch my bus. Ended up having to run for it; dumb missing Foo Fighters album.
    I've never seen the same guy in that HMV. Maybe he quit, or maybe I'm just in when he's not on a shift. But it makes me try extra hard to whistle something pony while out and about.

Keated likes this.
  17. YuseiDash626

YuseiDash626 Ponies and Card Games, 20% cooler

Whenever i see Skoda Octavia's i automatically go into Brony mode, plus when i see Braeburn apples in the shops i get this uncontrolable urge to yell APPLELOOSA...

18. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Braeburn apples taste horrible. I prefer Gala.

19. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

I still prefer granny smiths, personally.

And MLP ruined that phrase.

20. Ganelon

Ganelon Active Pony

Yeah, crisp Royal Gala apples rule.