1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponies On A Train 2: The Return! 8th Nov 2019

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by HypnoHooves, 27 August 2019.

1. HypnoHooves

HypnoHooves Habitual Pony

PONIES ON A TRAIN 2 - The Return! 8th Nov 2019 To BronyScot!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to our sixth (or seventh) meeting of 2019. Every UK pony is welcome to this gathering of the Lancashire herd having a temporary migration up for scotland for BonyScot for the 2nd time

Yes fluttershy again has made sure the snakes are away, and she doesnt like flying, so we all are on a train to Glasgow for BronyScot 2018! Poneis from across England are joining us in Coach D on this train ( Preston 12:53 ) in the high numbered seats (50's and 60's) on a journey up to BronyScot – remember select seats in this location. As high a seat number as possible

Even if you are not coming to Bronyscot and are local, please join us for the lunchtime meet!

Ponies are confirmed from the Midlands, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Carlise

This makes the journey FUN! the party starts early. Note: Virgin trains serve Cider... rainbow dash is advised not to consume too much be kind to the non ponies around us so no music please..

Schedule 8th Nov

11:00 Meet up at the Station Pub/Hotel in Butler Street for those getting in early to preston
    12:53 Get Train to Glasgow in Coach D Select seats 53 or higher
    1300-15:00 on the train play pony games, Buck Legacy is planned, including plushies on a train
    15:15 Reach Glasgow and go a pre meet in glasgow before Brony Scot

Schedule 11th Nov

12:00
    Get the train back to Preston select seats D 53 or higher
    12:30-14:30 Chat, Relax and enjoy the trip home sharing stories and ponymerch

Details:

BUCK Legacy
    Join us for a game playing this card based game of pony adventure, will you win? or will you all fail to defeat the bosses?

Prances
    new game from bronycon, want to give it a play?

Mares
    Another cardgame from bronycon, want to give it a play?

Plush Con.
    As usual... Bring your plushes, see if they can enjoy being part of the celebrations!for this train.

Travel Details:​

Outword train times

London [EUS] 09:43 £77 RETURN COST

Milton Keynes Central [MKC] 10:13

Coventry [COV] 10:42

Birmingham International [BHI] 10:53

Birmingham New Street [BHM] 11:15 £71 RETURN

Sandwell & Dudley [SAD] 11:23

Wolverhampton [WVH] 11:37

Crewe [CRE] 12:09

Warrington Bank Quay [WBQ] 12:27

Wigan North Western [WGN] 12:38

Preston (Lancs) [PRE] 12:53 £37 RETURN

Lancaster [LAN] 13:08

Oxenholme Lake District [OXN] 13:23

Carlisle [CAR] 14:00 £19.50 RETURN

RETURN train is 12:00 from Glasgow on the 11th

We will also occupy the station hotel a bit for those with split tickets. So not left alone in preston.

Want to travel cheaper? And have more time with Bronies?

split tickets are key to even cheap travel than the above rates. hence the layover in Preston between 11am and 1pm at the pub next to station to help and on return.. Preston to Glasgow is £32 and Birmingham to Preston can be got for £21 return –£53 total saving you £19 on the above.. They key is getting the cheaper trains such as the 9:15 from Birmingham which arrives in time for the meetup in Preston. Feel free to play with split tickets as far as Preston.- be aware that splitting going up to glasgow at Preston, and at Crewe on the way back is often the cheapest combo for London and Midlands.

Book quickly as prices only go up – in COACH D!

Venue maps
    [​IMG]

#1 HypnoHooves, 27 August 2019
    Last edited: 30 August 2019
    Robshi likes this.
  2. Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Hurricane Habitual Pony

I could do this, however I did snooker myself in only booking a hotel for the Friday and Saturday nights. Though I could book a hotel elsewhere for the Sunday night.

Edit: Booked a room for the Sunday night at the same hotel.

Edit 2: Booked a train from Preston to Glasgow, however I wan't given a choice on seat. I've been given a seat in coach F. However, I plan to sit with the rest of the group regardless.

#2 Hawker Hurricane, 28 August 2019
    Last edited: 28 August 2019
  3. Hawker Hurricane

Managed to get the seat changed.

4. HypnoHooves

you can select seats in many booking systems - but they often hide it. you can also call them to change seats sometimes. but if a seat is free you can change. virgintrains allow you to select your specific seat and most allow you to enter a specific seat number.

5. HypnoHooves

Also note if you go a station. they can select the specific seat for you. so can sit with us. trick for those not booking online!

6. Hawker Hurricane

Managed to get a seat confirmed. And my train should get into Preston at 11.39.