1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pony cosplay!

Discussion in 'Crafts and Cooking' started by I'dLikeToBeATree, 16 January 2014.

1. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

I didn't see a currently active thread about cosplay, so I hope it's okay if I start one ^^; I'm sure at least some of you around here participate in the noble tradition of dressing up like a cartoon horse, so let's talk cosplay! Have you done an MLP cosplay, be it for a con, fancy dress, Halloween or whatever? Which character(s) did you pick, or which would you most like to cosplay given the opportunity? Gjinka/human-style, or full-on fursuit? Any favourite or particularly memorable pony cosplays, worn by yourself or others? And just about anything else related to MLP cosplay you can think of ^.^

(Pictures are awesome, but please don't post anypony else's photos without their permission!)

I've been cosplaying, mostly with my friends who first got me into it, for about four years now and as soon as I got into MLP, I knew I had to cosplay Fluttershy ^.^ the first time was with my two friends, who were Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, at Alcon 2012:

[​IMG]

(yes, I had a basket of animals :p and Pinkie had a bunch of party hats, which she went around giving to everyone including some of the con guests, it was awesome XD) and I've worn it a couple of times since then since it's one of my favourite cosplays c: including this photoshoot-y thing last year.

I've also done Rarity:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I'm hoping to do Equestria Girls Fluttershy and/or Rarity sometime this year too (hopefully to BUCK if I can go!), but there are so many other ponies I'd like to try too, especially Trixie and Octavia~

so yes, please do come and share your pony-related cosplay stories/pics/tips/general thoughts/anything! ^.^

DerpyWhooves, Sweet Tale and Dax like this.
  2. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

I generally cosplay at brony meets and MCM, but only the characters who I can do passable voice impersonations of.

So far, in order of appearance I have done:

LezliDaxas80sCheerilee.jpg

Gotta Care Gotta Share Saloon girl Pinkie Pie (BUCK 2012)

Fluttershy (MCM 2012 & 2013 with my fiancé @BRJ as Big Mac)

052_zps59dde200.jpg

Angel Derpy (Christmas @the O2 2012)

Friendship is Witchcraft Twilight Sparkle

Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle ( I have yet to see a photo of this - anyone take one at October 2013 MCM???)

Nightmare Rarity from the comics (MCM Oct 2013)

Pinkie Pie's Boutique Pinkie Pie (MCM Oct 2013)

#2 Dax, 16 January 2014
    Last edited: 21 February 2014
  3. SmartyShy

SmartyShy Katie's huggie bear and Guardian Angel

I have only ever done 4 cosplays... 2 of them MLP (Flutterguy and my OC Thunder Runner) my 2 non MLP cosplays I feel much more comfortable in and doing (both Supernatural) Dean Winchester and a human Impala (Dean's car)

Dax likes this.
  4. I'dLikeToBeATree

Very nice! ^.^ oh, I might have seen your Nightmare Rarity at MCM! At least, I saw a Nightmare Rarity this October, and they don't seem to be too common :p I think it was when I was doing regular flavour Rarity...well anyway, if it was you, you looked awesome XD

I'm pretty rubbish at voice impressions, but I'm told I do a decent "yay" when I'm Fluttershy :p

Cool, I've seen a lot of SPN cosplays at cons too c: I don't watch the show but I see enough of it on tumblr and stuff to recognize the characters, lol. it's nice to do cosplays with pretty normal clothes but still easily recognizable as the character! and yeah, I guess your pony options are slightly more limited if you're a guy! I don't think I've actually seen any male Fluttershys (do you do the voice too? XD) so that's cool :D

Dax likes this.
  5. SmartyShy

I did the deep voice from "Bridle gossip" xD flutterguy.jpg
    Guess what one I am :p

I'dLikeToBeATree and Dax like this.
  6. Dax

There were two of us floating around. My dress was more revealing than the other Nightmare Rarity's.

I will add some pics to my original post a bit later.

SmartyShy likes this.
  7. SmartyShy

Wasn't that the one you did at the 2013 o2 xmas meet? Also I seem to have a picture of your angel Derpy cosplay from the 2012 meet xD

#7 SmartyShy, 16 January 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: 21 February 2014
    Dax likes this.
  8. Dax

I'd forgotten that, I'll add Derpy to the list. Would I be able to have a copy of the pic please? Thank you! :)

Yes I did wear that cosplay again at the Christmas @the O2 meet. :)

9. SmartyShy

No problem, it's gonna have a bit of me in but you can trim that off :p

Derpy Dax and Sulli Shy.jpg

Dax likes this.
  10. Hampshire Brony

Hampshire Brony Shaun of the dead

I did a newer version of that, which won a rosette at PonyCon, but the photo of that has got someone else in it.

I'dLikeToBeATree, SmartyShy and Dax like this.
  11. Dax

Ah, thank you! :) Rather than post a second time in the same thread I have linked it to your post.

12. SmartyShy

No dramas :)

13. I'dLikeToBeATree

lol, awesome XD and I love that Run CMC shirt :p

Aw, Flutterguy and angel Derpy! Super cute ^.^

I love it! So dapper~ I really want to do Octavia one day too c:

SmartyShy, Hampshire Brony and Dax like this.
  14. Dax

There's some pics now on my OP, including Nightmare Rarity. Was that me you saw or the other one?

15. SmartyShy

Hehe thanks :) that shirt is one of my faves :) I'll see if I can find my SPN cosplays aswell :)

16. I'dLikeToBeATree

hmm, I'm not...totally sure, sorry ^^;; but I think the one I saw had a curly wig? So it probably wasn't you :c but yours looks fabulous, anyway! I love the wig colour and your necklace :D

17. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

I'm a seasoned cosplayer :D

I've been cosplaying for well over 10 years at this point, most of my costumes come from various sci-fi shows (see: Farscape, Stargate ...) Though I have done sort of pony cosplays a couple of times at the two christmas O2 meets.

Christmas '12 I did Soarin' in his uniform from the end of A Canterlot Wedding and Christmas '13 I did EqG Flash Sentry - that one was awesome because it was almost what I wear daily anyway (I like it when you get do costumes like that :D) Sadly I don't think there are any photos of those floating about anywhere.

I've been slowly working on a better Soarin' costume, I was aiming to get it done for Christmas but couldn't find the right material, I'm going to keep at it though, you never know I might actually make an appearance at MCM this year ;)

I'dLikeToBeATree and Dax like this.
  18. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Did my first ever cosplay at last October's MCM and had an amazing time, even if almost no one recognised it (not surprising though considering how obscure a character Blackjack is).

Sadly I managed to scrounge together all of like three pictures of me, two of which came off of my own camera. Bit of a shame but there we go, if anyone else has any kicking around (maybe from some of the group shots), I'd really appreciate it if you'd share them.

[​IMG]

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  19. Nahterpie

Nahterpie Singin' in the Rain

Alcoooooonnnn!

Ahem. Anyway. Some really awesome cosplays in this thread! I want to cosplay as young Princess Luna so bad. I've only done cosplay once ever so far! So I'm sure I have years ahead of me now to dress up and be many different characters.

20. Tornadopelt

Tornadopelt New Pony

I don't really do cosplaying, sorry. I do make comics, though.