1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pony cosplay!

Discussion in 'Crafts and Cooking' started by I'dLikeToBeATree, 16 January 2014.

1. vinylicious

didn't see this thread when I made a cosplay thread in artists D: oops (sorry every pony. should I delete that thread?)
    but yeah heres a pic from uk pony con with me as vinyl and @I'dLikeToBeATree as octavia

[​IMG]

I wish to give more wubs next con though (As my speaker ran out about half hour in)

2. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

UK Ponycon was a great cosplay weekend ^_^ doing Vinyl and Octavia with @vinylicious on Saturday, and here's some of my Sunset Shimmer from Sunday:
    sunsetcp1.jpg
    sunsetcp3.jpg

there's more TaviScratch here and Sunset here! /shameless self promotion :p

Next up is fiiiinally finishing my Sonata Dusk in time for BronyScot in November~ it's a pretty busy few months con-wise, not that I'm complaining lol ^_^

3. Teamidris

Teamidris Engineer, Writer & Cosplay

The book was a nice touch :)

4. BronyMedic

BronyMedic Equestrian Ambulance Service Trust

Old set of headphones? Check
    Some spare paints? Check
    Evening available? Check

Result (some touching up to do but I'm happy). Considering these were plain grey when I started too!

Headphones.jpg

5. vinylicious

there awesome :D soo much neater then mine :/

6. BronyMedic

I wouldn't say that, yours look pretty good and goes well with your cosplay which is all that's needed!

7. BronyMedic

Ugh, didn't realise how hard it is to get white combats - or white trousers of any sort! And I mean white white, not stone white, off white, eggshell, old white etc etc....

8. StarStream

StarStream Recognised Pony

I know, right?! Getting trousers in a specific exact colour is really, *really* hard. I've settled for as close as possible rather than exact (for one thing, rainbow dash colour - ie really light blue - isn't really trousers colour which makes anything even remotely close fairly hard to find). It also doesn't help that I'm colour blind - two blues look almost identical to me and then when I ask someone to make sure that it's the same colour as my light blue t shirt, apparently it's way off! o_O

Teamidris likes this.
  9. StarStream

StarStream Recognised Pony

So, I went to MCM Expo yesterday- the sixth time I've been to a convention- and cosplayed for the first time! I won't lie, I was a little dubious that I would actually go through with it- and it did take a few seconds to talk myself into opening the cubicle door and go out into the convention after I had gotten changed, but I'm really glad I did. Cosplaying Rainbow Dash for a day was such a great experience, and somehow I got a tonne of compliments and a fair few photo requests, of which I agreed to a couple o_O
    I think the highlight was someone going up to me and asking if they could hug me- obviously I had to agree to that xD

10. BronyMedic

Cosplay for the first time ever yesterday was great fun and I'm so glad I put as much effort as I did in - made it worthwhile. And it was even better going with friends who cosplayed as ponies too! We took over our little group =D.

11061721_10156131712830414_7010614230989178010_n.jpg

I'm dressed as Vinyl and I even had a working portable "mixing" desk that I used to blast out MLP tunes at the meet and randomly around the convention =D.

11. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Cool, your friend makes a cute Twilight too. Also, bonus points to lady in the back with the Cat Avengers t-shirt.

BronyMedic likes this.
  12. BronyMedic

I was proud of her! First convention ever and decided to cosplay too =D That takes bravery. Just glad that we were all able to "pony up" as a group =).

13. DerpyWhooves

It's my second ever and I'm cosplaying as Luna! I'm nervous. Do you have to act like the character? If so I might be Fluttershy or Marble Pie instead :rolleyes: Marble would be a cute cosplay actually, good shy cosplay for people for whom yellow isn't their colour :D

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  14. BronyMedic

You don't have to act like your character but it depends if you want to put on a show for other's to enjoy as such. Acting doesn't come naturally to people so I wouldn't force it if you think it'd make you uncomfortable. That being said, I found cosplaying kinda liberating - I wasn't as afraid to act up a little (especially when you pose for photos) when I was in costume; just seemed less scary, almost like the cosplay was a mask as such.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  15. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

A Marble Pie cosplay would be adorable! :3 but yeah, as @BronyMedic said, you don't have to/people don't generally expect you to act exactly like your character or anything. I'm a much more natural Fluttershy than I am Rarity, for example, though I love cosplaying both, but it's all about what you feel comfortable with - of course there are some cosplayers who get REALLY into character, and that's cool, but a lot of the time it's mostly when you're posing for photos, or just whenever you feel comfortable with a bit of acting/roleplaying for fun or whatever. But I always think people should be able to cosplay whatever character they want to, whether they're similar to them IRL or not c:

Good luck with your Luna cosplay, anyway! Which con are you planning on wearing it to? ^_^

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  16. DerpyWhooves

Thanks ^_^ We're going to Birmingham MCM. The plan is dark blue dress with dark blue or black velvet coat. I already have some black feather wings and a crescent moon necklace, and I'm going to spray my hair blue (cheaper and probably more comfortable than a wig) and make ears/crown/horn from Fimo. I'm really not a roleplayer, I just like dressing up, so I'm glad I don't need to be to cosplay :D

Where do people tend to get their plush/fabric ears from? I've seen a few around and they're cute ^_^

#216 DerpyWhooves, 26 October 2015
    Last edited: 26 October 2015
    I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  17. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Only because Halloween is this weekend. Wondercolts logo for the shirt is by DeathNyan. Best part about the shirt, I can use it as a regular shirt after Halloween. Kind of like those who wear shirts with super hero logos on front, except showing school spirit for Canterlot High. :3
    1027151030.jpg

GO CANTERLOT WONDERCOLTS!!!

I have more school spirit for Canterlot High than my actual school. :3

18. DerpyWhooves

Would love to get the ears/sweatshirt/tail combo myself sometime :D

Going as Luna to Birmingham MCM next Saturday. Thinking of taking my TARDIS handbag to confuse people :D

19. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Oh, I'm going to that as well. Might run into you. :)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  20. DerpyWhooves

Cool :D I'll be the vertically challenged, bespectacled alicorn.

Thorn likes this.