1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pony cosplay!

Discussion in 'Crafts and Cooking' started by I'dLikeToBeATree, 16 January 2014.

1. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

So my Sonata Dusk is finally finished for BronyScot this weekend!! Feels like I've been working on this cosplay for like, a year XD

[​IMG]

(apologies for awful lighting and shoddy stitching ^^;)

2. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Nice, very lovely.

3. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

That looks Ace, nice one. I'm gutted that it seems any hope of completing a Brae outfit is looking dashed due to any free time being crushed by deaths, work and helping family. I have this afternoon to go crazy.

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  4. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm considering doing a Cheese Sandwich cosplay for MCM Manchester next year ... this is partly in retaliation for my mate at work threatening to go as a Power Ranger :D

Having thought about it a bit, I'm quite keen on this idea because it's relatively straightforward, especially if I go down the 'cowboy Cheese' route ie. wide brimmed hat, poncho, yellow polo shirt and rubber chicken - whilst I have a lot of music gear, I lack an accordion.

(he did suggest I do a Vinyl Scratch cosplay "because she's your favourite after all" - this is undoubtedly true, but I don't think I'd be able to pull off a blue fright wig, wubs or not ;) )

#224 Irregular Apocalypse, 18 November 2015
    Last edited: 18 November 2015
  5. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Could you pull off a curly wig? Brown is an easier colour, certainly.

Dax likes this.
  6. CrikeyoRilley

A fancy dress shop here in Crewe is to close after over 20 years business which is sad, but as is the online competition. They have a load of stuff going cheap. Unfortunately no Cowboy gear though. Open till the end of the year so might see if I can grab anything for future inspiration. Loads of wigs and the old for hire stuff all got to go.

7. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Yep.
    Ironically, I did have Weird Al-style hair (long and curiy) when a) I was younger and b) had hair :p I even have the coke-bottle glasses.

There are a couple of wig shops in York so getting something suitable shouldn't be too difficult - the only bit that might give me any problems is the poncho. I've already ordered Boneless :D

EDIT: And here's the inspiration for the "Party Pony with No Name" look:

[​IMG]
    Replace the cheroot with a party squeaker, the gun with a rubber chicken and add Weird Al hair. Job's a good'un :D

#227 Irregular Apocalypse, 18 November 2015
    Last edited: 19 November 2015
  8. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

Might as well post some Sonata selfies while I'm here XD I still need to get some decent pics of this cosplay, but I'm hoping to bring her to BUCK next year~
    [​IMG]

(I totally butchered the fringe >.>;; it was my attempt at wig cutting and I obviously did it completely wrong lol...but other than that I'm pretty happy with this cosplay ^.^)

9. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I love it already. "For realsies? Because I think this person is the worst."

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  10. mlpbronypony

mlpbronypony Honorary Pony

Hey everypony!

I'm thinking about going as a male Twilight to BUCK in April, but have no idea where to start!

Any suggestions?

11. BronyMedic

BronyMedic Equestrian Ambulance Service Trust

Generally, from what I've seen, people tend to steer towards the Equestria Girls version as it's a bit easier to do than alicorn twi. Just need to get a wig/glasses/v-neck and go from there.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  12. mlpbronypony

mlpbronypony Honorary Pony

True! I'll have a look!

13. Teamidris

Teamidris Engineer, Writer & Cosplay

I'm changing space pony to battle pony for Buck2016. I'm enjoying some bespoke metal work art based on a theme :)

[​IMG]

McMiggles excellent welding puts the icing on the job!
    I have a nose fan as well now so the mask is survivable ;)

Parthidens and DerpyWhooves like this.
  14. CrikeyoRilley

Very funky, good luck with the finished product.

Teamidris likes this.
  15. Teamidris

Thankyou :)
    I keep tinkering with it, so even I wonder what 'finished' looks like :D

CrikeyoRilley and DerpyWhooves like this.
  16. Teamidris

17. Teamidris

It needed more mini-bling :)

[​IMG]

18. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Finally starting to work on my cosplay for BUCK, I've probably left it way too late and am doing things that are more complicated than what may be necessary, but at least I can fall back on Blackjack Mk.II if all else fails.

I'm doing Dragon Knight Spike from A Dog and Pony Show and Do Princesses Dream, where Spike imagines himself as a big manly knight. I'm big but by no means manly, so I'm doing a more 'inspired by' design to handle the fact that I'm not a ripped dragon man.

First I'm starting off with a sword. I didn't think the lance was exactly practical, and considering half the time in the S1 episode he swings it like a sword anyway, I don't think that's a problem. What is a problem however is that I've decided to dive in at the deep end with a more complicated sword design which is going to tie in with the helmet and pieces of armour I'll use.

So now the pepakura is printed out, ready for cutting and putting together. ONLY 17 SHEETS TO DO.
    [​IMG]

The sword is a Divine Rapier from Dota 2, and I'll be basing the helmet and probably the shoulders/bracers off of Dragon Knight, from the same game.

Teamidris likes this.
  19. Teamidris

Those patterns look amazing :)
    Excuse the pun, but I'm looking forward to watching this project unfold.

20. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Due to personal problems at home, I'm going to have to forget that idea unfortunately. That said, I'm now looking at doing Starlight Glimmer. Anyone know where I can pick up a suitably coloured wig?