1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pony cosplay!

Discussion in 'Crafts and Cooking' started by I'dLikeToBeATree, 16 January 2014.

1. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

only a week til BUCK, eek!! :O How are everypony's cosplays coming along? My Tree Hugger and Starlight Glimmer are almost finished, thankfully~ and I'm gonna wear Sonata again for the SSC! Can't wait ^~^

cutie mark was a bit fiddly, but finally done!! *^*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And le wig~ still waiting on some more green for the fringe! (excuse my dumb face)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

totally digging that vibe, maaan~

[​IMG]

...and then I realised I hadn't got any ears for TH so I made some quickly out of polymorph and hairclips >.>;; not exactly best quality, but hopefully they'll do!

[​IMG]

2. StarStream

StarStream Well-Known Pony

I've been lazy and so will be doing the same (first) cosplay that I wore at the last London comiccon- Rainbow Dash! I was gonna try and improve it, but, well, I've been busy :S Still, I really enjoyed cosplaying last time, so I'm looking forward to doing it again- and there's no reason to not wear the same costume more than once, right?!

No pics from me haha, but I'll be one of the (no doubt many) male RDs milling around at BUCK :p Really looking forward to it!

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  3. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Really nice looking progress there, I'll keep an eye out for you on the day! I'm really interested in seeing how the Starlight looks altogether on the day, I'd initially planned to cosplay her myself (I think you helped me with wig finding via a Facebook group if I'm not mistaken!), but I've had to shelf it because I haven't had the time to get it all ready.

I'm actually being forced to do similar myself, I ran out of time after having been overrun with work and time devouring personal matters recently, so I'm falling back on Blackjack from Fallout Equestria again this time. I know there's nothing wrong with doing so, but I wish I didn't keep having to fall back on the same costumes time and again. At any rate I'm combining what I had last time with my Vault (Stable) Suit and working on the Pipboy (Buck) and vest for like the umpteenth time to get it ready for Blackjack.

[​IMG]

I got my Starlight Glimmer wig stuff through in the post today, even though I've called it off. I don't think just a finished wig and purple shirt are going to cut it for me, so I'll probably not bring it at all.

I'dLikeToBeATree and StarStream like this.
  4. I'dLikeToBeATree

Thanks! Oh that was you? Awesome XD yeah I totally know the feel of not having enough time! Looking good anyway though - indeed, nothing wrong with reusing cosplays, might as well get the most out of them! you can always try and do Starlight another time if you feel like it, or use the stuff for another cosplay at least ^^

5. BronyMedic

BronyMedic Equestrian Ambulance Service Trust

Here is my shining armour cosplay.(+ a hit girl) Spent around a month on it and it was my first time crafting armour. Finished it at 2am the day of MCM! So much stress - probably spend time tweaking it for october.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

6. Teamidris

Teamidris Writer & Cosplay

I love the big arm guards :)
    Seperate shoulder armour is neat. I might pilfer that concept. Did it stay up on its own okay?

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  7. BronyMedic

Cheers! =)
    The seperate shoulders was competely accidental as i measured wrong (downside to not having a duct tape mannequin) but i went with it as it gave me a bit of play with the rest, more forgiving with mistakes.
    As a whole it worked really well - only problem was the upper arms kept wandering down the arm as id held off permanently attaching to the shoulder on case it hampered motion. It was fixed halfway through the day with velcro strips and superglue which had the flexibilty required. Other than that, no malfunctions =)
    On hindsight, i would have worked with a thinner foam (mine was 12mm) and would have made all the pieces detachable (the front, shoulders, thighs are all one piece).

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

8. JammyMachiko

JammyMachiko Active Pony

Best picture that summed up our attendants at buck 2016 event ^_^
    [​IMG]

9. JammyMachiko

JammyMachiko Active Pony

So i am now allowed to post up what i built in around a few days ,idea came from what Knox's Workshop was building for Taylor birthday so i built this IF-9 shotgun from Fallout equestria's Velvet remedy main gun and birthday card to add which are both made completely free-handed. After getting a lift with knoxs we headed 200 miles down south to meet the rest of our friends and having a great night with everyone, but now i'm back home and in recovery mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BronyMedic

Spent last 2 months putting this together. My partner and i are going to MCM this weekend as Cadence and Shining Armour - keep a look out for us =)

[​IMG]

11. I'dLikeToBeATree

*blows dust off thread* Guess what day is it, guys~?

...so have some moar Sonata from Bronyscot! Honestly I was waiting far too long to do this XD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more on my cosplay page! Sonata is so much fun to cosplay, I'd love to get a Dazzlings group together sometime *^*

12. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Well it isn't the first time I've seen a Sonata cosplayer. You really do nail her appearance quite well. I know I should've said this on your Facebook page when you first put the pics up online but like they say: "But late than never".

I'dLikeToBeATree and ponePete like this.
  13. I'dLikeToBeATree

Thank you!! Indeed, better late than never (and I'm late to most things anyway XD) and I'm glad you think I did Sonata justice ^.^

Starscream759 and DerpyWhooves like this.
  14. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

You did - very cute :D Love the taco photos!

15. JammyMachiko

JammyMachiko Active Pony

Apple jack rangers soon to be trotting around a con near you :D

upload_2017-7-30_12-17-25.png

16. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

I'm going to post here (in the hopes that somepony can direct me elsewhere) but does anypony have any experience / guides to making a tail?
    I was thinking of getting a metal ring and looping sting (or sting type stuff round it) and then crimping it together at the top.

Teamidris likes this.
  17. Teamidris

Teamidris Writer & Cosplay

Or you make a coil, tie up one end and cut the other end through its loop. Then comb out the strands.
    Or, twist out the string first with a drill.

vcgriffin likes this.