1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pony Horror Stories.

Discussion in 'My Little Pony G1-G3 Merch' started by Pastel Punk, 2 August 2017.

1. Pastel Punk

Have you ever looked at an auction on ebay and wondered why the seller has mostly photos of their pony taken from one side with it's mane covering most of it? Have you noticed that their pictures look photoshopped or like they were taken from a site like Strawberry Reef?
    Or have you had ponies arrive in poor condition and nothing like the pictures and discription of the auction? Or even obvious fake ponies arrive?! *gasps in horror* Dun dun dun! D:
    So far I've been lucky with the acception of the ponies my husband bought me (poor darling didn't know about the chinese knock offs).
    And a good friend of mine recently recieved a bald pony that she'd paid $30 for. The picture looked like a near mint condition Majesty D: Luckly she can restore it and re-root the little darling.

Has this happened to you? Were you able to fix things?

2. Pastel Punk

Not happy to say this, but I just made a horrible discovery with the new pony that arrived today. She's a g1 pony called Strawberry surprise. After opening her package, inspecting for damage and brushing her tail and mane, I discovered she has tail rust! T_T not sure what to do now :(

3. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Not tried this myself but this may help: http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/hair.html#TailRust

Pastel Punk likes this.
  4. Pastel Punk

5. Pastel Punk

Had another fun delivery. Bought the dream castle on eBay. The pictures looked good and the description said there was no damage. After unpacking and cleaning everything (removing all the stains that had been cleverly hidden by lighting), I tried to assemble the castle pieces, only to find the walls couldn't be attached. It seems either it was broken and they lied or they broke it taking it apart to flat pack it. Either way I'm seriously annoyed at spending so much money for a broken toy :(
    Some things I can repair, but not this.

#5 Pastel Punk, 9 August 2017
    Last edited: 9 August 2017
  6. Pastel Punk

I'm starting to dislike eBay now. My last pony arrived today and she's nothing like her picture or description. She arrived with dry frizzy hair, what looks like washing up liquid in her tail, obvious rust at the top of her tail and purple biro pen marks across one of her cutie marks. And I paid out £13 for it T_T I contacted eBay as the seller has closed her account.