1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Pony Poems!

Discussion in 'Fanfics & Writing' started by Recurrent Trotting, 11 July 2018.

1. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

I enjoy doing lil flash fics so I thought trying my hoof at a poem. If anypony feels like penning a verse or two quickly then you could put that in here too :3

After the first one I might have a look at some poem writing advice :p so apologies if this one is bad.

------

Ocelus / Sister Winter

The wind over the snowy planes is a thin, cold, wail, drawing the heat from my soul.
    The expanse's soft emptiness like unmarked time.
    This world is an image in glass,
    Even the interruption of sound is denied me as I push my frail form forward.

The fire owns the room
    Gaudy decorations pay it homage
    As does my body with its closeness
    Now we are all here
    Now I've returned.

-----
    The theme for this was the lonelinness of self-centredness and the warmth of friendship :3 I felt that fitted Ocelus since she's a Ling and is very warm-hearted. The first bit is meant to be written like a cold wind wailing - all drawn out and such, as in the song. The second bit is meant to be like the quick cracklings of a fire and reflects the bouncier rhythm of the song as it comes to a close.

#1 Recurrent Trotting, 11 July 2018
    Last edited: 11 July 2018