1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

PonyVilles Party

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Bronti97, 23 September 2014.

1. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

A series of curses in the background caught Shyss' attention. "I don't think we have to," she said, as a breezie flew over her head carrying a large purple flower.
    "GET BACK HERE YOU THIEVING-"
    *Clang*
    Shyss looked over, a small earth pony lay crumpled on the floor after smashing into Metal, not even moving him. Shyss shrugged as she looked down at her friend, who was slowly dragging herself to her feet. "Everypony, meet Ani." she said, with a faint smile as she tried to suppress a giggle.
    "Oh ponyfeathers, it got away." Ani grumbled referring to the flower the breezie carried, looking up at the group she focused on Shyss. "Oh Hey-up Shyss! Where's Topaz? I thought both of you would be meeting me here." she asked, completely ignoring the rest of the group.
    "Topaz just ran off to see Mercury, now shouldn't you apologize to the stallion you crashed into, and formally introduce yourself?"
    "Curses, I needed Topaz for an experiment," She said, causing Shyss to roll her eyes once more. Ani then turned to Metal, "Apologies sir, I'm Ani Alembic, local alchemist-slash-introvert, and you are? and more importantly, why are you standing around on such a lovely day wearing.... all that?"

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"I'm Metal, local person-slash-warrior," said Metal slowly, trying to find an excuse for not telling Ani Alembic about his attire, arriving at "and I don't know why I'm wearing all this. Pray tell, why are you so tiny, little mare?" Metal pondered, as he was wont to do, when Clear (who had grown tired of staring at Ferrum) fluttered onto his head and asked Ani, "Are you one of those barbarian warlords?"
    "Clear, she isn't a warlord."
    "...but you said that warlords always attacked from the sides!"
    Metal sighed; clearly his stories about the tactics of ancient warriors were missing their mark. Perhaps he should take up fiction instead.
    "Well, never mind about either of our questions, Alembic. It appears a little group of people is assembling here. I suppose they want to speak to you."

Marr smiled and turned to Ferrum. "You know this Ani person?"

3. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

"I know nearly every pony in Ponyville.but this Ani I have no idea.but she is an alchemist though."
    "Slash introvert" Kat said with a giggle. More new people had joind the group and obviously this change of subject steered her away from metal for now. Ferrum stepped forward, he knows he has to be polite to new people, he loves making friends.
    "im Ferrum, I am the local smithy for Ponyville. If you need anything built, just ask me." He started walking towards Kat
    "This here is one of my oldest friends, Kat. She is an artist but her talent is creativity, she can make anything out of anything." And then there was Marr to introduce, he could say so much about her, creative, loving, funny, smart, thoughtful... he decided it would be better to introduce herself. He gestured to Marr to introduce herself

4. Aethelberdia

"I'm Maria, but ponies call me Marr for obvious reasons." Obvious indeed, what with the lattice of scars over her neck and jaw, picked up back during the adventure. "I'm a mechanic. And mechanical," said Marr, gesturing to her prosthesis. "I seem to be noticing a theme: we all create things and repair things. What a coincidence, eh?"

5. Sir Dave of Dave

"Everything has it's own little theme, even if that theme is a mish-mash of everything." Ani turned to Ferrum, "So I take it you're Platinum's boy? I've heard about you, apparently you were the one who fixed my oven a few months back. How's your dad, I haven't spoken to him for awhile?"

6. Bronti97

"That would be me" Ferrum said smiling rather happily.
    "And he is rather stressed right now, he has a lot of peices of armour to craft in a certain amount of time... ive done my share thanks to Marr"

7. Aethelberdia

"I still say we should go back and help him some more. He's having a hard time of it, you know." Marr was a little guilty over leaving Ferrum's father to do the rest of the work. Turning to Ani, she smiled. "Made a couple of power tools, which apparently have helped a lot. Have you had any projects lately?"

8. Sir Dave of Dave

"Yes actually, I've been trying to think up an alternate food for young dragons. Afterall, constantly feeding them gems can be very expensive, so I started to set about creating all sorts of strange concoctions hoping that one of them will be suitable. I have come up with many food ideas but the gems give quite a lot of important nutrients used for a dragons growing process, so I had to-" Ani continued rambling about her work, and seemed to have lost everyone in the process.
    It wasn't too long before she noticed the other ponies vacant expressions, and she quickly decided to finalise the talk, "-So basically, I created three solutions that should do the trick, and I then flavoured them with licorice because they didn't taste very nice beforehand." Ani smiled, hoping that her babbling hadn't put any of them off her. Thinking that they had been put off she decided to try and win them back, "Speaking of licorice, I've got a bag in my pouch, anypony want a piece?"

9. Aethelberdia

"You're a mare after my own heart. Except the liquorice. The liquorice is a bad idea." Marr was enjoying the exchange, letting her thoughts flow freely. "I guess that's why you needed Topaz, though. Thought you were going to feed him nitroglycerine or some other volatile concoction... sorry, that's the kind of thing 'experiment' brings to mind, I'm afraid."

Metal, on the other side of the same coin, may have been listening to bats for all the sense it made. Bringing the conversation back to grounds he understood, he asked again "...Why are you so small?"

10. Sir Dave of Dave

Ani turned to face Metal, "That's a very interesting question. Have you ever read the book Dr Jekyll and Ms Mare? No, of course you haven't, but that's only because I haven't got it published by anypony yet. You see in the book-"
    Shyss nudged Ani, interrupting her from her babbling. "She became addicted to a potion that she made, and it caused her body to shrink, and prevented her from growing properly." Shyss shrugged, "Since you now know her story in it's simplest form, what's your story?"

11. Aethelberdia

"I was born. I was trained. I put the armour on and now I fight. Simple." The entire potion scenario made sense, he'd once seen a man who was blinded by a potion he'd drunk. "Although there are a lot of things I could tell you about... once there was this dragon terrorizing a village, and the villagers asked me to help. So I challenged the dragon to a wrestling match. I won by headbutting him in the stomach so hard he vomited, then knocking him unconscious with a blow to the head. I pushed the dragon to a nearby river and left him there, bleeding from a head wound." Metal noticed looks ranging from disgust to confusion directed towards him. "...are all of you those people who seem to be obsessed with non-violence?"

12. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss gave Metal a crooked look, "We are all pacifists yes."
    Ani just shrugged, "I don't mind a good fight from time to time. After all I bumped into you because I was trying to beat the living hay out of a breezie that stole my nightshade."

13. Aethelberdia

Marr didn't really need to say anything, and didn't want to. Ferrum had seen what she did back on the quest, and although she trusted him not to mention it she didn't want to remind him.
    "Uhh... um... so, about the liquorice?"
    Marr hated liquorice: she never understood why Adragis liked it so much. Still, anything to bring the conversation back round to more friendly terms.

14. Sir Dave of Dave

"Licorice?" Ani asked, rhetorically, "D'you want a piece? I have loads, I love the stuff. Simon doesn't like it much though..."

15. Aethelberdia

Marr accepted a piece of liquorice from Ani, and put it into her mouth. By some divine grace she managed to swallow it whole, leaving only a slight taste in the back of her mouth. "Thanks!" Marr said with a forced smile, which became a genuine smile when she noticed Clear trying to steal Ani's liquorice.

16. Sir Dave of Dave

Ani felt a slight tug at her pouch, she turned to find the young pegasus, who's name she had already forgotten, trying to steal her precious licorice. "Hey!" she said, sharply, "Just because I'm generous with my licorice doesn't mean you can steal it from me! Oh to hay with it, you may have the lot, minus-" stuck her hoof into the packet and pulled out three pieces "-these three pieces."
    She flicked the three pieces of licorice into her mouth, savouring the taste which she loved so much. She had found it amazing that she could like such a sweet, when usually she couldn't stand the taste of aniseed, or anything that had aniseed in it. Licorice however, was the sole exception to this rule. Once she had finished her three pieces, which didn't take long, despite her best efforts at savouring it, she sacrificed the paper packet over to the young pegasus, a weird grin on her face.
    Ani had now forgotten her original reason to have come to the park, and decided to ask the question that she thought everypony else was thinking. "So why are we all just standing aimlessly in the park? Usually this much ponies only group together during some form of apocalypse, like when Tirek attacked."
    Shyss facehoofed, and then slowly dragged her hoof down the front of her face, as if trying to pull it off. "You invited me here, and I still have no idea why."
    Ani turned to Shyss and gave her a quizzical look, "Oh yeah, I wanted to test out that dragon food! Oh, but I don't want to do that now, I want to do something fun with this lot." she said, gesturing to the strange assortment of ponies nearby. "Marr, Ferrum, Blocky, Mini-Me, You... you got any plans?" she asked gesturing to Marr, Ferrum, Metal, Clear and Kat in turn, before pulling out yet another packet of licorice from her pouch and eating another piece.

17. Bronti97

"well, to be completely honest the only person that may be busy here is..."
    *BANG* Ferrum was interrupted once again by the large bang.
    "its alright now guys, i have completed my task and im now free to do anything" Kat said quite happily. Ferrum knew that he had finished his work and the reason he came outside was to just chill for a while, instead he met up with everypony and is now thinking about stuff which he had planned, he didnt have anything planned, he was sure of it.
    "I got nothing to do any more apart from stand around in the park with my friends talking about paint thinner, old times and reasons which we havent been out in a long time" He thought about the poster right outside Sugarcube Corner that he saw a few days ago, he hasnt seen anypony in a few days so this could be the prime time to invite everypony to the party.
    "Actually guys, in a few weeks time there is a party hosted by the two most partyful ponys in all of equestria, Cheese Sandwhich and Pinkie Pie, it should be a blast, anypony thinking about coming?"

#37 Bronti97, 1 October 2014
    Last edited: 1 October 2014
  18. Aethelberdia

"Well, now I am," said Marr, smiling, "But only if you're coming. You're basically a walking mugger repellent, what with your being so strong." Marr never was a pony to look at posters, so the party was a surprise to her.

"I've already signed up for the fancy dress competition," said Metal in a sarcastic tone, "I'm going as the Tin Man."
    Clear, after swallowing a particularly large piece of liquorice, piped up with "Yes! I've always wanted to go to a party! Metal's going to take me. AREN'T YOU?" The last two words were spat out with such vehemence Metal actually flinched. "Yes, of course. Fine." said Metal, a little creeped out by the commanding tone.

19. Sir Dave of Dave

"Seriously?" Shyss asked, confused, "You're actually inviting me to a party?" Shyss seemed lost, she had never been invited to a party before, let alone actually been to one.
    Ani gave her a crooked look, as she does with many ponies, and then ate another piece of licorice. "Of course he is, Shyssle."
    "I thought you left Fillydelphia before I got that name." Shyss said with a sigh.
    "Nope! I gave it to you silly." Ani said with a grin. "Anyway I'm coming to the party, and so will Shyssle here, even if I have to drag her."
    "I'll come, just don't call me Shyssle again. When is this party anyway?"

20. Bronti97

Ferrum was trying not to laugh at the name shyssle and wonderted why he had never come up with it before.

"im unsure, i didnt take note of the date, all i know is that its in a few weeks"

"Ferrum"

"Yes mercury?"

"Can i come to the party"

Ferrum facehoofed and gave a sigh.

"Yes sis"

"Thanks bro"

She left a big smile and shut the door, Ferrum didnt know what she wanted to go to a party for, and why was she asking him and not asking dad? Kat was silent, staring into space. Ferrum waved a hoof in front of her and she didnt react. several seconds later she said

"Ive never been invited to a party before, like ever. i dont get invited to anything."