1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Post Something About Your Day Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Takoto, 18 May 2012.

1. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I ask because that's often a criteria for some people. I think I still need to get to the ends of some lines myself, I've never been to Chesham or Mill Hill East for example but the other week I did go to Upminster for the hell of it. :p Yeah, I've always been interested in the tube and definitely approve of recreational tube journeys.

2. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Chesham is a lovely, charming little station and is one of my favourites on the entire Tube Network. Mill Hill East is also a cool station just because it's so quiet outside of peak times :p My favourite station overall though is either Gants Hill on the Central Line or Chiswick Park on the District :)

3. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

I saw the following films today. Early Man which was very British and very funny, and Coco which I can sum up as a Disney/Pixar masterpiece.

4. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Went on a kinda window shopping-walk, during which I was tempted by something, checked my bank account and... it wasn't pretty.

I didn't buy anything. Got good footage of pigeons eating a dropped hot dog. Now hungry, myself.

5. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Went to the hospital to deal with my in grow toe nail. It was a big one as well.

6. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

As a treat for Mother's Day, I took my mum out for lunch at a Scottish restaurant in Central London.

The food was lovely, but dear, sweet Celestia, was it filling! In fact, it's still weighing us down, so I don't think we'll be having dinner, tonight.

Thorn likes this.
  7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Am intrigued by this, what kind of food do they serve? Is it haggis, gamebird dishes and deer etc? I do love haggis.

8. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

There are a few haggis options, although not-so-much in the main dishes.

The name of the restaurant is Mac & Wild. You can find the menus on their website.

As for what my mum and I had there... well, here's the lowdown:

For starters, we shared an order of haggis pops (deep fried haggis balls) served with Red Jon sauce (which is basically a sauce made up of several things, including whisky and mustard). Then for the main course, my mum had a Full Scottish Breakfast (minus the lorne sausage, which she has always hated, apparently, and had that substituted with extra bacon), whereas I had Eggs Ruaridh, which is essentially Eggs Benedict, only it has black pudding instead of ham and is absolute bliss! And being the ever-curious creature that I am, I couldn't help but order a side of haggis mac & cheese as well. (Which is super tasty!) All the while, washing it down with some Irn Bru. (Which I hadn't had in a considerably long time.)

Unfortunately, we weren't able to sample the desserts, as we were both pretty much filled to bursting point by the time we were done with our mains! (Which is a pity, really.) That didn't stop me from having a quick browse of their dessert menu, though, and I was surprised to see there was one dessert item that wasn't listed in that particular menu on their website, and that was Deep Fried Mars Bar Sundae. Ah well. If I ever find myself going there again, I'll definitely have to make sure I have room for that.

Parthidens, Pigasus and Wonderbolt like this.
  9. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Sounds amazing, I was going to ask if they did irn bru and deep fried mars bar, but I thought that would be to stereotypical lol. Black pudding dish sounds nice, didn't know it was widely eaten in Scotland, thought it was only really eaten in Northern England.

Parthidens likes this.
  10. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

As the token Scot, I'm gonna point out that deep-fried Mars Bars aren't actually a thing up here. Very much an odd novelty food.

Parthidens likes this.
  11. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

12. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Saw a car drive past and thought a small child was driving - but then I realised the steering wheel was on the other side.

13. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

[​IMG]

14. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Finally succumbed to the lurgy that's been doing the rounds after battling it with oranges and first defence spray for a few days. Urgh

15. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

*provides tissues, soup and plushies*
    Get well soon!

Cloudane likes this.
  16. Hampshire Brony

Hampshire Brony Shaun of the dead

When I was in the continent last month, I should have taken the 2XL ty pony and sat her in the nearside passenger seat. I missed a trick there.

(Fixed formatting)

#26036 Hampshire Brony, 15 March 2018
    Last edited: 17 March 2018
    Parthidens likes this.
  17. Cuttleshock

[​IMG]
    ;_; (my first trim since I started growing it out)

18. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I thought you had drawn it for a second.

19. Cuttleshock

I'm flattered, but yeah, no, the pen was just for scale. (It serves to indicate how much disparity there was in my hair length, as I only cut off what I had to to even it out).

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  20. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Had a crown fitted today. After several appointments, I'm finally done with dentists (I hope) until my next regular checkup. This final appointment was actually the shortest and easiest of the lot, as there wasn't much the dentist needed to do beyond remove the temporary crown, do some final shaping and fix the permanent crown with dental cement.

On the minus side, I'm now £244.30 poorer. :( But it's still worth it to avoid having a hole in my bite, since the tooth there was in a poor state and the only real alternative was extraction.

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.