1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Preston Meet Up Feedback and ideas

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by HypnoHooves, 25 March 2017.

1. HypnoHooves

HypnoHooves Honorary Pony

Please post feedback and ideas for future lancashire brony meets. We don't have to just meet in preston but can move around. do different things etc. let everypony know what works and what doesn't here please.

2. MattBas

MattBas Recognised Pony

Well, for me having a good connection from London helps a lot so Preston is pretty good in this regard.

3. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

Preston also works well for me and is a pretty good location in general, as it's not too far south for anyone coming from the north, but is also realtively near to Liverpool and Manchester and has excellent rail connections. I'd be up for moving it around if people were so inclined though.

Thanks again for organising!

4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Manchester, Liverpool and Lancaster seem the most sensible alternatives as all have good rail connections.
    Man and Lpool have plenty to do and are close for people in the south of the county as well as other counties like Cheshire, and to a lesser degree Shropshire and Staffs ect and even North Wales.
    Lancaster is better for people in the Northern part of the county and the likes of Cumbria ect whist there is not as much to do, there is plenty of nice areas like the cathedral area and lune water front which would be nice to hang around in good weather.

ponePete likes this.
  5. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

Seconded!

Wonderbolt likes this.
  6. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Already given feedback in the other thread but future wise. Preston is good, Lancaster excellent, Manchester doable (more so with good advance notice, as train ticket prices vary for there)
    Obviously I'm an advocate for fully accessible venues, and not a million miles from the train :)

MCtoastie and Lydiasaurus like this.