1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Previous Gens and Games

Discussion in 'My Little Pony G1-G3 Merch' started by Beckit, 26 February 2012.

1. Web "Webster" Brancher

Web "Webster" Brancher Considering ponify-ing my non-ponies

Either my mind will not allow access to that memory storage bin, or I never actually watched previous gens.
    However, I am getting a soft spot for G1.
    It was more of a thing that existed, and that was never talked about.

Alternately, the closest similar thing that I watched would of been Pocket Dragon Adventures

Beckit likes this.
  2. Beckit

Beckit Mama Mod - No More Mrs Nice Pony

OMFG I remember those!!! They were awesome!

3. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

Windows 98 Compatability mode is your friend~

4. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Aww, You don't like them? I love their song!

Shoo be doo, shoo shoo be doo.

And for recommendations, I'd suggest the Bright Lights story arc, it had a somewhat interesting storyline.

Oh yeah: Captain British is awesome. He runs the Colgate Answers blog (the one with Colgate's obsession with brushies).

Beckit likes this.
  5. tinrobo

tinrobo Well-Known Pony

Sea ponies are the best! I had Rescue at Midnight castle on video and watched it so much when I was little that it's one of those songs I've always been able to recall, even before I got back into MLP. I also recommend the Rock Dog episode, Wind Whistler is such a badass pony! Escape from Katrina is good too. But weird. But good. XD

For me personally, g1 will always be my favourite but I love the g3 ponies too. No love for 3.5 because they're hideous and I'm slightly too old to have grown up with g2 so I don't really like them either, too skinny for my tastes. :p

6. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

I demand G4 Seaponies, dangit.

Little Emerald and Beckit like this.
  7. rotation

rotation Slower than Fernando

I have watched some Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen3.5 and Newborn Cuties. Nothing really special. Gen3 in particular is just rather bland and boring.

Beckit likes this.
  8. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

I had a sea pony. I have no idea what happened to it, but I do have my school book from lower school where I wrote what I did at the weekend and buying a sea pony was the highlight - I even drew a pic. I might look that out and scan it in this weekend...

I also had Applejack and Bow Tie - they have also disappeared. Not much of my 80s toys left now. I had a my little pony watch when I was about 6, but it fell off my wrist and it got flushed down the loo.

Beckit likes this.
  9. Beckit

Aaaw, I'd LOVE to see your drawing! That's REALLY cute!

Dax likes this.
  10. PixelTwister

PixelTwister Twisting Pixels since 1876!

I never watched any of the old pony cartoons... you know why... because they scared the living Buck outta me!! there was something about the art style of the previous generation I grew up in the noughties so it would've been G3 and that was really freaky... (i will never be able to get the image of G3 Pinkie pie out of my head!) But since becoming a brony i've watched some of the old ones on youtube, and they're not all bad... G4 is the best though :D

Beckit likes this.
  11. Pwnyswag29

Pwnyswag29 King of Swing

I've seen a few bits of G1 and G3. In my opinion, G1 isn't that bad, compared to the G3, which is just awful. My auntie has (i quote) 'some old my little pony videos' I'm guessing that these are G1 or G2, G3 and 4 are a bit too recent to have been locked in a garage for years.

12. Beckit

The fact she said videos suggests G1 or G2 tops. Except I don't remember G2 actually having videos. I barely remember much of the old ponies now.

I'm super jealous though. I wish I had a VCR still so that I could get all the old pony stuff. I think they should be re-released onto DVD for collectors like Disney do with all their films. That would be really sweet.

13. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

I used to sneak the odd watch of my little sisters G1 VHS when I was ickle. Not sure why I snuck a look at it as my parents weren't too fussed at that age.

Recently started renting the old ones on lovefilm to watch with the kids. I thought the Twinkle Wish Adventure DVD was ok but not terrific. We are enjoying the old G1 episodes though. There's one there that reminded me a little of G4 Dashie in her tactlessness (was it Gusty? I think it was Gusty). I really don't mind the older ones. I remember one wher ethe ponies helpoed a prince fly to a sky castle to rescue his true love from a few creatures...when he saved her she turned him down as I recall :)

14. LoomX

LoomX Honorary Pony

I'm a bit confused as to what series is classed as G2 for MLP. At first I thought it was My Little Pony Tales but from what I can gather that is still classed as G1. Did G2 even have a cartoon series?

I've watched 2 episodes of MLP Tales and while it's not a bad show it just doesn't have the magical element of the original or FiM. It just seems to be ponies living in a human-like world doing very human-like things.

15. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

TO YOUTUBE

Beckit likes this.
  16. Pwnyswag29

Pwnyswag29 King of Swing

I always thought MLP tales was G2, but my only experience comes from the documentary ballad of the brony (it's great by the way, check it out) so I could be wrong.

17. HappyGoLuckyPone

HappyGoLuckyPone Shocked and appalled!

I believe there are to seperate timelines for both the toys and the show so yes its a confusing mess.

Personally I class MLP Tales as G2 in the show timeline, I dont even think it had a matching toyline.

18. LoomX

LoomX Honorary Pony

Having watched a bit of Ballad of the Brony it does seem that there are two separate timelines with regards to toys and shows. A confusing mess indeed.

I still think of this whenever I hear Generation 2 though

Oh early 90s. You and your bright neon colours and "rapping".