1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Quasi-Regular York/Leeds/Yorkshire meets

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Irregular Apocalypse, 30 October 2015.

1. anthony rothstein

Saturday was great!
    Battle Royals were fun~ I need to sort a decent team out for next time.

Something to consider for April - Play Expo is coming to Leeds! Sunday 16th only though and is being hosted at Leeds Football Stadium, which is 2 miles (45 minutes) walk from Leeds Station, though there's free car park nearby and plenty of buses!
    http://playexpoleeds.com/

Cheers to @Lysander Thunderbuck for the artz
    [​IMG]

2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

They were - Robin Hoot went on the rampage :p

14488278_664282220398298_8034256864319373312_n.jpg

I think we should make the Battle Royals a regular thing if there are enough of us, as they're tremendous fun - I was using Team Spoopy since I lacked pretty much anything else but I'm going to think about putting a 'proper' battle team together. Taking down a Protean Greninja with Spirit Shackle was extremely gratifying :D (sorry, Andrew ...)

There's now a park and ride service to/from Elland Road so it wouldn't be difficult to hop on a bus in the city centre. However, the 16th is Easter Sunday so I have no idea what the buses will be doing; if it isn't too screwed up then I'd definitely be up for it (point to note: a P&R ticket is £3 return but there's 10% discount if there are more than 5 of us travelling together)

Ah yes, art in the pub - that was a nice touch :D
    I need to get some reference pics of Thunderlane so I can get something done for SWMBO ...

#222 Irregular Apocalypse, 30 January 2017
    Last edited: 30 January 2017
  3. Irregular Apocalypse

If anyone's interested, I'm planning to do a swag run on Saturday - Forbidden Planet had a bunch of stuff in which I really wanted but couldn't get due to bag space limitations (and the initial shock of seeing actual new pony merch in FP ...)

4. anthony rothstein

Sadly won't make tomorrow --- Off to London cause it's my niece's birthdays!

5. Irregular Apocalypse

If anyone's up for it, the next 'proper' meet will be on Saturday, 25th February ... usual stuff applies, and it just so happens that it's a couple of days after my birtheversary so someone can buy me a beer for a change :p

I will have pony cards if anyone fancies a game, and no doubt there will be DSes for anyone who wants to trade Pokemon and such (plus, it'll be nice if we can do the Battle Royals again - they were tremendous fun)

Open Book likes this.
  6. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

In leeds? I'm there the Saturday before, but it can't hurt to go up there again. Should see you then, and I'll buy you a birthday beer, buddy.

7. Irregular Apocalypse

Now that we have an approximate date for S7, maybe we should think about whether or not to have a Premiere meet like we did with S6 ....

... all those in favour?

Open Book likes this.
  8. Open Book

Aye!
    Seems we're getting enough time to plan properly. Better than some in the past.

9. anthony rothstein

Yeah am totally good for that~ anywhere you want to eat that day?

That's a certain! Everyone who came last year seemed pretty eager for this year :D hope we get the full date soon so the pub don't get booked up!

10. Open Book

You are talking about Leeds for the premiere?

11. Irregular Apocalypse

Yep.
    We had the S6 Premiere meet in a pretty decent (and cheap, in terms of hire cost) pub with an HD projector and a rather fine sound system. Hopefully we can get the same place, or somewhere like it, once we have a firm date.

Open Book likes this.
  12. Kino_Hamanka

Kino_Hamanka I am cuddly, cute and squishy...also chubby :3

What's the date?
    It's not on Equestria Daily...I'm hoping I can go this time, it just can't be too late cause my mom won't let me out late.

13. anthony rothstein

We only know that it's April at the moment

14. Kino_Hamanka

Ah okay April isn't too bad, the only issue with me now is time.

15. Irregular Apocalypse

If last time round was any indication then the premiere will be a two-parter and air at around 4pm UK time so you could quite easily be away by 5.30 if time is pressing. The pub we used was 10-15 minutes walk from the railway station.

We met up early afternoon, but that was mainly to get the AV stuff set up.

16. Simrick

Simrick Active Pony

I would love to go but I have an uni assessment on Monday and it's a big one so I have no time this week. Drink to you get sick for me :)

17. Kino_Hamanka

What time is this?
    I hopefully should be able to come ^^
    That's if it's not too late since I can just lie to my mom and say I'm going up to Wakefield for an hour or so.

18. anthony rothstein

Usually meet around 12ish at the train station~

19. Kino_Hamanka

WOOP that one I can go to YE!
    I'll be arriving via bus, and also I got a phone too, last time I went I couldn't find anyone.
    So if anyone wants to PM me their mobile so this time it's not so distressing.

20. Irregular Apocalypse

If your bus stops outside Leeds station then just go into the concourse - we'll usually be loitering around Upper Crust. There'll be at least three of us there (myself, SWMBO and @anthony rothstein ) and I at least will be ponied up - if you see a couple with DSes then there's a pretty good chance that'll be myself and SWMBO ... we'll be getting the early bus from York so we can go shopping for crafty-type things and have a wander round Kirkgate market, but the plan is to be at the railway station sometime between 11 and 11.30 - we'll generally hang around until midday-ish.

There'll be the usual trawl of the geek shops, especially as both the Entertainer and Forbidden Planet have upped their game in terms of pony merch (Entertainer had the new EqG minis in last time, and FP had actually restocked and expanded their pony section)

I'm open to suggestions as to where folks want to eat - I have no particular preferences myself and there's a pretty decent selection of places in Trinity. Our final destination will be either the 'small' Brewdog by the Corn Exchange or the bigger one at the top of Vicar Lane if there are a lot of us - if you're at the younger end of the age spectrum then bring some ID even if you don't intend to partake of refreshing beverages.

There'll be CCG games for those who fancy it and if there are enough of us with DSes there will be Battle Royals 'cos they were massive fun last time round (we need at least 4 people for a Battle Royal - if there are more than 4 of us then we can sort something out with regards to who plays whom)

Apologies if I've been a bit incommunicative of late - things have been a bit busy in the Real World[tm]

UPDATE: A note about the Pokemon Battle Royals - we generally play 'flat' rules (level 50, no legendaries) meaning that it's not necessarily a handicap if you don't have an uber-competitive, kick-ass team - in fact, the weirder and wackier your team is, the better - hell, I went with my 'default' Team Spoopy last time round (Decidueye, Froslass and Mimikyu) last time and did pretty well. It's just a bit of fun to take advantage of the fact that a bunch of us have DSes and Pokemon Sun/Moon. Chances are that if you are strapped for a team someone will be able to trade you something you can use.

#240 Irregular Apocalypse, 21 February 2017
    Last edited: 21 February 2017