1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Quasi-Regular York/Leeds/Yorkshire meets

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Irregular Apocalypse, 30 October 2015.

1. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

as I have absolutely nothing on Sat, sure.

2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Current plan, such as it is, is to head into Leeds early afternoon as I've got various things to attend to first thing (like picking up a couple of Build-a-Bears from the Post Office ... ) - plus the pub doesn't open until midday anyway :p

My main reason for going in is to snag some Paradox Rye at Brewdog, but there'll likely be some swag hunting done as well.

(and Leeds are away this weekend ... which is nice)

Open Book likes this.
  3. Irregular Apocalypse

For various reasons (including but not limited to: having stuff to do this morning) I shall be leaving for Leeds just after lunch (probably around 1ish) to get there around 2pm - I have some stuff to get in Kirkgate Market and then I'll be heading to the 'little' Brewdog by the Corn Exchange to achieve my primary objective.

After that, if people want to go for food then that's fine by me - if you're an early arrival then feel free to do your own thing and meet up at the pub later.

4. Open Book

How bout a meet on 6/5? Then I've got all May sorted.

5. anthony rothstein

6. Open Book

7. anthony rothstein

The Beta of Them's Fightin' Herds is due out next week or so.

Since I backed it, i'll have access. I'm willing to bring my laptop out for a meet if anyones interested in giving the game a go.

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  8. Irregular Apocalypse

Possible meet-up on the 20th - I'm otherwise engaged the weekend before and the weekend after is MCM (and a bank holiday weekend) so I doubt there'd be many people about anyway.

Watch this space ...

Welkin and Open Book like this.
  9. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

I'd be up for a meet on the 20th :)

10. Irregular Apocalypse

Looks like it might be a go-er then - if there are enough folks with cards then we'll have a mini CCG tournament (with a prize!) otherwise it'll be business as usual.

Hopefully I'll have shifted this godawful 'flu/chest infection type thing by then.

11. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

Is the 20th happening? I could do with knowing for booking train tickets

12. Irregular Apocalypse

I reckon so ... more details to follow.

13. Irregular Apocalypse

OK - things have been massively busy for me recently, both in terms of work (making synthesiser parts for cash) and 'work' (my full time job) so Saturday's arrangements are likely to be a little ad-hoc (and, if truth be told, I'm absolutely fried right now)

The usual thing applies - most people will meet up at Leeds railway station (outside Upper Crust is the usual loitering spot) around 11-11.30ish and leaving for a generalised wander round town around midday, unless we're waiting for someone on a delayed train. Final destination is usually a pub - which one depends on who shouts the loudest: it'll either be the Hedley Verity on Woodhouse Lane or the Brewdog by the Corn Exchange (the one with the consoles) if I'm the one doing the shouting.

I will probably have my laptop with me so watching the episode(s) in the pub is a definite possibility if conditions allow (ie. if we've got the place more or less to ourselves or can find a quiet-ish corner where we won't be annoying world+dog)

There are a couple of things I need to attend to on Saturday morning so, traffic and whatnot permitting, I plan to be in Leeds around 1-1.30 - in extremis I can be contacted via this 'ere site or Facebook.

June meet(s) are TBD - I'm planning to attend a couple of CCG pre-release events so will need to plan around them. In order to do that I need to know dates first ... :confused:

I promise that I shall endeavour to organise something a bit less haphazard in future, but right now isn't a good time for it.

14. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Hope things go well. Sadly I won't be able to make this one; the next month or so is a pretty full calendar for me (plus getting LEGO Dash finished is a priority). Come July onwards I'll have more scope to visit people round the country again. :)

15. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

Awesome to hear that this is on :) Will be there a bit early because of train times, looking forward to it :)

16. Irregular Apocalypse

Slight change of plan - we shall be there around 11.30, loitering in the general vicinity of Upper Crust/Ritazza

17. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

I'm afraid I can't make it tomorrow, car troubles. What I hope was just a turbo hose but may well have been the turbo itself just decided to blow on my way home. Had to limp about 30 miles. Won't be able to get to the train station so can't come. Really disappointed that I can't make it, sorry.

18. Open Book

1st of july anyone?

19. Irregular Apocalypse

There's some general card shenanigans planned for July 8th - CCG (I'll be running my tutorial if any newbies show up) and, assuming that nobody has swiped them[*], Cards Against Humanity (we played it at the last meetup, and when 3/4 of the people there are utterly plastered it was hilarious).

I may bring Star Realms[**] with me too.

[*] - I had to leave my credit card behind the bar for CaH - turns out that they were fed up with people nicking them.
    [**] - https://www.starrealms.com/ - a fun little sci-fi deck building game. You can get the complete game, expansions and all, for sub-£50.

20. Open Book

is that brewdog then?