1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Quasi-Regular York/Leeds/Yorkshire meets

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Irregular Apocalypse, 30 October 2015.

1. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Yep.
    The plan is to get there for opening time so we can hog one of the tables downstairs.

2. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

ok, might come. been a while though.

3. Irregular Apocalypse

I may be able to do July 1st - a lot will depend on how much damage gets done to my bank balance now that I'm doing two CCG prereleases instead of just one. Ask me again on the 26th ....

4. Open Book

dont worry bout that, ill see you on the 8th

5. Irregular Apocalypse

July 8th may not be happening for Reasons. Watch this space (or don't ... I ain't your mother)

6. Irregular Apocalypse

OK, the 8th is still happening - it's the day of our village carnival so I will be executing 'Operation GTFO' and getting to Leeds before the hordes descend at home (the carnival is at the recreation centre, which is at the end of my street, so ....)

The plan is to be at Brewdog for opening time so we can hog the tables downstairs, play card games (CCG, Cards Against Humanity and Star Realms, possibly Pokemon too) and so forth - there's the consoles too for those who are that way inclined. If there's a massive turnout(!) we could always go up to the 'big' Brewdog and maybe play shuffleboard or something (which I can recommend, it's massively good fun)

There'll also be the spectacle of me drinking non-alcoholic beer.

7. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Well I seem to have got here early.

8. Pastel Punk

I moved to sheffield last year, but if theres anything going on that I can bus or train to, I'm up for any meet ups! :D would be a darn sight better than what I have going on here at the moment. >.< I get sent to meet ups for a group my other half is interested in. Would be nice to be able to chat to people with similar interests instead. I'd be able to enjoy it and stay sober as I'd not be bored out of my mind! <3

9. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Well you just missed one yesterday.

10. Irregular Apocalypse

There'll be another meet in a month or so, once Galacon is out of the way .... and my bank balance has recovered from the mauling it got yesterday thanks to Smyth's and Forbidden Planet (the comics were worth it though)

Oilyvalves likes this.
  11. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Will have to see if I can make the date, but have a fab time at Galacon in the meantime!

12. Irregular Apocalypse

I wish I was going to Galacon - circumstances dictate otherwise, but next year ...
    I mentioned it mainly as it is a 'big' con and that the chances of people turning up are significantly reduced as a result. Not sure if any of 'our' lot are going, but I know of a few people who travel from further afield who are.

13. anthony rothstein

14. Irregular Apocalypse

Looking at Bank Holiday weekend for the next shindig - that'd be 26th August.

The format last time (meet in the pub, come and go as you like) seemed to work well enough, as did the unholy mix of CCG, Cards Against Humanity, Pokemon and booze.

15. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

26th August sounds good :) I should be able to make it to this one

16. anthony rothstein

17. Irregular Apocalypse

26th August it is - plus, if anyone fancies coming to York on the 27th that could happen too.

It's the last day of the big race meeting on the 26th so I shall likely be escaping to Leeds early (like, 8.30ish bus from York) and rocking up to the pub at opening time (midday) so as to hog the downstairs tables - will probably do a comic/swag run to Smyths and Forbidden Planet beforehand, especially if there are new Legends of Magic/Movie Prequel comics out.

Bring DSes and Sun/Moon if you've got 'em - someone needs to give @sean retro 's Mega Lucario a good smacking :p There'll also be CCG, Pokemon and Cards Against Humanity assuming that nobody has nicked them from the pub, and they have consoles and stuff.

#297 Irregular Apocalypse, 20 July 2017
    Last edited: 21 July 2017
  18. Open Book

I could be up for the next one Not sure when my last Leeds meet was. But It would be nice seeing you lot again!

19. Irregular Apocalypse

Doubt there'll be anything this month unless someone else organises it (I'm too busy trying to find a new job and/or avoid murdering my co-workers) - next month is UKPonyCon, which rules me out at least.

I imagine that there'll be a Christmas meet once we know when the Christmas market is running (it's usually the second weekend in December if memory serves)

The past couple of meets have been pretty good fun - just chillin' in the pub playing Cards Against Humanity, Pokemon, MLPCCG, 3DS battle royals, retro gaming and general shenanigans. Fair play to the staff in Brewdog, they put up with us with remarkable aplomb :p

Oilyvalves likes this.
  20. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I hope to make it to Leeds again, 'tis been too long since I was last up there. Fingers crossed I can make the Christmas one, if/when it happens. Although there's a chance it clashes with my old man's 60th birthday do.

Those of you who will be at UK Ponycon, I'll look forward to seeing you there!