1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

R.I.P Playstation 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sweet Tale, 7 January 2013.

1. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

2. Omega Sprinkle

Omega Sprinkle The Adjectiveless

NES production lasted over twenty years, Nintendo wins again!
    *runs off into the night*

3. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

hold up i thought they sopped producing ps2 games and products a couple years ago, that being said the ps2 was a fantastic system had some memorable games and my system ive had since the year the ps2 came about still works like a treat just the disk drive mech is a little iffy due to me knocking it down a few to many times.

4. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

They win at everything...can't complain really :D

They released FIFA 13 for PS2 which was hard to believe. Must have been one of it's last games.

EDIT: Just looked it up. PES 13 was the last game.

Kirby Krackle likes this.
  5. Eiro

ugh football isnt my thing the ps2 should have had an awesome game to end its life.

Princess Luna likes this.
  6. Babbage

Babbage Square + Circle Is Life

Aww this makes me sad! Taking all bias out of console fanboydom, as much as I love the NES and Dreamcast, I would say the PS2 was the best console ever *ducks and hides from angry gamer bronies* It just had such great games, played DVD's back when a DVD player was £300+! and built pretty damn well, it was the Swiss army knife of gaming! It also has my second favourite game on it Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, unbelievably good game! Oh well rest in peace sweet prince :p

Sweet Tale likes this.
  7. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

I agree, I detest sports games.

Mentioned everything that was great about it. What's your most favourite game on it? Mine would be GTA: SA.

8. Eiro

the way i see it if someone wants to play a sport get some friend and go down the park, anyway there are far better games it could have ended on than a fifa game (sorry to any fifa fans out there)

also remember not to double post you can quote more than one post if need be.

9. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

Maybe a new Metal Gear Solid game...that would have been awesome.

10. Babbage

Like I said Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War is my favourite for the system, its one of those games that you don't expect a good story from but strap on it cause you're going for a ride! Its just so good and the music! Ohhhh sweet Celestia that music! Then the controls are just so tight its text book what a great game should be and I seem to be THE ONLY MAN ALIVE to have played it! :p Cant recommended it enough! After that I too love GTA: SA so much freedom! (and I like dumb cheats :p) see the PS2 was just something else, its not the one I hold most dear to my heart but I think its the best one ever! Also I saw PES 13 too and I was like WAAAA :eek: lol

11. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

A huge loss. I'm on my second PS2, but it's a free replacement due to the original getting so clogged with dust it stopped working. May it serve me faithfully for years to come.

12. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

I wonder if over the next year or two, pre-owned ps2 consoles will get more expensive due to this?

13. Omega Sprinkle

Omega Sprinkle The Adjectiveless

There's what, 150+ milllion of the things? A SNES will rarely set you back £40-ish and there is far, far less of them. If anything they will lower in value. You can already pick up a PS2 for just over a tenner from the right store.

14. Babbage

I hope not as I just donated mine to a friend, as a house warming gift, and need a replacement! (He's so lucky he's my oldest friend, anyone one else would have just got a card! :p)

15. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

Yeah, I suppose. Maybe one day, there'll be only one left...when hell freezes over.

Babbage likes this.
  16. Babbage

Ha "The year is 5,274 AD. Man kind has been thrown into a new ice age and its impossible to make bricks or grow wood for housing. Luckily there's enough PS2 to build shelters from!" :p they would still work too lol (In my head Liam Neeson said that.... God I got to stop with the War of the Worlds...

17. QuickSilver XD

QuickSilver XD from days gone by

These days are sad ones for the gaming world. I'm not gonna lie, the PS2 in my opinion was one of the best consoles EVER. And that's coming from a Sega fanboy.

Princess Luna, Sweet Tale and Babbage like this.
  18. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

SEGA fanboys unite! Can't beat good old fashioned cartridge games.

19. Babbage

*Hides hugging his NES* You crazy young'uns (Even though one is older than me) with your fancy 16-bits! And/or superior hardware! :p

20. QuickSilver XD

QuickSilver XD from days gone by

You ain't got nothing on my blast processing!