1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ratchet and Clank Series (PS2, PS3, PSP)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Leon K Fox, 6 June 2012.

1. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

This is one of my favourite game series, and as far as I can tell it has no thread on here, so I thought it was time to rectify that. ^^

I absolutley love this series, it's one of my all time favourites not just in the platforming genre, but in games period. I love the humour, crazy and at times inventive gadgets and weapons, the 3D platforming to be had in most of the games, and in the PS3 Trilogy one of my favourite stories in any video game ever, for the most part anyway.

I was quite late to join the party with the series though, despite my love of it. I had played demos of 1 and 3 on a few occasions but it wasn't until 2007 that the series really caught my attention. I was watching a bunch of trailers for upcoming games on GameTrailers, including several big exclusives for the PS3, one of which being Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction.

I was really impressed with the animation and character models, it was almost like Pixar in a video game when I first saw it, so I decided to look into it some more and thought it looked like an awesome game, I got the first game on PS2 for my 17th birthday in October 2007 and the third game a few weeks later and then a PS3 for Christmas with ToD, and I've been pretty much in love with the series since.

Sadly despite my love of it the only game I've beaten in the original PS2 Trilogy is the very first game, due to bad luck with save files, losing memory cards...but the HD Collection is out now (I pre ordered it and on its way to me from Amazon.co.uk :D) I aim to beat 2 and 3 at last on it and I'll finally get to play Ratchet and Clank 3's Multiplayer! ^^ Wanted to play it for years.

So, anypony else as into this series as I am? :)

2. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Only medium sneaky!

YES!!!

I'm a huge fan of Ratchet and Clank (my screen name is even plagiarised from Tools Of Destruction, LOL!)

Like you I was late to the series, despite having a PS2 I'd largely overlooked the Ratchet series - not for any particular reason, I just hadn't taken any notice of it. But after seeing a preview of ToD on GamerTV I thought that I quite liked the look of that and bought it when it came out (I was working in Dixons at the time so managed to bag it on release day, with staff discount too ;)) Needless to say I've been hooked ever since, I even bought a PS2 so I could play the older games as they wouldn't play properly on my PS3

Of the series, I've not played any of the PSP games and though I have a copy of Deadlocked (or whatever they called it in this country) that one kept crashing so I've not played that one either. I've also never got round to finishing All 4 One (fun fact, one of the titles for that game when it was in development was 4play, hehe)

Really looking forward to the HD collection, and also the new game that was recently announced - called Full Frontal Assault in the states and Q-Force over here. I'm also really hoping that they do another comic book mini series, I really enjoyed the one they put out last year, it was a really good way to continue the story from A Crack In Time and to set the scene for All 4 One.

3. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Ratchet and Clank is cool! One of the few remaining platformers I have any interest in whatsoever. Although I must admit, that isn't saying a great deal really..

But yeah. Good games. I owned the first and I think the second at the time they came out for the PS2, then went cold on the series (and gaming generally, now that I think about it) after that. I don't have a clue about half the Ratchet games since. But I do own A Crack in Time because it caught my interest when I was buying a PS3 and I was feeling nostalgic :p completed it too (although not 100%).

Didn't know more were coming out actually. I might have to look into the HD collection, although I'm more likely to veer towards the new game in the story :)

4. PixelTwister

PixelTwister Twisting Pixels since 1876!

Yeah, back in the days of the ps2, I played these games to death, and I still enjoy them nowadays. The first game in the series used to be my favourite platformer of all time, but nowadays that role has been taken over by Little Big planet 2. Sony is able to keep pumping out quality games after 15 years, and keep adding to the mix with new franchises and games (The Last of us, heavy rain) too. This is pretty much, why I prefer my ps3 to my 360, as the games are, In my opinion, much better.

But yeah, ratchet and clank is definitely one of my favourite game series'. :D

5. Leon K Fox

Just gotten this e-mail from Amazon.co.uk, and...well, I'm pretty gutted about it due to the error on their part x.x But it confirms what I'd already been thinking. Make this the second time this has happened...will they go for a hat trick?
    Hello,

We're contacting you about your pre-order *number removed* of 'The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy: Classics HD (PS3)'

Due to a website error, the estimated date for release was showing incorrectly on the website as June 8th. The correct date is June 29th and this has now been updated on the website.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope to see you again soon.

6. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

ive loved ratchet and clank series but i wasnt really a big fan of that ratchet was the last lombax in the universe thing besides Azimuth anyway but the weapons in the game were great.
    over all i liked the jumping back and forward from planet to planet like the old games to complete the story a little more.

7. Leon K Fox

How come? It has been done quite a few times, but I felt it was done especially well in the "Future" (as Americans call it) trilogy of games bar for an anti climatic ending to the third game, A Crack in Time. Still, I liked the way it introduced and expanded on themes that made sense for the series to explore and it was a gradual progression unlike Jak from Jak II with regards to incoperating the more "mature themes".

8. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

im not sure why its just the story didnt provide me with the enjoyment as much as the old ones especialy quest for booty, still a crack in time's gameplay was fun to play especially after getting the rhyno v

9. Max Apogee

I was a little confused by this, Amazon were stating the 8th and the release date, but pretty much everywhere else had the 29th listed. Amazon are usually pretty good with release dates, but I guess Derpy was in charge of the listing for this one, hehe.

Still, that's pretty annoying as it's already been pushed back, just means a longer wait. :(

10. Leon K Fox

Yeah, I'm really gutted about it as seeing the release date looming after having wanting this collection for so long (since the Sly Collection came out especially) and it already got pushed back once before.

11. Max Apogee

Yeah, I've been waiting for this for yonks as well and was really pleased when it was finally announced. There is one good thing about it being pushed back, it won't be the week before payday, LOL!!

Any idea if Deadlocked (or Gladiator, or whatever it was called in this country) is getting the PSN release over here, I know it is in the States, but wasn't sure if it was being released over here as well??

12. Leon K Fox

I don't see why Deadlocked/Gladiator (it's called Gladiator here but I prefer the name Deadlocked) wouldn't be released on our PSN as well as the States' and Japan's. I'll definitley be picking that up as well as the HD Collection when it FINALLY comes out and doesn't get pushed back again. Which I am really hoping it doesn't as I wanna play it so badly, to replay 1, get 2 and 3 beat at last and experience 3's multiplayer for the first time!

13. Max Apogee

I certainly hope it is, aside from the PSP games it's only one I've not played yet (as my PS2 copy doesn't work :() I was actually kinda' hoping they'd put out an HD collection volume 2 with Gladiator and the 2 PSP games ... guess that's not going to happen, hehe.

14. Leon K Fox

Yeah, that was what I was hoping would happen as well. I'd love to play HD Remasterings of the PSP games and not the half assed ports the PS2 got for both games. Granted I hated Secret Agent Clank even on the PPSP from what I played of it so it's actually mainly to play Size Matters remastered in HD xD

15. Max Apogee

We can only hope. They might get PSN releases like Deadlocked.

Anyway, I finally got round to finishing All 4 One a couple of weeks back, played it through from the start - took me about three days playing it on and off. It was a fun game, probably would have been better had I not been playing solo (the AI didn't want to do what I wanted it to do a lot of the time) it was fun though, not my favourite, but still good. The last boss did seem somewhat insultingly easy once I'd got the RYNO suit though, wouldn't have been so bad if the game didn't keep throwing ammo at me, lol!

16. Leon K Fox

Around 2 weeks to go until the launch of The Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy, will they go for thirds and push it back again? Let's hope not.

17. Max Apogee

Indeed, though with all the meets going on at the moment, I'm probably going to have to wait until next payday before I can pick it up :(

18. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

I've not really played much in the way of Ratchet and Clank. I've got Tools of Destruction, but to be perfectly honest I don't really see what the big deal is with it. It's not a terrible game, I just don't really seem to be enjoying it that much. :/

19. Max Apogee

I picked up the collection today, not had chance to play it yet though (going to do that in a few minutes) Really glad to see it finally released after being pushed back. I also kinda' hope they've changed the control scheme for the first game to better match the rest of the games (at the very least pause it while you're changing weapons) I guess I'll find out in a bit :D

20. Leon K Fox

My copy arrived from Amazon today :D I made a video for it on my YouTube Channel and I was mega excited, I was editing said video...then I was summoned to do painting downstairs and it's all been put on hold :( Of all the days...

Attached Files: