1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ratchet and Clank Series (PS2, PS3, PSP)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Leon K Fox, 6 June 2012.

1. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Well, my Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy video is now uploaded to YouTube. (Really wish I could play it still!)

2. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

may look into getting the ratchet and clank had collection got the first one on ps2 liked the third game but havent been able to get a hold of the second one, its the only hd collection game that interests me since i got the DMC one a month ago which i enjoyed thoroughly.

3. HappyGoLuckyPone

HappyGoLuckyPone Shocked and appalled!

I love all the R&C games, the only games I havent played are the mobile phone games and the newest PS3 entry which to me just looks like pants.
    Iv actually been meaning to finish Ratchet Gladiator (Deadlocked) but Iv found the difficulty curve to be wonky as all hell so I keep putting off finishing it.

Also the R&C future series has some of my fav end boss battles of all time though the end battle in Crack In Time was a bit MEH that game they did bring more advanced space gameplay into the series instead of the usual on rails stuff.
    I really liked that.

4. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Only medium sneaky!

So, I've played through the first few levels of Ratchet 1 on the collection now. Sadly they didn't take the opportunity to update the somewhat clunky control scheme from the first game - after playing the others you really do miss the lock on strafe move, and the fact that it doesn't pause when you go into the weapon select menu is incredibly annoying.

Still, it look's superb, the new graphics look really good. I can't really tell if they've done anything with the sound, but it sounds pretty good. I have stumbled across a couple of glitches though, hopefully they'll be fixed with an update.

Looking forward to playing through the rest of the game, I've only played through Ratchet 3 once, so I'm quite looking forward to having another go at that one.

5. Leon K Fox

I know I said both in this thread and my above video that I want to get Ratchet and Clanks 2 and 3 beat after all the horrible luck I've had with both games, but I've actually spent most of my time today on Ratchet and Clank 1. Play through the whole trilogy etc, and get any trophies I can from the first game as well. ^^

I did turn Ratchet and Clank 3 on for a bit in the hopes of finding a Deathmatch game to play as my first match of Ratchet and Clank online, but hardly anyone was playing it tonight :( Guess the game not being out in the US yet will no doubt be affefting that :/ Hope it picks up steam soon as I want to play that game online so badly!

6. HappyGoLuckyPone

HappyGoLuckyPone Shocked and appalled!

I wasnt going to get this HD re-release since I have them all on PS2 but youv just reminded me that they now have online Trophies and since I love R&C and Im a massive trophy whore I may get it just for the sweet R&C trophies.

7. Leon K Fox

I have all three games on the PS2 as well, but it was going to be a day one purchase for me as I wanted to play the games in HD (with the Sly and Jak HD Trilogy re-releases before it they ended up looking like modern downloadable games, absolutley beautiful and Ratchet is no different in that regard) plus it's just nice to have them all on one disk with Trophy Support.

I've been replaying Ratchet and Clank 1 on the HD Trilogy and is most certanily the definitive version of the game in my eyes. ^^

8. Max Apogee

Having played through most of Ratchet 1 now, a lot of the annoyances have started to re-appear. Not including the slightly ropey controls, chief amongst them is the fact that when you die enemies that you've killed regenerate, but bolt crates and ammo in your weapons don't. This is doubly annoying in Ratchet 2 when you get swarms of enemies which can often take most of your ammo, only to die and have to spend money buying more ammo only for it to happen again! Still an awesome game though.

On an unrelated note, I saw someone dressed up as Ratchet today :D

9. Fostergraph

Fostergraph Prospit Dreamer

Really enjoying it so far, but I ended up moving onto Ratchet 2 because I got really stuck on Ratchet 1.

I've done almost everything I can right now on it, but I need a Pilot's Helmet to get further. And the problem is, I don't know how to get it. It's telling me that I need to "scout the area" of Fort Krontos, but I have done pretty much everything I am able to do on that planet. There is a grindrail, but I don't have the grindboots. I honestly can't tell if it's glitched now.

10. Leon K Fox

Been replaying Ratchet and Clank 1 on the HD Trilogy since I got it. I do like the game but I have come to the decision that it is my least favourite game in the main series. The weapons not upgrading as you use them is really missed if you've played the sequels.

Not to mention, Ratchet is so irritating and unlikeable in the first game and his interactions with Clank aren't as funny or charming as they are in future games. Plus the lack of a strafe when shooting is REALLY noticeable.

11. OrangeJuiceFan1999

OrangeJuiceFan1999 Recognised Pony

R&C is such a brilliant series of games, I've played through all the main titles from the first game to a Crack in Time & completed multiple playthroughs of the earlier titles. The third game is by far my favourite because it has so many good characters, both newcomers and returners from the first game; Dr Nefarious for example is quite possibly my favourite video game villain ever. Plus I love the storyline, the music, the planets & the weapons (although I could also say that for pretty much every game). Oh and of course it was the first game to introduce the multiplayer concept which I had so much fun playing with friends.

Only game I haven't played is all for one, can anyone tell me if it is worth buying or not?

Ah yes, I know what part you're on about. In the first game you often find yourself having to return to previous planets in order to get items required to complete missions on others. It's been years since I played it but if I remember correctly you buy the grind boots from Fred on the space station earlier in the game. Just revisit it and find him, he'll be marked with the ? on the map seeing as you haven't done that objective yet. The pilots helmet will indeed be acquired at the end of the grindrail section on Krontos. A lot of the maps in the first game are like that. They may have 2/3 ? markers on the planet and the first one you come to may allow you to advance to a new planet. However the other missions may give you items which are vital later on, so it's best to complete all objectives (that you feasibly can) on a planet before you advance.

12. Max Apogee

I'd say it's worth buying ... I enjoyed it at least. It had a good story line and the humour was still there, but it was a huge departure from the series in terms of game play which took a bit of getting used to. Definitely find someone else to play with if you can as the friendly AI doesn't always do what you want it to ;)

I've finished Ratchet 1 now and have started Ratchet 2. I must be getting better at that one as it only took me three attempts to kill Drek, first time I played it I was stuck on that for DAYS! (the Gadgetron PDA is a life saver in that fight ;))

13. Sleepypony

Sleepypony Guest

wait, so this is the ps2 games redone for the ps3?

So i can finally let my 60GB ps3 be returned to the loft?

The only reason my ps2 is still in my living room is for this series of games.

SP

14. Max Apogee

Eeeyup. :D

I've got quite a few of the HD Classics collections now, was just waiting for a Ratchet one to be released.

15. Leon K Fox

Something I've come to realise over the past few days...I have no idea where my Ratchet and Clank comics have gone. :( I've not seen them since my room was redecorated recently. They'ce most likely just been out in the loft by mistake but I can't help but fear they'ce veen throan out by mistake :( There's so much stuff up there that I can't feasibly look for them.

I've ordered the soft cover book conpliation of the comics on Amazon.co.uk for a tenner, just in case the worsr case scenario has occured.

16. Fostergraph

I almost gave up on R&C 2 earlier. Gathering the Moonstones on Planet Grelbin is my definition of overkill.

17. Max Apogee

I've not even got that far yet (I'm stuck on Snivelak)

I'd forgotten how unforgiving this game is!

18. Fostergraph

I'd almost come very close to quitting on Snivelak as well! The helicopters are irritating beyond all description.

19. Leon K Fox

Cross posting a good chunk of this post from the "Your Day Of Gaming" thread that I recently posted this in. (With a few tweaks, but that's not important)

I've played some more Ratchet and Clank 1 on the HD Trilogy over the past few days. I'm now at the last boss battle with Chairman Drek and I'm finding him just as frustrating to beat as I did on my original copy on my PS2. Especially since death means restarting the entire course and all of the phases that go with it.

God I wish I could afford the R.Y.N.O...I did buy the Tesla Claw which does help, but he still owns me in the end. Wish I could remember how I beat him on my PS2 copy of this game.

Oh, and my replacement for the Ratchet and Clank comics arrived not yesterday but the day before. I do want to locate my original 6 separate issues at some point but at least I can still read them thanks to this :)

Attached Files:

20. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

i cant remember how many attempts it took me to beat Drek funnily enough out of all the R&C games i found him the hardest didn't help i didn't have either the R.Y.N.O or Tesla claw sorta just stuck it out and whittled him away piece by piece.