1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ratchet and Clank Series (PS2, PS3, PSP)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Leon K Fox, 6 June 2012.

1. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

B-b-but the ammunition gets to you instantly! Must be Gadgetron ripping you off royally. Either way I can reload my save to get past the problem if Drek kills me, does mean I have to traverse the level again which is a bit irritating, but thankfully most of the enemies on Veldin don't respawn and the Trespasser puzzles (god I HATE THE TRESPASSER!) don't need to be done again which is a huge relief.

2. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

Yes, I can see that being a pain in the flank. Can you not go back over some of the other levels and collect more bolts that way??

3. Fostergraph

Fostergraph Prospit Dreamer

Finally at the Mutant Protopet in R&C2. I feel I'm going to have to do a lot more grinding to get bolts and Nanotech if I'll ever beat it, though.

4. Leon K Fox

After numerous attempts (and traverses across Veldin in order to get to said boss battle) I have now beaten Ratchet and Clank 1 for a second time, this time on the HD Trilogy of course.

I must say though, playing Ratchet and Clank 1 makes you appreciate the sequels a great deal more, even if you already thought they were great games. Immediatley upon starting Ratchet and Clank 2 the controls are SO MUCH SUPERIOR it's not even funny.

The strafing whilst shooting is the main improvement, I've gotten so used to shooting like this that I may just stick to this control scheme for 3 and any future playthroughs I do of Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A Crack in Time. ^^

Plus the voice acting and Ratchet's characteriastion are MUCH improved as well. The weapons upgrading is a much welcomed addition from this point onwards, shame they don't go V1,V2 etc but rather just normal form then upgraded form. Though they do that in Ratchet and Clank 3 and onwards which is awesome. :)

5. Max Apogee

I started playing with Tools Of Destruction so I got used to playing with those controls. It took me ages to get used to playing Ratchet 1 with those controls.

They were greatly improved with Ratchet 2, but the difficulty was increased immensely, even with upgraded weapons I still manage to run out of ammo with the constantly re-spawning enemies that take ages to kill (incidentally, I'm still stuck on Snivelak!!) I think they finally got the right balance with Ratchet 3.

6. Max Apogee

Apologies for the double post, but I just saw this and wanted to share it ... trailer for the new game -

To be honest I'm not really sure what to think. It looks like they're going for an arena battle type game rather than the standard adventure-platformer which I'm not sure I'll enjoy as much as the other games. Graphically, it looks pretty good though, seems as though they're sticking with the art style from All-4-One.

7. Leon K Fox

Apologies for the bump here, but I'm about go to bed and I'm kinda stuck on Ratchet and Clank 2 thanks to my n00bishness.

I need the gadget required to follow the maintenance bot on Planet Dobbo within the facility but I don't know what planet it's on. I would Google it but my web browser on this phone isn't working too great atm, plus I wanted a reason to revive this thread anyway. :p

8. Leon K Fox

Well this thread's been dead for almost three years, we just got the first proper theatrical trailer for the upcoming movie (the one at E3 2014 was great but not a movie trailer in the conventional sense) thought I'd post it here and share my thoughts to try and revive it.

It looks absolutely phenomenal. The decision to make it an animated film and actually look like the game it's based on was one that seems simple but hasn't been heeded by the vast majority of theatrical video game to film adaptations which are live action and on top of all the other problems usually look horrendous as well.

This also has the added perk of being developed in cahoots with the original developers, script writer and voice cast so bar for the obnoxious narrator and a few bits here and there it feels like a cinematic straight from one of the games.

It is quite curious that Captain Quark is being presented as a legitimate (if goofy) hero here, presumably it's to set up a similar plot twist to the original game. I just hope it's not identical, I loved Quark in the PS3 games but found him incredibly unlikable in the original trilogy, confused as to whether he wanted to be an antagonist or comic relief and downright sociopathic in the first game to boot.

If he is going to screw over Ratchet and Clank, I hope it's something like sabotaging them during missions to maintain his place as the greatest universal superhero or something along those lines. If I recall in the original game he killed legitimate heroes to take credit for their work, whilst working with a businessman who wanted to kill a large chunk of life in the universe with a crazy plan to build a new planet.

Has always been odd for me to consider those origins when I see him in later games. He can still be self centrered but his heart is in the right place a lot of the time, and he's much funnier in those games as well.

#68 Leon K Fox, 18 October 2015
    Last edited: 19 October 2015
    Robshi likes this.
  9. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I have to admit it really looks stunning from what I've seen so far. Though Drek looks slightly different than he did in the first game. I might go and see this film actually looks like it's going to be a step up from most adapted video game movies. A shame I never got to complete the third game in the Ratchet and Clank series, the first two I've finished and I've been re-watching cutscenes for the first game that I haven't seen years and still can't get over how much of an asshole Ratchet was before they gave him a personality change. Now I've played games like Devil May Cry and No More Heroes where the characters are not known for their like-ability but he's just too much for me really. Good thing he's much nicer in the other games than in the first one.

10. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

It looks good, we just have to wait next year to watch it.

11. Max Apogee

I am SOOOO looking forward to this movie. I've been really excited for it ever since it was announced several years ago now, but it's finally happening and that's awesome. Annoyingly, it doesn't yet have a UK release date, but the US release date is April 29th which is the day before my birthday, so hopefully the UK release won't be that different.

This new trailer has just upped my anticipation for the movie as well, it looks like they've done the remake thing properly, kept the bits that worked and changed those that didn't. Ratchet, for example, seems much more likeable than he did in the first game. The animation looks amazing as well, if the new PS4 game looks anything like the movie, then that will be something worth looking at too.

Speaking of the new game, I'm also really excited by that as well. While I enjoyed the first PS2 game, there was a lot that ... could have been done better (and was done better in later games in the series) so I'm Really hoping that take this opportunity to fix things like the control scheme. I do wonder if the celebratory voice cast from the film will be in the game, though.

Leon K Fox likes this.
  12. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Despite not having finished the third game I'm really looking forward to the movie it seems like they are going for a movie and going for something different, something flesh you might say while still being within the franchise itself. The April 29th date is for the American release? Fine I'll have to wait and see what ours is then.

13. Leon K Fox

Some Ratchet and Clank PS4 goodness from Sony's press conference in Paris :D

14. Leon K Fox

Some more Ratchet and Clank PS4 coverage from Playstation Experience! It was great watching but I do hope it's the last coverage we get before it and the film launch, I think we've got enough at this point before it comes out.

One thing that's caught me off guard is that the film and game don't share the same release date, they're not even in the same week. The game comes out April 12th 2016, whereas the film is out April 29th and I wanted to see the film first to experience the story in a new medium for the first time, then play the game... welp D:

Here are the videos from PSX, in any case.

15. Max Apogee

So, the new game was released in the states this week, and comes out here 22nd, and so far it's been getting some seriously good reviews. A few sites have given it perfect review scores, and the others haven't been that far behind it. This makes me even more excited than I was before to play it. And from what I've seen of it in trailers and gameplay videos, it looks amazing (and I'm not one who usually cares overly (or, at all) about graphics)!!

Apparently, the games does include clips from the film, so I'm not sure if I want to watch the film first and then start playing the game ...

Speaking of the film, the UK release date is the same as the US, the 29th (the day before my birthday :D) Which is also the same day that Captain America Civil War releases, so I know where I'll be spending all my time that day ;) No reviews for the film yet, though ...

16. 5L0TH

5L0TH Forever late

Huge fan of the series since I was a kid, own all of them except the psp games. This game is really starting to make me want to get a ps4 but I don't think I can justify buying one for one game alone and a remake at that. But holy hell if it doesn't look gorgeous.

17. Leon K Fox

I now own the game! I haven't played much of it at all as I want to see the film first, it's new unventured territory as far as mediums go for the franchise and I'm excited for it a bit moreso than the game. I'd rather spoil the game's story by seeing the film first than vice versa.

Been playing the opening segment at the Galactic Ranger tryouts, watching the movie scene with Ratchet's interview and then stopping, replaying that over as a makeshift demo of sorts until I've seen the film and can play further.

Got my tickets to see the film booked! :D Meeting up with some folk (some I know well and others not so much, it's a mixed bunch x3) to watch the film on Saturday, cannot WAIT!

Sallee likes this.
  18. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Planning on seeing the movie before work and then putting my PS4 on over time.

19. Sallee

Sallee Recognised Pony

I'm seeing the film today in the Vue in Cambridge it hasn't got the best reviews but bah I'll make my own judgement.Been playing the game just done Pokitaru and done some backtracking to collect some gold bolts.Am impressed.Absolutely love it and I only played the original trilogy and PS3 titles for the first time last year can't believe it took me so long because R&C is sooooo good.

20. Leon K Fox

Today is the day...well, for me at least. I know it's not gotten the best reviews and they certainly disheartened me at first seeing how we've all been waiting three years for this film, but the fan response on my Twitter feed has been mostly positive which rejuvenated my hopes for the film.

Meeting up with friends and some folk I've not met but seem nice, and we're all seeing the film at Showcase Cinema Deluxe here in Bristol, and once I'm back home I am binging the ever loving heck out of the game.