1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Rate the last film you've watched

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by finalsight, 24 September 2012.

1. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

I recently, finally, got round to watching Mad Max Fury Road. It was a good film, I enjoyed it, but I remember thinking to myself before watching it that from the trailers it looked just like post apocalyptic Wacky Races. Then this dude turned up ...
    [​IMG]
    That film is TOTALLY post apocalyptic Wacky Races (though that guy is about the most metal thing ever! :D)

Definitely worth a watch.

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  2. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Suicide Squad - 7/10 - Harley Quinn kept it from dipping to a 6. I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the Joker... But he was only in it for around 10 darn minutes... Heck Heck, flippin Heck. It was enjoyable though, I just had my hopes up for more madness.

The Shallows - 7/10 - Good suspense, not bad acting, stupidity of the human race entering the domain of the sea creatures... Could of had more gore for my liking.

3. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Men in Black 2: 7/10. An amusing sequel, although I think I prefer the original film.

4. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Atticus Institute

#1404 Danishbrony2011, 19 August 2016
    Last edited: 19 August 2016
  5. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Suicide Squad
    Really good.

6. Danishbrony2011

[​IMG]

The Girl in the Photographs

[​IMG]

Once Upon A Time In Mexico

7. Golden Star

Golden Star Formerly ChrisDilke

Suicide Squad - 5/10

Finally saw this film, and my thoughts are much the same as the other DCEU films; better than I was expecting but I don't think that really makes it good either. The cast do work well together, but Will Smith's Deadshot and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn were the only characters the film convinced me to care about. And maybe it's the brony in me talking, but seeing Jai Courtney's character carrying a pink unicorn plushie (which he even calls Pinkie), and checking to make sure it didn't get damaged in combat after one fight scene, that got a laugh out of me. Speaking of laughs, I did appreciate that it tried to have a lighter tone in comparison to Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, and Smith was pretty amusing, but it still takes itself too seriously. Besides that, not much else. The Joker is insultingly underused, the action is pretty standard fare, and its 15 rating is a joke. In terms of violent or menacing content, it's pretty tame. I've seen 12s that are much worse. Never outstanding, but never truly awful either.

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  8. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Popstar: Never stop never stopping - 7/10.
    Goofy, fun and quite crude. Not much else is expected from Andy Samsberg tbh.

9. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Dragonball Z: Resurrection F - 8/10
    A fun and action packed film, although I did prefer Battle of Gods. I was a little irked at some of the missing characters here but I enjoyed this nonetheless.

MCtoastie likes this.
  10. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

Spy - 7/10 A good send-up of Spy films. Jason Straham's over-the-top character was fun, and Miranda Hart was good even if she was basically just playing the same role as her sitcom. Despite having the same director and lead I didn't enjoy it as much as Ghostbusters though - it dragged a little in places.

11. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Finding Dory - 9/10
    A really good sequel with a lot of emotional moments, as well as some good laughs. It's nice to see that they kept the quality of the original film and added more to it. The start of the credit sequence was pretty fun too. I also loved the short animation before the main film featuring a coastal bird learning to feed. So adorable! :D

12. Danishbrony2011

[​IMG]

Filmax Summer Camp 2016

13. Golden Star

Sausage Party - 6/10

A decidedly adults-only animation from the twisted minds of Seth Rogen and friends. If you like their sense of humour, you'll probably enjoy this film without issue. I'm neutral to their comedy though, and while I did enjoy this film, seeing a bunch of cartoon foods and foodstuffs constantly dropping swear words and innuendos gets really tiring, and for much of the movie, that's its one joke, and it often lacks any distinctive punchline. And the third act features one of the most insanely wrong climactic sequences I've seen (and cannot un-see) in a long time. Surprisingly though, it does pack some clever and thought-provoking messages into the mix, which is where it works best. Oh, and no less than five voice actors from MLP appear in small roles in this film, so there's that as well... I guess.

14. Danishbrony2011

15. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Wreck It Ralph - 9/10

The BBC seems to like showing this film for some reason. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago when I rated it here. Still, I did enjoy watching it again. It is a classic and a nice recent offering from Disney.

16. Danishbrony2011

17. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Well it is one of the best films ever made xD

Golden Star likes this.
  18. Danishbrony2011

19. Golden Star

Not sure I would go THAT far, but I do agree that it is a modern classic, and I also think it's the best Disney animated classic of the 2010s.

20. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Its not as good as Frozen or Tangled but its still in my top 5 films ever lol but am kinda Disney biased =p