1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Discussion Roleplay ideas from you, the roleplayers.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Blaze_Midnight, 4 November 2014.

1. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Basically sell your ideas and see what interest you can get for them. I've come up with a few ideas in the past and they are hit and miss. The Nightmare Night themed RP is still wanting others to join (Want to get a couple more posts before I post anything more)..

But any ideas you lot have please post them and see what others think.

2. Aetherious

Aetherious Resident Medical Horsie

I talked to some people on the UKofE chat and a lot of them seemed interested in a Fallout Equestria RP over skype. Pending some response in this thread I may set up a skype group and DM it if that's what people want... I understand time can be a problem but from my experience it's great fun.

3. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Personally I love the idea of an FoE roleplay but I like the semi novelised style we have going, which sadly I doubt will translate well in Skype. Plus we can't really do it here... Too much blood and gore etc

4. Blaze_Midnight

I have some friends (I know... me with friends is a scary though at times) and they do FoE RP over skype voice calls..

Fridge likes this.
  5. Fridge

Aww you have friends :) I'd like to think I count amoung them :p

Blaze_Midnight likes this.
  6. Aetherious

Well I get pretty into the Skype RP's I'm in, I have two pretty good storylines in the two groups I play with as well. We play by text rather than voice, the only problem sometimes is just with new people not realizing that it is an RP, not a video game; meaning they can just about do anything. If there's some more interest I'll look into writing up a new story and collecting skype names.

7. Fridge

Colour me intrigued :) but I have limited time currently.

8. Aetherious

Well fridge, you can add me on skype at hanni.sempai - the times can be very flexible and it seems I'll be getting a few more people together anyway.

9. Fridge

Cool, I shall make a point of doing that :)

10. Recurrent Trotting

Been ages since I've done any pony rp and I'd like to try it again.

But I'm not that into the longer open ended sort of rp anymore - it'd be nice to try something focused. The idea I'm toying with is to have a RP that wrapped up in a certain time period, like a week, and that the rp has to follow a structure, so that first day = intro, day 2 crisis, days 3-6 fixing crisis, day 7 ponies hugging and making up :)

What do you think?

11. Blaze_Midnight

Problem with doing the rp over a certain time period is that you can't guarentee that there will be much interms of posting. Sadly for the past few months the rp has been very quiet and I do wish it would pick up a little more. But atm it's just myself and @Privet mostly in the 'Seasonal RP' with @Aethelberdia just starting back again. Even though it's been a little while since last post (makes sense though with school/ work/ just after christmas or new years)

Technically the seasonal RP was gonna be one that was just 'post when you want and if you wanna go away with your own thing then do so' sort of thread.

12. Recurrent Trotting

If you're more active then we could do a weekly thing together, then if people saw that (and it worked) maybe activity would get up? And if not - well it would be fun I think :)

Idea is that the players agree how the RP is structured, whether there are events and who sets them off etc and then the RP plays out between the two. Players only agree to the time-frame if they know they'll be able to post, and time-frames are kept short so that players shouldn't lose their desire to post during the RP.

Would you be interested in giving it a go? If so I could make a thread setting it up with one of your characters in the OOC area (I think the only char I have approved here is Pearblossom, so I'll use her).

13. Blaze_Midnight

Hmmm. It could be possible. See what you come up with and go from there I guess.

14. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Since i'm back to a more humane schedule, i'm wanting to get back into the fun thorough RPs that used to be had. buuuut... there's been a lot of changes and additions into the canon of the MLP universe. such as the additions of hippogriffs, sea-ponies and whatever those hairy ape-like creatures are amongst many many more.

I'd like to start up a roll play expanding or experimenting on these new gems that Hasbro has given us much like the adventure of the phoenix RP but perhaps with a more adventurous focus rather than a cross continent war. A good comparison could be to a classic Dungeons and Dragons story of sorts, but in our style and the other RPers keeping one another inline rather than a Dungeon master per say, i'm just spitballing anyway

But all of that means nothing if there's a "ban" on these new additions much like the classic dragons and their ability to be amazingly broken and powerful. (which i agree with fully fyi)

15. Blaze_Midnight

I don't see any issue with having new species in tbh. The world is expanding and as such, on here shouldn't have a problem with doing so either. New characters and species would be great to see.