1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Flash Screensavers

Discussion in 'Flash and Video' started by Mare Serenitis, 6 November 2016.

1. Mare Serenitis

Mare Serenitis Night time is the right time.

So... Moments ago someone posted something that caught my eye eleswhere. It was a webm with a flawless looping animation of Chrysalis, I dunno, doing magic stuff.
    After some hunting around I found the source for this thing which enthralled me so, a guy going by the name equumamici.
    And this is what I saw: http://equumamici.deviantart.com/art/Chrysalis-Animated-558028062

This simply had to be turned into a screensaver, it is just too perfect.
    So a brief re-encoding and packaging later this is the result:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02753143796270255013

Please enjoy cheeselegs responsibly.

------------------------------------------------------------

Done a few more.

Redid Chrysalis at higher res to try and get rid of artifacting. Limited success.

The First Nightmare (source)
    Neighgara Falls (source)
    Luna Portrait (source)
    Raise the Sun (source)

All now have proper credits on them, and can have thier display settings changed.
    They all look okay stretched to fit the current screen so that's thier default, the scaling options leave whitespace borders which don't look so good imo. (Only the waterfalls and portrait are mildly degraded by stretching, the rest scale perfectly.)

#1 Mare Serenitis, 6 November 2016
    Last edited: 2 December 2016
  2. Rubyhoof

Rubyhoof A stupid little horse

Pretty sweet :3 . I'm not sure if screensavers are going out of fashion but this is pretty neat. ^.^

3. Rubyhoof

Rubyhoof A stupid little horse

Can you please link the credits to the other screensaver art here too - folk might want to preview before they install on their confusers. :3

4. Mare Serenitis

Mare Serenitis Night time is the right time.

Done.