1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 5 Premiere Pub Meet Feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Thorn, 4 April 2015.

1. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

So guys, great meet today. Enjoyed the episode despite technical hiccups, loved the games of Lie Swatter (again, despite technical hiccups) and overall, it was a day well spent with familiar faces.

Share your experiences below and we hope you had a brilliant time.

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  2. Solar Wind

Solar Wind Bring back Robot Wars

Well, I got someone to draw my OC, so a great success really for me.

3. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

It was certainly good seeing some folks again, even though my attendance was split by a furry meet, overall I had a pretty fun day. :D

4. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

5. Flipturn

Flipturn I've seen footage

UKAP is the one true party

Yeah this was a load of fun, felt good to have ponies back, brought Cansdotwav to the Drawful games and sang bad karaoke, just another day

Josh likes this.
  6. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

It has been tooooooooo long since I came to a meetup. it was wonderful seeing y'all again and hanging out. Thanks to Trottingsky for bringing in 40K Relic, even if I royally sucked at it (Until I started playing the bad guys, where I rocked so hard at the NPC rolls that I think I may have given one player an aneurism), and thanks to everybody I hung out with over the day. Major technical hitches aside, it was a pretty awesome meetup all round.

Oh, and the karaoke was loads of fun as always. And I hate to blow my own trumpet, but that karaoke performance of Don't Mine at Night... think I pretty much nailed it :D

An Obese Skeleton likes this.
  7. Coastie

Coastie Aerospace Pony.

I'll write some words tomorrow, but I'll just leave this here for starters........

[​IMG]

8. Not a Brony

Not a Brony not a brony no more dead account

once again i apoligize for my attempt at It'll be ok on the karaoke
    so as an apology have a proper cover

#8 Not a Brony, 5 April 2015
    Last edited: 5 April 2015
  9. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Sorry, but I've just changed the thread title. This was the Season 5 Premiere Pub Meet, S5LDN will be a separate event which will occur at a latter (to be determined) date. Thanks to everyone who turned up today, and especially those who donated, helped out or otherwise contributed to the smooth running of the event! We hope to see some of you again at S5LDN or another pub meet!

10. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

... You're right, my apologies.

11. An Obese Skeleton

An Obese Skeleton Fresh from your mausoleums

Epic meet. Epic episode. Epic... everything, really.

Loved every moment of it.

12. A Newcomer

A Newcomer A Shadowbolt's reputation never dies.

This meet was absolutely fantastic. The fun that was to be had was definitely better than last year's Finale Party. And though I missed the quiz (much to my disappoinment, It was a pleasure to play a few games of Lie Swatter before the episode itself.

Oh, and speaking of the episode, it definitely cured my Writer's Block, that's for sure...

13. Flipturn

Flipturn I've seen footage

Posting one of the highlights: BoJoPuff on the karaoke singing Boris'll Make Man Out Of You :p @BarkBirch

(sorry about the possibility of ads, nothing I can do as somehow YouTube recognised the song as belonging to Disney)

#13 Flipturn, 5 April 2015
    Last edited: 6 April 2015
  14. Coastie

Coastie Aerospace Pony.

That was a really good day. I prevaricated quite a bit about whether to go, on the basis that a lot of my friends weren't going (for all sorts of good reasons), but with hindsight it was definitely worth it!. :)

It was fun to drag my camera out and do some photography this time too. I've attached my photos below.

Thanks to all the organisers - I know how much work goes into these things!

I think it's important to note that attempting to livestream something from a different continent isn't especially easy, as we've all experienced at various other events. The majority of the time the issue is upstream and out of the control of the local event. I think we can agree that overall the technical issues were extremely minor given the low event cost (i.e. zero) and small team:)

15. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

That was an awesome meet! The episode was epic, our disastrous attempt at the pub quiz (damn you, fandom/music rounds XD) was great and the Lie Swatter/Drawful games were loads of fun ^_^ glad the karaoke eventually got working too - much apologies to everyone's ears, was my first time solo so was kinda nervous (I did Under Our Spell), but I had lots of fun singing anyway, both solo and in the Winter Wrap Up group...so that's what counts, right? ^^;;

Shout outs to @mlpbronypony , @Thorn , @Storm , @Amlaur for hanging out with me and being awesome, and anypony else I happened to talk to (I was in the Maud Pie cosplay XD) and of course to the organisers for making this all possible! Congrats on an awesome job guys, hope to see you all again for the finale ^__^

Amlaur, Thorn, handy443 and 1 other person like this.
  16. handy443

handy443 Pixel Puppy

Let me add my thanks to the organisers for organising this at quite short notice, and on an Easter weekend as well! I and my brother both had a blast. Although the episode wasn't quite as jaw droppingly spectacular as Twilight/Tirek, it was one of the most daring episodes in terms of ideas, and I was very happy to see Fluttershy play an eventful role, as well as the writers having some fun with pointing out Twilight's princess status :p
    It was great to see some familiar faces again @I'dLikeToBeATree @mlpbronypony @Mane25, @shadowstruck and finally meet IRL @Thorn, @Coastie and @electrokitty after communicating over the past year through various anonomising protocols (aka TS and IRC), although I also managed to fail to spot @Amlaur entirely... (sorry! - the absence of Rainbow Dash cosplay is probably why...)

shadowstruck, Thorn, Coastie and 3 others like this.
  17. InLucidReverie

InLucidReverie Cupcake?

totally forgot these threads exist...

don't suppose any footage of me and the other guy singing raise The sun? hehhehe

An Obese Skeleton likes this.
  18. Gryvern

Gryvern Honorary Pony

'Ello guys.

Here are my photos from the pub meet.

I meant to post these up ages ago, but things kept getting in the way. Flickr wasn't being cooperative on uploading for a while, and that whole "real life" thing was keeping me busy. ;)

The meetup was great fun. Hopefully I'll be able to join y'all again for the next one. :)

Cheers!

19. An Obese Skeleton

An Obese Skeleton Fresh from your mausoleums

I'll testify to being that other guy.