1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6/7/8/9 news and spoilers discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 6 December 2015.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

This is intended to be very similar to the S5 news and spoilers thread, in that it will be a place for general discussion of Season Six. (Edit: and seasons beyond that!) That includes news, reactions to news, Twitter hints from staff, all that jazz. In line with the older thread, please use spoiler tags as appropriate to avoid people being accidentally spoiled.

In answer to the question: "Isn't it a bit soon to put this up?" the answer is no, not really: the S5 thread went up a few days before the S4 finale aired, so this one is actually slightly later! Yet within a few weeks there was significant news appearing about the new season, eg that Rainbow Dash would get a solo song.

So, what do we know so far? We know there will be a Season Six, which is the most important thing! We fear that the wait before it begins may be a long one, based partly on John de Lancie's tweet about "a year". Everything beyond that looks like guesswork.

#1 Loganberry, 6 December 2015
    Last edited: 17 February 2017
    Dax likes this.
  2. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I didn't know spoiler tags were a thing in these threads; I assumed that this was the one place where spoilers could roam free, hence why I never ventured into the last one. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, some of you may be aware that Big Jim Miller was the latest guest on Dustykatt's 'Stay Brony My Friends' chat show. It's an interesting thing to listen to if you've got the spare time. During it, he did seem to drop a subtle hint:

He was responding to criticism he'd received about Starlight's redemption being rushed in the finale. He seemed to imply that they're far from done with Starlight's arc, and that maybe the season 6 premier will be a direct follow up/expansion to the season 5 finale, in the same way that Princess Twilight Sparkle followed straight on from Magical Mystery Cure. At least, that's what I got out of it.

When asked about his favourite episodes, he said he's excited about some of the stuff in season 6, so that sounds good :).

#2 Oilyvalves, 6 December 2015
    Last edited: 7 December 2015
  3. WelshPony

WelshPony Habitual Pony

I knew they were going to expand Starlight's story in season 6. I wonder if they'll explain how Starlight got her cutie mark, since she hates them so much.

4. Nova Viper Dwagon

Nova Viper Dwagon Well-Known Pony

Counter spoiler
    Maybe it was though studying how to get rid of them she stumbled apon some old starswirl the bearded scrolls and got her cuity mark that way

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  5. Loganberry

The consensus on that evolved as the S5 thread went on, and it may well do so again, but as an example: official episode synopses would not require spoiler cuts, but stuff like SDCC animatics should have them. So this thread won't be safe if you want to be totally in the dark about the next episode or whatever, but it should be mostly safe if you don't want to know anything more than EQD would have told you. The standard will generally be roughly the same as what's in the episode threads before each ep goes out.

6. Honestblade

I hope that they expand Sombra's a bit he has almost no lines and I kind of like that villain :3

7. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Needs moar Chryssy, too.
    I quite liked the darker turn that the finale took, so it'll be interesting to see if this continues (within reason, naturally) in S6.

Holder's Boulder (from Hearthbreakers) will turn out to be more than a humongous egg-shaped rock.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. Honestblade

9. anthony rothstein

Have you read the fiendship comic that he appeared in? It explained his backstory and stuff. That he's an Umbra pony.

10. Honestblade

no I didnt but I meant in the tv series :3

(I dont really like comics exept for manga)

11. anthony rothstein

Well if you're wanting anything Sombra related then the comics are where it's at. It's not likely he'll make any big appearances in the TV show beyond what happened in the S5 finale.

I wonder if that means we'll be getting a S6 opener that isn't a fight against a villain or the end of the world. But instead a friendship problem pure and simple!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  12. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Well, the comics aren't manga but some of the stories are quite a bit darker than you'd get in the TV series - have a peruse through the comic thread and judge for yourself.

I don't think the S6 premiere being a direct follow-on from the S5 finale is too far fetched on previous form - assuming that it is a two-parter then I wouldn't be at all surprised if it dealt with Twilight and Starlight struggling with their respective ends of the teacher/student relationship.

Whilst I'm not a fan of Starlight's character, largely because the whole 'reformed villain' thing was done to death with Discord, it'll be interesting to see how her character and relationship with the Mane 6 is developed - I can't help thinking it'll be a retread of what was done with Sunset Shimmer in EQG

DerpyWhooves and Oilyvalves like this.
  13. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Also a filly.

14. anthony rothstein

You mean colt? Or you calling him a girl? haha. I missed that part.

15. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

The latest comic has a horse terminology derp-up and seemingly didn't realize "filly" was gendered.

anthony rothstein likes this.
  16. Loganberry

You'd think that would be kind of basic knowledge for a franchise about equines, but there you go. Andy Price occasionally forgot pegasi had wings in his early comics, after all. :p

While people are commenting on hopes and possibilities for S6, here's one via EQD: Weird Al says he'd "love to go back on MLP", whether in the series or in a movie. Here:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/12/weird-al-expresses-interest-in-more.html

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  17. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Yes! A big fat yes from me! Seriously everybody on the MLP team get Weird Al to play Cheese Sandwich! He was brilliant as Cheese, please put him in an episode for season 6! I'm begging you!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  18. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Heh.. they'll be a few "No Offence"s.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  19. anthony rothstein

I really hope he does! And it can't just be a short cameo! Needs to be another full on musical episode!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  20. Steel_Ivy

Steel_Ivy Pony

You know cutie marks just happen, like cold or cancer I guess