1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6/7/8/9 news and spoilers discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 6 December 2015.

1. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Episode 3

Honestley, I'm actually getting really bored of Maud Pie now, yeah she was fun on her debut but her character is old now... Plus Pinkie does have 2 other Sisters you know, why not give one of them a chance to shine.. Ok maybe not Marble as she isn't interesting enough but a Limestone Pie focused episode would be great.

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

3. Loganberry

Synopsis for episode 4 is up. It's quite spoilery, so look beneath the cut at your own discretion!

"Fake It 'Til You Make It"

"Fluttershy is the only pony available to look after the Manehattan boutique while Rarity is away and takes on a series of characters to cope with the intimidating clientele. But as her characters get more and more exaggerated, Fluttershy learns that she was already the best pony for the job just by being herself."

My thoughts:

Squee! at another Fluttershy/Rarity episode at last, though tempered by a little disappointment that it looks like they won't actually have much screen time together. The last sentence of the synopsis is a bit dull, since that's a very obvious lesson. However, if whoever's writing it can do it in an interesting/new way, I expect I'll still enjoy it.

4. Loganberry

Synopses for episodes 5 and 6! Note that E6 was one of the leaked ones, so be even more careful than usual if you're trying to avoid spoilers. Obviously, there's nothing from the leaks under the cuts, just the synopses:

Episode 5: "Grannies Gone Wild"
    Granny Smith and her elderly friends are headed to Las Pegasus, and Rainbow Dash tags along as chaperone so she can ride the best rollercoaster ever before it closes. Unfortunately, following Applejack's care-taking rules for the "Golden Horseshoe Gals" keep Dash so busy, she doubts she'll even get to see the rollercoaster!

Episode 6: "Surf and/or Turf"
    The Cutie Mark Crusaders try to help a young Hippogriff figure out where he belongs. With family members on Mt. Aris as well as Sea Pony relatives in Seaquestria, he can't decide where to live. Unfortunately, the CMCs are so taken with both places, they can't decide either!

Edit 3/3: And now the synopsis for episode 7 is out. I'm not sure when this rush of synopses is going to subside, but here we go anyway. This was also a leaked episode, but as usual the synopsis is from Zap2It via EqD:

"Horse Play"
    Princess Celestia's fillyhood dream of being in a play is realized when Twilight Sparkle casts her in production, only to discover Celestia's talents lie elsewhere.

#764 Loganberry, 2 March 2018
    Last edited: 3 March 2018
  5. Loganberry

Sorry about all these posts, but things keep being released! This time it's another trailer for the premiere:

Danishbrony2011 and Mane25 like this.
  6. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

I like how incredibly insincere the narrator's line read of "Friendship is for ever!" is.

7. Loganberry

Guess what? It's an episode synopsis! This one's for episode 8. If further ones appear before there are any replies to this thread, I'll edit them into this post.

Episode 8: "The Parent Map"
    "Neither Starlight nor Sunburst have visited their parents in a long time, but when both are called by the map to their home town, they discover their parents are at the centre of the friendship problem they need to solve."

8. Loganberry

Me again! :p Discovery Family is doing a "Pony Palooza" pre-season extravaganza. Most of it is simply repeats of show episodes, but one big piece of news is that they'll be showing what the trailer suggests is S8 animatic footage. I don't think even The Hub ever did that. Trailer under the cut, as it does contain some S8 footage and the thumbnail is spoilery:

9. Loganberry

10. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the upcoming episode synopses lately, I guess the leaks put me off - but now time to open those spoiler tags.
    Slightly disappointing not to see more School of Friendship episodes - I hope they don't neglect that too much.

Episode 3 - Nick Confalone did Rock Solid Friendship last season, which I really liked, so a good choice to do another Maud episode.

Not a lot to say about 4 and 5, they're quite generic descriptions and will all depend on the way they go with it and the writer.

Episode 6 - now that's interesting - big movie tie in here - and good to see the CMCs back

Episodes 7 and 8, again it depends where they take it

11. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

12. Loganberry

Those are the same synopses that have been discussed on Equestria Daily recently. As such, I think we can treat them as solid enough to discuss in this thread -- with spoiler-tags, of course. Some of them are quite spoilery, so view with caution!

#772 Loganberry, 25 March 2018
    Last edited: 25 March 2018
  13. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

14. sten whik

sten whik Space

Don't watch Discovery Family ads, there's a very spoilery trailer in them.

15. Loganberry

I watch almost all the trailers, but from what I've heard people say I think I'm going to skip this one. There are spoilers and there are SPOILERRRS, and this one seems to be the latter. :p

16. Equinox

Equinox Pony

I watched this one by accident because it was in suggested videos and I didn't know :(

I was doing so well avoiding spoilers! So well!

17. Loganberry

Via EqD: the UK magazine has revealed a character from the S8 finale! Some people already know about this from the various leaks, so I'll confine myself here to just posting the picture - which features her name and cutie mark, too:

[​IMG]

18. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I been waiting
    I been waiting in ages for Spike to get wings.

19. Loganberry

There are two major pieces of news today! These are both from Equestria Daily.

One: there will be a mid-season hiatus after episode 13 airs on 9th June. This is not really surprising, given that this has been the norm for a few years now. No word on when S8 will resume, but I'd imagine late summer/early autumn.

Two: All of episodes 10 to 13 inclusive have been released (officially) on a Finnish on-demand service. This includes the remaining leaked episodes, plus one other that was not leaked. They're Finnish-language only for now, but I expect there'll be unofficial English dubs before long -- so be careful out there!

20. Eurocoin

Eurocoin Finnish MLP-blogger

This is kind of a big thing for us Finns in general and as MLP fans, since we hardly ever get anything (TV programming) early. I've known almost a month, that these episodes would be released today. Basically I watched those episodes 10-13 as the first thing today. Now I can stop dodging those season 8 leaks and spoilers (unless some more happens).