1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6/7/8/9 news and spoilers discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 6 December 2015.

1. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

the only thing i want to happen in the last season is bringing back some of the characters introduced in the movie and an older flurry heart

2. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

Yes! Maybe we could have a crossover for season 9!
    [​IMG]

#822 Thomas+Ponies, 17 February 2019
    Last edited: 18 February 2019
  3. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Even though it was pretty certain (the leaks were quite solid and reliable) it's still a bit of a hit in the stomach to see it officially announced. End of an era. It's had a great run though, 2 seasons more than any Star Trek series which is amazing! You could say that Twilight is bigger than Picard :)

A bit daft but one thing I'm sad about is all my merch going "out of date" :p I know it's not really and people still enjoy their merch from G1-G3, but... eh, if I get into G5 I just don't have room for any G5 stuff.

Still got S9 to look forward to and the movie in 2021 (which I think is G4 based?) so we can ride it out gently.

Made some great friends through this show and friendship doesn't die with a TV series. Still going to be around (even if mostly on the Telegram group these days) :)

4. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

I'll be sad to see it end, though obviously not surprised. Given that at one point it looked like season 3 was going to be the last we can't say it didn't get a good run... I think the biggest shame will be the move away from the G4 universe (assuming G5 goes the way it's rumoured to) as that's a lot of creativity and world-building to lose. I'm hoping the fandom will continue to expand on G4, even though I've never been particularly active in it myself. I suppose another possibility for keeping the world of G4 alive is the IDW comics. I have drifted away from them in recent years so I'm not sure what the future holds but unless they realign them to G5 they could remain an active source of G4 content.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  5. Cloudane

The 2021 movie is not G4 apparently, got mixed up. Rather, it's the G5 prequel

That's a shame as it'd have given us something G4 based to look forward to after the series ends, just to ease us out of it a bit like the Star Trek movies did with TOS and TNG, but I guess it'll just be a clean break.

6. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

I haven't watched the show in a while anyway so it ending doesn't bother me much. But... this forum's not going anywhere, right? RIGHT?! :eek:

Parthidens, Cloudane and Oilyvalves like this.
  7. Streamline

Streamline Active Pony

I suppose whilst it was known this was coming, it still hurts to hear it for real.

I'd be lying if I said I would want this show to just keep on going, as I know it would eventually become stale and resented, like I've seen with other programmes previously. But I'm still gutted it is going to end. I mean, what a journey we've all had with this.

I don't know about anyone else on here but I for one beleive that I wouldn't be in the position I am now general life-wise if it hadn't been for MLP:FIM being there. This generation was more than just selling toys, this has actually changed lives for the better. I've felt I can relate to the characters in this and it's that show that's always been there in times good and not-so-good to either cheer you up or make you believe in yourself.

For me now I feel this show has a responsibility to end this generation with a outstanding finish that let's us say goodbye properly to our beloved mane 6 and others. Anything like this is going to be sensitive to kids but I reckon it'll also be the same for many adults too who have become better in themselves from this show being there. MLP:FIM has a duty to these people to give them a finish it deserves.

We don't know exactly what G5 will be, but if it is, and I do believe it wil be, given a greater emphasis on toy selling and go back to it's more original aim pre generation 4 and perhaps less of interest to an adult audience (certainly from the drawing designs it gives this impression), then honestly all I ask is that our brilliant journey we've spent with this show gets a beautiful ending, that sort of gives us happiness in it's end and enjoyment for what it has done.

Going to be an emotional season, I just want it to deliver now.

8. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

So... on a slight tangent, Big Jim's twitter in the last 24 hours is worth taking look through regarding S9 - a reminder that it's not even over yet! 26 more episodes (something that the leaks were wrong about)!

I can't say I'm overly happy that it's ending, I think maybe if it had continued they could have evolved the show a bit, and I feel that the movie really revitalised the show and it had more left (but then we will have had 2 more seasons since the movie). Glad to know well in advance that it is ending though, in the earlier seasons they kept us guessing whether or not the show would be renewed from season to season - I remember during S5 half the fandom seemed to be convinced that was the last season.

Going by the official announcements, I did wonder whether we might actually be looking at a new G4-universe show rather than G5... but Big Jim has also confirmed that DHX are no longer involved so it really does seem to be the end of an era.

Interestingly at the Hasbro investor conference they casually referred to the 2021 movie as "My Little Pony 2" at least once - I wouldn't read too much into that, it doesn't even have an official working title yet, but that could be where the idea that it's a sequel came from.

I have a reasonable amount of faith in G5, mainly because it's such a valuable brand and I'm sure Hasbro will want to think very carefully about it, it's a lot to just throw away. I'm sure we'll get more details over time and I'll definitely be following it with great interest.

9. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

The confirmation did hit me harder than I'd have expected yesterday. Particularly when I actually picture the final moments of the show in my head. But probably best not to dwell on that too much.

It does feel the right sort of time to end the show for me, whilst it's still doing relatively strong. A never-ending stream of sub-par episodes leading off into the future certainly wouldn't have been nice to see.

Since I've been putting it off for a while, I should get round to posting my hopes for S9 in the dedicated thread: https://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/what-do-you-want-to-see-in-s9.19524/

It certainly sounds hopeful, in any case. Although I wouldn't expect any less from Jim and co.

10. Cloudane

Have some feels from Facebook. Suffer as I have suffered!

52561501_10161259862770167_3768089690566033408_n.jpg

11. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

12. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

It's been rumoured for quite a while that S9 would be the last. I suppose the official confirmation just makes it feel a little more "real".

I am a bit sad that it's coming to an end, but at the same time, I don't want the show to outlive its welcome. It's done very well, so I want it to go out on a high note. :)

I still remember my early days in the fandom, and my excitement when I found out there would be a Season 4. It seems like a long time ago. :p
    Awwww.

(Love the bag of oats. :p )

13. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

When there's any G5 news, as opposed to rumours, there'll be one. :)

14. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

This is an interesting thing that I've seen pointed out today, maybe it's common knowledge but it's new to me.

In the song "We're Friendship Bound" there's the lyric: "For untold seasons yet to come, our friendship will be here", to which Starlight replies "For nine, at least".

At 1:34

So there it was, hidden in plain sight! I'd listened to the song numerous times without noticing it...

15. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Aye, it was a clever nod. Particularly as it parodies a line in the song that We're Friendship Bound is based on; 'Road to Morocco'.

"Paramount will protect us, 'cause we're signed for 5 more years" (1:32)

Streamline and Mane25 like this.
  16. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Wait a Minute!

It can't end at Season 9.. It has to go to Season 19 at least.

Afterall Rarity Said this back in Season 4.

17. Cloudane

Very interesting! I wonder what other foreshadowing has been lurking unnoticed!

Mane25 likes this.
  18. mlpbronypony

mlpbronypony Honorary Pony

But then don’t forget Starlight mentioned for 9 at least in this song!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Blissful690

Yeah, we already brought that up.

20. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

#840 moody magpie, 27 February 2019
    Last edited: 27 February 2019
    Danishbrony2011 and Oilyvalves like this.