1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6/7/8/9 news and spoilers discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 6 December 2015.

1. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

Oooh, those are gonna be good. :D

2. Blissful690

Just something I need to get off my chest:
    I wish people would stop referring to S9E4 as episode 200 when it's not. It's episode 199. Best Gift Ever isn't an episode, it's a special. It's the length of two episodes. S9E5, "The Point of No Return", is the true episode 200.

3. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I don't know, I lean the opposite way, it feels right to me that it should be counted. It's an episode in an unnumbered season with a length of one episode.

4. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I find it a bit strange too given it's a special -- I'd actually find it less odd if it had two numbers like a normal two-parter -- but it does look like having "BGE" as no. 196 is going to be considered the official numbering whether we like it or not. Big Jim on Twitter, for example, who'd be likely to know.

On another note:

Not a very well-kept secret, in that it was in the leaks, but a relief to have it finally confirmed! (Insert the usual bewares about TV listings sites here.) I'm looking forward to this, especially as it seems like Grogar and Sombra may be rivals rather than working together.

Ever since Grogar was mentioned in "A Flurry of Emotions", I've suspected he'd return before the end of the series. Those who've never seen G1, you might want to watch "The Return of Tambelon", which is the story he's in. Just be prepared for how 80s G1 is. :p

6. Blissful690

Now that I think about it:
    The whole Grogar thing seems to make sense, what with him being a necromancer. In the trailer it looks like the Mane 6 are going to defeat King Sombra with the "magic of friendship" (so I assume) but I have a feeling that when Sombra gets defeated, the Mane 6 will find out who's really behind it all.

#886 Blissful690, 22 March 2019
    Last edited: 22 March 2019
  7. Loganberry

Discovery Family have released a very short animatic for the S9 premiere. It's been put up as an Instagram story, and as I don't have Instagram I can't link to it... but this EqD page (spoilers!) has the link for those who want to see it.

Edit: Found a YouTube link for the animatic! See below.

One non-spoilery bit of news from that is that the S9 premiere will be written by... Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco! :D Yes, the Lady Writers are back -- and, for me at least, that pushes the hype level right up. :)

#887 Loganberry, 31 March 2019
    Last edited: 31 March 2019
    Bridle Timeout and CuldeeFell like this.
  8. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Very happy to hear that they're back. They were always among the better writers for the show (certainly amongst the later seasons) and I feared they'd left for good after Season Seven, so it's nice to now they're back on board again for the final season.

I've been avoiding spoilers so I don't know if anything has been leaked/ confirmed about writers for the rest of the season but given it's the last one I would love it if some of the old timers like Keating-Rogers, M. A. Larson or Cindy Morrow could come back for one last blast. That said M. A. Larson has, technically, written for the show more recently than Lewis and Songco...

9. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

Okay, I'm super excited now. I've greatly enjoyed most of their episodes. :D

10. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

11. Streamline

Streamline Active Pony

Dang! When you discover the season 9 opener is going to clash with the Grand National main race this Saturday. If only the clocks hadn't gone back it'd be fine :p.

janglehooves likes this.
  12. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

So today for the last time begins a new season of MLP FIM..

Assuming today is a Double Episode and they don't take any breaks.. We will probably get a mid season break starting June 22nd.

Will most likely re commence on either August 3rd of 10th.. I would prefer the 10th as I'll be at the final Bronycon on the 3rd (That said though I could actually watch it in US time for once and not wait till the afternoon :p).

Assuming the Finale is going to be a double episode... The sad day will likely come on October 12th or 19th... Once again the latter would be preferred as the former clashes with UK Ponycon.

Putting on a brave face now but that weekend is going to feel like a punch in the gut when it comes :p

#892 Eunos the Fool, 6 April 2019
    Last edited: 6 April 2019
    Loganberry likes this.
  13. Loganberry

Discovery Family have come out with another 15-second teaser. A couple of new scenes in this one.

14. Loganberry

Short video interview with a cast member. It does contain spoilers. Even the title of the video will be a spoiler to some people. So please be extra-careful when discussing it. :)

15. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

I've just realised Patton Oswald looks like a fat Robbie Williams.

[Mod edit: please keep non-regular cast members' names from unaired episodes beneath spoiler cuts, as they're also things not everyone wants to know about. Thanks!]

#895 Thomas+Ponies, 12 April 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: 12 April 2019
  16. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

17. Loganberry

It now looks like Italian TV will be airing at least three episodes before their US releases: episode 8 today, 9 tomorrow and 10 on Friday. I've even seen one person say episode 11 is being shown in Italy on Monday!

EqD post here, but beware spoilers if you look at it: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/05/early-italian-mlp-season-9-episodes.html

Danishbrony2011 and Blissful690 like this.
  18. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

Brandnew song in Frenemies, and Gusty shown.

[Mod edit to make this 10 chars!]

#899 Danishbrony2011, 15 May 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: 15 May 2019
  19. Loganberry

Mod hat on

I added a spoiler-cut to your post as it revealed information from the episode.

Please do not post details of episodes outside spoiler-cuts until 24 hours after the episode has aired on Discovery Family in the US. This rule applies to all episodes, including these early showings. Thank you.